• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARPA Funded Researchers Accidentally Create The World’s First Warp Bubble [nah]

Trogdor1123

I always wonder when I hear stuff like this if it’s a leak of something that is way better. I know that is tinfoil hat stuff but I just can’t help but think it is happening

pesaddict

Banned
tumblr_o3jbg0496g1u2ragso2_500.gifv
no matter how times i watch this film still freaks me the fuck out GREAT FILM LOVE IT

GeekyDad

MadAnon

Hack scientist debunked.

You know what's the worst part about this. There are so many of these charlatans who oversell their work and get a lot of funding because of how they market their work. A lot of more deserving projects are left in the dust because of this.

Last edited:
You know what's the worst part about this. There are so many of these charlatans who oversell their work and get a lot of funding because of how they market their work. A lot of more deserving projects are left in the dust because of this.

I don't intend to directly compare these two as that would be horrible on my part, but I've been reading about Edward Teller lately. Obviously brilliant and his accomplishment's don't need to be listed, but he had a gift for packaging and selling science. And politicians loved buying it. The story of Project Excalibur is so fascinating. Interesting theoretical background (X-ray laser) with real world applications that were upsold and invested in to the tune of huge sums of money by the Defense Department. Now Teller was a real scientist and earned every ounce of the respect and recognition he got -- but the abstract concept of the ability to package and sell science is similar.

Harold White is fringe.

Top Bottom