• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Official Teaser Trailer

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I think as they have shown the teaser I think they already have 80 or 85% of the development, it is almost finished.

If I buy Dead space 3 on PC ..... Are there still people playing online?

Last edited:
I think as they have shown the teaser I think they already have 80 or 85% of the development, it is almost finished.

If I buy Dead space 3 on PC ..... Are there still people playing online?
That's the complete opposite of what would you expect after a teaser. If they released a teaser instead of an actual trailer I wouldn't be expecting this game to come out for at least two years. But then again, I don't remember EA working this way of showing games years before release, so it'll probably come out next year.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
That's the complete opposite of what would you expect after a teaser. If they released a teaser instead of an actual trailer I wouldn't be expecting this game to come out for at least two years. But then again, I don't remember EA working this way of showing games years before release, so it'll probably come out next year.
That's what I mean ... Most likely they developed it 4 or 5 years before, showing a teaser if it was in the beginning phase would be the worst, remember Final Fantasy VII ... With a teaser at least they have advanced in development, a trailer is 90% of development for that very they release it in 1 or 2 years after showing the game

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As many of us now know, it appears that EA has indeed heard our cries for some sort of revival for the Dead Space franchise and they are finally giving us just that in the form of a total remake of the original game. While that is perhaps playing it a bit on the safe side, and a more ambitious true 4th game in the storyline would have perhaps been preferable - especially seeing how well the original game still holds up - at this point, any form of a return to the series is welcome.

But given that it is a remake and not just a remaster, and thus, able to take advantage of all of the lessons learned and advancements in game development that we’ve seen over the 14 years since the game’s release, here’s hoping that EA Motive are given the time and resources needed to do the game justice, and maintain what is needed to ensure a successful remake while smoothing over the game’s few rough edges and keeping what Visceral Games got right intact.

It’s certainly true that most things about Dead Space hold up just fine today - especially if you don’t get hung up on dated graphics too easily, but the truth is there is nothing from that long ago that couldn’t be smoothed over today, so for now, let's talk about a few of those things that hopefully EA Motive has the foresight to address in the upcoming remake.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
uhhhh im assuming this is very very early footage because it literally looks worse in some areas.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Sound design is not there yet. GFX also look underwhelming. It’s a static game with lots of corridors. Where are the flickering lights, raytracing etc. looks meh for a next gen only title.

The monster design, animation and overall vibe looks 14years old.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
New footage looks pretty okay. Not really blowing my mind.

Why this game needs a remake again?

Confused Little Girl GIF

Because that's the easy way out when you're creatively bankrupt.

All this time and resource could've been spent on an actual sequel, but alas.

After seeing this new footage I have to rant a bit.Horizon forbidden west is a cross game but it looks the absolute best a game has ever looked till now.It’s open world extremely detailed everywhere especially the enemies.This game here Dead Space which is made new only for next gen consoles only for XboxX and PS5 looks absolutely trash.Infamous second son was first Titel of the PS4 open world looks 100 times better in everything than this pseudo next gen remake of Dead Space and Dead Space is closed environments.Dead Space should have 16k or 8k textures Isaac especially enemies should look photo realistic and be perfect animated.This looks like a bit prettier dead Space game and the original is a PS3 game.Really really disappointing cause dead space is one of my favorite series ever up there with resident evil.Probably EA thought let’s make some quick money of a game what fans live here is a budget of a few 100.000s make ist fast and cheap.I reserve my final judgment for the final game but right now it’s not even in the same universe of the Order1886 which is a old PS4 Titel now

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Sound design is not there yet. GFX also look underwhelming. It’s a static game with lots of corridors. Where are the flickering lights, raytracing etc. looks meh for a next gen only title.

The monster design, animation and overall vibe looks 14years old.
This is in alpha even pre alpha stage... Obviously that won't be there yet. Wtf

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
After seeing this new footage I have to rant a bit.Horizon forbidden west is a cross game but it looks the absolute best a game has ever looked till now.It’s open world extremely detailed everywhere especially the enemies.This game here Dead Space which is made new only for next gen consoles only for XboxX and PS5 looks absolutely trash.Infamous second son was first Titel of the PS4 open world looks 100 times better in everything than this pseudo next gen remake of Dead Space and Dead Space is closed environments.Dead Space should have 16k or 8k textures Isaac especially enemies should look photo realistic and be perfect animated.This looks like a bit prettier dead Space game and the original is a PS3 game.Really really disappointing cause dead space is one of my favorite series ever up there with resident evil.Probably EA thought let’s make some quick money of a game what fans live here is a budget of a few 100.000s make ist fast and cheap.I reserve my final judgment for the final game but right now it’s not even in the same universe of the Order1886 which is a old PS4 Titel now
THIS IS EARLY IN DEVELOPMENT.

It's not that hard to understand, Jesus!

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
This is in alpha even pre alpha stage... Obviously that won't be there yet. Wtf
They are doing marketing with it, I give my opinion on it.

What you expect, this thread to shut down because there is nothing to talk about other than to praise what's on display?
Its a product made to get our money. If this is what every games looks like early in development, no shit every other company isn't showing anything.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Man the teasers looked so promising and now it looks like a side grade.
Disagree
Listening to some fan feedback while staying mostly true to the original vision is always good in my books. Not sure about the voiced protagonist choice but other than that this is shaping up pretty good.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Disagree
Listening to some fan feedback while staying mostly true to the original vision is always good in my books. Not sure about the voiced protagonist choice but other than that this is shaping up pretty good.
I personally hope they dont go overboard by solely rely on "fan feedback" to develop their game.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
That uh

That's definitely Dead Space. Dead Spacing.

I'm hoping with touch ups to sound, ambience, music, and shadows this will fare better. Right now it looks way too samey for a remake of a PS3 era game.

I also echo that they need to add some flair. This looks like something a very dedicated person made in Unreal right now, not a reboot to a fairly acclaimed game by a team of professionals. Games like Horizon and GoW and fuck, even Assassin's Creed have a lot of wow factor and roughly 14 times the space that needs covering in it. This entire game takes place on a ship, for all intents and purposes. It's like 22nd Century Spencer Mansion.

kiphalfton

Is this new footage? I have to say I liked the noisier original for sure. He is also walking unnaturally slow in the remake, like he has hemorrhoids. Besides that it looks fine.

They reduced walking speed. Absolutely stupid, since it was fine to begin with.

I must say that though it's cool it's being remade, I don't think there is really any need for it. The game still looks pretty good, and although I've heard the PC port sucks they could have just simply remastered the game(s).

Top Bottom