• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Digital Service To Launch With ‘Titans’ Series and Young Justice Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
MUH DIIIIIIICK

We've gone from no live-action Dick Grayson, to two live-action Dick Graysons.
giphy.gif

weshes195

Cipher has terrible laughably contrarian opinions on everything.

I now feel like an idiot. I just noticed he is the poster I quoted from the movie cringe thread lol

Anyways, I am pretty upset about this regarding YJ if you have to pay for subscription. I know with ownership they have every right to do this, but why????? I don't have the money for the subscription.

At least I have family for Netflix...they could have worked out a deal. So either it is wait years for DVD or watch illegally. So stupid.

GeeTeeCee

Like all of these fledgling digital services, there's zero chance this service appears outside of the US, so I'll wait for Netflix UK/Amazon Prime to scoop up the shows.

weshes195

"we want Season 3 of YJ! We'll do anything!

.... Except pay for it. 😏"

Because there are clearly nothing people pay for.

Except you know, cable and other more popular streaming services that literally have thousands other options.

I mean, good luck to DC, I want this to succeed. But I'm gonna be pissed if people act surprised if it doesn't get a lot of viewers (though I hope it does!).

Chairhome

If it was on cable or Netflix, most people here would already be happily paying for it.

Putting it on a brand new streaming service is a new cost for consumers.

Because there are clearly nothing people pay for.

Except you know, cable and other more popular streaming services that literally have thousands other options.

I mean, good luck to DC, I want this to succeed. But I'm gonna be pissed if people act surprised if it doesn't get a lot of viewers (though I hope it does!).
That's my point. You want to not pay anything on top of what you are already paying for. If this came out on Cartoon Network, cord cutters like myself would be mad cause you can't do a la carte CN (last time I checked, could be wrong now).
Maybe they tried to do a deal with Netflix and couldn't, or they wanted to do a TV show but didn't have a budget for it. It just feels like people want something for nothing.
And in the end, some people will pirate it anyways.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I now feel like an idiot. I just noticed he is the poster I quoted from the movie cringe thread lol

Anyways, I am pretty upset about this regarding YJ if you have to pay for subscription. I know with ownership they have every right to do this, but why????? I don't have the money for the subscription.

At least I have family for Netflix...they could have worked out a deal. So either it is wait years for DVD or watch illegally. So stupid.

You don't have less than $10 a month to pay for a subscription? Just buy one less game a month and you can pay for five months worth.

Penguin

Wonder if there's any chance of spinning out The Flash's Wally to co-star?

Also just a general idea of what DC could possibly offer (I know older TV rights are a pain)
Adventures of Superman
Batman
Shazam!
Wonder Woman
Superboy
The Flash
Swamp Thing
Human Target
Lois and Clark
Birds of Prey
Smallville
Human Target (again)
Constantine

For animated series
Well a ton of crap not gonna list out

Something like 50 animated movies

And hopefully the return of DC Nation Shorts or some of those being converted into actual series

Penguin

Wonder if there's any chance of spinning out The Flash's Wally to co-star?

Also just a general idea of what DC could possibly offer (I know older TV rights are a pain)
Adventures of Superman
Batman
Shazam!
Wonder Woman
Superboy
The Flash
Swamp Thing
Human Target
Lois and Clark
Birds of Prey
Smallville
Human Target (again)
Constantine

For animated series
Well a ton of crap not gonna list out

Something like 50 animated movies

And hopefully the return of DC Nation Shorts or some of those being converted into actual series

So paper napkin math
13 series live-action shows not including the currently airing stuff

about 30 ish animated series not including the currently airing stuff

and about 50 ish animated movies.

It's a decent start, but gonna need to announce more than these 2 shows

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So paper napkin math

Probably the exclusive home to the last 3 episodes of Powerless.

DeathyBoy

Banned
So paper napkin math

I wouldn't be surprised if Johns isn't trying to come up with a way to have a subscription service DC universe ala the Arrowverse.

weshes195

You don't have less than $10 a month to pay for a subscription? Just buy one less game a month and you can pay for five months worth.

Considering I'm quite a few grands in debt I'm gonna have to say no. And on top o that I still have to pay my bills. Gotta save the green and use my family's subscriptions to watch my tv.

So paper napkin math

It's not bad but the main factor for me is really the comic-book side and I'm bracing myself for disappointment. I hope they'll surprise me.

Somewhere in between My Mad Fat Diary and Degrassi, before the Netflix years.

This is the kind of Nightwing butt that we deserve:
4e1b5387afe62ca9b2f085de579c01c2.jpg

I will accept nothing less.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah. Because I want to pay for it. On Netflix. Or another major service that's already offered. This isn't hard.
Just pay for the month watch young justice and then cancel? Plus there will probably be free trials and stuff like that.

Fans: we demand a season 3

People who made the show: sure

Fans: I don't wanna watch it on that though

Xe4

Banned
Yeah. Because I want to pay for it. On Netflix. Or another major service that's already offered. This isn't hard.

Just don't complain if season 4 doesn't happen then.

It'll probably be $20-30 on Amazon. You seriously can't drop that for this show?

Kevin

If done well, a DC digital network could be awesome. I do wonder how this will effect the CW shows though. We all kind of thought the CW would turn into the DC network. lol

I'll pay for it if I'm already incidentally paying for it
More like I'll pay for it if it's on an existing platform thats already established and reliable.

Who wants to pay an extra $10 a month for service that will only have two planned originals and other stuff you can already watch on the CW?

Just don't complain if season 4 doesn't happen then.

It'll probably be $20-30 on Amazon. You seriously can't drop that for this show?

I'll cop a blu ray if they release one (admittedly, after I've already watched the season via illegal means, but still). I don't have a problem supporting the show. I'm not supporting another streaming service.

If DC wants to try this move and then blame the cancellation of the show on fans not wanting to subscribe to their own digital service this time, they can be my guests.

They asked us to show we wanted the show back, and we did…on Netflix.

TheFlow

Banned
Reliable in terms of content. They are making a whole new paid service with only two planned originals. All the other streaming services have many times more originals.
Shocker. New streaming service doesn't offer as much as Netflix. This streaming service offers comics as well

LordRaptor

I read the title and was expecting the long overdue DC equivalent of Marvel Unlimited.

Words cannot express my disapointment that its seemingly just a US only netflix for stuff that couldn't make it to the CW?

I can see myself signing up for a month or so to watch YJ Season 3 and Teen Titans, then canceling the service afterwards- depending on how they release the episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom