• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise details story, characters, and activities

Mista

Banned
2020-04-29_00091.jpg

The Nintendo.co.uk game page for Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise has been updated with new information on the game’s story, characters, and activities.
■ The Cult Classic Mystery Thriller Returns

Seeds sprout. Roots take hold. Trees grow, covering all around in shadow. But even when light shines on the ground below, the roots remain, tendrils spiraling deeper into the darkness… and the story begins anew.

Dig deep and unearth the evil lurking beneath a seemingly innocent town in Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise, only for Nintendo Switch.

Deadly-Premonition-2-A-Blessing-in-Disguise_2020_06-14-20_001.jpg

Deadly-Premonition-2-A-Blessing-in-Disguise_2020_06-14-20_002.jpg

■ Two Cases, One Mystery

Boston, 2019. FBI Special Agents Aaliyah Davis and Simon Jones, looking into a case long-thought solved, find themselves on the doorstep of a person of interest. Reports of a few missing bodies wouldn’t normally interest the FBI, but something about this case just doesn’t add up.

Despite having few leads to go on, the pair hope asking this person the right questions about the ‘red tree’ might get them somewhere. But as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for—some cases are best left closed…

Louisiana, 2005. A series of strange murders has blighted the backwater town of Le Carré and the FBI sends one of its young recruits, Special Agent Francis York Morgan, to investigate. Befriended by the sheriff’s daughter, who seems older than her years, the two soon set out together to find the truth.

On the surface, the peaceful town and its kind residents seem harmless enough. But a darkness grows beneath and, as casualties mount up, Special Agent Morgan must find those responsible before it swallows him too…

■ True Detectives

Francis York Morgan

Deadly-Premonition-2-A-Blessing-in-Disguise_2020_06-14-20_003.jpg

Great insight, exceptional athleticism and a knack for profiling serve Special Agent Morgan well at the FBI, though his eccentricity causes others to question his skills. Thankfully, his detachment from the real world means even the most horrifying crime scenes are just another puzzle for him to solve.

Patricia Woods

Deadly-Premonition-2-A-Blessing-in-Disguise_2020_06-14-20_004.jpg

Lives in Le Carré with her father, the local sheriff. Although young, she’s resourceful and acts far older than she actually is. Her adult-like speech and lack of fear impresses Special Agent Morgan, and she quickly names herself his partner in the investigation of the town’s ongoing murders.

Aaliyah Davis

Deadly-Premonition-2-A-Blessing-in-Disguise_2020_06-14-20_005.jpg

An FBI investigator with a keen eye for observation, Special Agent Davis is considered highly-skilled among her peers. Unfortunately, she can also come across as rude and competitive during questioning. She believes her current case hides an unsolved secret and maybe something worse…

Simon Jones

Deadly-Premonition-2-A-Blessing-in-Disguise_2020_06-14-20_006.jpg

Don’t let the exterior fool you: despite looking more than a little lazy, Special Agent Jones was once feared at the FBI as an investigative demon. He’s thoughtful, highly capable and a powerful presence who can corner any suspect with sharp questioning when necessary.

■ Your Future is Your Past

Set both nine years after and five years before the original game, Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise features not one, but two protagonists. Lead them to discover an astonishing truth that will send both to the brink of madness.

Deadly-Premonition-2-A-Blessing-in-Disguise_2020_06-14-20_007.jpg

Deadly-Premonition-2-A-Blessing-in-Disguise_2020_06-14-20_008.jpg

In the present, unravel a cold case as Special Agent Davis through questioning, presenting evidence and reviewing key testimonies that reveal long-buried secrets.

Deadly-Premonition-2-A-Blessing-in-Disguise_2020_06-14-20_009.jpg

Deadly-Premonition-2-A-Blessing-in-Disguise_2020_06-14-20_010.jpg

In the past, help Special Agent Morgan investigate a spate of brutal murders. Explore Le Carré on foot or via skateboard, interact with its citizens, uncover clues and dabble in voodoo to discover the darker side of this seemingly peaceful town…

■ Time to Spare

The town of Le Carré offers more than just a case for Special Agent Morgan to solve. From your base at the Casa Pineapple hotel, pick up requests from the locals that can bolster your hunt for the killer.

Alternatively, spend time enjoying some of the local pastimes:

• Bowling: Head to Bar Alexus and bowl a few frames down the alley. A perfect score awaits…
  • Skipping Rocks: Embrace the calm and see how far you can skim stones across the water.
  • Bayou River Ride: Take a trip down the river and practice your shooting skills with targets (or alligators!).
  • Skateboarding: As well as using it to get around town, try out your skateboard skills against the clock.
Deadly-Premonition-2-A-Blessing-in-Disguise_2020_06-14-20_011.jpg

Deadly-Premonition-2-A-Blessing-in-Disguise_2020_06-14-20_012.jpg
Gematsu

Andyliini

I played Deadly Premonition Origins last month, and was impressed indeed. It's a strange game, the reviews were divided, and I feel like both spectrums are correct. The game is both disappointment and masterpiece at the same time.

Can't wait for the sequel now. Hopefully it delivers.

God I love the first game so much! It's on my personal top five or ten of last gen for sure! Freaking IGN gave it a 3/10 back then. :messenger_unamused: Any chance this game is coming out for either PS4 or X1 in the future? Otherwise I'll have to get me a Switch, which I've been thinking about anyways.

Humdinger

This is out July 10th, eh? Less than a month. I'll be watching the reviews and impressions. Big fan of the first game. I don't own a Switch, but this could push me closer to getting one.

To the person asking above about PS4 or Xbox, I have heard speculation that it is a one-year timed exclusive, but I don't think that is confirmed. If anyone knows anything different, chime in.

MrA

Banned
I played Deadly Premonition Origins last month, and was impressed indeed. It's a strange game, the reviews were divided, and I feel like both spectrums are correct. The game is both disappointment and masterpiece at the same time.

Can't wait for the sequel now. Hopefully it delivers.
I describe deadly premonition a lot like the Kramer, it's hideous, yet I can't look away

Astral Dog

God I love the first game so much! It's on my personal top five or ten of last gen for sure! Freaking IGN gave it a 3/10 back then. :messenger_unamused: Any chance this game is coming out for either PS4 or X1 in the future? Otherwise I'll have to get me a Switch, which I've been thinking about anyways.
No word from them but it appears to be a timed exclusive like those on PlayStation, still i recommend getting a Switch anyways and not missing on launch. Plenty of portable goodness to play 😁

Last edited:

Naibel

The original DP is the greatest worst game ever made. Its clunkiness IS a major part of its charm. Bear the terrible graphics, controls and framerate, its plot and cast of crazy characters are first-class, one of gaming's best in my opinion.

I'm waiting for this sequel a lot more than some dog-killing simulator, ifyouknowwhatimean. :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

Doom85

Wait a minute, half of it is set in Lousiana and the synopsis calls them True Detectives? OMG, Swery, I love you. Normally a story being so blatantly copied from something would make me frustrated, but the first game taking so much from Twin Peaks didn't bother me, it just made it more fun to follow. I'm hoping this will be the same if they're going to take a lot from True Detective.

Definitely picking this up. Thought it would never happen, but then that sudden reveal in that Nintendo Direct put a big smile on my face. Hell, this is why I'm getting tired of leaks, if this had been leaked that reveal trailer would have left far less of an impact, but instead I got a very nice surprise.

Manji Uzuki

I really enjoyed the first game, but it was such a unique combination of things which make it work that I can't avoid feeling that this second part is going to be disappointing... Hope I'm wrong and it delivers

Dr.Morris79

original is damn fun, get baked outta your mind and enjoy the madness
You dont even have to get baked, the game is a trip on it's own!

Still cant believe I completed it with about one trophy not realising you could do loads of things other than the core game. I listened too much to the game telling me to hurry up between missions...

I missed so much! Might have to replay it on the Xbox one.

The PC version was a buggy mess. I never did finish the game due to it crashing all the time and I got sick of having to replay the awful action sequences over and over again. However, the plot was top notch and I enjoyed being able to take my time and explore the town. That's when the game was at its best.

I got very close to the end before giving up on it. It was the first and only time I decided to watch a playthrough just to see how the story unfolded. Don't regret it one bit. What a wild ride.

Sorcerer

I'm sort of looking forward to this but worried. I felt the first game was unironically goofy and in that lies the charm. I feel the devs are too aware of what people loved about the first game and now everything will feel forced. I don't think that kind of magic can be deliberately captured again.

H4ze

The first one is one of the best games ever made in my eyes, will be there day one for sure.

Pre ordered it from Amazon a few minutes ago! This game seems to retain the quirky spirit of the original game, things like the skateboard, learning tricks for it, it being both a sequel and prequel at the same time gives me the impression Swery and co will nail the serious parts as well. And besides, it's been a while since I treated myself to a new (physical) game so there's that too

Definitely want to play this. But not sure if I want to play it on my Switch.

Its has to be only a matter of time before it ia ported to big boy consoles. Isn't that right Zack?

Top Bottom