• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space is No.1, but launch sales lower than The Callisto Protocol | UK Boxed Charts

reksveks

#4 without digital, given what digital is here in the UK. Not a behemoth but definitely picking up some actual sales.
Forspoken debuting behind Ragnarok is…something.
This will be out of the top 10 next week

Was going to add that #1 was like 10-14k I forget which.

We can calculate that GoW:R last week was about 7k so you can assume the Forspoken cap is that. I suspect it is in the 5-6k range.

It will be interesting to see what the digital+physical charts look like.

anthony2690

Banned
Hopefully both Callisto Protocol & Dead Space do well in the long run, I think Callisto Protocol could improve the IP in the future addressing people's complaints.
& It would be cool to see dead space return :)

I've played neither, will probably grab both in the future when they are cheaper though :)

Maybe during the summer, if there is the usual game drought then. (Even though this year, I actually think there won't be one) XD

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
Guess callisto is the better game
Sipping Tea Time GIF

GymWolf

In GAFS opinion .. but if that’s the case , gamers have spoken with their wallets
People were just excited for a new survival horror from the creator of ds and it happened to be released before ds and now people are worried\burned out.

Also callisto was on both old and new gen, ds remake is only on nextgen and pc, something to consider aswell.

I hope people are excited that Silent Hill is coming back as a horror franchise with different takes from different developers.

I'll be real with you. Most British folks aren't gonna buy the same game they played back in 2000 something for £50+ when cost of living is so high plus the fact Callisto was so poorly reviewed and the fact EA got a bad name in the industry now days. Realistically what are you expecting?

winjer

Gold Member
This might be true for physical sales, but not so much for digital.
For example, on Steam The Callisto Protocol had a peak of concurrent users of 17,580. Dead Space almost doubled that with 30,925 players.
And considering Dead Space was very well received by reviewers and gamers, it's bound to continue to sell pretty well. While The Callisto protocol sale fell off once people realized it was a turd.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
It will.
Most physical sales aren't higher than 20k copies. While it's easy to buy digital.

You also have Xbox users who will buy digital, compared to the physical.

The only issue however is this is a remake. don't know how much copies remakes sell.
Are physical sales not a reasonably representative statistical sample of gamers? I mean sure it is biased but it has to tell you something about the broader market when 1 title does significantly worse than another. In this case, I would expect that it means the game sold significantly worse digitally.

Top Bottom