• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk is one of the most frustrating releases ive ever seen….

Umbasaborne

Banned
(For reference, im playing on xbox series x).

…..Because there is so much cool shit in this game, but fuck its just not there yet. It sucks for not only us who bought the game on consoles (if i had a pc i’d buy it there), but also for the dev team who are still toiling away on this game almost a year after launch.

Alot of people tend to assume that those who have given this game and cd projekt a hard time are haters. But for me, thats so far from the truth. As ive said, there is a lot of great stuff in cyberpunk. The combat is fun, the weapons feel great. On pc, it looks amazing (from what i’ve seen on youtube) and night city is such a cool fucking enviroment.

But where it falls apart is that we are almost a year past launch. The city looks amazing, why the fuck is it so lifeless? The next gen versions are no where to be seen. They are still bug fixing as if the game should have actually come out late this year or next year instead of 2020, on top of that, They removed the open ended rpg fantasy in favor of a linear story starring john wick.

I’ve given up hope on a big no mans sky like overhaul, but i wish they would at least give us more updates. Updates on where the next gen ports are, how the expansions are coming along, ect…

Also the ceo of the company should be stepping out to give those updates. Not forcing developers out on stream who are getting abused by the community for doing the best they can with the shit sandwich they’ve been served. (End rant)

i want cyberpunk to be amazing. Its frustrating because it flies so close to the sun at times, just to crash and burn right away.

The last time i felt this burnt by a game that should have been great was the master chief collection in 2014. It took them nearly 5 years to fix that but they did and its everything it should have been at launch now, and more. Its fucking awesome. It wouldnt be ideal for cdpr to take that long to make cyberpunk great, but id love to be able say the same thing about cyberpunk in 5 years

Marty-McFly

Banned
CDPR really needs to partner with another studio and let them handle the performance and gameplay.

I'm not sure if they've given up Cyberpunk or if it's just too much of a clusterfuck to fix.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
CDPR really needs to partner with another studio and let them handle the performance and gameplay.

I'm not sure if they've given up Cyberpunk or if it's just too much of a clusterfuck to fix.
They bit off more than they could chew and continue to underestimate their time frames. They did that for all of 2020 with its numerous delays ( it should have never been announced for 2020) and they did it this year with their road map

Hugare

I casually go to the game page on Reddit twice a week, to see if theres any news on future updates. But theres nothing.

Its crazy that CDPR simply disapeared. No announcements about when they are going to update it for next gen, how its coming along, DLC ... nothing.

Its so frustating. I dont know what they are trying to do, but its hurting their reputation even more.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I casually go to the game page on Reddit twice a week, to see if theres any news on future updates. But theres nothing.

Its crazy that CDPR simply disapeared. No announcements about when they are going to update it for next gen, how its coming along, DLC ... nothing.

Its so frustating. I dont know what they are trying to do, but its hurting their reputation even more.
On one hand, i get the silence because too much talking and empty promises are what got them into hot water (among other things) last december. But there has to be a balance between communication and setting reasonable
Expectations.

say what you will about halo infinite. But these
Monthly updates from the dev team have been awesome. And while im dissapointed that they are launching without features. I dont feel lied to, or ignored. I love the communication and transparency from them since the delay last year. That is what cd projekt red should be doing

Tschumi

I've played this game for 200 hours and I know that half your complaints are generated by your not playing it as much, or as enthusiastically, as I did. It's a weird feeling. I can't change your take but this game is a totally servicable, finished game if you just take it as it is and not waste everybody's time wondering why they don't have ground breaking citizen AI. Before it released, I expected it to be a Cyberpunk life sim. I immediately saw that it wasn't, and changed my expectations. I've loved this game.

Any improvements they make are gravy.

This thread reads as clickbait to me.

Last edited:

lils

as far as performance goes, i don't think it's badly optimised. it's just a very graphically intensive game, and cpu-intensive as well with all the crowds and thing

it was clearly designed to rely heavily on DLSS, and with DLSS on performance mode it runs just fine for me (rtx 2080ti, 3440x1440 100hz high settings). the problem is that not everyone has that

i partially sympathise with CDPR here, because they could not have anticipated the supply shortages with the RTX 3000 series. if that had not been the case, you would have been ok playing it on either the latest GPU generation or the one before that, which is quite reasonable for a game pushing the limits of graphics like cyberpunk.

but because the 3000s weren't available (and largely still aren't, really), instead you effectively needed to have a card from the latest generation, which is quite harsh. and this is ignoring AMD as well which actually brought out some decent chips, and they don't have DLSS either. so you needed a gpu from the latest series of cards from one particular manufacturer (admittedly the one with dominant market share)

as far as consoles go, we see now that they just shouldn't have released it on any apart from maybe the ps5/whatever the latest xbox is, and with appropriate porting to tone it down so that they could run it. i haven't played it on console so i don't really know.

there is still some sympathy to be had though, since microsoft/soyny stipulate that if you release a game on the xboxx/ps pro, you have to make it work for the basic consoles as well. there are good reasons for this, since they promised their consumers that their base consoles wouldn't be obsolete so quickly, but this was never going to work for cyberpunk. at the time of release they were over seven years old, and they weren't powerful even when they came out. there was no way that that wasn't going to be a total shitshow.

now this is limited because they probably shouldn't have been releasing it on the xboxx/psp to begin with, but maybe they didn't know how badly it would run until it was too late to do anything about it. cutting down the game so much to make it run on those might have pissed off the console manufactuers

Them being quiet is the best thing they can do now. The damage is done, its a forever meme, when they announce Witcher 4, people will be posting memes of Cyberpunk glitches and might even have way less pre orders. The game was an EPIC fail publicly. They tried reaching out soon after the disaster and all they did was make it worse by posting a "patch" timeline map and then completely abandoning it. They really should keep quiet like Hello Games and just put out big updates with improvements.

If thats even possible with their engine, they either suck at optimizing or just made a game not fit even for PS5/XsX. The fact people barely talk about CP2077 is a godsend to them so they can either give it up and just move on to the next project or they can drop a surprise. Me, im waiting till this game is $10 on sale or used copy. So much crap about it I went from uber hype, replaying Witcher all over again to....i couldn't care less for this game.

Mozzarella

I think its simply time to move on from Cyberpunk 2077 and probably even from CDPR.
I enjoyed Witcher 2, played it and Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games, i was very excited for Cyberpunk, pre-ordered it, played it on release and it was decent game, i expected it to be one of the best games of the gen, but i had in my mind that its find if its even not good as Witcher 3, its fine if its just a good game, it fell a bit below that. To give further detail, At the E3 first trailer i was disappointed in the reveal trailer because i thought it looked too much like GTA, it was too bright, too edgy and too much action in it, that i didnt feel like RPG or like Sci-Fi Cyberpunk (something like Ghost in the Shell or Blade Runner in terms of atmosphere). At that point in time i was telling people its going to be mediocre game.
Forward to August at that year and we all saw the gameplay footage, its that mission called "The Pickup" And my god that video excited me..My expectation went from a mediocre game to an excellent GOTY material game, more trailers were released, more details, more hype and i expected it to be one of the best of the gen. I dont know if i wrote it here but i predicted a 96 or 97 metacritic score for PC.
Anyway near the release there was controversy and i hoped Cyberpunk would turn out to be one of the best games to spite the haters but alas, the game shit the bed. I was find if its even 8/10 in my book. But it turned out to be worse, I played it and i enjoyed it but at the end i felt it was one of those 3/5 games, 6/10 in other words. It was just decent.

Fast forward few months after i finished it (i finished it in Feb, so around June) and the updates they released were all underwhelming, it took them so much time to release that, some of the devs while being nice people are just acting like its fine or like its deep enough etc etc.. I didnt like that, also as i said the updates and patches didnt do enough work, the DLC outfit looked awful, the PR is not looking good either, despite that i kept waiting for the miracle comeback, after the final patch 1.3, the one we waited months was released i knew its just not coming, even with the expansions i dont expect this game to be what i thought it would be anymore.
Maybe i was influenced by the good business model CDPR put out in the period of 2010-2020, they were really good devs, they gave free stuff, made good games, released top tier expansions, good communication etc...etc. But now i'm not even sure they are that good anymore, every Devs will have their golden age, it seems CDPR days are over just like Bioware and Bethesda and Konami and Squaresoft, and soon maybe Fromsoft. Its fine because they made good games.
I used to watch the news or twitter about them, i still do occasionally but at a way less frequent, since i dont care that much anymore, yeah..thats why i think its time to move on from these devs, just dont wait or expect anything from them, when they release stuff, check it out, if it turns out to be exciting then try it, otherwise dont exhaust yourself too much over their work, they are not that great anymore, probably never were, who knows maybe they are OTP, or maybe they hit a home run, some people do.
In the end the devs will always be left with their fans, so dont worry about them, they just simply lost that high status they earned.
Cyberpunk has many issues and the problem is that as the time goes by the issues will only grow worse, the only exception is if they match it with new releases.
Witcher 3 in 2015 was loved by many people, around 2017 it peaked, it was the gold standard the god tier game, now in 2021 i hear every day about how its overrated and the usual combat complains, movement and maybe with more few years maybe they will complain about other things, its like that with games, as time goes more issues will appear.

Anyway, sorry for the pointless text lol, what i wanted to say is that, i think its time to move on from this game and this dev and simply wait for a big release to revisit it or talk about it. Me personally will give CDPR another chance in their next game but i will not pre-order, but i will allow myself to get hyped for it, after that if it turns out to be disappointing then it will be the time to treat their next games as exciting as Ubisoft or Bioware which means none.

Ryu Kaiba

The writing was on the wall. All the delays, their mention that they were delaying to work on the last gen console versions that no one had yet seen.
It's a shame, I truly love the setting and was mostly excited just to wander around in it. Would hate to see CDProjektRed or any other studio avoid the Cyberpunk theme due to the harsh reception this game received.

And Yes they should absolutely keep their mouths shut until they have big announcements, too many people have nothing but venom to spew so they should just focus on their "No Man's Sky" return rather than constantly chattering and reminding people to trash them.

Last edited:
Given how tired I grew of shite controls in Witcher III and tedious game loops to then the clusterfuck of Cyberpunk I've given up on CDPR to be honest. They clearly don't build games for console, they're a PC developer. End of.

Oh FFS there won't be any No Man Sky type 'revival' with this developer. People need to stop hoping and praying for such a thing to happen. It's not gonna a happen.

The game could work as a linear or semi open world game. In fact they should have gone that direction because they were sure as shit not going to be besting the developers of GTA with 'next gen open world gameplay' which they led many to believe they would.

Not even fucking Rockstar could hit half of these next gen open world gameplay features CDPR were cheerleading before launch.
They've also taken on other projects while they have to fix this game so yeah common sense would have you they're not going to full fill any of the promises or features that was supposed to make it to the final game. They might be able to add some of them but certainly not the kind of game they got everyone hyped for.

V4skunk

Banned

…..Because there is so much cool shit in this game, but fuck its just not there yet. It sucks for not only us who bought the game on consoles (if i had a pc i’d buy it there), but also for the dev team who are still toiling away on this game almost a year after launch.

Alot of people tend to assume that those who have given this game and cd projekt a hard time are haters. But for me, thats so far from the truth. As ive said, there is a lot of great stuff in cyberpunk. The combat is fun, the weapons feel great. On pc, it looks amazing (from what i’ve seen on youtube) and night city is such a cool fucking enviroment.

But where it falls apart is that we are almost a year past launch. The city looks amazing, why the fuck is it so lifeless? The next gen versions are no where to be seen. They are still bug fixing as if the game should have actually come out late this year or next year instead of 2020, on top of that, They removed the open ended rpg fantasy in favor of a linear story starring john wick.

I’ve given up hope on a big no mans sky like overhaul, but i wish they would at least give us more updates. Updates on where the next gen ports are, how the expansions are coming along, ect…

Also the ceo of the company should be stepping out to give those updates. Not forcing developers out on stream who are getting abused by the community for doing the best they can with the shit sandwich they’ve been served. (End rant)

i want cyberpunk to be amazing. Its frustrating because it flies so close to the sun at times, just to crash and burn right away.

The last time i felt this burnt by a game that should have been great was the master chief collection in 2014. It took them nearly 5 years to fix that but they did and its everything it should have been at launch now, and more. Its fucking awesome. It wouldnt be ideal for cdpr to take that long to make cyberpunk great, but id love to be able say the same thing about cyberpunk in 5 years
You are playing last gen CP2077 on next gen console.

Cyberpunk is an absolutely incredible game, top to bottom. It just has some little issues here and there, but I come from an era of gaming where our games weren't always the most polished or perfect and we made do. Some things are harder to deal with than others, but I confidently say right now as much as I did back when this game released, Cyberpunk is one of the best feeling games I've ever played during combat. It is so fucking good, and the story was just great. I think if they really go balls to the wall on next gen consoles they can really do a lot to getting their reputation back on track.

pqueue

I've played this game for 200 hours and I know that half your complaints are generated by your not playing it as much, or as enthusiastically, as I did. It's a weird feeling. I can't change your take but this game is a totally servicable, finished game if you just take it as it is and not waste everybody's time wondering why they don't have ground breaking citizen AI. Before it released, I expected it to be a Cyberpunk life sim. I immediately saw that it wasn't, and changed my expectations. I've loved this game.

what a bullshit comment. you make that statement as if the issues plaguing every version of the game are the same. Just because you r version and your particular playthrough was relatively without issue does not mean others on different platforms are not having a shit-ton of issues.

but you literally ran with "user error" as your blame-game.

Last edited:
I played it on the Series X at launch, and had a great time with it. Only one game breaking bug and the rest were minor bugs, that didn't bother me. Performace was good, and I really enjoyed the gameplay. It was fun for what it was. CDPR deserved the shit storm they got, but that doesn't change the fact that fro me this was the best game of 2020.

I can relate to the underwhelmed feelings. I stopped playing it, and intended to just wait until the game was in much better shape to continue, but never got back around to it.

A month or so ago, I came across a video on YT that compared CP2077 to No Man's Sky. How they both failed at launch, the creators largely going silent while they went about fixing their games. Hello Games went silent while they ironed out NMS, but I believe the reason that tactic worked so well was because they were looking at a 6-8 month time frame. CDPR tried the same trick, only it's been fairly obvious for awhile now that their time frame is significantly longer. That's if they're actually able to eventually get it up to snuff on last gen consoles.

Which ultimately begs the question. At what point does CDPR throw it's hands up and admit defeat on getting it running properly on last gen consoles? In a way, CDPR was blessed by the chip shortages, as it slows down the general transition from last gen to this one. At the same time, at some point they're eventually going to be ice skating uphill. No matter what condition they eventually end up getting the game at. It may not really matter, as the ship will have sailed at that point. If they miraculously released an update two weeks from now that largely fixed the issues. Would the game suddenly start flying off shelves? At this point they've likely lost out on much of the revenue they expected to get from post release dlc and expansions. By the time that stuff gets rolling, the playerbase might already be gone by that point, having given up on waiting.

It also doesn't help that the more time passes since release, the less and less impressive the game will appear regardless of the condition. We're not too far from the point when games will start releasing regularly that were made specifically for the current gen consoles. While CP2077 might've been a sight to behold in 2020... It might not hold up well in 2022.

I don't expect anything from CDPR. It's up to the modding community now.

Performance wise I think the game is fine "as long as you dont play on the base console hardware". The game has alot of stuff going for it CDPR built the game around the RTX 3000s line and the next gen consoles with the one X and pro being the cut off point. What i mean by that is that the fact that the base consoles can even boot the game is a feat in a way cyberpunk is this gens "crysis 1 or far cry 2" both of those games were built as a benchmark for graphics and physics. Cyberpunk was built as a game that using ray tracing and other new technology and built a game around that consoles dont have games that push what crysis 1 or Deus ex did for pc. Most console impressive titles only push for surface level things like graphics yea ND games look great but there all on rails with tons of invisible walls and no backtracking. Horizon zero dawn is a nice looking game with good monsters but how many enemies are on screen at one time maybe 5 and then nothing else is in the back ground. in cyberpunk what ever traffic or anything else that is in the area is render along with everything else GTA4 did the same thing on the ps3 and 360 and that game especially on the ps3 struggled to even hit 30 fps when there was alot of stuff going on at the same time. Consoles weren't built for immersive sims, highly physic based games, or anything that requires massive amount of gpu,cpu and ram power like a star citizen or any korean mmo.

Tschumi

what a bullshit comment. you make that statement as if the issues plaguing every version of the game are the same. Just because you r version and your particular playthrough was relatively without issue does not mean others on different platforms are not having a shit-ton of issues.

but you literally ran with "user error" as your blame-game.
Ps4 pro and PC, both

ps4 crashed regularly, didn't give a fuck. i come from a time when games were far less stable, i can handle a few crashes lol

ps. my comment was talking about the game, its content, the gameplay, i didn't expend a single syllable on platform stability, that's all you skidmark

Last edited:

LimanimaPT

Did they promise improvements, or people don't want to admit that the game is what is is?

Spaceman292

Banned

Seven paragraphs and the only negative thing you could come up with was some vague idea about the city being lifeless. What does that even mean?

I played it on the Series X at launch, and had a great time with it. Only one game breaking bug and the rest were minor bugs, that didn't bother me. Performace was good, and I really enjoyed the gameplay. It was fun for what it was. CDPR deserved the shit storm they got, but that doesn't change the fact that fro me this was the best game of 2020.

I second this right alongside Yakuza: Like A Dragon. Cyberpunk is right up there as perhaps the best game of 2020 for me.

Barakov

I played it for over 40 hours on PC and I felt I got my moneys worth despite the bugs. I'm waiting till thing is all patched up and dlc to come out before reinstalling.

Tschumi

Did they promise improvements, or people don't want to admit that the game is what is is?
interesting question, i think the implication is they'll make expansions (like the witcher 3 expacks) and that these will drastically buff the experience... people thinking a regular patch is going to add in a dictionary-full of features seem a tad optimistic to me

Sybrix

This is the reason I haven’t brought Cyberpunk yet.

I remember getting the MCC on Xbox One at launch and being so disappointed because it was so broken.

As you say, the MCC is perfect now and an amazing collection of games and what it should have been at launch, albeit 5 years later.

I can see Cyberpunk going down this road, CD Projeckt have to. If they don’t get this game to a decent state, the trust gamers have for them will disappear

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I liked the 20+ hours I played and I will go back for more once they release the upgrade and all the bugs have been fixed. I also hope to continue playing this game on the next Xbox.

Shut0wen

Im sure i read a week ago that they are dedicated to fixing the game and wanting to reach 19 million sales with expansions and fixing the game, personally i reckon they will work 3 years tops fixing and adding shit while keeping quiet, you forget this happened to MCC and no mans sky

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Well doesn't series X just play the xbox one x version? So in effect the next gen versions has yet to launch?

Well that said, with all the issues everyone has had I have yet to touch it. Likely a good spot to jump in will be 6 months after the next gen version launches.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Cyberpunk is an absolutely incredible game, top to bottom. It just has some little issues here and there, but I come from an era of gaming where our games weren't always the most polished or perfect and we made do. Some things are harder to deal with than others, but I confidently say right now as much as I did back when this game released, Cyberpunk is one of the best feeling games I've ever played during combat. It is so fucking good, and the story was just great. I think if they really go balls to the wall on next gen consoles they can really do a lot to getting their reputation back on track.
Im really glad you enjoyed it!

ive played about 50 hrs, and there is just so much thats cool about the game, that i hope ill be able to say the same thing soon. Your right, as ive said the combat is fun! I really cant wait to try this game with proper series x enhancements

I still have my launch ps4 and Xbox copies sealed and waiting to be ripped open when we get a PS5/series X patch. My friends who played it, loved it.

SJRB

Gold Member
rogue-one-verge-of-greatness.gif

Cock-up of the century. They were on to something incredible but fumbled it by punching way above their weight class. With zero experience making an urban open world game and yet having ambitions that surpass even Rockstar was folly from the start.

The game has moments of brilliance and the quality of the visual designers cannot be overstated because they delivered an incredible achievement. But my god is it frustrating to play, especially because you can feel how fucking close they were to making a great game.

I've completed it twice now and definitely had a good time. The core game is brilliant imo but the sandbox is totally broken to the point it is worthless.

The problem is that they tried to do a Rockstar level sandbox but only really dipped their toe in so practically nothing works like it should. It is so easy to make meme clips of stuff looking hilariously broken which is surely not good for business.

Look at any of the big PS4 open world games (Spiderman, GoT, Horizon, Days Gone) and within half an hour it's obvious that there is no real sandbox. NPCs are either no-clip or hidden in parts where your weapons are disabled. There is definitely a lot to be said for just not allowing any sandbox rather than half arsing especially when you don't have Rockstar level budgets it as it allows you to polish everything else.

I dont feel lied to, or ignored. I love the communication and transparency from them since the delay last year. That is what cd projekt red should be doing
If you read through some of the transcripts from the investor calls at CDPR, you would see that the management has still been lying to their own investors. They claimed that they didn't know the extent of the bug issues on consoles before launch, yet the facts prove otherwise. We know now that they did know exactly how bad the problems were, and the fact that they didn't send out review codes for consoles is pretty damning evidence, in addition to the leaked bug footage.

In short, even if you don't "feel lied to", you have been lied to, and they haven't said anything accurate post launch either.

WitchHunter

Oh, shit man, I can't stop laughing. Dis fucking whining is something like:

I have this beautiful, sharp, witty, sex goddess lying next to me in the bed. An absolute stunner in every way, but I have noticed the tiny hairs on her leg, and now I can't get it out of my head and I'm forever ruined.

: DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

What you need my friend is some proper work in the mines.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
I, for one, am eagerly awaiting new content. Played the game for months on both PS4 Pro, PS5 and PC. Had a blast roleplaying 4 different characters, explored all sorts of gameplay styles. I would pay good money for yearly story packs with different RPG adventures in the city.

rob305

I played it at launch on the Series X and had a great time, thought the game was really really good. Will be doing another playthrough when the nextgen versions are out.

I think the issues are overblown (unless if youre playing on last-gen systems or shitty PC). I didnt encounter any game breaking bugs and the game had more content than I could handle. If youre complaining about lack of content or lack of 'cool shit' in this game you have to complain about it in 90% of the games out there

Jack Uzi

Banned

Currently watching this about CP2077 as it happens. Get past his silly ad for something in the beginning and it’s a solid video showing the downgrades and the lies in their promises and how they even removed a graphical feature from the PC version at a point.

Rikkori

Imo the biggest issue for CP2077 is that people have mismatched expectations with what it actually is. What's more baffling to me is people who say they loved Witcher 3 & wanted a Cyberpunk Witcher game but then turn around and hate on the game. Like huh? This is basically an expanded Witcher 3, Cyberpunk-themed, but with better progression, combat & overall gameplay. The focus is on story & atmosphere, with everything else secondary. If you like that kind of an open world game then this is as good as it gets currently. If you want more "emergent" gameplay then it's not here, and unlikely to ever see it from CDPR (which they've explicitly said), and currently not seen much at all from anyone.

For people who want "better A.I", yeah, that's not going to happen and imo no open world game really solved the problem of "lifelessness" because if you peek even a little bit behind the curtain everything falls apart. For me the closest a game got to solving this issue is Kingdom Come Deliverance due to there being an actual training-period required that then translated into gameplay & it had proper consequence & play rather than the shitty "mission failed, restart" that's more common, but for people who want to jump on and say RDR2 immediately - lol, even there you can see very clearly the limitations and routines, and the lack of proper interactivity with the world & NPCs. Fundamentally you cannot actually interact & change the world, even on a little level, so all the "hello mister"s in the world won't compensate for how gated the interactions really are.

The only game currently trying to tackle this issue, and it's still requiring multiplayer assistance, is Star Citizen, but that's been in development for years & years and still has more to go. People just don't understand how complicated it is to make a game doing A.I. right in a complex world and adding more complexity can very quickly break things. And sure, with PS4/XB1 you had no hope of doing that anyway because the CPUs were utter trash but even today for new consoles the amount of work & risk involved is just staggering. So I don't know if people should really expect that much even for this generation. The real breakthroughs will have to come through A.I. assistance and that's just not something that will happen overnight.

J Jack Uzi Any talk of Cyberpunk being downgraded is pure bullshit. The exact opposite happened.

PS: For the people who think the game is not optimised - completely false. The game is very well optimised but it is demanding. It still looks great at lower settings (see below) and really the main thing you have to worry about is having a decent CPU (4c8t). Even with a GTX 970 you can absolutely lock a solid 30 fps in 1080p with quality settings or enable dynamic res and do 60 fps (see further down below). Hell even a HANDHELD can do pretty stable 30 fps low settings (Aya Neo) - what more do you want? It's still a AAA open world game after all. Not meant for integrated intel graphics from 5 years ago. The game utilises any extra hardware grunt you give it very well - which is the most you can ask for from any game and not generally the case (see Ubisoft Anvil engine games).

szyt909n46561.png
6l89xlgpfa961.png

e4qlcigpfa961.png
r9qtsfrtsc661.png

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
ama still holding out hope against hope that when they release the proper next gen versions we get what we should've gotten all along, the world is there, the engine is getting patched and worked on and they obviously had big GTAO plans for this thing so its not like they're gonna abandon it

Jack Uzi

Banned
Rikkori Rikkori you can’t come at it from a PC perspective and say the downgrades are overblown when the game is empty on PS4/5 now. That’s a major downgrade, barely any cars or peds on the streets now.

Flabagast

I've completed it twice now and definitely had a good time. The core game is brilliant imo but the sandbox is totally broken to the point it is worthless.

The problem is that they tried to do a Rockstar level sandbox but only really dipped their toe in so practically nothing works like it should. It is so easy to make meme clips of stuff looking hilariously broken which is surely not good for business.

Look at any of the big PS4 open world games (Spiderman, GoT, Horizon, Days Gone) and within half an hour it's obvious that there is no real sandbox. NPCs are either no-clip or hidden in parts where your weapons are disabled. There is definitely a lot to be said for just not allowing any sandbox rather than half arsing especially when you don't have Rockstar level budgets it as it allows you to polish everything else.
I think you have a really good point here. In truth all sony open worlds are even more "lifeless" than CP77 (in the sense that practically nothing is reactive, interactive or emergent and everything is window-dressing) but they do a much better job hiding it somehow, so the experience they deliver feels much more consistent and polished overall.

That say, I deeply loved Cyberpunk and think that this game is more interesting and magnificent that 99% of current AAA production, including sony open worlds. It is like the ultimate eurojank game, with all the ultra high greatness it can deliver.

JumpMan1981

Banned

I don't think the game will ever really be "fixed" because the truth is they promised something they were never going to be able to provide and continued to market the game in a form that basically didn't exist.

What they should have done was not make so many bold promises when they game was still early in development.

Wasn't there a thing where it finally came out that Anthem had been developed in such a short space of time after loads of delays at the design stages? I wouldn't be surprised to find that something similar had happened here. The game feels rushed.

Combat is fun. The world is interesting. The voice acting is pretty great. The story is pretty good.
What they probably should have done is just scrap the open world idea and get rid of the promise of branching paths etc.
The approach could be similar to Dishonored or Deathloop or even Shadow of War. The game wouldn't actually be open world but could have smaller open areas.

I think the game was mostly disappointing because right up until launch CDPR and all their paid "influencers" were still pushing this thing as one of the most important videogame releases of all time. People on YouTube who had played parts of the game 100% knew what the game was like and still went along with the company line.

If around holiday 2019 CDPR had just come out and said that the game wouldn't be the massive open world sandbox that was promised then maybe things could have gone differently.

Their ambition was too much and when it became clear they would not match that ambition they just decided to plow ahead anyway.

Top Bottom