• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Digital Service To Launch With ‘Titans’ Series and Young Justice Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

If DC is launching an exclusive platform does that all the CW cape shows are gonna be taken off Netflix? 🤔
I'm pretty sure WB have a contract with them.

It's possible, but TV rights are a pain... seems like CW has a contract with Netflix and not Warner directly

So not sure how they can break that

Also the Titans team seems to be old-school. It has Nightwing, Raven and Starfire for sure

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/0...oming-dc-branded-digital-service?sf73185681=1

“Titans” follows a group of young soon-to-be Super Heroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In this action-packed series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire, Raven and many others. “Titans” is a dramatic, live-action adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book teams ever.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Well I guess I'm not watching the new Young Justice then.

I am not paying for a million different video streaming services a month. Sorry, Warner Brothers. Not happening.

Your loss.

This shit will save me exponential money on the amount of comics I buy a month. Hell, it'll cost less a month than I spend per week on comics.

That's a long time to wait. I care more about the comics part, honestly, but I guess they have to hold that up until the shows are ready.

If DC is launching an exclusive platform does that all the CW cape shows are gonna be taken off Netflix? ��
I'm pretty sure WB have a contract with them.

I'd guess they'll stay there, but the new service will have them up right away. After all, Netflix is getting stuff after the season is finished. The new service could be adding the CW shows the day they aired/the day after.

Also the Titans team seems to be old-school. It has Nightwing, Raven and Starfire for sure

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/0...oming-dc-branded-digital-service?sf73185681=1

No surprise there. New Teen Titans is the obvious place to lean on for any show based on the Titans.

Ugh at Young Justice Season 3 still being a thing, but I'm interested in Titans! Hope it goes the Supergirl route and is integrated into the Arrowverse c:

I wonder how the comics stuff is gonna work tho :eek:

Effect

Say goodbye to the WB shows on Netflix.

Pretty much. I expect everything TV related is likely being put under this at some point save for the shows on Fox. Those might appear on both this service and however Fox shows those shows digitally. I think Fox has a lock on the Batman IP as far as live action TV goes so they still might get to do what they want.

Question is do the movies get pulled as well and put on this service. I would expect they would. The loss of the Batman films could sting Netflix.

This also opens up for all the older shows to be seen again as well. Batman: The Animated Series, Smallville, Adam West Batman, Adventures of Superman, etc.

It's possible, but TV rights are a pain... seems like CW has a contract with Netflix and not Warner directly

So not sure how they can break that

I imagine contracts wouldn't be renewed and if they last longer then 2018 shows might appear on both or new seasons might only appear on Netflix, etc while the older stuff is on this service. Or simply both but I doubt that would be a long term deal. Centralizing everything has to be the goal to increase it's value and to expose those that watch the shows to everything else DC if comics are involved.

One that encompasses all DC media? Not really.

I have a hard time believing it's gonna be successful. Depends on the price. That shit is gonna be key.

As it is, I pretty much encompass their target audience, and I'm already convincing myself not to feel bad for just watching YJ on kisscartoon. If you ain't Netflix, HBO, Hulu, or PS Vue, I'm not paying for you. The market is oversaturated with these services as is.

Why are people thinking this is going to be a comics service too? I see nothing about that in the OP.

Seemed like Deadline said something about it not just encompassing shows but comics too and got some excited while DC's own link wasn't working.

Now seeing the actual info I don't think it will involve much comics other than some animations or something.

Ross61

I have a hard time believing it's gonna be successful. Depends on the price. That shit is gonna be key.

As it is, I pretty much encompass their target audience, and I'm already convincing myself not to feel bad for just watching YJ on kisscartoon. If you ain't Netflix, HBO, Hulu, or PS Vue, I'm not paying for you. The market is oversaturated with these services as is.
That's good for you. You don't represent the majority.

I don't know why everyone thinks this won't include comics. This is the same service that was leaked a month ago that was rumored to have both comic and shows.

Netflix...
iOFMvwQ.gif%20alt=

I thought Young Justice season 3 was a Netflix original? Doesn't the DC Digital Service eat into the appeal of that, thereby taking thunder away from Netflix for how they helped make this happen?

JSevere

will try it out for one month just for Young Justice S3. if DC really wants this to be successful though they should put up their comics library and all the DCAU shows + DTV movies

jph139

Unless they can really get content out there, I sort of don't see this working.

Like, the CW shows and Young Justice adds up to... like a dozen seasons of TV? Which the target audience has already seen 90%. Putting the old DCAU stuff and other semi-recent cartoons would help, but I can't see it being too successful as an ongoing service. I'd try it, but only as a month here or there.

But I guess I'll need to see more details to get an idea of their overall plan here. It has to be more than just a SUPER narrow Netflix. Free comics would help.

Netflix was never confirmed to be the distributor of the third season.

Oh, I didn't know that. For some reason I thought Season 3 was a Netflix Original. I think I got that idea because someone said something like "if fans want it back, watching it on Netflix right now is the best way to send that message" or something like that

will try it out for one month just for Young Justice S3. if DC really wants this to be successful though they should put up their comics library and all the DCAU shows + DTV movies
Doubt it. Comics will be it's own separate service because that's a bad idea and WB loves bad ideas.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Is that your speculation or what is actually happening? Don't get my hopes up like this.

We live in an age where Grodd shows up as a recurring character IN LIVE ACTION on The Flash and is portrayed as pretty much evil incarnate... and people still doubt DC TV is awesome.

Sou Da

"Hey thanks for showing interest for Young Justice by watching on Netflix, now buy another streaming service to watch the new season"

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Ugh at Young Justice Season 3 still being a thing, but I'm interested in Titans! Hope it goes the Supergirl route and is integrated into the Arrowverse c:

I wonder how the comics stuff is gonna work tho :eek:

wait why is this bad already?

i'm still only on S1, so don't spoil anything

And everyone will just wait until YJ hits netflix and the show will get cancelled

Will have to be super cheap and have a good backlog to have any chance

aly

Nope. Sorry YJ but I don't want to pay for another service. Also Dick better get some screen time this season.

I want these titans or it's a bust tbh

Code:
[IMG]http://jakes-take.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/TNSREB_1_06_07_600.jpg[/IMG]

Eh. I'd rather have the team the New Ten Titans lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom