• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space, Gotham Knights, Midnight Suns, Hogwarts Legacy, Skull & Bones & The Callisto Protocol will cost $60 (PC) and $70 (PS5/XBox Series)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I just totalled up how much I'll be spending on those games.

EDIT: Missed that Calisto Protocol was on there. I'll probably buy that. Somewhat undermines my point. I'll wait until I can get it half price.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Headache? Unless you’re absolutely broken, it couldn’t be easier to play games on PC. I’ll just assume you’re absolutely broken.

On topic, I’m not really interested in any of those except maybe Harry Potter.
i have a gaming PC with 2070s, not a high end one of course but still able to play alot of recent games with good FPS.

I still stick with console.

Nothing to do with broken, PC gaming is just expensive, it will be getting worse in the future.

Last edited:

chromhound

let's see how much i'm going to spend...
No Money Bangladeshi GIF by GifGari

Nankatsu

The best deal is getting these games for free in 2 years time on the best service that exists.

Last edited:

BoxFresh123

I'm ashamed to say they could bleed me dry for Hogwarts. I've been waiting on it since that first footage leaked way back.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
PC gaming remains winning

Real winners are the peeps who game at 1080p on a PC. Insane value all things considered.

Headache? Unless you’re absolutely broken, it couldn’t be easier to play games on PC. I’ll just assume you’re absolutely broken.

You have to be dumb to not go PC this gen. Win on absolutely all fronts.
Yeah, not to say you are wrong boys/girls/people, but purely from a math perspective:

Difference in buying Day 1 console vs. PC: 10$ / 10€ (assuming you buy at MSRP + physical console version you can resell, all the PC games are 100% digital storefront locked, so no resell)
Cost of a PS5: 550
Cost of good gaming desktop PC (let's be conservative): 1000 (probably higher)

Difference: 450 = break-even at 45 games bought Day 1

Yes, I don't add all the PS+, GPU, etc. but for many people it is not as clear cut as you think it is + streamlined experience on consoles.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Any particular reasons for this? As far as im aware steam takes a 20-30% cut just like consoles.

So whats the justification? Im guessing none.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Any particular reasons for this? As far as im aware steam takes a 20-30% cut just like consoles.

So whats the justification? Im guessing none.
That $10 licensing fee?

The price for doing this can be $3 to $10 dollars per manufactured unit, though there is often some negotiation to be had with manufacturers such as Sony, third-party publishers may pay the highest price.

MiguelItUp

PC gaming has always been a bit cheaper, it's honestly one of the reasons I flocked towards it the most in my early 20's. I had consoles, but if games were multiplat, I'd grab them on PC to allow my then minimum wage to go further, lol.

I wanna grab a few of these, but I'm still holding out until the price is right.

Yeah, not to say you are wrong boys/girls/people, but purely from a math perspective:

Difference in buying Day 1 console vs. PC: 10$ / 10€ (assuming you buy at MSRP + physical console version you can resell, all the PC games are 100% digital storefront locked, so no resell)

Yes, I don't add all the PS+, GPU, etc. but for many people it is not as clear cut as you think it is + streamlined experience on consoles.
Thanks for enlightening us unwashed masses, oh wise gamer mathematician. Have you ever considered the possibility of there being a million different ways of crunching the numbers, many of which still come out in favor of going the PC route?

I mean by not counting PS+ you are already missing some big future Sony games like the next Naughty Dog's one, so you will not be able to get the full PS5 experience.

But more important than that, the catalogue difference between PS5 (or any other console) and a PC is... huge

Last edited:
Top Bottom