• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space: Remake | Review Thread

What Scores do you think DEAD SPACE will get?

• 0-10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-20%

• 20-30%

• 30-40%

• 40-50%

• 50-60%

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 43 40.2%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hugare

30 fps mode sucks ass. Perfoall the way you cant see the res difference anyways its often pitch black without your light. Game is leagues scarier than callisto which was not scary at all.

Alien isolation still has the crown for that.

Oh isaac stfu
Good to know

First Dead Space wasnt that scary, honestly. Back in 2008 it was, because you didnt know what to expect from the necromorphs.

But I've replayed it recently and it was so chill. Every jumpscare was telegraphed from a mile away.

Dead Space 2, regarded as the more action heavy game, has way more scary encounters. Enemies flank you way more, the stalker is one scary mf, and AI was better.

And Alien Isolation is still king

MikeM

Just preordered on PS5.

Don’t forget that you get a 10% discount if you have an EA Play membership. For me, it saved me $9+ tax at the cost of a $5 membership. Netted a $4+ tax savings but more importantly scored a free month of EA Play while getting a slight discount on the game.

skneogaf

Good to see it reviewing well, Now I have a choice to make. Save $20 and get the EA version on CDkeys or go the full $60 and get it on Steam. I'd get it on EA but the Steam Deck can be hit or miss whether a game on the EA store will launch on the Deck.

I only want to buy this on steam so I'm thinking of paying for ea pass or whatever its called playing it then waiting till its 20 earth credits

So 15 + 20 = 35 earth credits

Are we living in a timeline where EA delivers a better Dead Space game than the actual creators of Dead Space?

Professor Farnsworth Futurama GIF

Kidding aside. Great work EA! Thought I’d never utter the words after all the studio butchery

Good to know

First Dead Space wasnt that scary, honestly. Back in 2008 it was, because you didnt know what to expect from the necromorphs.

But I've replayed it recently and it was so chill. Every jumpscare was telegraphed from a mile away.

Dead Space 2, regarded as the more action heavy game, has way more scary encounters. Enemies flank you way more, the stalker is one scary mf, and AI was better.

And Alien Isolation is still king
Good for you, Dead Space 2008 killed me. I had to play the game in sessions of 30 minutes max to not get a heart attack. Don’t know about your sound system at the time but with 5.1 quality setup the sound was what haunting me the most.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
"In the moment-to-moment gameplay, it literally feels identical, but that's because it is. Anything new in Dead Space doesn't enhance the experience, it detracts from it. So, we're left with a worse version of a game that looks vastly superior."

Pass then.

I'm personally pleased it's not cross gen, but abit disappointed to read this criticism of the graphics from Pushsquare:

"The biggest difference between the PS3 and PS5 versions, though, is, of course, the visuals. Dead Space now looks leagues ahead of what EA achieved on Sony's third home console, but that's not to say it impresses for today's standards. In fact, it's graphically where the remake disappoints the most. Compared to The Last of Us: Part I — another PS3 to PS5 remake — Dead Space looks notably average. It could probably pass as a late-gen PS4 title, and that's even on the 30fps Quality Mode. It's quite surprising EA didn't bother with versions for the previous generation of systems because, on a purely visual level, it wouldn't look out of place."
Wtf

[Sigma]

Will get it at some point. It will be a long time before im able to play it because my schedule right now has like 3 games on it I haven't played that I want to get done(including The Callisto Protocol).

It's funny, I don't really read/watch all of the review in the reviews I read/watch for these games anymore. I skip to the section where it talks about the DualSense features and how good it is(or isn't).

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
I think that's how I'm feeling. I just got Callisto Protocol on a sale and haven't even started it yet.

Cope.
He will play the game he likes more and the game he likes is worth it to him. What a shock.
And another shock -the game he likes is the game he likes for 15 years.

Last edited:
Better in which way?

Maybe he wanted to make something different. He dedicated many years to the franchise already.

For all of its flaws, you cant say Callisto played it safe (at least in terms of gameplay). And I love it for it.
He left Dead Space to work on a game that is basically a financial and commercial failure.

But your right, if his goal was just to make something new than maybe he doesn't care, who knows. I plan on picking up Callisto when it hits the bargain bin.

diffusionx

Gold Member
He left Dead Space to work on a game that is basically a financial and commercial failure.

But your right, if his goal was just to make something new than maybe he doesn't care, who knows. I plan on picking up Callisto when it hits the bargain bin.
He left EA over 10 years ago to form Sledgehammer… it’s not like EA has been working on Dead Space nonstop, it’s not Madden.

wvnative

For those who want to buy this game later on:

Please remember that this is our chance to tell EA we want Dead Space to be revived. If the game doesn't sell well enough, EA will take it as a lack of interest for the IP and put the franchise on ice once more.
I'm hoping it's success leads to other IP revivals like burnout or titanfall

What's more jarring is it's the same actor
He should look like this in the Remake
giphy.webp
I mean, he can look like this in this game, an engineer in his 40s not knowing what he will encounter at the Ishimura:
kmvBaaE.jpg

And if they decide to make a DS 2 remake, just gave him the beard and the grey-ish hair and it will look just like he did in the OG DS2. A man that has seem some shit and has been treated like a mentally ill patient for 3 years:
toqrfJK.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wonder if we'll get a Dead Space 2 Remake 🤔
Then again I'll have to wait to see what this one is like first.
Still don't trust reviews, but it's a 1:1 Remake with some modern audiences changes.
Other then it looking like a Last Gen game, they can't really fuck it up.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My finger is hovering over the order button... But I already have too much stuff I want to play off PS+ and not enough time to play it all, then there's soon Hogwarts which seems really cool, and then Jedi Survivor which I definitely need to play, etc. So I think the only reasonable thing to do is to hold off on this one for now. Damn, after almost no really interesting releases between ER and GOWR last year (IMO), now we're getting too many interesting games all at once.

rofif

Banned
How bad are the modes on ps5?
Is it again a game with graphics locked behind fucking terrible slow high input lag 30fps mode which should not be this slow (look bloodborne, very fast 30fps) ?
And then 60fps, blurred cheese mode?

I genuinely don't know. Trying to decide if I want bad modes ps5 dualsense version or pc

Drizzlehell

Banned
What's more jarring is it's the same actor
He should look like this in the Remake
giphy.webp
He does. Anyone who cries about this blows it way out of proportion. All they've seen is one crappy screenshot and that's like their whole idea of how the new model looks like.

In fact, the apperance of any of those characters in the new game has precisely zero negative impact on the story so anyone who's getting bent out of shape about this is just being a big baby.

Top Bottom