• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damon Lindelof Reportedly Working on a Star Wars Movie

Konnor

Haha, forgot there was more than one season. Only watched the first.

Let me spoil you then because I do NOT recommend watching the rest of this fucking bullshit

The only "explanation" they provide is when the protagonist
goes to another universe where instead of the 2% the 98% had disappeared. That's it, they showed it for a few minutes in the last episode without explaining anything and it's over. He just didn't even bother with that one.
Also the cult that the show implied they might know something
turns out they don't know shit, all of them were pretty much just gullible idiots.
It was JUST like the mysterious Others on Lost that turned out to know jack shit. All that setup, all that drama for fucking nothing. What a fucking scammer

Last edited:

Ammogeddon

Everyone is working on a Star Wars movie.

Many probably are but until there’s a title and release date I wouldn’t get excited/worried.

Disney most likely have a mountain of story ideas they’re mulling over.

GymWolf

Lost and leftovers were good, but i have no hype for anything star wars related anymore, thanks disney.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
i have no hype for anything star wars related anymore
Me too. Endless Starwars and Marvel shows and movies may have seemed like a good idea but it feels like they're not only now boring, they're choking everything else out now too.

I hope there's a giant backlash and that new ideas come into fashion.

Kimahri

Banned
Let me spoil you then because I do NOT recommend watching the rest of this fucking bullshit

goes to another universe where instead of the 2% the 98% had disappeared. That's it, they showed it for a few minutes in the last episode without explaining anything and it's over. He just didn't even bother with that one.
turns out they don't know shit, all of them were pretty much just gullible idiots.
It was JUST like the mysterious Others on Lost that turned out to know jack shit. All that setup, all that drama for fucking nothing. What a fucking scammer
Oh fucking hell. Wish I had stopped reading before the spoilers.

Konnor

Oh fucking hell. Wish I had stopped reading before the spoilers.

At least you didn't waste hours watching that shit. I was so pissed off at the end, after an entire season of boring allegorical bullshit they pulled that shit at the end. Lost was a scam too but at least it was pretty good and made an effort to explain something. This one though... holy crap

KrakenIPA

Jesus Christ that sounds terrible just reading about it.

Just when you thought it couldn’t get worse than JJ Abrams…
Rian Johnson is hiding in Ahch-To with Luke.

F0sVx9l.gif

Kimahri

Banned
At least you didn't waste hours watching that shit. I was so pissed off at the end, after an entire season of boring allegorical bullshit they pulled that shit at the end. Lost was a scam too but at least it was pretty good and made an effort to explain something. This one though... holy crap
Glad I missed it then. Quit Lost after the bullshit ending to season 1.

Jesus Christ that sounds terrible just reading about it.

What the poster doesn't tell you is how great the show is.

You can make anything sound bad by reducing it to a single sentence.

Also in the first leftovers spoiler the poster gives he has missed the entire point of the explanation of what happened.

Last edited:

KrakenIPA

Also in the first leftovers spoiler the poster gives he has missed the entire point of the explanation of what happened.

Oh I gotta see this.

Wildebeest

Sounds like whatever point there was to the letftovers just wasn't worth getting. I just watched a clip of it flagged as the best scene in the show and made me angry how bad it was.

Konnor

Let's assume that your spoiler is the right interpretation, that actually means that there's absolutely no fucking explanation at all in this clusterfuck, they didn't even try. The fact is that the particular grifter just filled the last season with allegorical bullshit so that people like you will be impressed by it and forget all the enigmatic crap he pulled especially in the first season. And fyi your spoiler doesn't show, we can only see it when quoting you.

We get it btw, the show is about exploring grief and developing characters in that environment, you can do that without filling the show to the brim with cryptic bullshit you would never bother to explain. But like someone else said this dude is a fucking douchebag that is too insecure to tell his stories without adding some stupid fucking mystery to keep people hooked and then either avoiding to explain it altogether (the Leftovers), explain it by just inventing
a deux ex machina that itself is another mystery he won't explain
or just not even bother to write a second movie (Prometheus). Absolutely pathetic writer.

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
Guardians of the Galaxy is what Star Wars should/could/would/ be instead of the default lightsabres, force, space nazis and giant evil superweapon.

Wildebeest

Guardians of the Galaxy is what Star Wars should/could/would/ be instead of the default lightsabres, force, space nazis and giant evil superweapon.
Star Wars was certainly influenced by the comic books of the time, especially Jack Kirby, but the list of things Lucas openly pilfered ideas and even whole scenes from is legendary. It is only since comic book movies became so dominant that the comic book connection even seemed like such an important thing.

dr_octagon

Banned
Mandalorian works because it is a simple Western / Samurai meets sci fi and we don't need jedi or overdose on fan service.

I posted about trade wars and someone quoted me, I am too lazy to find this but this would genuinely be a good idea. West Wing in a galaxy far far away sort of thing.

We have enough films with laser swords, jet fighters and robot elephants thanks.

Ballthyrm

I still don't understand why they aren't doing what Marvel has done.
Just take what's already been done by better writers than you and adapt it to the big screen.

Why do they have to go and find someone who doesn't understand anything about Star Wars and let them do whatever they want.
The sifting has already been done, we know what are the Star Wars stories that resonnated with Fan over the last 30 years with the book and comics.

Just do that FFS -.-

Konnor

Just take what's already been done by better writers than you and adapt it to the big screen.

Why do they have to go and find someone who doesn't understand anything about Star Wars and let them do whatever they want.
The sifting has already been done, we know what are the Star Wars stories that resonnated with Fan over the last 30 years with the book and comics.

Just do that FFS -.-

OK, your idea sounds reasonable and is pretty good, so why do you expect Kathleen Kennedy to do it? Be realistic ffs

Wildebeest

A lot of why Star War was such a huge financial success is toy sales. People wanted to have a cut of new toys and not make a "new" film that leans all the way on nostalgia and watch all the money go to toys they could not take any credit for. Thing is, all the new stuff sucks, so nobody wanted the toys anyway.

dr_octagon

Banned
Give a director like Wes Anderson, Tarantino, Nolan and Fincher a standalone film each. Total creative control and make it separate from any canon or Skywalker, no cinematic universe or tv tie in.

Top Bottom