• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Comics is About to Give Us a Black Batman

EvU6BMs.jpg

manfestival

My only question is the same question that I saw posted on the site. Why only black? There are so many races out there that don't even get a fraction of the attention in comics or get some not nearly interesting enough character to represent an entire race. I think it would be cool to see some native american, middle eastern, or even Indian(such a huge populace that seems to get ignored too) character take up the mantle. I am Latino and you get some WACK latino representation(Jessica Cruz, which most of yall probably dont know even exists in the Lantern corps) in comics. Blue Beetle is the only one I like and respect because they actually care about him and how he is written. Marvel... is well suffering on that front.

Also they could always create such character and give them more attention rather than just having them exist to meet quota. Kinda like how they did with Steel essentially becoming superman(steel is basically black superman). Tokenism isn't something that should be praised. I could post a video that rants about it far better than I could on here.

I am pretty indifferent about this since I don't really read anything DC aside from Green Lantern stuff and Injustice. I don't care for Batman or Superman. If they can turn this into something super cool then I would be about it. Just my 2 cents.

GymWolf

If the batman is idris elba i'm ok with that.

But it will probably be the pussy screaming nerd from jurassic world 2, you know inclusion and all that stuff...

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
My only question is the same question that I saw posted on the site. Why only black? There are so many races out there that don't even get a fraction of the attention in comics or get some not nearly interesting enough character to represent an entire race. I think it would be cool to see some native american, middle eastern, or even Indian(such a huge populace that seems to get ignored too) character take up the mantle. I am Latino and you get some WACK latino representation(Jessica Cruz, which most of yall probably dont know even exists in the Lantern corps) in comics. Blue Beetle is the only one I like and respect because they actually care about him and how he is written. Marvel... is well suffering on that front.

Also they could always create such character and give them more attention rather than just having them exist to meet quota. Kinda like how they did with Steel essentially becoming superman(steel is basically black superman). Tokenism isn't something that should be praised. I could post a video that rants about it far better than I could on here.

I am pretty indifferent about this since I don't really read anything DC aside from Green Lantern stuff and Injustice. I don't care for Batman or Superman. If they can turn this into something super cool then I would be about it. Just my 2 cents.

Jessica Cruz is actually pretty well written as a character. She was also featured in Justice League vs The Fatal 5.

Also, Steel isn't black Superman and isn't a token character. I'll get back to this later.

But I agree with the rest.

petran79

Banned
C'mon, everyone knows white people are crazier than black people. Not that I wish to be gatekeeping that.

I don't know, the black cast in this movie was even more horrifying than the white cast. Funny thing is same actors played also their good selves

Us-imdb.png

Movie Candyman too. Black actors are so underrated in horror or as villain characters overall

Arimer

Ok that's fine. As long as he's not a black Bruce Wayne then cool. Hell we've had alfred, Gordon, Drake, Valley, etc as BAtman. Why not a black guy.

Here for the social justice lulz, I don't read comics, not that there's anything wrong with them.

Black fucking Batman. LOL. Whatever next.

COLOUR OF SKIN IS NOT IMPORTANT

Nymphae

Banned
Hell we've had alfred, Gordon, Drake, Valley, etc as BAtman. Why not a black guy.

Why not indeed? Perhaps one day though we can break out of this stifling black/white mentality we have, and truly diversify the dark knight. Where are the Hispanic, Asian, Eskimo, Martian, trans, plus sized, two-spirit, and Canine Batmen? We're doing the character and the world a disservice by continuing this legacy of marginalization by only showing things in black and white.

manfestival

Jessica Cruz is actually pretty well written as a character. She was also featured in Justice League vs The Fatal 5.

Also, Steel isn't black Superman and isn't a token character. I'll get back to this later.

But I agree with the rest.
I was not saying he was black superman or token. I was actually saying the exact opposite. Hence why he is a good character to use. However, I can understand any confusion since I wrote my post with no double checking since I am at work.
I do not like Jessica Cruz but that is entirely subjective. Fortunately, it feels like all Green Lantern characters are well written(hence why I only really read it and that Geoff Johns is a beast).

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
So stupid. Why not create a new character? As far as being progressive this isn’t it. It’s a marketing gimmick.

After the hype and fuss have died down Batman will be white again and the POC version will be forgotten. Had they created a new POC hero they would at least be able to exist.

Only way Marvel gets away with it with Spider-Man is because there’s already been a long established lineage of clones and alternate spider men in multiverses. DC stop trying to be Marvel. Do your own thing FFS.

Yeah, the female Thor, the female Spiderman, the black female Iron Man......all stupid. The thing that made these characters appealing in the first place was their unique lives, personalities and stories of how they became the hero that they became famous for. When someone new is dropped into their shoes, it lessens the hero's uniqueness. Give the new people a new power, new name, new origin story.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Yeah, the female Thor, the female Spiderman, the black female Iron Man......all stupid. The thing that made these characters appealing in the first place was their unique lives, personalities and stories of how they became the hero that they became famous for. When someone new is dropped into their shoes, it lessens the hero's uniqueness. Give the new people a new power, new name, new origin story.

You do realize (mostly in DC) that iron Man, Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Captain America... Are mantles that can be carried on by others? spidergwen, Miles Morales... They're alternate universe spider people... Connor or Jon are going to replace Superman one day so Clark can retire... Bruce Wayne has abdicated the mantle of Iron Man more than once so someone else can take up the mantle... Same with Captain America.

Doom85

You do realize (mostly in DC) that iron Man, Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Captain America... Are mantles that can be carried on by others? spidergwen, Miles Morales... They're alternate universe spider people... Connor or Jon are going to replace Superman one day so Clark can retire... Bruce Wayne has abdicated the mantle of Iron Man more than once so someone else can take up the mantle... Same with Captain America.

Totally agree. Hell, even the movies agree:

And to me Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse (which features Miles, Gwen, Noir, etc.) is the best Spider-man movie, only Raimi's 2nd film comes even close in quality.

These legacy characters don't have the same personalities, lives, or origins. Just the same superhero title and (usually) powers. And it's a concept that has existed since the 1950's with Barry Allen becoming the Flash after Jay Garrick, or Hal Jordan becoming Green Lantern after Alan Scott. Honestly, hearing people complain about this makes me wonder how much DC/Marvel they've even read.

Well... we even have lesbian batgirl now... so... whatever I guess

A character (and who's Batwoman, not Batgirl) who's been in the comics for over a decade, just saying.

Doom85

Not if Batman has anything to say about it

Not the same character, also fuck that movie. Reducing Barbara from a person who just wanted to help people and was inspired by her father to a emotionally unstable girl with a crush (which in a movie with a side-villain who spouts all sort of misogynistic bullshit at her, really just makes the whole film feel icky). The original Killing Joke was extreme but didn't feel tasteless, Barbara was a victim but wasn't portrayed as weak-willed or put her down because of her gender, but the movie is gulity of the latter. Also apparently Bruce, the guy who's so focused on the mission, can just drop all that to sleep with a girl who's A) much younger than him, B) like a daughter to him, and C) the daughter of a close friend of his. Oh yeah, TOTALLY sounds like the Batman I know and not some horny dumbass who can drop all logic because he got kissed.

This film was a piece of shit that felt like it was written by horny 13-year old boys.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
Reducing Barbara from a person who just wanted to help people and was inspired by her father to a emotionally unstable girl with a crush (which in a movie with a side-villain who spouts all sort of misogynistic bullshit at her, really just makes the whole film feel icky). The original Killing Joke was extreme but didn't feel tasteless, Barbara was a victim but wasn't portrayed as weak-willed or put her down because of her gender, but the movie is gulity of the latter.

Recently, I was in the pressence of a robbery. Some black latino entered a supermarket with a machete and started to shout aggresively, he went and took one of the cashier girls (who happens to be a friend of mine).

They were like 10 girls including the 2 customers that were in the market in the moment, ranging from all ages. I was literally the only male in the store at that moment.

All of them behaved exactly in the same fashion: they started to panic, some of them started to cry, all of them did absolutely fucking nothing because they were paralyzed by fear.

I saw from distance how the latino approached my friend and how she started to scream in terror, I would never forget her face. I inmediately took the lead and approached the latino to negotiate with him and give him the money. He was extremely aggresive, he shouted that he was going to kill us numerous times, he broke the door after kicking it, he carried my friend very aggresively and he even pushed me.

This happened this past Saturday, my friend says she can't sleep and she is seriously considering to quit the job.

The moral of the story is: yes, woman are weak and emotionally unstable in the presence of danger.

Doom85

Well, you heard it here, folks. Total realism needs to be applied to Batman. So sorry, he can't be the world's best detective, one of the best martial artists in the world, capable of running a large company, a skilled scientist, etc. before he's even 30 because no one can possibly learn and apply themselves in so many fields that well that quickly. Also, Bruce has to retire after a few years due to how realistically fucked up his body would slowly become due to taking glancing gunshots, hits with blunt weapons and knives, etc.

Also, apparently a big middle finger to every single woman in the military, police department, fire department, etc. You're just going to freeze up in the face on danger......apparently. I must have hallucinated that story of the female professional fighter who kicked the ass of a guy with a gun who tried to rob her, even though it was reported on GAF.

Also, not a single man on the planet will ever freeze up when unarmed and facing a man with a machete. Every single one of you is a badass against someone who could easily kill you, news at 11.

In all seriousness, her fighting Batman wasn't relevant to any of what you just said, and you're talking about a series where a man leads a ninja terrorist organization through centuries due to his immortality-giving magic goo pits. Spare me the sexist bullshit, and spare me the "realism" bullshit.

Seriously, I'm sorry this happened to your friend, but it's fucking disgusting you're using her trauma to put down all women who weren't there. For fucks' sake, show a little class.

Jon Neu

Banned
Well, you heard it here, folks. Total realism needs to be applied to Batman.

Listen folk, you are the one complaining because a female acts like the average female (the horror).

I understand you need all females to be the strong independent woman™ feminist fantasy type, but most women aren't like that. Probably hasn't been a single woman in history that fills that feminist fantasy.

And yes, Batman is a comic book, but that doesn't mean it isn't influenced by reality. Like all art, basically. If everyone in Batman's comics is exceptional, then Batman's uniqueness loses it's meaning. He is special, not the rest of the world.

Also, apparently a big middle finger to every single woman in the military, police department, fire department, etc. You're just going to freeze up in the face on danger......apparently.

All of them have the requisites lowered to enter in those fields, and some of them enter just because of quotas and political correctness.

I have seen a single man overpower two female police agents while they were paralyzed and incapable of dealing with the situation. If he wanted, he could have easily killed them. They are still patrolling the streets to this day.

And police officers, firewomen and soldiers are a minuscule portion of the female population, by the way. Those fields and every field that involves serious danger is filled with men.

Spare me the sexist bullshit

If you think being an average woman is sexist, I'm sorry for your delusions.

Seriously, I'm sorry this happened to your friend, but it's fucking disgusting you're using her trauma to put down all women who weren't there. For fucks' sake, show a little class.

You couldn't care less about my friend, you just want to project your ego in the name of poor oppressed females.

By the way, women being scared and paralyzed in situations of danger is literally evolutionary biology.

Doom85

-because apparently 10 women in a fishy-sounding story means we can determine how all women behave
-and most men aren't like that either. I'm sorry you have this pathetic delusion that Paul from Accounting would see a man with a machete and proceed to face him like a badass because "HE'S A MAN, AND THUS AUTOMATICALLY BRAVE AND CONTROLLED!", but I live in the real world and I'm laughing at this insane idea that the average dude wouldn't either be freezing up, hiding, or getting the fuck out. And not a single woman? Wow, just wow, I'm applauding you, it takes hard work to get your head that far up your ass
-the fuck does this even mean? Every hero in Batman can excel at what they do, if Batman is the only allowed to do that you're basically saying he should be a Mary Sue. "We're sorry, Dick Grayson, we were going to make you a skilled crime-fighter, but that would get in the way of jerking off Batman so you're reduced to an incompetent chucklefuck!"
-again, being disrespectful to military, police officers, firefighters, etc. I hope the day never comes you need a female officer's assistance because based on your "logic" she would just fuck up and you'd be in trouble
-man, a lot of personal stories here that you conveniently witnessed. Also, it just sounds like wherever you're from your police institution just has a piss-poor training requirements in general, how the fuck are trained officers freezing up when they have GUNS? And even if your bullshit is somehow true, oh yeah a total of two female officers making a mistake automatically makes all female officers incompetent, that's brilliant logic. I'm sure there's NEVER been an incident in which male officers have lost, certainly no recent incident in which several were killed. Well, by your argument I guess all male officers suck since they failed to take down their target!
-no shit, because our society is still slowly progressing to make it more normal for anyone to pursue these fields, and people like you who get an erection for the "good old days" of the 1800's only hold that progress back
-since you think simply "BEING A MAN!" makes you fearless and being a woman makes you a coward, yeah you are sexist, but keep telling yourself otherwise
-don't give a shit about my ego, I just can't stand people like you insulting half the fucking population of this planet. I'm sorry that concept goes over your head
-son, I don't think you even know jack and shit about evolution, spare me the bullshit

Jon Neu

Banned
Seems that along with your piss poor reading comprehension, you also are incapable of even quote.

-because apparently 10 women in a fishy-sounding story means we can determine how all women behave

It's just an example. Again, it's literally evolutionary biology.

If that hurts your feminist feelings, I couldn't care less. Educate yourself.

and most men aren't like that either. I'm sorry you have this pathetic delusion that Paul from Accounting would see a man with a machete and proceed to face him like a badass because "HE'S A MAN, AND THUS AUTOMATICALLY BRAVE AND CONTROLLED!", but I live in the real world and I'm laughing at this insane idea that the average dude wouldn't either be freezing up, hiding, or getting the fuck out. And not a single woman? Wow, just wow, I'm applauding you, it takes hard work to get your head that far up your ass

Of course there are men who are also pussies, they are called feminists :messenger_grinning_squinting:

I don't give a fuck about your political correctness bullshit, men on the average are far more prepared for situations of danger than women. Again, if that hurts your feelings to the point of thinking that is an insult to women, that's just your egotistical problem.

-the fuck does this even mean? Every hero in Batman can excel at what they do, if Batman is the only allowed to do that you're basically saying he should be a Mary Sue. "We're sorry, Dick Grayson, we were going to make you a skilled crime-fighter, but that would get in the way of jerking off Batman so you're reduced to an incompetent chucklefuck!"

Are you really this dense? Batman's love interest is just a normal person, she isn't a super hero.

Most people in Gotham City aren't super heroes, they are just normal. That's why she behaves like a normal person and not like a super strong independent woman feminist fantasy.

again, being disrespectful to military, police officers, firefighters, etc.

:messenger_grinning_squinting:

I'm disrespectful to all women, to the military, to police and to firefighters.

I'm the most disrespectful motherfucker ever.

I hope the day never comes you need a female officer's assistance because based on your "logic" she would just fuck up and you'd be in trouble

Your ridiculous incapability to process and form a cohesive argument is astonishing.

man, a lot of personal stories here that you conveniently witnessed.

I'm dealing with that type of situations on my work quite frequently.

This isn't convenient at all, I explained the story before you came all worked up because the stories don't follow your fantasy of the super strong magical woman.

-no shit, because our society is still slowly progressing to make it more normal for anyone to pursue these fields, and people like you who get an erection for the "good old days" of the 1800's only hold that progress back

Not only is normal, but again, women have it far more easy.

And that's a problem, because they are less qualified on average than men, but nowadays you have to hire women. It's a politically forced situation in which you have to hire bassed on "progressive" quotas instead of picking the people best suited to the job.

So yes, I would normally prefer a male police officer than a female police officer in a situation of danger.

since you think simply "BEING A MAN!" makes you fearless and being a woman makes you a coward, yeah you are sexist, but keep telling yourself otherwise

It's funny how you have zero nuance, zero capability of assimilating more than black or white: You are just in love with being outraged and offended, so you create your little sexist strawman in your head and run with it till the end, so you can pat yourself on the back for being a "progressive good person".

But sorry, you are just another angry regressive masturbating his ego.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
So... Jon Neu Jon Neu ... You confronted a man with a machete and all he did was push you? No taking machete swings at you? Where is the news piece of this happening? How was he taken down? Arrested? Killed? Your story has so many holes and it defies logic.

Also, Barbara Gordon, AKA Batgirl, fights criminals (some of them armed) all the time. She was trained by Batman himself... Yet you think the movie depiction of her is more accurate than the comic version that regularly fights armed thugs? She's a fictional character that fights crime! And you're looking for realism as you see it.

Ok.

Jon Neu

Banned
So... Jon Neu Jon Neu ... You confronted a man with a machete and all he did was push you? No taking machete swings at you? Where is the news piece of this happening? How was he taken down? Arrested? Killed? Your story has so many holes and it defies logic.

This thing of SJW making things up it's an intersting trend.

This is literally what I said:

and approached the latino to negotiate with him and give him the money

Where did I say I confronted him? I simply approached him and told him that we were going to give him the money, that there was no need for hurting anybody (he was shouting extremely aggresive and threatening with killing us all). I just took the lead just to try and de-escalate the situation and make my friend feel more comfortable.

This happened at the city of Sabadell, there's no local news about it as far as I know. And no, sadly he hasn't being arrested yet, but I heard there was a robbery in a parlor in the nearby neighborhood of Campoamor some days later, with the description of a tall latino man in a hoodie and his machete. So I hope his arrest is going to happen soon before anything really bad happens.

Also, Barbara Gordon, AKA Batgirl, fights criminals (some of them armed) all the time. She was trained by Batman himself... Yet you think the movie depiction of her is more accurate than the comic version that regularly fights armed thugs? She's a fictional character that fights crime! And you're looking for realism as you see it.

I have never said nothing about the accuracy of the character history, I'm talking about the accuracy of making a normal woman behave like... a normal woman.

In comicbooks literally every character has had his time to shine, you can see Mary Jane being a normal girl or a super hero depending on the comic book. Nolan did the reverse and made Barbara Gordon into a normal woman, which means she can't fill the feminist fantasy of being a super strong independent woman, and therefore has triggered some of you.

And that's the story.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

This thing of SJW making things up it's an intersting trend.

This is literally what I said:

Where did I say I confronted him? I simply approached him and told him that we were going to give him the money, that there was no need for hurting anybody (he was shouting extremely aggresive and threatening with killing us all). I just took the lead just to try and de-escalate the situation and make my friend feel more comfortable.

Yet you said exactly this:

I inmediately took the lead and approached the latino to negotiate with him and give him the money. He was extremely aggresive, he shouted that he was going to kill us numerous times, he broke the door after kicking it, he carried my friend very aggresively and he even pushed me.

You went up to him to try to deescalate... That's called confronting a problem. Just because you didn't get physical doesn't mean it wasn't confronting him.

I like how you skipped the rest of what I said... Like him pushing you while a machete was in hand...

Also, bit sure why you're calling me an SJW because I'm not believing your version of events

Doom85

I'm not wasting quoting and separating your drivel, also your notifications say regardless if someone posted on this thread, so it's not you wouldn't know. Each section is based on each of your sections, hopefully your IQ is high enough to follow that.

-educate myself? You're the one thinking a solitary example proves a massive claim like that. Actual scientists would laugh their ass off at such insanity
-no they're not, in fact women will be more likely to take self-defense courses due to rapists and what have you. Your average Joe is not automatically prepared for these sorts of situations especially a dude with a FUCKING MACHETE
-Batman also isn't a super hero, he is also supposed to be a normal human being. Do you know anything about Batman?
-oh....well at least you're honest about being a pathetic edgelord
-that has nothing to do with the statement you quoted
-really? Well this sounds fishy that your supposed job involves danger since you flat out admitted how many professions you disrespect who face far more danger than you
-wow. Clearly some woman hurt you good emotionally because this is just pathetic drivel
-oh fuck off with this "stroking my ego", you're the one who randomly dropped some bullshit story about bravely approaching a man with a machete in a completely irrelevant manner since if you had actually watched the movie, the issue with how they portrayed Barabara's emotions had nothing to do with her being brave against criminals as she had no issues with that but how they acted like she only became a crimefighter to get emotionally closer to Batman. Anyone with an IQ of 60 or higher could tell the only one stroking their ego in this thread is you

Every psychiatrist worth a damn would laugh at your nonsense. Bravery comes from many psychological factors including one's upbringing, training, environmental factors, mental disorders, phobias, etc. Your absolute statement of "men are brave and women are cowards" is so hilariously stupid, like I've seen some dumbass comments on forums including here but you sir, you take the cake. With all this knowledge we've gained about psychology through the last centuries, you think it can all be boiled down to what the child said in Kindergarten Cop: "boys have a penis. Girls have a vagina." And yet something tells me even that kindergartner understands the human mind better than you.

I'm done responding to you. It's obvious you are completely ignorant in all manners of psychology, and anyone who isn't still living in the Dark Ages should be able to see that. Especially since it's not even relevant to what was said about the Killing Joke because again, the problem with Barbara''s emotional portrayal had nothing to do with her courage!

Jon Neu

Banned
You went up to him to try to deescalate... That's called confronting a problem. Just because you didn't get physical doesn't mean it wasn't confronting him.

Yes, I tried to deescalate by not escalating the situation, which means trying to act calm and not confront him, just give him what he wants instead of being confrontational.

I'm baffled that I have to literally explain to you the difference between confronting a problem and confronting a man with a machete.

I like how you skipped the rest of what I said... Like him pushing you while a machete was in hand...

Are you trying to imply that I'm making it up because it's not believable that a man with a machete could also push someone at the same time?

I mean, you know humans have two arms, right?

Also, bit sure why you're calling me an SJW because I'm not believing your version of events

That's like Nobody_Important claiming I'm calling him a SJW because he wears a Game Of Thrones avatar. It's literally as stupid.

Your post history speaks for itself.

I'm not wasting quoting and separating your drivel

This is what it's called projection. You are the one spouting drivel and being ridiculously offended and angry, yet you project your feelings unto me.

But it's okay, I still love you.

hopefully your IQ is high enough to follow that.

Wow, IQ insults. Watch out that drivel, man.

-educate myself? You're the one thinking a solitary example proves a massive claim like that. Actual scientists would laugh their ass off at such insanity

Yeah, I was trying to prove that just with that, you caught me.

And yes, I'm sure actual evolutionary biologists who teach that men were always the one's going into the unknown and facing all kinds of dangers for trying to provide for their family through thousands and thousands of years, while women keep themselves safe nurturing their babys at home, that wouldn't explain at all the differences of men and women and their capabilities to face a situation of danger. Neither why women prefer nurturing jobs and men prefer more action based jobs.

Again, educate yourself. I'm sorry if you think evolutionary biology and the fact that women are on average less capable than men in situations of danger is sexist, that just speak for the actual sad state of your REEEEEEE mind and the stupid idea you have been put in your brain of what equality is.

Another crazy science based fact: women and men are different, they have different bodies, men are stronger, faster, more resistant, more agressive. You know, the type of evolutionary traits that gives you and abysmal advantage in any situation of danger.

-no they're not, in fact women will be more likely to take self-defense courses due to rapists and what have you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Women are better suited to situations of danger because they have to take self-defense courses due to being easily taken down in positions of danger :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And obviously all the women in the world have taken self-defense courses to the point of becoming martial artists and overcome the abysmal physical differences between women and men. FUCKING BRILLIANT.

You are my new favourite member. I love you so much.

Your average Joe is not automatically prepared for these sorts of situations especially a dude with a FUCKING MACHETE

The only thing I did was not panic and get paralyzed, I just went there and told him we were going to give him the money, there was no need to harm anybody.

I'm pretty sure the average Joe could have done that. Maybe you don't and that's the problem.

-Batman also isn't a super hero, he is also supposed to be a normal human being. Do you know anything about Batman?

You are literally the one who said Batman is exceptional to the point of being extraordinary. That's the point of Batman, he doesn't have superpowers, but he is not a normal human.

-that has nothing to do with the statement you quoted

When you are too dense to even quote the things you are responding too, this happens.

I literally don't know about what the fuck are you talking about. This is like talking to a 10 year old with a tantrum.

-really? Well this sounds fishy that your supposed job involves danger since you flat out admitted how many professions you disrespect who face far more danger than you

Admitted? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Oh my God, dude, you are literally scaring me right now. Are you even capable of understanding basic sarcasm? Do you even know what that is?

Serious questions.

By the way, I work in one of those professions "I disrespected" who face more danger than me. Which, let me tell you, adds a whole lot more of hilariousness to your childish tantrums.

-wow. Clearly some woman hurt you good emotionally because this is just pathetic drivel

Hahahahaha

What the fuck are you even talking about, dude?

Learn to quote.

And then learn to code.

-oh fuck off with this "stroking my ego"

Why?

It makes you even more enraged (the truth hurts) and therefore it brings more laughs.

And I'm all about having fun.

how they acted like she only became a crimefighter to get emotionally closer to Batman

You mean to tell me that Nolan made a woman interested in the most interesting man in the planet?

Fucking disgusting misogyinist!!1!

Your absolute statement of "men are brave and women are cowards"

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

I fucking love it when you literally invent things I have never said so you could get more outraged.

Keep the white knighting, some day it will be fruitful.

I'm done responding to you.

Please, come back!

Last edited:
To be honest I love DC more than Marvel it's got more powerful heroes in my opinion and my favorite Superhero and 2nd is Superman and Shazam but I like Marvel as well for me DC it is

Caffeine

should just have Azrael play him, the latest depictions of Azrael is Michael Washington Lane an ex-cop who is black. Bruce basically tests him as a successor while also helping with his brain washing the order did to him. Even in Arkham knight game he was prepping him as a successor, because Bruce thought he was gonna die from the joker virus. and yes batman is just a symbol anyone could take up the cowl including a sparkly vampire.

autoduelist

But will he have nipples?

-----

Do you feel that constricting feeling that there are only so many things you can say about this? Sure, you might feel that way anyway, which is convenient, because then you get to get in front of it by pre-hating on what you imagine other people might think and say.

And it's easier this way, too, when well over half of the available things to say are already scratched off the list for you. And there, at the top, one potential answer is already circled, that easy answer that you know will get nods because it's made of toasted milk. And you sit there and look at that list of answers, maybe scratch a few more off near the bottom because they're just a touch too edgy, and finally settle on the circled one. It was always the best answer, anyway. Safe, for sure.

I don't see a problem with this.

Last edited:

Silent Duck

If he’s not an arrogant, joyless asshole who uses his parents as an excuse to dress as a bat and punch people, then he’s not Batman.
Also, the way he talks to other heroes is the very definition of pompous. That is Batman.

VlMj0h6.jpg

Side note: It was great in the Injustice video game when Batman had to deal with the injustice universe Batman. The injustice Batman was just as dismissive of him as he is to everyone else. Batman got a taste of his own medicine.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

Well they shouldn't take up 'the mantles' of these characters. Each became the heroes they are due to unique circumstances. Not a costume to put on and be the superhero. Iron Man was a tech genius with money and had the armor built as his heart had shrapnel in it. The suit helped him live. Superman is from a destroyed Krypton. Batman is a playboy with cash and was a detective who sought out seedy criminals. Spiderman was Peter Parker who was bit by a radioactive spider in a freak accident and gave him the powers. Captain America was injected with the Super Serum in the 1940's. Each also became popular due to the fact they were fully fleshed out, unique characters who many could relate (or envy) and made us love them. It would be (and is) stupid to replace those people with new faces to carry the 'mantle'. It doesn't and shouldn't work that way. Create new characters, not bury the popular original ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom