• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Official Teaser Trailer

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
curiosity GIF

Gamerguy84

Believe it or not I'm probably one of the few who never played Dead Space so this will be my first look.

Wasn't it a 360 exclusive for a long time? I just never picked it up on PS3

Last edited:
God damn, this might push me to buy a PS5 then.

Amazing news, I played the first Dead Space so many times. The atmosphere, the story, the gameplay... perfection.

EDMIX

No last gen makes me think this is a remake or reboot.

Not sure how.

We literally got remakes last gen though..... I don't even know how you are putting any of that together lol

It could be a remake and be cross gen, it can be a remaster and be cross gen, it can be Dead Space 4 and be cross gen, it can be a reboot and be cross gen, it can be a straight great value port aka GV port and be cross gen.

I've never seen any correlation with a remake and next gen. The 2 are irrelevant. Sir, I can name you several games from port, remake, sequel, reboot that are cross gen to show zero correlation exist. So they have this as next gen only because EA feels like it, being a remake likely is completely irrelevant to that.

EA closed down the original Dead Space studio while it was developing a Star Wars game with Amy "Soul Reaver" Henning directing. Might play the new game, but forgiveness is most certainly out of the question.

lol sir, this is a video game company.

When they have to do something like that, its business. The fact that they are still doing Star Wars single player titles, the fact that they are doing a DEAD SPACE GAME, goes to show the issue was with that team in general and not single player or Star Wars or Dead Space or anything like that. So clearly behind the scenes the team was fucking up a lot of shit.

Day 1.

To involve personally feelings into this shit like "oh boy, they closed a studio, how dare they", shit might as well stop gaming period, you know of a major publisher thats closed down zero studios? Zero lay offs? With such logic, you'd better off not gaming at all if this whole "forgiveness" and feels is what you put into buying a game. Zero publisher is some moral god in this respect, they all must do this to stay in business to even continue to give you a Dead Space remake in the first place.

Full remake. Next-gen only. Frostbite engine.

Day.....fucking....1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm generally surprised that its next gen only considering EA tends to do cross gen for a few years into the gen.

Maybe they legit seek to do things different this gen, but over the years they have actively changed a lot. Last gen sooooo much changed.

BF4 rushed to launch, then BF was delayed, Mass Effect was delayed and it seems the EA looking to rush things sees a cost exist to such a move, BF 2042 is given more time and skips next gen launch.

More freedom given to teams (or what they've stated about giving teams freedom)

EA getting rid of the MP mode in Dragon Age.

EA having free DLC like maps in BFV, Battlefront 2, Titan Fall 2 etc

EA having a Star Wars that is SP only with zero MP.

It tells me they made a lot of changes last gen and we are likely continuing to see those changes coming into this gen. So maybe next year we won't see the same line up of cross gen stuff from certain IP, we can expect Single player games to stay that, MP games to stay that considering the removal of SP in BF 2042, it sounds like they want to focus on the meat and potatoes vs forcing in tacked on modes. So this being a full remake and only on next gen shows they are very serious about Single player titles and very serious on quality to completely skip last gen systems.

I'm completely ok with theses moves by EA and feel if I gave them criticism in the past based on fuck ups, I should give credit when they are actually doing the right thing.

wipeout364

Very excited; Dead Space is one of the best survival horror games ever made. Imagine if BF2042 lives up to the hype, EA is on a serious roll after their low point with anthem.

I don't pay any money for modern EA games. Why would I? They don't interest me, and they'll be free in what seems like 6 months on Game pass.

I will pay $70 day one for this. Dead Space is an inspired game.

fart town usa

Gold Member
They should remake this, 2 and throw out everything with 3 except - Space graveyard, customizable weapons and Tau Volantis in 3. Ellie should be Isaacs partner. Add the Unilotgy Tomb fleets they've always hinted at. Use a planet cracker ship to kill a brother moon.

Throw out everything else they did with the story.
I'd be down with that.

The gameplay in 3 is fine, a bit too over the top, but it was the story that really brought that game down. Just way too mellow dramatic and the romance plot, etc. Just cheese beyond belief.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m excited as I already spent money on this franchise. Count me in day 1. I saw where they’re getting a Council of Social Media/Twitch people to provide feedback? Why is that even necessary? Why should I even care. I don’t get it. Let’s just hope they can make a game without it completely controlling the development. It’s like getting bitten by a poisonous spider while you’re just trying to relax in the grass.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The gameplay in 3 is fine
No its not "fine", If I wanted typical 3rd person shooter there were MUCH better choices out there but at that time there were barely good 3rd person survival horror game and first two games were one of the best out there, right beside RE4.

But my biggest grip with the 3rd game is what they done to Isaac as a character and how they shoehorned cringy ass love triangle to the plot......It would have been waaaaay better if series ended with 2nd game.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wonder what Glen Schofield's reaction is to this.

He should be so proud.
He’s probably too busy with The Callisto Protocol. Fingers crossed that that will be new and refreshing.

I just hope they keep the ground stomp sound effect and the map beam. Those noises were on par with the Gears chime.

ZoukGalaxy

I’m excited as I already spent money on this franchise. Count me in day 1. I saw where they’re getting a Council of Social Media/Twitch people to provide feedback? Why is that even necessary? Why should I even care. I don’t get it. Let’s just hope they can make a game without it completely controlling the development. It’s like getting bitten by a poisonous spider while you’re just trying to relax in the grass.

Who are these fucking people ??? I don't care about their feedback !

Damn, it does not feel good anymore.
Joy instant killed.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Who are these fucking people ??? I don't care about their feedback !

Damn, it does not feel good anymore.
Joy instant killed.
Pretty sure this is pure PR.

"Hey look, we're not that evil company anymore who wanted every last cent from you without hearing your opinion! Now your opinion matters! We are listening to fan feedback! We're on YOUR side, now!"

I'm really surprised EA have greenlit this but I'm very happy they did. I've a feeling this will kick start the franchise again and hopefully give us DS2.

Believe it or not I'm probably one of the few who never played Dead Space so this will be my first look.

Wasn't it a 360 exclusive for a long time? I just never picked it up on PS3
It's on Gamepass right now, 1 and 2 are brilliant games, 3 wasn't even in the same league though.

Bartski

Gold Member

wait what the fuck. So rather than getting people on board who have hours of videos about Dead Space on their channels, people keeping the game alive all these years running /r/, they'll be getting feedback from hot twitch streaming chicks.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

mrBandoza

Neo Member
Aaaahhhh how am I supposed to be able to play this? Platinumed it on PS3 but man it was a chore. Scared to death even when I knew what was going to happen. If not the best so one of the best games in the PS360 era. Great atmospher, control, art direction and story. This with 3D audio and haptics...... :messenger_face_screaming::messenger_face_screaming::messenger_face_screaming::messenger_face_screaming::messenger_face_screaming:

cormack12

Gold Member
So really try and get a lot of streamers feel like they are invested in the IP and then stream it when it comes out. Feels a lot like that Simpsons episode and Everyman/Comic Book Guy

EDMIX

Pretty sure this is pure PR.

"Hey look, we're not that evil company anymore who wanted every last cent from you without hearing your opinion! Now your opinion matters! We are listening to fan feedback! We're on YOUR side, now!"

? So feed back is now bad?

When its no feed bad its "WOW EA, they don't care about consumers"

EA- "Ok, we have feed back open in caus-"

"PRETTY SURE THIS IS JUST PURE PR EVERYONE"

Keep in mind, they've had feed back for many, many games. They've had many betas where feed back is open and you can tell the team about issues or fixes etc. To try to argue this is "pure PR" is BS bud. I think some gamers can't be pleased and would have just goal posted a new fake outrage thing.

Imagine getting mad that they want feed back to make the game better.

Bartski

Gold Member
Imagine getting mad that they want feed back to make the game better.

I don't think that part is PR at all, just that feedback can be bad and the disclosed board doesn't really inspire confidence.

But in reality, I'm pissed off they went for some semi-randoms from Twitch rather than real experts. Like me.

mad the rock GIF

TonyK

Original is a masterpiece, I'm truly feared of those gameplay improvements these developers not related with the original plan to add. I want a remake like Demons Souls, not like Twin Snakes.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I don't think that part is PR at all, just that feedback can be bad and the disclosed board doesn't really inspire confidence.

But in reality, I'm pissed off they went for some semi-randoms from Twitch rather than real experts. Like me.

mad the rock GIF

I guess, at least state its cause you are not picked or don't agree with what others might state in the feedback, but shit they could have selected me and I'd be like "this shit doesn't have ENOUGH MTX, this man wears a helmet, sell consumers more helmets, lock a gun behind a paywall" /s lol

Dat gif doe! lol yesssssssssss

Top Bottom