• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise announced for Switch; Deadly Premonition 1 available for Switch today

Mista

Banned

Publisher Rising Star Games and developer Toybox Games have announced Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise for Switch. It is directed and written by Hidetaka “Swery” Suehiro and will launch in 2020.

Additionally, the original Deadly Premonition will available now for Switch via the Nintendo eShop as Deadly Premonition Origins. A physical Collector’s Edition of Deadly Premonition Origins will be released via publisher Aksys Games in November.

Here is an overview of each game:
Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise(Nintendo.com)

The true sequel to Deadly Premonition is coming to Nintendo Switch.

In the year 2005, FBI agent York visits Le Carré, a small town in New Orleans where he encounters a mysterious serial murder case alongside his “friend” Zach.

Produced by the original creator team. The story takes place in a small town in New Orleans which was created based on research and interviews.

Deadly Premonition Origins (Nintendo.com)

The open world mystery adventure Deadly Premonition is coming to Nintendo Switch.

A mysterious serial murder occurs in Greenvale, a small town in North America surrounded by a beautiful nature.

FBI agent York sets out with his “friend” Zach to face the case.

Spend time with the town-people, soak your self into the nature and truth will gradually become clear. When you finally get to the truth, you’ll find yourself difficult to leave Greenvale.
Gematsu

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
I don't understand how this isn't on the PS4.

Is SWERY involved with this tho? Dunno how I would feel about a non SWERY Deadly Premonition.

If its not as good an entry we can always ignore it. The fact the first game lay the blueprint out of what a Deadly Premonition game can be gives them an excellent starting point.

If theres more than one song on the one radio channel I'll be hugely disappointed.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
$40 for the original is a bit much. Going to wait to see how much of an improvement it is over the last gen versions.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I wonder what version it is. I heard the directors cut is a little worse than the original back in the day?
I played the Director's Cut on PS3 and it ran so poorly that I ended up just waiting to play the 360 version on XB1.

Last edited:

dolabla

This place is doing the limited physical release for the first one in Europe/Australia (at least). Not sure if they're the only ones doing it and will ship to US, or if someone else in the US is doing it:

EDp0m_WWkAIaEfH

Hostile_18

Banned
No spoilers but the final boss of deadly premonition gives you more reason to want that person dead then any other boss in the history of gaming lol. Their list of crimes against you are outrageous!

Hostile_18

Banned
So what's the deal is Nintendo part financing it like Ultimate Alliance 3? Or timed exclusive etc.

It's bad having to but a console for one game*

*But I'm still gonna do it lol.

Fox Mulder

Wow. I loved it on the 360 when it first came out. Nintendo is actually getting me jealous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

evanft

So many questions:

• Is Nintendo publishing and/or financing either Origins or the sequel?
  • Will origins be based on the director's cut of the game or the original?
  • What changes, if any, are there in Origins from whatever version it's based on?
  • Is my body ready?

Hostile_18

Banned
Origins isn't published by Rising Star Games (but they are "excited' about it).

Sounds like DP2 is timed exclusive (they are answering everyone's questions but the XB/PS4 ones.

Last edited:

CDiggity

I just hope it doesn't fall into the trap of trying too hard to recapture the spirit of the original, as a lot of sudden sequels to cult classics have ended up.

There was such a purity to the first game which I feel would be impossible to recreate due to the new awareness from players/developers.

Hostile_18

Banned
I just hope it doesn't fall into the trap of trying too hard to recapture the spirit of the original, as a lot of sudden sequels to cult classics have ended up.

There was such a purity to the first game which I feel would be impossible to recreate due to the new awareness from players/developers.

If it keeps mirroring Twin Peaks that IMO is one of the few shows that had a massive gap and came back at the same quality as which it left.

Like Bon Jovi I'm going to keep the faith!

I really enjoyed the first. It had some issues/bugs, but it had so much charm and quirk that it was easy to forgive.

Coincidentally I'm rewatching the original Twin Peaks series at the moment too.

Top Bottom