• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk's delay bodes poorly on next generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vawn

Banned
So Cyberpunk 2077 is being delayed quite a bit and the reason has come to light - the game was too ambitious for the original Xbox One to run well.

This is a major red flag, as Cyberpunk is a current generation title, but it is being held back by the weakest current gen console.

What does this mean for next generation games if they also want (have) to run on this machine that was already outdated when it released in 2013? It is safe to assume all models will be affected negatively.

The Xbox One is like the child with a learning disability that stays in his normal class and the school demands the rest of the class not get too far ahead. Everyone is held back.

Microsoft says all their Xbox Series X games must also be playable on the original Xbox One. While that's great for those of us who spent $500 on the 2013 Xbone and are unsure it's worth an upgrade, that really isn't great for those who spend another $500+ expecting true next-gen games.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Last edited:

rofif

Banned
Glad PC doesn't have these problems. :p :p :p
as long as You constantly upgrade and change parts for new ones.
and then there are bad ports, crashes, problems and tons of issues ALWAYS. pc gaming fucking sucks and it's the best thing ever at the same time. .. And that's coming from a pc gamer who games all this life and built countless systems for myself. I hate and love computers

ethomaz

Banned
PC can suffer from some bad ports and poor optimisation but that is it, generally PC is miles ahead.
Or miles behind.
Depends of the hardware you have.

But actually that late in the gen any AAA PC game requires a minimum hardware stronger than what you have on PS4 or XB1.
That changes at begin of a generation for example with PS5 where the minimum hardware will be way lower than what PS5 have.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

as long as You constantly upgrade and change parts for new ones.
and then there are bad ports, crashes, problems and tons of issues ALWAYS. pc gaming fucking sucks and it's the best thing ever at the same time. .. And that's coming from a pc gamer who games all this life and built countless systems for myself. I hate and love computers
What do you call constantly? I'm still with my i7-6950X CPU and mobo from 2016, I replaced 1080TIs with 2080TIs and got a HDR monitor.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
fuck consoles. i would rather they delay the game by a couple years and build it for PS5/XSX/PC. ps4 + xb1 can piss off. yeah i know it's not gonna happen but there is no denying consoles hold everyone back. not just PC gaming. you're getting a shitty experience on console too. but of course console owners don't give a fuck. they just want to play no matter how crappy the performance is as long as their broke ass wallets can afford it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom