• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space will launch in late 2022 if development goes to plan

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Electronic Arts is really making that Dead Space game that fans wanted. The game is going simply by the name “Dead Space.” And as I previously reported, that represents developer EA Motive’s desire to remake the original game while also rebooting the franchise as a whole. And fans should get a chance to experience the results of those efforts when Dead Space launches in fall of 2022, according to sources familiar with development.

This means the game is a little bit more than a year away. Of course, in the tumultuous games industry, target dates slip frequently. And it’s important to note that EA has not yet publicly stated or confirmed release timing for Dead Space.

I reached out to EA for comment, and a spokesperson for the publisher provided the following statement:

“We haven’t shared a release date for the game, and we don’t have any comment based on the current rumor and speculation. But we’re glad people are excited for the game!”
But internally, EA is expecting to launch Dead Space during its fiscal 2023. So we won’t see that in its financial guidance until early next year. But by then, we will likely have heard more from the publisher about this game.

The company does have some intentions to reveal more of Dead Space before the end of 2021. That could take the form of a trailer dropping on the company’s YouTube page, or maybe it’s another candidate to show up at The Game Awards in December.

levyjl1988

Banned
But I already played the first one and got all the achievements on Xbox 360. I wonder how much of a deviation there will be to be renewed for the gamers who have already played it.
Will it be Saints Row the third type effort or remake everything?

But I already played the first one and got all the achievements on Xbox 360. I wonder how much of a deviation there will be to be renewed for the gamers who have already played it.
I was expecting something like RE2 where graphics obviously along with fighting but to a smaller degree. Will be nice to find out.

WitchHunter

All I remember is that Dead Space was an average experience when I played it, but I don't remember anything that stood out from any of the 3 games. Why do they remake it?

Lameshot

Neo Member
All I remember is that Dead Space was an average experience when I played it, but I don't remember anything that stood out from any of the 3 games. Why do they remake it?
It has strong fanbase and its considered one of the best survivor horror scifi game.

With the lack of upcoming survivor horror games im looking forward to this one for sure.

The game is good enough to justify a playthrough every decade.

I don't think EA understands that nobody trusts them to get this right. Putting hundreds of people to shit out a pale imitation of Dead Space is what I think most people are expecting.

EA, the only fucking reason people liked Dead Space is that it wasn't an "EA" game. You fucked up DS3 making it an "EA" game. Nobody trusts you.

Shubh_C63

I am scratching my head to remember any better action horror game than Dead Space 1.

Environment, pacing, graphics, performance, story, there was everything in that game.

It's a remake/remagining the core game plot, encounters, level design etc is all there. They just have to recreate in Frostbite and add a few new features right?

Airbus Jr

Banned
2Fzoioe.jpg

Top Bottom