• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daniel Richtman: NetherRealm could be working on the Marvel licence

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
For a fighting game, of course

h0hGuchvF7cwkiRxMMbgSVk9S5aSf_8dv0fPedxWHerka1oOj2QjlypuaHoLvoLg6J6NvkwBPn3Mskb-_qO4YbHDDGoJBk69HlTKJWTefUP92W3FqkMYeGwA4OxuJFbVID7-GlIrgQ

Daniel Richtman is one of the more reliable industry insiders when it comes to Marvel stuff, and he posted this:

After the disappointment of Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, the hybrid fans of comics and fighters have been pining for another game. Capcom’s latest outing was a massive dud for fans of the long-running fighting game franchise.
Missing fan favourite characters, an ugly art style change and more ruined what could’ve been great.

With that in mind, how about a new look at what the iconic IP could be. If certain rumours are to be believed, that’s just what’s happening.
According to renowned leaker Daniel Richtman, NetherRealm Studios is working on a Marvel fighting game for next-gen consoles. Details are incredibly sparse on this latest leak, but Richtman does state that the game is already in production at the studio.

Disney has been keen to expend the reach of its IP through licensed video games. Of course, there was the recent Marvel’s Avengers title as well as a slurry of new Star Wars titles. Thirdly, there’s even a new Indiana Jones game in development.
On the other hand, NetherRealm Studios is highly proficient at creating fantastic, long-supported fighting games.
In fact, they’re the creator behind the fantastic D.C fighting game Injustice, an edgy take on the universe the still tones down the violence compared to Mortal Kombat.

However, if NetherRealm is truly working on a Marvel fighting game instead of the ending of their DC trilogy, it might be a while until we see this.
The studio does typically have two titles in development at any given time. Perhaps, we’ll see both!

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
We're unlikely to see another Marvel vs Capcom title for years (if not at all).

WB/NRS is in better position to make a huge Marvel fighting game with a big triple A budget that will be successful.

A.Romero

I'd love to have another Marvel game but developed by Arcsys. Civil War, similar mechanics to DBZ. Not sure if I want a Marvel game with Injustice's style...

skneogaf

I always pick up their fighting games hoping to like them but I hate everything about how they feel.

Capcom really messed up with the mobile graphics look of marvel vs capcom infinite, so much so that we mare unlikely to ever get another chance.

Strider311

While I’ll take what I can get, I wouldn’t think the feel of MK/Injustice would pair well with Marvel. In my mind it needs to be fast, aerial, stylized. Well, I guess I’d want it to be like Marvel Vs Capcom but without the Capcom characters and with a much higher budget than the last outing. I just want pure Marvel this time around.

SNG32

If they end up making a marvel game does that mean we could see a Marvel vs DC down the line. If so i'm all for this.

Bridges

I'd much rather have MvC4, but after Infinite I wonder if Capcom is even capable of making a worthy follow-up.
UMvC3 was so good

Top Bottom