• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space: Remake | Review Thread

What Scores do you think DEAD SPACE will get?

• 0-10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-20%

• 20-30%

• 30-40%

• 40-50%

• 50-60%

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 43 40.2%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

winjer

Gold Member
To think AMD was giving out that crap Callisto Protocol with it's GPUs, instead of a good game like this remake of Dead Space.

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

amigastar

I don't even remember original dead space being this good and this seems worse than original huh
Seems that I have to pick it up after finishing Forspoken. Pizza Tower also comes out today.

No dualsense on pc? This means ps5 should be a good choice
I assume there's no Dualsense support on PC. Maybe there is, but it seems unlikely.

Freeza93

Banned
USB drive, upload to Twitter (will degrade a bit), or if on PS5, enable it to upload when a screenshot is taken automatically to the PS App and you can save them from phone there and post.
Twitter? Really? I dont use that. No its on xbox how to access the cloud ffs

wvnative

I never cared about horror games, but I'm so hungry for a good old fashioned short, non-bloated AAA game and for true next gen visuals.

How approachable is Dead Space for someone not really familiar with horror games?

TrebleShot

I don't even remember original dead space being this good and this seems worse than original huh
Seems that I have to pick it up after finishing Forspoken. Pizza Tower also comes out today.

No dualsense on pc? This means ps5 should be a good choice
Spot on, always the difference, PS5 it is.

I’ll get it on PC later when a patch drops for DS and there’s a sale.

Stuart360

Been watching a couple of playthroughs, and the only thing i dont like is just how dark the game is compared to the orig game.
The orig game was actually quite light most of the time, then it would have dark sections which really raised the tension. This remake is dark all the time.

Ovrall though, the game looks great, with some nice gameplay improvements.

GymWolf

Been watching a couple of playthroughs, and the only thing i dont like is just how dark the game is compared to the orig game.
The orig game was actually quite light most of the time, then it would have dark sections which really raised the tension. This remake is dark all the time.

Ovrall though, the game looks great, with some nice gameplay improvements.
Like what?

Do you mean the free exploration and zero-g sections?

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I never cared about horror games, but I'm so hungry for a good old fashioned short, non-bloated AAA game and for true next gen visuals.

How approachable is Dead Space for someone not really familiar with horror games?
You’ll be fine. Don’t use all your ammo and utilize his stomp on fallen enemies. It’s like having your typical bad guy jumping out at you in the dark.

Stuart360

Like what?

Do you mean the free exploration and zero-g sections?
Well yeah, and the poeple i was wathcing said the game controlled a lot better than the orig game. There are also like side missions where yuo go off the beaten path, which wasnt in the orig game.

Matt_Fox

I'm personally pleased it's not cross gen, but abit disappointed to read this criticism of the graphics from Pushsquare:

"The biggest difference between the PS3 and PS5 versions, though, is, of course, the visuals. Dead Space now looks leagues ahead of what EA achieved on Sony's third home console, but that's not to say it impresses for today's standards. In fact, it's graphically where the remake disappoints the most. Compared to The Last of Us: Part I — another PS3 to PS5 remake — Dead Space looks notably average. It could probably pass as a late-gen PS4 title, and that's even on the 30fps Quality Mode. It's quite surprising EA didn't bother with versions for the previous generation of systems because, on a purely visual level, it wouldn't look out of place."

Nickolaidas

Banned
I know man. I didn't remember it that way either. Then I looked at some old footage and boy oh boy did the PS3 era not age gracefully.
No, man - I misunderstood. I thought you said that the REMAKE just looks ugly (compared to the original). And I was like, 'really, bruh?'

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
No, man - I misunderstood. I thought you said that the REMAKE just looks ugly (compared to the original). And I was like, 'really, bruh?'

Oh, ha. Nah this thing looks dope as hell, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Mossybrew

Yeah, same, I was all set to ignore this game (never played the original) but I don't have much to play until Hoggworts so I'm kinda tempted.

Some folks are attempting to try and paint this as something negative? Come on man, lmao. It's a faithful remake with some new and expanded mechanics, sounds like a win in my book.
They were never going to please everyone.
If they had made a lot changes to the game and story, some people would say they would have preferred a game that sticks to the original.
If they had made a 1:1 copy, some people were going to say it isn't worth getting it because it is identical to the original.
And even if the game managed to blend the 2 aspects perfectly, people would find anything to complain about (like complaining about faces).

OZ9000

Banned
I'm in no rush to play this game - quite happy to wait a few months. Will buy when we get a 50% discount on Steam.

The only remake which I'll happily pay full price for is Metal Gear Solid.

Last edited:

Comandr

As someone who completely missed the dead space train the first time around, this looks pretty fun. Really enjoying the environmental sound effects and tension.

MiguelItUp

They were never going to please everyone.
If they had made a lot changes to the game and story, some people would say they would have preferred a game that sticks to the original.
If they had made a 1:1 copy, some people were going to say it isn't worth getting it because it is identical to the original.
And even if the game managed to blend the 2 aspects perfectly, people would find anything to complain about (like complaining about faces).
Oh, of course! It's just a shame really, but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest, especially nowadays. Just unfortunate to see folks attempt to drag it when it's apparently a faithful remake with great gameplay, visuals, audio, and performance. Which alone feels like a jewel considering the performance of a lot of other modern AAA games.

MaKTaiL

I'll wait for it to drop on EA Play, it shouldn't take too long (ME Trilogy dropped 1 month after release). I'll be focusing on Hogwarts Legacy first but I can't wait to play Dead Space later.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
My timer says it unlocks in about 22 hours which would be around friday evening. Is this a simultaneous world wide release or should i expect it to unlock at midnight?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

Dead Space Global Release Times​

Dead Space will unlock at 8 AM PT / 11 AM ET on January 27. In Australia, which exists slightly in the future, the game will unlock that side from 3 AM AEDT on January 28.

January 27

• 8 AM PT
  • 10 AM CST
  • 11 AM ET
  • 1 PM BST
  • 4 PM GMT
  • 5 PM CET
  • 6 PM CAT
  • 8 PM GST
January 28

• 12 AM CST
  • 12 AM HKT
  • 1 AM JST
  • 3 AM AEDT

Freeza93

Banned
30 fps mode sucks ass. Perfoall the way you cant see the res difference anyways its often pitch black without your light. Game is leagues scarier than callisto which was not scary at all.

Alien isolation still has the crown for that.

Oh isaac stfu

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
For some reason Amazon changed my delivery take to the 31st so I canceled my order and ordered it elsewhere. Probably won’t get it tomorrow though.

SaiyanRaoh

Good to see it reviewing well, Now I have a choice to make. Save $20 and get the EA version on CDkeys or go the full $60 and get it on Steam. I'd get it on EA but the Steam Deck can be hit or miss whether a game on the EA store will launch on the Deck.

Top Bottom