• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Official Teaser Trailer

carlosrox

Banned
100% getting this for all consoles AND PC just like I did with the first 3 games.

Except this time the PC won't get a weird port and my PC is actually good. In fact I just might upgrade mine just to celebrate this.

Gonna be a fucking experience. Playing this game on an LG CX OLED will be fucking nirvana.

No release date yet?

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Hopefully they overhaul the game play structure., the original was too boring and repetitive.
I like how people laugh react, 2 was a MASSIVE improvement in structure.

dead space was basically

1. Start level
2. Get objective
3. Find the key
4. Turns out, it was the wrong key the entire time!
5. Go to point B, get the real key
6. Backtrack and exit level

The Big Lebowski Dance GIF by Working Title

Fuckin A

carlosrox

Banned
I like how people laugh react, 2 was a MASSIVE improvement in structure.

dead space was basically

1. Start level
2. Get objective
3. Find the key
4. Turns out, it was the wrong key the entire time!
5. Go to point B, get the real key
6. Backtrack and exit level

At least in 1 some levels let you do things in the order you choose. 2 was just way too linear. Definitely prefer the backtracking little hub levels to the overly linear pace of 2.

dcx4610

Can't wait. I was thinking of replaying these again but I can hold off now.

First game might be better than Resident Evil to me. It has such an atmosphere to it and I love the upgrade system. Part 2 is a little too actiony for me but the story was decent and the game was still fun. It felt like Resident Evil 4 turning more action instead of horror. 3 people seem to hate and it has its flaws but is a good mixture of 1 and 2.

Still, nothing holds a candle to the first. One of the best games of all time.

Yoboman

Cool

But I started laughing my ass off when the creepy version of twinkle twinkle started being sung. So cliche

SinDelta

Disappointed that it's a remake. I mean RE2 and RE3 being remade made sense cause the games first came out on the PSX and were fixed camera angle/pre rendered backgrounds. The original Dead Space really hasn't aged much and still looks gorgeous.

Exciting all the same but a different story line would be better in my eyes. I mean, are they gonna remake 2 and 3 next? Just seems like a waste of potential plot.
They should remake this, 2 and throw out everything with 3 except - Space graveyard, customizable weapons and Tau Volantis in 3. Ellie should be Isaacs partner. Add the Unitology Tomb fleets they've always hinted at. Use a planet cracker ship to kill a brother moon.

Throw out everything else they did with the story.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Cool

But I started laughing my ass off when the creepy version of twinkle twinkle started being sung. So cliche

That was in the first game and it was awesome then and it's awesome now.

Plus it's an homage to the Alien Resurrection trailer that also used Twinkle Twinkle (though it wasn't as dark as it is in DS).

Fbh

Disappointing that it's a remake but I'll absolutely take this over some coop multiplayer GaaS Dead Space.

Hopefully it sells well and motive are allowed to make a new game in the franchise.

So what we can gather from this is:
  • They're rebuilding assets, textures, adding new sounds, animations, etc
  • Taking inspiration from some elements present in the sequels, like the zero G movement in DS2 for example
  • Next gen capabilities enabled them to have ray traced reflections, volumetric effects and fluid simulations
  • 3D audio to understand where the sound comes from and have the right propagation
  • They really want to expand in immersion for example, taking advantage of 3D audio to make whispers feel close to you
  • They don't want to interrupt the experience, and just like in the original game, everything will be told from Isaac's perspective with no cuts, you can play from start to finish seamlessly
  • Dismemberment will "evolve" a little bit
  • They've been talking to some community members to have some feedback on what to do and don't

Bartski

Gold Member
biggest takeaways from the IGN interview imo:

- no cut camera all the way, no loading
- implementing DS cut content, gameplay improvements and story elements from DS2 and 3
- evolution of dismemberment combat mechanics, "not only gorier than the original"...
- no MTX whatsoever
- big focus on 3D audio HELL YES
- organized community feedback during development

I hope the move with the "community council" is the right decision and I'm curious who's on it.

Yoboman

That was in the first game and it was awesome then and it's awesome now.

Plus it's an homage to the Alien Resurrection trailer that also used Twinkle Twinkle (though it wasn't as dark as it is in DS).
I havent played the first game. Still cliche as hell, there's even a tvtropes page for ironic nursery rhymes

Skifi28

Conflicted on this. I'd love a remake/reimagining of the first game, but closing Visceral only to have someone else make a Dead space game is in terrible taste for so many reasons.

SCB3

I'm slightly disappointed its a remake and not a Remastered Trilogy with a Dead Space 4, but hey I'll take more Dead Space either way, any chance its this year though?

Bartski

Gold Member
EA guys claim no mtx.

I know it's EA playing the good guy, but maybe there is still hope not everything they do from now on will be shit:

EA Chief Studios Officer Laura Miele explained to IGN about how the company is currently aiming to offer as wide a swath of experiences as possible, and that means choosing different business models for the right games.
“We want to make games that deliver the experiences our players are looking for. Sometimes that is a single-player story-focused experience, where players can immerse themselves in another world,” Miele said. “Other players want us to show up every day with new content and events in our live services like Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, The Sims, Apex, and FIFA to name a few. We want players to choose an EA game or experience, and that means we need to make the type of games they want to play. Focusing on just one genre or model limits the number of players we can reach. We want to meet the players where they play and commit ourselves to impressing our fans with games that continue to surprise or delight them.”

In other words, they're all in on GaaS and making billions on "surprise mechanics" in FIFA, but they will also make some games like this 'cause maybe that's just good PR? Hopefully, as result, everybody wins.

catvonpee

Being a horror freak it's always exciting to see dismemberment listed as a feature. I'm glad this is next-gen only. I was one of the ones who thoroughly enjoyed Star Wars Squadrons, so I am optimistic.

Numenorean

Im so excited about this. I loved the 1 and 2 on the PS3 back in the day. I can only dream about the capabilities using the Tempest audio engine. This game is all about sounds

carlosrox

Banned
So what we can gather from this is:
  • They're rebuilding assets, textures, adding new sounds, animations, etc
  • Taking inspiration from some elements present in the sequels, like the zero G movement in DS2 for example
  • Next gen capabilities enabled them to have ray traced reflections, volumetric effects and fluid simulations
  • 3D audio to understand where the sound comes from and have the right propagation
  • They really want to expand in immersion for example, taking advantage of 3D audio to make whispers feel close to you
  • They don't want to interrupt the experience, and just like in the original game, everything will be told from Isaac's perspective with no cuts, you can play from start to finish seamlessly
  • Dismemberment will "evolve" a little bit
  • They've been talking to some community members to have some feedback on what to do and don't

Sounds fantastic.

EA, you don't need to talk to anybody else but me. Get at me. We're best friends again!

I'll tell you everything you need to do.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I LOVE Dead Space 1&2 its one of the very few EA games I really enjoyed and I want to be excited for this but it hard with current EA.

But I'm optimistic.

Top Bottom