• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARK SOULS II Announced - [PC/PS3/360 - PR in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
Shibuya talks about "limiting players options for the early portion of the game, making it simpler to understand new concepts. Then, after a certain amount of time has elapsed, they will suddenly experience the true dark souls experience".

-morality system

No no no no no no no no no no no.

Zaventem

About the vehicles, Miyazaki also wanted to do something with them in the original Dark Souls but there will be a chariot in this game.Considers a boat being a mode of transport.

TEH-CJ

Banned
A lot of people on here seem to think that liking GoW means that you're a fan of bad, overly-simplistic combat, poor level and enemy design and an insatiable and immature desire for blood and gore.

Those people would have bad taste and dont understand what Greek mythology is about.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

If it's something like PB / PW then "Yep". Hopefully something that changes things around a bit even more than just spawning some BP enemies.

I don't hate the idea of the chariot executioner chasing you around, bringing some of that world tendency idea around.

Morality doesn't have to necessarily be Mass Effect style, all the Souls game had something similar, be it sins or world tendency.

Yep, pretty much this. But again, bandwagon worry will ignore it.

Eusis

Morality doesn't have to necessarily be Mass Effect style, all the Souls game had something similar, be it sins or world tendency.
That is true, but it does sound kind of concerning to put it like that, like it'll matter more to do good/evil things. We'll see I guess.

Zaventem

Oh and the dwarf guy..(easiest way to explain it) he's not a dwarf but he lives underground,the armor gives the impression of one though.He looks so fucking badass dat axe.

UrbanRats

If it's something like PB / PW then "Yep". Hopefully something that changes things around a bit even more than just spawning some BP enemies.
What would you want it to change? It's not like Dark Souls has a tight story with cutscenes, it's not Mass Effect.
That is true, but it does sound kind of concerning to put it like that, like it'll matter more to do good/evil things. We'll see I guess.
The worrying thing is that news, coupled with the more streamlined approach they seem to aim for.

I don't know, as of now i am definitely worried about this.

I can see where you're coming from with that, but it bubbled under the surface rather than "WHATCHUGONNADO?!"

Yeah no, i agree with you there.
I hope they won't fuck it up too much. :\

Also FUCK KING'S FIELD, That game is in first person right? Well that automatically rules it out for me, due to motion sickness.

Ah man, the quotes about Miyazaki being forced to work on something else have me worried. I really don't want to criticize the game before seeing some actual gameplay videos, but it does sound worrisome...
Also, I really liked how the story was presented in Dark Souls. You actually had to use your brain to connect some dots, but you could also completely ignore it. I don't want that to change.

And one more door picure: Survival Horror Today
In don't want to shit up the thread with too many off-topic pictures so I'm just posting a link.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What would you want it to change? It's not like Dark Souls has a tight story with cutscenes, it's not Mass Effect.

Who said anything about Mass Effect haha. I already mentioned bringing back BP enemies, but in Demon's there wasn't much that visually changed unless it was Pure White or Pure Black. Maybe have some things in between? (even if it was adding BP enemies in lesser numbers prior to Pure Black or Absolute Evil® or whatever)

Dresden

-Dynamic lighting
-huge graphical leap ready for next gen
-They says it's on par with the fidelity of Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313
-Miyazaki says straight forwardly he won't be involved but will be a supervisor
-Miyazaki says he regrets sending Dark Souls out ahead of time, won't happen for Dark Souls 2
-The decision was made by From Soft and Namco for him to step aside.
-The reason given is for the I.P to evolve it needs fresh blood
-He is working on something else but wouldn't say what
-New director wants to make the covenants and other areas that were difficult to adapt to more accessible
-Story will be more clear
-In development for 2 months since nov 2011
-bigger team working on the game
-morality system
PACK IT UP

IT'S OVAH

RIP SOULS

Out of those loads of worrying informations, I pick out the fact that Myzaki s working on a new game, which likely is King's Field.

BELIEVE

The Souls games exist because of King's Field, so I doubt From would allow him to work on anything that could impact the hype for Dark Souls 2 negatively.

Forkball

Pretty lame that they made Miyazaki step down. I'm sure he and his team could evolve Dark Souls, I doubt he was stubbornly holding it back from changing. Though his new IP could be something special.

I still think it's too early to say the sky is falling. I mean we only know vague details and no real new gameplay mechanics. And morality system isn't always a bad thing as long as the decisions are more Witcher than Mass Effect.

The new director sounds like a terrible pick. He literally says in the article: "Things were too vague, players could skip a lot of content. I'm a direct guy, I will make it easier for players to experience DSII".

Out of those loads of worrying informations, I pick out the fact that Myzaki s working on a new game, which likely is King's Field.

BELIEVE

If Miyazaki was working on a new King's Field I would suddenly care a whole lot less about this, especially after hearing some of those new details.

From's never let me down though, so they get a temporary pass until some gameplay surfaces.

The scene of the guy bracing for the dragon's attack, yeah. But the assets are in-game quality in the screen shot and high quality CG in the video.

Oh I see, I thought it might just have been a shitty still.

The new director sounds like a terrible pick.

He needs to be dragged before The Hague!

I'm sure it will be fine. I hope so, at least. I can't help but feel my confidence wane a little after reading all that, though.

Crossover with Twilight?

tumblr_m6c2kdJVQf1qg8ggio1_250.gif

There's a love interest after all...

This new guy needs to get the fuck out. IMMEDIATELY. My Hayashi/Toriyama senses are tingling.

One path? Forced storyline? Pointless love interest? Yeah I repeat, get the fuck out.

Midou

Where it says accessibility won't be as bad as we think and that a part at the start guides you more seems perfectly fine to me. The bulk of the game sounds to have remained unchanged, and explaining mechanics better is the perfect way to make the game easier without an easy mode.

-Shibuya talks about "limiting players options for the early portion of the game, making it simpler to understand new concepts. Then, after a certain amount of time has elapsed, they will suddenly experience the true dark souls experience".

This line is partially rigged, it starts with them saying accessibility is a word most players would have a negative nee-jerk reaction but promises it won't be setup how fans expect.

If next-gen arrives before DS2 then I hope they'll release the game on that platform too (day and date with the other ones).
The hints about possible time shifting or manipulation sound cool.
25% done means so much doom and gloom talk and speculation before we get some concrete (visual) info.

Clevinger

Here's a little more info about the "morality system." Edge asks about a creepy looking enemy, and the director says he's an undead who executes those who commit evil deeds. Edge asks if there's a morality system, the director says yeah, if you're unlucky enough you might meet him.

I wonder if it's like Miyazaki's idea about roaming dark knights, but in this case it's a sort of covenant character who hunts those who break/hurt covenants. Like an offline equivalent of the Darkmoon Blades. But that's probably expecting too much.

This new guy needs to get the fuck out. IMMEDIATELY. My Hayashi/Toriyama senses are tingling.

One path? Forced storyline? Pointless love interest? Yeah I repeat, get the fuck out.

He's also talking about adding vehicles to the game, not because it would complement Dark Souls' design but because he wants to keep trying/adding new things.

I'm usually pretty optimistic about these kind of things, but this guy sounds like a fool. It reeks of someone without a vision throwing a bunch of things at a wall and hoping some of it sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom