• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days of Play is back

No one cares about this? Having trouble finding a link for this year's announcement.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...ack-new-limited-edition-ps4-11-days-of-deals/

What? Days of Play sale - limited edition PS4 (blue and gold) along with various hardware and software discounts
When? June 8 - June 18
Who? Participating retailers in U.S. and Canada

I was looking to buy a PS4 pro - this sale drops the price to $349.

More details:

Hardware and peripheral discounts throughout the 11 days include (all prices MSRP):

Jet Black PS4 Pro – $349.99 USD / $449.99 CDN
PlayStation VR bundles – starting at $199.99 USD / $249.99 CDN
DualShock 4 wireless controller (all colors) – $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
PlayStation Move motion controller (2 pack) – $79.99 USD / $99.99 CDN
PlayStation VR Aim controller (US only) – $49.99 USD
Catalog titles – check with your local retailer
We’ll have great deals on some of our biggest PS4 and PS VR titles, as well:

Limited Edition Days of Play PS4
God of War: $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN
Gran Turismo Sport: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
Horizon Zero Dawn: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
MLB The Show 18: $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
Shadow of the Colossus: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
Bravo Team (PS VR): $29.99 USD / $39.99 CDN
Farpoint (PS VR): $14.99 USD/ $19.99 CDN
The Inpatient (PS VR): $14.99 USD / $19.99 CDN
What’s more, PlayStation Store will be offering promotions on popular games and network service memberships starting June 8 as well. Here are the offerings:

PlayStation Plus – $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN for a 12-Month PS Plus membership (terms & conditions here)
PlayStation Vue (available in the US only) – $10 USD per month off the Core plan standard price for the first two months ($44.99 USD per month thereafter) – learn more
PlayStation Store catalog titles

I'm going to get the bold hopefully on Amazon with gift cards.

MoogleMan

Hopefully it extends to digital versions of the games. And I'm really hoping that limited edition ps4 controller is sold separate. That's my color right there.

I've been waiting for a price drop on Gran Turismo, might end up finally grabbing a PS4 Pro too if the timing is right. Thank fuck this is for physical games.

Housh

I'll top up my plus.....and maybe treat myself to a fancy coloured controller but I don't need it.

GrinWithoutaKat

Neo Member
So with this, it's sort of a new deal every day, and it only lasts for that day? Want to pick up a PSVR and just want to make sure I don't miss out on the reduced price.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Nice for those interested. Out of the games offered I either own them or prefer to get a physical version. Still, if you haven't purchased it - go by God of War. Amazing game.

Pejo

Nice for those interested. Out of the games offered I either own them or prefer to get a physical version. Still, if you haven't purchased it - go by God of War. Amazing game.
I think this part indicates that it will be for physical version (for participating retailers). Won't know for sure until it starts tomorrow:

What? Days of Play sale - limited edition PS4 (blue and gold) along with various hardware and software discounts
When? June 8 - June 18
Who? Participating retailers in U.S. and Canada

TeeDoff

Neo Member
Gold are the new version of the 2.0 in the UK/EU. They were always gold in the US. So the Gold are the ones you want.

Leonidas

PSVR seems like a good deal now, with the sale price it is 1/2 the launch price with enhanced hardware(improved breakout box). I'll probably get one if they announce some compelling exclusives that take full advantage of it during E3.

manfestival

This makes me more frustrated that I missed out on walmarts sale of $20 for the collectors edition of horizon zero dawn. I was so gonna buy it but it was sold out by the time I arrived at the walmart. :(

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Can PSVR run on the vanilla ps4? If so, is it drastically different if you have the pro? I already got the X and looking to upgrade to the pro since they say PS5 isn't releasing for a few years. Any help would be appreciated.

Geki-D

Banned
^ Yeah, it'll play on a "Amateur PS4". On Pro the games tend to look cleaner from what I've seen. I've only tried on Pro myself.

How come these sales aren't on the PS Store?
They are. I saw Horizon Zero Dawn complete on the store for $20.

Btw got my PS4 pro, HZD, God of War otw from Amazon and a 2nd controller! Really wish I would've gotten Detroit when it was on sale...

Need more PS4 pro enhanced stuff!

Typhares

Couldn't resist and got a PSVR starter pack with the camera and worlds plus superhot for £200. I already got the moves from PS3 era so I'm sorted!

Top Bottom