• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk is still nearly unplayable on Xbox Series S, but then I fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCB3

Ah actually, I may have found the issue, I was running it from an External HDD instead of the Series S's own HDD, I've moved it across and it is running perfect so far, whats strange Is my External HDD is also a SSD, I didn't think that mattered for non-Series X|S games tbh

I saw it going cheap for a Digital copy and thought I'd give it a try a second try seeing as my PC doesn't run it well when in a car especially (I'm on a 1060 6gb as well)

And after an hour, I thought, its not bad aside from 30fps, playable and enjoyable, but then I got to the mission where you get the Flathead robot, and the framerate drops to 0fps - about 5, I figured after the last few updates it'd be a bit better, but no, its still a mess, a real shame as I love the world it's built

Maybe waiting for a Next gen update is advisable here

Edit: This may have been an issue with running the game from an External HDD

Last edited by a moderator:

SJRB

Gold Member
Honestly at this point I would forego the thought that this game will eventually be good, performance-wise.

It's been six months with a plethora of patches and fixes with patch lists as long as the Chinese Wall but in its core it's still deeply, deeply flawed in almost every technical sense.

Flabagast

I saw it going cheap for a Digital copy and thought I'd give it a try a second try seeing as my PC doesn't run it well when in a car especially (I'm on a 1060 6gb as well)

And after an hour, I thought, its not bad aside from 30fps, playable and enjoyable, but then I got to the mission where you get the Flathead robot, and the framerate drops to 0fps - about 5, I figured after the last few updates it'd be a bit better, but no, its still a mess, a real shame as I love the world it's built

On series S ? weird, I thought the game ran fairly well on it (see analista del bit video below). And The Pick up (the mission you are talking about) is not too bad in terms of framerate even on base PS4 / XBOX since the last patches, or at least definitely does not go under 20s.

Are you sure it's well installed / updated (sincere question) ?

SCB3

On series S ? weird, I thought the game ran fairly well on it (see analista del bit video below). And The Pick up (the mission you are talking about) is not too bad in terms of framerate even on base PS4 / XBOX since the last patches, or at least definitely does not go under 20s.

Are you sure it's well installed / updated (sincere question) ?

yea, I have tweaked the Graphics settings on there and its slow, I managed to get out and save and on a reload and restart of the game, it seems to be a bit better

GrayFoxPL

CD Projekt developing on XBOX.

hole round GIF

Riky

$MSFT
Sure your save isn't corrupted? Been a solid 30fps for me on Series S, apart from Series X in fidelity mode it's been the best way to play.

Hugare

Seems like a bug or something

Its stable enough on a PS4 Pro. On a Series S its smooth sailing 99% of the time.

Drops to 5 fps doesnt happen even on base consoles

The flathead part, with the battle between factions, is the worst performing part in every console. But never 5 fps bad. More like 15 under huge, huge load.

Download the game again or something, OP

SecularIX

Banned
Um, I own Cyberpunk on my brand new Series S and it runs fine.

Just like Skyrim or FO4, I'm going to take my time and play this game for years.

SCB3

Ah actually, I may have found the issue, I was running it from an External HDD instead of the Series S's own HDD, I've moved it across and it is running perfect so far, whats strange Is my External HDD is also a SSD, I didn't think that mattered for non-Series X|S games tbh

Last edited:

Denton

update the OP at least

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia

Nope, don't try to install again or download anything...

Grab your Xbox controller, play the free Destiny 2 on Stadia and see if the latency is good enough for you. (83ms on Doom eternal)

If it runs like a dream, then buy Cyberpunk on Stadia (no install, no wait for patch download...). Never had a crash or real framerate issues.

If Destiny 2 doesn't work that well, then don't buy it on Stadia (your internet connection isn't good enough or too far from the server)

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Series S version had a pretty good reputation... Good to hear. Enjoy !

SCB3

Nope, don't try to install again or download anything...

Grab your Xbox controller, play the free Destiny 2 on Stadia and see if the latency is good enough for you. (83ms on Doom eternal)

If it runs like a dream, then buy Cyberpunk on Stadia (no install, no wait for patch download...). Never had a crash or real framerate issues.

If Destiny 2 doesn't work that well, then don't buy it on Stadia (your internet connection isn't good enough or too far from the server)
Thanks, I've used Stadia alot but prefer consoles

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Glad you sorted that out. I was confused because my coworker played it on the Series S and had nothing but good things to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom