• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Patch 1.1 out

5.4GB on steam:

ry3GhGB.png
One does not simply update Cyberpunk before 3DMark.

:lollipop_poop:

Yeah, the game runs noticeable better on base PS4. Driving at high speed, the city center area runs noticeably better; still some choppy moment here and there, but overall it is decent. I don't expect to see stable 30 FPS all the time on base consoles anyway.

No crashings at the moment, better be fixed by now...

Livein

Neo Member
PC changelog seems rather unimpressive. Was hoping for some general fixes... From what I've tested Deadeye (best mod in game) still doesn't work. When it comes to mods game is so bugged there is no clarification yet whether stacking Bully/Fortuna should be viable - for now it still doesn't work. Well at least that's what UI says but who can trust UI in CP2077 >.<

SnapShot

Main and side quests really are the best bits of the game, no wonder they're top priority, along with performance and crash fixes. I'll just wait until it's fully patched before replaying.

Hugare

PS4 Pro with SSD impressions:

Game seems to runs smoother. Stil some noticeable dips, but it doesnt seem to stutter as much as before. Those little stutters when driving, you know? Much better

Crowd density is as bad as it ever was lol
Noticed no change at all on the PS4 Pro.

No crashes so far. Have tried to force crashes by going to Afterlife while driving really fast (always trigged crashes).
This is the biggest improvement, thank God.

Good patch ,imo. Not revolutionary, but at least it fixed crashes and improved performance by a small margin.

base

Banned
Why are they fixing the performance? Thought the representatives said it was working just great during the betatests.

GHG

Gold Member
Side note, how's that Automobilista game? Never heard of it, but might look into it. Was thinking about Corsa racing game since I can't get GT on PC.

And to stay on topic, yay Cyberpunk!

Assetto Corsa is brilliant and despite its age it looks very good with a couple of mods. The modding scene for that game is huge so if there's any car or track you want you will probably be able to find it somewhere. It's also dirt cheap for the ultimate edition these days:

Automobilista 2 is great but I wouldn't say it's the finished article. Despite it coming out of early access last year the game simply isn't finished and although some cars and tracks are great to drive there are too many others that just don't feel finished. So for the price it is at the moment I just can't recommend it in good conscience.

Anyway, for this subject come post in this thread:

Last edited:

Drac84

I have one glitched trophy (Little Tokyo) preventing me getting the plat. Hopefully it gets picked up in the next patch.

Patrick S.

Banned
Assetto Corsa is brilliant and despite its age it looks very good with a couple of mods. The modding scene for that game is huge so if there's any car or track you want you will probably be able to find it somewhere. It's also dirt cheap for the ultimate edition these days:

Automobilista 2 is great but I wouldn't say it's the finished article. Despite it coming out of early access last year the game simply isn't finished and although some cars and tracks are great to drive there are too many others that just don't feel finished. So for the price it is at the moment I just can't recommend it in good conscience.

Anyway, for this subject come post in this thread:

Yeah, I looked at Automobilista 1 back in the day and I think I tried it during a free weekend but the game was too indie for me. The base content was also extremely focused on Brazilian stuff, which I extremely don't care about xD Watched an Empty Box video the other day where he had footage of AM2 and that did look quite nice. But I'm not super interested in researching mods for another racing game and "build my own package", so to speak. My Assetto Corsa folder was like 100GB at one time, but I can't be bothered to lose time with that stuff anymore. I did pay for Content Manager at one point, which makes modding a lot easier if I ever get back to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Patches for patches? Is that the new announcements of announcements? :p

The quest fixes and bug fixes are welcome. Hopefully they can get a good pace going this year. My experience on PC has been great but I feel for those playing it on console.

Ah I was hoping for a miracle patch, like a substantial optimization effort. Fingers crossed that we will see something in February maybe?

I really want to finish this game, but it's hard not to feel deflated about it after all the news and issues with it.

This is probably going to be a long and gradual process. I'm not sure if any one single patch is going to be a miracle savior patch, but here's hoping.

Aenima

You got my hopes up, I just finished updating and tested this... :(

NPC spawns in cyberpunk are the weirdest shit i seen in a videogame in a long time.
I remember being near the V appartment, and there was 3 NPC chatting inside the building, i passed trought then and notice one of them was wearing something cool, so i went back to check out the outfit and there was 3 diferent NPC chatting there. And everytime i turned my back to them the NPCs changed. I dont remember seeing anything like this in Witcher 3. Its like they de-lerned how to make videogames.

The same happens with cars, they also disappear and respawn diferent ones.

Last edited:
Wait! What? For PC too!

But, but, but, wasn't the game supposed to be bug free on PC, that bugs were the consoles mark? Even better than the perfect demo made before launch, GAF told me!

I think CDPR is trolling PC gamers since, from what i understand from people here, there is nothing to patch.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Yeah this is the weirdest thing about the whole mess.
Witcher3 had problems on console like low fps and other things that I can't remember.
Obviously not as bad as cp2077 on console though.

I'm hoping this patch for the next patches means they are adding on the stuff that got cut.

Last edited:

Mahavastu

according to this video the base PS4 can now keep the 30fps quite stable, even in the worst case street from the PS4 DF video.
Not perfect (pop in, at least 2 times the game halted for a second, dithering), but 30fps on the base PS4 is a huge improvement anyway :messenger_grinning:

Others should report if it got more stable now. I hope the memory optimizations mentioned in the patch log fixes memory leaks, which might behind a lot of the crashes we saw in the past.

Pantz

Gold Member
according to this video the base PS4 can now keep the 30fps quite stable, even in the worst case street from the PS4 DF video.
Not perfect (pop in, at least 2 times the game halted for a second, dithering), but 30fps on the base PS4 is a huge improvement anyway :messenger_grinning:

Others should report if it got more stable now. I hope the memory optimizations mentioned in the patch log fixes memory leaks, which might behind a lot of the crashes we saw in the past.

Night City is a ghost town

TheUsual

Gold Member
So there's a nasty game breaking bug happening now with 1.1. Takemura immediately calls me upon loading a save but doesn't talk. Just happened to me... :(

Just saw it on reddit too Link to error

From what I have played on base PS4. The game stutters less, but when it happens, it does it quite longer; sometimes I thought they game was ready to crash, but then it keep going.

In my experience, after having played it for 2 hours with the 1.10 patch, aside from the mentioned stuttering happening and some light glitches we may still encounter, the game seems totally playable right now in term of framerate. No way the current state of the game justifies being out of PS Store at this point; unless, the patch has brought us a game-breaking bug we are not aware of... yet.

TheUsual

Gold Member
So there's a nasty game breaking bug happening now with 1.1. Takemura immediately calls me upon loading a save but doesn't talk. Just happened to me... :(

So I have the GOG version. Doing a rollback to 1.06. (through gog galaxy launcher: go to Manage Installation > Configure > uncheck the Auto Update option > option to rollback to 1.06 appears.

Going to see if that works.

Edit: it's redownloading the whole damn game LOL

Last edited:

Hugare

lol, he photoshoped a 30 fps line on top of the video. It's fake af.

Like, just watch the fucking thing. Does that look like a stable 30 to you?

It's so fake that there's no drop at all

Wait for "ElAnalistadeBits" or Digital Foundry to check the patch, please.

Even on the Pro, its not close to a stable 30 at all

Mobilemofo

On ps4 Pro. After no analysis, I've noticed the following. Cornering at speed now works with only slight frame skips..ai is still so thick, that light bends around them. An additional 1 NPC has been added every 4 blocks. Some people now don't disappear when you pass them and turn round. Little kids remain highly batterable.

Last edited:

Majukun

Just finished my playing session, waited a bit for the ysual synch of the game saves and instead got the patch.

Guess I'll check it tomorrow, although there does not seem to be crucial changes.

Wonder if the better memory management means that I can try and bump up my graphic settings again..

Putonahappyface

Gold Member

I think I'll wait for February's half hearted gift from CDPR if thats the case. I don't want to risk breaking the game as I'll 100% Frisbee that mother fucker and all its contents in to my over kill blender soaked in my fermented piss just for the lulz.🤸

Top Bottom