• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D.P.: Deserter Pursuit - Netflix series

plushyp

A young private’s assignment to capture army deserters reveals the painful reality endured by each enlistee during his compulsory call of duty.

First season is just 6 episodes but has been renewed for a second season. It's one of those quality series that shouldn't be overlooked. It was released back in August 2021 which is well before Squid Games blew up the K-drama scene internationally.

A polar opposite series recommendation of this would be Move to Heaven. Thanks to Hardensoul Hardensoul for that show recommendation.

Last edited:

Hardensoul

The show takes place about 10yrs ago as I recall. This is during the time of major bullying scandals in the Korean Military.

The bullying shown in this show was so awful it felt unreal, hard to stomach and you didn’t want to believe it.

The show seem to be regular cop pursuing criminals. But with the effects off bullying looming. It takes a more serious tone last 2-3 episodes.

I would recommend watching this.

Hardensoul

Lead actor Jung Hae-In, is quickly becoming one of my favorite Korean actors. He seem to be taking more roles that depict a more realistic take in Korean life/culture.

His role in One Spring Night, he’s a single dad. It portrays the stigma of being/dating as a single parent. Also goes into the female leads struggle of dating him and family/societal pressures.

It’s a good show depicting realistic life in Korea.

Hardensoul

Netflix really going all in on these Korean dramas huh
If you can weed through a lot of the fluff romcoms that a lot of sites pushing! I still watch those. Lol

Korean cinema is very diverse.

Edit: Movies I liked
Oldboy - not the bastardized Hollywood remake
I saw the devil
The Man from Nowhere
The Thieves
The Suspect
New World

Last edited:
Top Bottom