• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Scarlet announced for PS4 & Switch

kunonabi

I'll stick with the old ps4 version. Framerate and fps on switch are oof.

Sony can go straight to hell by the way. It looks like all japanese developers are screwed for sure now.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I'll stick with the old ps4 version. Framerate and fps on switch are oof.

Sony can go straight to hell by the way. It looks like all japanese developers are screwed for sure now.

Yeah I’d say that the notion that only small indie developers with niche games will be the only affected has gone out the window with that news.

Doczu

So another Xtreme game that will never be officially released in the U.S due to sjw fascists, right?
Oh, how i would love this game to release on the Switch in the west. Just for the meltdowns and memes

Oh, and quoting myself from tue original censoring thread:
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Visual Novels for their PS4, nor will they purchase any of Sony games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel censoring our anime fan-service or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Jet Black Fan, Gold Fan, and Softening Gel have been censored from the PS4 version.

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/dead-or...l-website-opened-version-differences-detailed

Fuck off Sony.
Was about to create a thread for that, it's beyond stupid.
PlayStation sells well for this generation and carries the company, suddenly they need to protect it (the children?) with their lives.
Fuck them and their bullshit, if only freakin Microsoft had the games (exclusives like PS does) I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
A Twitter guy named "Voice of Fanservice" has said that some costumes are going to be removed from the PS4 version as well.

Javthusiast

Banned
What is the point of removing those couple things, when the game is still about full on fanservice anyway? People who don't play it will never notice the changes and still complain abou the existence of the game and the already very small minority of people who have the game or wanna get it will be punished in the end.

The game is already rated mature and is not available in the west anyway ffs.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

What is the point of removing those couple things, when the game is still about full on fanservice anyway? People who don't play it will never notice the changes and still complain abou the existence of the game and the already very small minority of people who have the game or wanna get it will be punished in the end.

To save gamers from impure thoughts. >.>

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Thanks Sony for saving us from boobs. Now we can go play their game where we hack dudes up with an axe and rip off heads.

Trying to put logic and common sense into Sony's new Sony Justice policy is like trying to eat ice cream too fast, it will leave you with nothing but a headache and regret.

Dunki

Trying to put logic and common sense into Sony's new Sony Justice policy is like trying to eat ice cream too fast, it will leave you with nothing but a headache and regret.
That is the biggest problem for me. There is no sense at all behind it and for Developers and Publishers this is now like a gamble they have to take to release it on PS4. If Developer know clear rules they can decide for themselves if they want to release it or not.

Javthusiast

Banned
Team Ninja pls just put out Scarlet uncensored on pc, instead of the gimped pc version that is out now. Don't know why they released a different version for pc in the first place.

I'm glad Koei Tecmo seems as though they're being fairly upfront about the differences, baring the possible issue surrounding costumes. Having to choose between better tech fidelity and removed content is annoying, but since I'm now only willing to purchase games on Sony's platforms when absolutely necessary (and even then...), I'll keep my eye on the Switch version. Hopefully we get word of either a Western release or language options in the JP game.

Paracelsus

At this point we have to hope, like pray, that they do censor Catherine, so that the outrage hits mainstream level and they either back off or get exposed . Whatever the case, the day they get the f out the console business is going to be a good one.

Aranea

This topic got closed on Era because of "sexualilzation of underage girls" even though everyone is at least 18 years old on this game. Anyway i never bought the first title as this type of game is not my thing. However removing certain features and pissing off the consumers is a weird decision that Sony has been doing lately. Japanese developers will slowly start moving to the Switch and Steam... and if they somehow develop a PS4 version you can expect to see those spreadsheets were it details the stuff being removed on the PS4 version. Kudos to KT for being clear on this and noting the differences between the Nintendo Switch and PS4 version.

Shin

Banned
This topic got closed on Era because of "sexualilzation of underage girls" even though everyone is at least 18 years old on this game.
That's because it's ran by dumbass metoo tryhards that empowered idiots who can't moderate for jack shit.
OT: TK should release this on Xbox as well and hopefully they at least don't start this nonsense Sony is pulling.

Last edited:
This topic got closed on Era because of "sexualilzation of underage girls" even though everyone is at least 18 years old on this game. Anyway i never bought the first title as this type of game is not my thing. However removing certain features and pissing off the consumers is a weird decision that Sony has been doing lately. Japanese developers will slowly start moving to the Switch and Steam... and if they somehow develop a PS4 version you can expect to see those spreadsheets were it details the stuff being removed on the PS4 version. Kudos to KT for being clear on this and noting the differences between the Nintendo Switch and PS4 version.
It's stupid because the discussion was about the game in general but the people against it kept making it about Marie Rose even though the mayority of people in the thread didn't talk about her and just about censorship in general...

JordanN

Banned

The fact that they're going after M-rated games shows Sony has an agenda. These games already went through the rating boards process but Sony is now applying more standards on top of it.

My guess is whatever rainbow hair-colored tumblrina SJW caught wind of these games and blew a gasket for daring to make video game characters look pretty.

7ER05Rn.png

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Thanks Sony for saving us from boobs. Now we can go play their game where we hack dudes up with an axe and rip off heads.
And see ugly girls kiss each other for 10 minutes. It's ok though because they aren't in bikinis and aren't attractive.

Ultimadrago

Yeah I don't see much of a point in getting this anyways seeing that I already played plenty of the original on PS4.
I also already have access to Venus Vacation which is DoAX with all the rewards and a billionth of the grinding you have to do in DoAX3 for good swimsuits. Sooooo....

You don't get the full package on Switch either. Switch has no VR Support and it's apparently lacking Soft Engine 2.0.

I've said it in another thread, best bet for PS4 owners right now is to grab DOAX3 Fortune and hope that Team Ninja isn't forced to remove anything via patch when they add the new characters.
This is assuming that they'll patch the disc version of Fortune... they might turn it into a legacy edition, though, and focus on the F2P version of Fortune, because that one is most likely going to get upgraded to Scarlet.

otakugamer

Neo Member
You don't get the full package on Switch either. Switch has no VR Support and it's apparently lacking Soft Engine 2.0.

I've said it in another thread, best bet for PS4 owners right now is to grab DOAX3 Fortune and hope that Team Ninja isn't forced to remove anything via patch when they add the new characters.
This is assuming that they'll patch the disc version of Fortune... they might turn it into a legacy edition, though, and focus on the F2P version of Fortune, because that one is most likely going to get upgraded to Scarlet.

maybe , but switch version have some feature like (soft-4D ) engine which will give a unique experience by using

joy-con feature in switch , anyway i already have fortune edition on my ps4 and planing to buy switch version

It's just so utterly incredible to think SJWs are going to get bent out of shape over girls in bikinis.

What a world.

2mzhgt.jpg

Nuff said.

What a fucking loser.

It never fails to amuse me how a nation that should be renamed to Super Sodom and Gomorrah Alpha Hyper Turbo Edition II , makes such a fuss over anime tits n ass. And not even nude ones at that.

Nothing about the way modern culture operates makes any logical sense and that's honestly pretty frightening when you think about it.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather have a real DoA fighter on the Switch instead since I enjoyed the 3DS one a lot.

Did anyone figure out if the release of this is going to screw up the original game and censor/remove function from it as this is DLC for that as well?

The Switch version is going to wind up getting the most sales. The game being uncensored is what the majority of people care about (& rightfully so).

No one in their right mind is going to be paying $60 with tax on a censored version.

Last edited:
The Switch version is going to wind up getting the most sales.

No one will care about the Switch version not being in Native 1080p or having 30 FPS; The game being uncensored is what the majority of people cares about.
All I care about is that my existing copy for PS4 is not ninja updated and censored after the fact, I may have to back it up.

Shin

Banned
The Switch version is going to wind up getting the most sales.

No one will care about the Switch version not being in Native 1080p or having 30 FPS; The game being uncensored is what the majority of people cares about.
I don't know man, I saw some VR stuff for the previous version yesterday made me think no other version will ever be good enough.
All while accidentally stumbling upon it of course, darn YouTube :messenger_sunglasses:

All I care about is that my existing copy for PS4 is not ninja updated and censored after the fact, I may have to back it up.

You should definitely do so just in case, because not even your existing copy of DOA: Fortune will be safe from Sony.

They'll either censor the game themselves or force Koei Tecmo to censor it through a update patch.

Last edited:
You should definitely do so just in case, because not even your existing copy of the previous version of the game will be safe from Sony.

They'll either censor the game themselves or force Tecmo-Koei to censor it through a update.
That's exactly what I was thinking so the only protection would be to back it up, which is ridiculous.

kunonabi

HELL YES, they added my girl lei-fang, the real one not that doa6 shit.

Just have to hope they dont do censorship patch now.

Still sucks that Tina isnt in.

Top Bottom