• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyclists in branded cycling clothes.

They are..

• Total wankers

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • Absolute champions

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Immune to categorisation

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters

Tschumi

Animated GIF

Party Dancing GIF by de chinezen

Rabobank.. of course he's dutch >.>
Party Dancing GIF by de chinezen
cyclist dab GIF by UCI

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Any clothing with outward-facing branding is tacky and unattractive. Stop dressing like billboards. I'd say some merch is okay, you know, "HEY I LOVE THIS BAND," but "HEY I LOVE THE GUYS THAT MAKE THIS OUTFIT?" You can't convince me that's not loser shit.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Any clothing with outward-facing branding is tacky and unattractive. Stop dressing like billboards. I'd say some merch is okay, you know, "HEY I LOVE THIS BAND," but "HEY I LOVE THE GUYS THAT MAKE THIS OUTFIT?" You can't convince me that's not loser shit.
I am 100% with you on this. I cannot believe people enjoy being walking billboards. I used to think generic shirts and sweaters was the preference of old men without a sense of fashion and now I find myself looking specifically for clothes that avoid prominent branding.

xrnzaaas

Don't mind it being used by professionals, however its kinda cringe if you are not part of the actual team.
Exactly, I don't mind if you're a professional cyclist and you're supposed to represent companies which sponsor your team, but wearing cycling clothes with big sponsor logos as a 'civilian' is very cringy. Most of my cycling clothes are plain black or they have small manufacturer logos.

Last edited:

Tschumi

It's super cringe ngl. There are also A LOT of them here in Germany, everyone larping as Jan Ullrich. They also usually come in packs and act like they literally own the street. No wonder car drivers hate them.
Rofl Jan Ullrich... They probably take their steroids in den arsch just like him, too.

Bernd Lauert Bernd Lauert i seriously was thinking of Jan of Le Tour fame,i have no idea why i talked about the drummer of Metallica rofl

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I think if you are on a pro team wear your advertising gear all you want, but if you are cycling around town....I think it make you look like a tool.

Tschumi

I think if you are on a pro team wear your advertising gear all you want, but if you are cycling around town....I think it make you look like a tool.
I was in IKEA a couple of days ago and out of Nowhere this old guy in full head to toe branded bike gear, AND cleats, clinked down the middle of a crowded aisle in the restaurant.. in my mind's eye he was also wearing a helmet but that's probably inaccurate... to get to IKEA restaurant he would have walked through a fair chunk of the store itself in shoes that made him stalk around as if he was in high heels... it was probably the genesis for this thread, the planted seed... My girl and i gave him a look lol

I wear synthetic shorts underneath my lycra padded shorts [so I don't have to wash after every use, and cause I change in parking lots], and then some prana shorts on top of that [my go to brand for pants/shorts, so much flexibility].

For a top I wear a nike synthetic shirt. No one wants to see me in lycra top; I don't even want to see me in a lycra top, gel gloves and a helmet.

Rare occasion I will go straight lycra padded shorts with prana shorts on top.

On my peloton I just do synthetic shorts with lycra padded shorts on top.

I don't road bike, just mtb.

Tschumi

I wear synthetic shorts underneath my lycra padded shorts [so I don't have to wash after every use, and cause I change in parking lots], and then some prana shorts on top of that [my go to brand for pants/shorts, so much flexibility].

For a top I wear a nike synthetic shirt. No one wants to see me in lycra top; I don't even want to see me in a lycra top, gel gloves and a helmet.

Rare occasion I will go straight lycra padded shorts with prana shorts on top.

On my peloton I just do synthetic shorts with lycra padded shorts on top.

I don't road bike, just mtb.
Thanks for legit input :) i think it i ever go the tight shorts route I'll just wear padded ones for a very long ride, but yeah honestly any old t-shirt is plenty lightweight for me.

Top Bottom