• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 - help with my pyro build!

NinjaBoiX

I’m currently replaying Dark Souls 3, I’ve clocked up nearly 20 hours in the last couple of days which is unusual for me! Loving it.

So I’m after a little help with my build, I usually play as a nimble ninja style character, but I decided to mix it up and try a pyro build (as that would also give me access to spells and miracles too). Here are my current stats:

Vigor - 11
Vitality - 11
Endurance - 22
Attunement - 16
Strength - 12
Dexterity- 12
Faith - 26
Intelligence - 26
Luck - 7

I’m using a hand axe +4 and a pyro glove +6, a fairly standard staff and talisman for spells and miracles. I’m about halfway through CotD, not really touched any DLC yet.

Any thoughts or advice? I hear the onyx blade is great for a pyro build but I don’t like greatswords, is there a better dex alternative (as in speed, not scaling)? Any thoughts on armour, rings, staff/talismans? Should I be messing with covenants?

Thanks in advance!

GHG

Gold Member
Check out this video:

Never done a pyro build in DS3 before myself (butcher knife for life) but fightincowboy always has some top notch builds and build advice.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’d get another weapon besides hand axe. I tried that during one of my initial playthroughs. I had a 10+ handaxe and I did no damage on DLC bosses. I’d look at soft caps and hit those primary stats.

NinjaBoiX

I’d get another weapon besides hand axe. I tried that during one of my initial playthroughs. I had a 10+ handaxe and I did no damage on DLC bosses. I’d look at soft caps and hit those primary stats.
Yeah, I’m just using it for now, think I’ll just grab that onyx blade. It should smash shit up with my int/faith scaling

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
onyx blade is just insane to be honest. looks and feels good to play with and this is coming from someone who does not like greatswords either. Use it once you acquire it. Other than that, it does not matter as long as you just infuse chaos/dark on them. Lothric Knight sword if you really don't want to try greatswords. PvE wise covenants are mostly irelevant. Rings you obviously need grreat swamp ring, witch ring, priestess ring or w/e its called for faith boost and something you want extra like more fire damage or whatever. As for spells boulder heave is a must, and whatever else you want black fire orb was my favorite and chaos bed vestiges. Other spells are honestly just pvp focused like the pillars and whatnot so don;t bother if you won't pvp. As for armor I guess the undead legion is a good mix of everything doesnt matter really. you gotta adapt anyway. Stats wise I'd increase str and dex to 15 min for some weapons not sure how much was for lothric but for onyx its around 15 max for all 4.

NinjaBoiX

onyx blade is just insane to be honest. looks and feels good to play with and this is coming from someone who does not like greatswords either. Use it once you acquire it. Other than that, it does not matter as long as you just infuse chaos/dark on them. Lothric Knight sword if you really don't want to try greatswords. PvE wise covenants are mostly irelevant. Rings you obviously need grreat swamp ring, witch ring, priestess ring or w/e its called for faith boost and something you want extra like more fire damage or whatever. As for spells boulder heave is a must, and whatever else you want black fire orb was my favorite and chaos bed vestiges. Other spells are honestly just pvp focused like the pillars and whatnot so don;t bother if you won't pvp. As for armor I guess the undead legion is a good mix of everything doesnt matter really. you gotta adapt anyway. Stats wise I'd increase str and dex to 15 min for some weapons not sure how much was for lothric but for onyx its around 15 max for all 4.
Thanks man, I just watched a video on how to grab the onyx super easily so I’m going to do that tomorrow morning and hopefully that’ll be my melee weapon sorted for the run.

Top Bottom