• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Digital Service To Launch With ‘Titans’ Series and Young Justice Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

http://deadline.com/2017/04/dc-digital-service-titans-young-justice-outsiders-1202076831/

Warner Bros is making a big move in digital with one of its flagship brands. Warner Bros and DC Entertainment are behind a new, DC-branded service that will debut in 2018 with two high-profile comic book-themed original TV series: the live-action Titans, from the king of the CW DC universe Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV, and the anticipated revival of cult animated series Young Justice, from Warner Bros Animation. It will be titled Young Justice: Outsiders.

Young Justice Outsiders
In Young Justice: Outsiders, the teenage superheroes of the DC Universe come of age in an animated world of superpowers, super villains and super secrets. In the new season, the team faces its greatest challenge as it takes on meta-human trafficking and the terrifying threat it creates for a society caught in the crossfire of a genetic arms race spanning the globe and the galaxy.

C-RXUqKXoAENoyJ.jpg

Xe4

Banned
Hmm. I wonder if this is what Young Justice Season 3 will be running on, or whether it'll show on a major network too. Either way, normally I wouldn't pay for a streaming service for just one show, but it is Young Justice.

Shit...

shoreu

I don't know how i feel about this I'm not going to want to pay for another service just to watch YJ. They should have put it on Netflix

Sheppard

So it seems

Though surprised it doesn't have a comics component in the announcement

Oh that is a good idea.

Also another idea, they should have some vertigo shows on this service.

A perfect place for Matt Ryan and his HellBlazer.

Hmm, looks like there's going to be some comics stuff:

The DC-branded platform is expected to offer more than a traditional OTT service; it is designed as an immersive experience with fan interaction and will encompass comics as well as TV series.

Mike M

Nick N
Fuck, somehow I had it in my head YJS3 was going to be a Netflix exclusive. I'm not paying for a separate WB streaming service :mad:

Wonder who will be on the team for Young Justice. This will be another time skip, right?

Also, for this Titans series will this have characters from both Teen Titans and Titans comic, or only from Titans?

Xe4

Banned
I've never been a fan of mainline DC comics, but if it has Vertigo stuff, I'm down as fuck. There are so many Vertigo comics I've been wanting to read for a while now.

TheFlow

Banned
I've never been a fan of mainline DC comics, but if it has Vertigo stuff, I'm down as fuck. There are so many Vertigo comics I've been wanting to read for a while now.

I would be surprised if they include vertigo. at least at the beginning. I am expecting early era DC stuff, not even modern stuff. based off that promo pic.

shoreu

from the same people who worked on Flash season 1 !

we getting Beast boy, raven,and starfire in live action. Dick Grayson as leader. the dream team.

I want these titans or it's a bust tbh

Code:
[IMG]http://jakes-take.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/TNSREB_1_06_07_600.jpg[/IMG]

Lifeline

Wait what? What's the budget for these going to be, Vixen level?

Edit: Wait, comics are included too. It's like MU bundled with Netflix lite.

Penguin

I was about to ask if they had enough content to fill this thing but it includes comics? Shieeeeettttt

I mean they have years of animated movies
Decades of animated and live-action shows

Like several diff departments churning out stuff

And even then I think that's like a month of content

But if they have a Marvel unlimited type comic service, go for it

Especially since DC eras break up so easily. Could have all their comics up to the start of new 52

And hold that stuff for a few years to not hurt retailers

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Well I guess I'm not watching the new Young Justice then.

I am not paying for a million different video streaming services a month. Sorry, Warner Brothers. Not happening.

from the king CW DC universe Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV

That is one long as name, even for a king lol.

But anyway, man...I dunno, another streaming service? I feel like I'm already subbed to too many as is. But this is the future, I reckon.

TheFlow

Banned
I want these titans or it's a bust tbh

Code:
[IMG]http://jakes-take.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/TNSREB_1_06_07_600.jpg[/IMG]

Well I guess we busting. old school titans are cool, but I think of them as X-men before Xavier decided to call in Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Storm, Colossus, and ect..

aka that was teen titans vanilla.

Akiva Goldsman! A name DC fans know and respect!

But seriously, if this encompasses comics and becomes their Unlimited, best comic-book news of the year for me. If not...Eh. Still haven't finished Young Justice season 2.

If DC is launching an exclusive platform does that all the CW cape shows are gonna be taken off Netflix? 🤔
I'm pretty sure WB have a contract with them.

An-Det

Assuming the comic side of it is decent, then I'm in. Marvel Unlimited is fucking awesome and I've wanted a DC version for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom