• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Patch 1.1 out

dorkimoe

Picked it up when BBUY had it for 29. No issues at all on series x so far, a few minor glitches and pop in, but nothing gamebreaking at all yet.

TheUsual

Gold Member
I think I'll wait for February's half hearted gift from CDPR if thats the case. I don't want to risk breaking the game as I'll 100% Frisbee that mother fucker and all its contents in to my over kill blender soaked in my fermented piss just for the lulz.🤸
Yeah...that might be a good idea. I was real lucky. Rolled back to 1.06 since GOG galaxy allowed me and then completed the Down on the Street question in 1.06 (i.e., where the player has to wait for Takemura to call the player to finish the quest. It's glitched for a lot of people in 1.06 as well and 1.1 tried to fix it, but it looks like it breaks the game in 1.1. Found a fix for 1.06 to complete this quest : skip time by 23 hours and after 1 hour of game time passing, Takemura will call you and the quest will complete then. I did this...then risked upgrading to 1.1. Gambled it, upgraded again to 1.1 and no issue with Takemura's call fucking everything up.)

This glitch wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for me being 60 hours into the game right now. Got lucky in just about every single way and fixed the new glitch for myself. But a lot of people won't be.

TheUsual

Gold Member
I think I'll wait for February's half hearted gift from CDPR if thats the case. I don't want to risk breaking the game as I'll 100% Frisbee that mother fucker and all its contents in to my over kill blender soaked in my fermented piss just for the lulz.🤸
I've put 60 hours into this game with no game breaking issues until one. Definitely lucky compared to a lot of others out there. Since I was able to fix this specific issue, I've changed the settings in GOG Galaxy for no auto updates on this game. I'm gonna finish it as is. No way I want to gamble with anymore.

It's a game that is great to play but so, so difficult to recommend until this type of shit is fixed.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

So its finally here! How is it? any feedback?

Yeah this is the weirdest thing about the whole mess.
Dude..For real!
I have a habit of launching Blood and Wine once in a while, simply because I freaking love it, its my favorite dlc ever.
I was just at the Inn where Geralt sits with Milton and starts to discuss the crime that happened near the river, after they finished I went outside into the bridge, i looked at the NPCs this was after Cyberpunk 2077 so i wanted to observe and compare. Its night and day difference. The NPCs walk then slowly gather around a musician and start to clap and enjoy the rhythm, then kids play outside, the other NPCs are working near the Inn, attending to different kind of jobs, and it all makes sense and blend perfectly within its world, so immersion level is high. Its true you cant kill them but its better imo to not kill or talk to them than have them interact with you in a broken way. Also if you look away then back they dont change. So yeah its better.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Well, I have very low expectations and if this patch fixes the game from crashing every hour on PS5 I would be more that happy. Trying soon.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Thank god they fixed the grenade trajectory bug in photo mode, I’m sure that bug was on the top of everyone’s list :rolleyes:

They didn’t even “fix” the mini-map and all they have to do is change two values in a config file.

For all we know having a grenade trajectory bugging in photo mode would cascade in a bunch of other errors. Depends how spaghettified their code is and generally speaking crunched-for-release code tends to be messy as everyone drops standards that get in the way of release.

JonkyDonk

I keep going back to play bits and pieces of this game but it doesn't really hold my attention for long. I'm not even having too many issues with bugs and since I got my new CPU perfromance is ok too; but beneath all that, the game is just underwhelming. The best things about it are the characters, some aspects of the presentation and some story moments. Other than that, there is little about the game that feels or works as well as I would want, and certain parts are so incredibly clunky and frustrating. It feels like this game needed years, not months, of more work.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
disappointing. i got it on PC and honestly the bugs aren't the issue. it's that the game feels rushed, half assed, and unfinished.

i'm gonna need to see what they do in terms of QoL changes, new features, and content.

Hugare

Well, I have very low expectations and if this patch fixes the game from crashing every hour on PS5 I would be more that happy. Trying soon.
Well, about that

Came here because the game just crashed on me. Had 2h of gameplay. PS4 Pro.

Seems like its more stable, but yeah. Still crashing.

I honestly dont understand why it crashes so much. The game doesnt crash as much on PC, and the PS5 hardware should be more than enough.

Thank God that I'm probably finishing the game tomorrow. After that, I'll be waiting until the game becomes more stable in order to start another playthrough.

PS: Since it's still crashing, I doubt that Sony will accept the game back on the PS Store just now. Maybe after February's patch.

Last edited:

Self

I've played around 15 hours and had no crashes on PS5 whatsoever. I thought this was adreseed with an earlier patch? It's still a bug fest though.

Hallondricka

Neo Member
  • Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
This fix really screwed up my savegame. Now I can't get past here, got locked out.
He calls right after you have a talk with Keanu, when you have to wait a day for his call.

Tried a earlier save and the same result. So annoying... I can't get a break with this game. (PC)

regawdless

Banned
Oh No. A new patch, a new round of GoG screwing up the download.

Downloads at fucking 0.5mbs on my 1gbs connection and crashes my PC at some point.

No other program, game or installation does that, ever. Only GoG when downloading Cyberjunk patches. It is so incredibly frustrating.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Oh No. A new patch, a new round of GoG screwing up the download.

Downloads at fucking 0.5mbs on my 1gbs connection and crashes my PC at some point.

No other program, game or installation does that, ever. Only GoG when downloading Cyberjunk patches. It is so incredibly frustrating.
It is frustrating to hear that as the company making GoG is... well the same one making the game. I know it is foolish, but one would hope the two to work together best.

b0uncyfr0

Uhh , are we gonna get a new thread for each update. Seem's pointless, the first few are just gonna be bug fixes. Forget actual improvements and QOL stuff...

UnNamed

Banned
The problem is CP2077 have some structural problems, you can fix bugs and improve performance, but for the police out of nowhere you need to rewrite, or write in the first place, new algorithms for AI.

regawdless

Banned
It is frustrating to hear that as the company making GoG is... well the same one making the game. I know it is foolish, but one would hope the two to work together best.

The weird thing is, that other games on GoG work just fine, updates work without any issues. Something about Cyberpunk makes my PC go nuts. My CPU is overclocked, that could be a factor. But that would mean that these GoG Cyberpunk updates are heavier than the hours of brutal Prime95 stresstests that my system went through without any instability.

It also does show the normal patch size in the download at first, but then increasingly more GB patch size every couple minutes. Like 7gb, then 11gb, then 17 gb etc. It's pretty nuts.

Rikkori

Surprisingly sharp on Xbox (except base), but pretty bad performance on base out of all. Probably not salvageable.

Valedix

Gold Member
  • Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
i don't believe you remake GIF

nowhat

So, slightly improved framerate on a Pro, I think. It's not good, there's still frequent stuttering when driving around the city, but it's not as bad.

But I just launched "Contagion" on a bunch of baddies. Which I like to do, even if I don't follow up with taking everyone out. I guess I'm a bit of a jerk. And a step of stairs blocks my view - I didn't turn around or anything, just that the enemies where out of sight for like a second. And... they're gone. Completely gone. It's one thing not to keep track of meaningless NPCs ("each with their own day and night cycle!"), but FFS, at least keep track of the enemies.

nowhat

Oh wow, they've managed to create a new and somewhat consistent bug, the HUD overlay for an item you're about to pick up remains in place (hiding quest marker), until you look at a new item. It doesn't happen all the time, but based on less than an hour of play, it's not uncommon.

Zimmy68

I heard that save scumming item quality no longer works. Has anyone tried the dupe glitch or painting/money trick ?

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Oh wow, they've managed to create a new and somewhat consistent bug, the HUD overlay for an item you're about to pick up remains in place (hiding quest marker), until you look at a new item. It doesn't happen all the time, but based on less than an hour of play, it's not uncommon.
That bug was happening since the launch version.

I was dissappointed that they didn't add a walk key for the PC version. A massive oversight on their part to begin with considering there are so many quests that require you to "follow this fucker somewhere for several minuies" quests. The patch obviously did something coz my game runs 10fps worse in most places (no biggie still over 60fps). I think they have fixed the T-posing naked whilst driving though which is nice. So all very underwhelming but I guess to be expected most of their efforts will be on the console version right now and fuck the PC version that made them the most money :p

GHG

Gold Member
Yeah, I looked at Automobilista 1 back in the day and I think I tried it during a free weekend but the game was too indie for me. The base content was also extremely focused on Brazilian stuff, which I extremely don't care about xD Watched an Empty Box video the other day where he had footage of AM2 and that did look quite nice. But I'm not super interested in researching mods for another racing game and "build my own package", so to speak. My Assetto Corsa folder was like 100GB at one time, but I can't be bothered to lose time with that stuff anymore. I did pay for Content Manager at one point, which makes modding a lot easier if I ever get back to it.

Yeh content manager is a godsend. When I realised you could drag and drop multiple rar/zip folders that have mods in them onto the window an it would install them it was a complete game changer. I would just download everything I wanted from RD and then install them all at once.

regawdless

Banned
The cycle begins anew. Unknown server error in GoG when installing the patch. All. The. Time.

I really love the game, but GoG is atrocious.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Nope and probably won't be until the February huge update is out.
It will not be until Sony penalises CDPR enough for bringing to light terrible PlayStation refund policies. The removal was never about the quality of the game. Sony knows that with each improvement there might be more people willing to buy the game, hence they deny CDPR revenue as a punishment.

Top Bottom