• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Lee: What Makes The PS5 So Special?

I can imagine going from the DualSense with all its features to a more traditional controller is going to feel poor.
Yeah... like I could imagine for something hyper competitive like CoD you might disable the features simply because you would want zero distractions, but for single player or coop I am REALLY looking forward to trying this stuff out. Even stupid shit like the trigger jamming if your gun jams sounds cool. Gran Turismo is going to be unreal - using the controller as a wheel already felt awesome with the DS4, its going to be insane with a DS.

DonF

Really smart way to show the rumble. Very cool video. The controller vibration sounds like it's even better than the one on the joy cons.

Dual Sense is "NEXT" level no doubt and definitely a game changer. Each game will present different experiences..

Holding this thing and Playing Cold War in 2 weeks will be Nuts!!🙉

Interesting how so many previews with this thing assume the features will barely be used by third parties when there's actually a fairly impressive list of third party games using the unique features in some fashion.

They did some interesting things with the controller for sure. BUT(there's always a but), that does hinge on proper implementation and I can see complaints coming out of this as much as I can see praise. I hope you can always put that on or off on a system level.

Oppoi

Either the PS5 is really big or David is really small that angle make it weird lol

A rigid base gracefully narrowing by the neck. A popped collar that silently screams confidence. PS5 isn't trying to blend in. It's big. It's bold. It's a touch of excellence. C'est très bon!

Last edited:
Either the PS5 is really big or David is really small that angle make it weird lol
I was gonna blame it on him being a small asian man :messenger_tears_of_joy: ... but, It's likely the location of the PS5. It looks like he's using a wide angle lens, so it's distorting the edges just enough to make that thing look even more massive than it already is.

OT: If Playstation built good software around the new haptics/triggers we might see it being used more often than we thought, but we'll have to wait and see. By now you would think most devs have had experience with rumble and implementing it, I mean it's in every game so if it's easy enough they might just make use of it.

thelastword

Banned
After using the DualSense, using any other controller would be like following up a weekend soiree with lots of sex with Ariel Meredith, then the next weekend you have to do the same with Roseanne Barr....

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
After using the DualSense, using any other controller would be like following up a weekend soiree with lots of sex with Ariel Meredith, then the next weekend you have to do the same with Roseanne Barr....
I hear you can get the DualSense at a discount at your local Adult Store.

Top Bottom