• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead By Daylight 2 "Not in the Plans" according to developers

Draugoth

Gold Member
dead-by-daylight-mobile-capa.jpg

For those waiting on Dead by Daylight 2 before jumping into the asymmetrical multiplayer game, you’re going to be waiting for a while, as it doesn’t seem like Behaviour Interactive has any plans to release a Dead by Daylight sequel anytime soon.

This was divulged to us by the devs themselves. Speaking to MP1st in an interview regarding the Alien crossover, Mathieu Côté, Head of Partnerships for Behaviour Interactive states that they see “no reason” for Dead by Daylight 2 for now.

MP1st: Given we’re still seeing massive support for the game, has Behaviour ever considered making Dead by Daylight 2? Or is it not necessary given the game’s live-service nature?

Côté:
We want to focus on our core game and continue to expand. Dead by Daylight is not going anywhere, there’s still so many stories to tell and so there’s no reason for us to start a new one.

chlorate

Behavior Interactive can’t make DBD 2, because they don’t actually know how to make a good game and stumbled on the DBD formula purely by accident. There’s no content that needs a sequel rather than a DLC update. What DBD needs is features like the ability to reconnect to games you lose connection to and tournament support options like the ability to pick the map in customs.

They tried to make Deathgarden- DBD in space, or the StarCraft to DBD’s Warcraft- and the game sucked.

Last edited:

drotahorror

There’s no content that needs a sequel rather than a DLC update. What DBD needs is features like the ability to reconnect to games you lose connection to and tournament support options like the ability to pick the map in customs.

Yea there really is no point in a part 2 unless the game is massively revamped.

Also you can pick any map you want in custom games, have been able to since forever.

This is my most played game of all time but I’ve played maybe an hour since TCM came out. Longest break I have taken since RE Resistance came out. Maybe I’m done for good.

They need to do a sequel so they can modernize the engine and open up more possibilities. They’ve been saying for years that they are limited by the code. But then what happens to all the content they already have? Who knows.

Top Bottom