• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk hotfix 1.05 is out for PlayStation, Xbox and PC

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Very little noticeable loss on DLSS quality mode. Other modes (i.e. performance) make the game look rough though. I don't recommend it if you don't have to.
Thanks man. I've been seeing comparisons on youtube but with it's compressiom it's hard to notice the difference there.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It actually alright now on Xbox a couple more patch and it will be fine lol Playstation overreacted by removing it instead of just putting a disclaimer like Xbox did.
I wanted to say this in the other thread, but i think this has more to do with Sony's awful customer service and return policy than cyberpunk being bad at launch. sony does not like offering refunds. they dont even allow you to return preorders on PSN. you have to call and beg them. if you accidently bought a game and havent played it for a single second, they wont offer you a refund if it started downloading even though they have tools to see how much time you have spent playing the game. they are also very short on staff and make everyone wait hours.

Sony is a great company when it comes to making hardware and even software now that their first party studios are kicking ass, but they are still stuck in the dark ages of the 80s and 90s where customers are treated poorly like we are scum who are just trying to rip them off.

in short, they are pissed at cd project for forcing them to accept returns like normal companies would and are punishing them for it. this sets a bad precedent for sony (good for consumers) and sony is afraid they will have to start offering refunds more regularly.

ripeavocado

Banned
Ryzen5 3600x
2060s super 8gb
Running off my nvme
I am playing at 1080p. (I have a 4K EIZO for work but it is not meant for gaming).

I know what most of the settings mean but there is unique implementation in every single game, so for on example, my knowledge of ambient occlusion wouldn’t tell me that in this game there is barely any visible difference between a low and high AO setting in this game.

I am sure people were more informed about DLSS than me though, but I wasn’t using ‘quality’ and other settings were simply breaking visually.

you are playing an old gen game at 1080p in 2020 with a modern GPU.
Let that sink in.

Do you have stable 60fps at least?

Desaccorde

That's because the game has sharpening integrated for TAA but disables it for DLSS. Just enable sharpening for DLSS and it will look very comparable.

Exactly. I've been using Balanced DLSS with Nvidia Control Panel Sharpening option and quality loss is minimal to none comparing to Quality DLSS. Additional 10FPS is always welcomed since Quality DLSS is heavy on some areas even with an RTX 3080.

Kenpachii

what do you mean by shit? what gpu? much ram? ssd?

i have a 9900K OC'd to 5.1GHz and i'm playing at 1440p 60fps with these settings and DLSS at Balanced. RTX off cause it's broken for me. FOV at max. NPC density at High.

sBnY8bZ.jpg

I am just bitching about minimums, that market place this one

77c303c6a66f9870b644ccb106fc3052.jpg

Drops to lowest i saw 49 ( cpu limitation it seems ). Mostly everywhere else its about 70+ tho but that's a gpu limitation really as my 1080ti isn't really pulling its weight anymore in this game. U need DLSS to play this shit at max quality on 1080p even without raytracing.

Forsete

After update I can't find the hex string for AMD. Can that not be changed anymore?

That was fixed in the update.

[AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.

Last edited:
According to the Gamers Nexus video, there is significant run-to-run performance variation. So just comparing before or after a patch or settings change can give a misleading impression.
Yeah but this is same tod in an area with zero people running in a small circle. It's very consistent 54 fps avg and before patch doing it several times was very consistent 59 fps avg

Majukun

had the strangest bug today, passing under a bridge with a motorcycle, and only under that specific bridge, a T-posed ghost appeared over my character shoulders.

and it kept appearing every time i was under that bridge.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

Dont know but the game has a bit worse performance again on SeriesX. At least it feels like that. Have some random stutter now which wasnt there before

artsi

You two CDPR apologists acting like this wasn't a shit load of fixes in a single patch. And that the game isn't buggy as fuck.

Keep clowning yourselves lol

It's nothing special, just look at any random patch notes for RDR2.

Cyberpunk 1.05 = 84 rows
RDR2 1.03 = 135 rows

Tahj

On PC, via Steam, I still CTD when driving longer than abt 30 or 45 sec. This has happened in various vehicles, all over the city & Badlands, before & after 1.05. No stutters, frame drops, or freezing, just carefree as can be, & then boom, hi desktop (& then the 'You've flatlined' crash box from CDPR appears, I am submitting the crash report every time).

Currently running I-9 9900k, 16gb RAM, GTX 1070Ti, & M.2 SSD.

Other than this crash when driving, I've had very few issues compared to others, thankfully. Hopefully a fix comes soon. In the meantime, will continue to work that Athletics skill :p

TheContact

did they despawn dum dum? my friend is having an issue returning to him for a quest
also 1.50 seemed to bug some things out on the PC for me--I can't pick up every "journal" entry or whatever they're called. some of them don't offer a prompt when hovering over it.

RyRy93

PS4 Pro on 1.05, a crash and a frozen menu screen meant I had to close the game twice in a couple of hours, frame rate seems as rough as ever.

regawdless

Banned
PC. With my fucking 1GB cable connection on GoG, loading for 7hrs. 92%. Of the 43GB. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Chabbles

On PS4 Pro here. 1.5 has messed up my game pretty badly. Theres now zero traffic or pedestrians within about a 200 meter radius of the character. When i zoom into the distance i can see alot of traffic movement, as i walk towards it it disappears, if i walk backwards it reappears.. like an invisible radius around the character and traffic cant enter it.. and it was very playable for me on 1.4

On PS4 Pro here. 1.5 has messed up my game pretty badly. Theres now zero traffic or pedestrians within about a 200 meter radius of the character. When i zoom into the distance i can see alot of traffic movement, as i walk towards it it disappears, if i walk backwards it reappears.. like an invisible radius around the character and traffic cant enter it.. and it was very playable for me on 1.4

But PS5 owners have been bragging about nearly 60 locked frames per second even though it was pointed out the version had less cars and people.

Perhaps the devs heard them lot and removed the traffic and pedestrians to get that extra 1fps

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
Has anyone noticed more hiccups on XboxSer X ? I made sure I was in performance mode and rebooted the xbox....

Performance seems a lot worst ...

hemo memo

Gold Member

January patch it is then.

Mikey Jr.

I haven't even opened up my copy yet on PS5.

I'm still plugging away at miles and trails of cold steel 4.

I was gonna pop it in after beating miles......but at this point, I think I'll wait for at least that big Jan patch.

I kinda wanna hold off until that PS5 upgrade, but god only knows when thats gonna be. Clearly these fucking bugs are priority so that upgrade is probably getting pushed.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

That is bad, even lower pedestrian counts... It must be hell at CDPR right now... rushing patches for a huge game with a weary tired and stressed out workforce is recipe for disaster... frankly astounded the patches are even as solid as they are.

Playing it on PS5:

1.04 > 1.05

Do not update, if I could I would go back to 1.04 but it's too late for me.

Playing on Pro but it seems better than it was. Feels like the framerate is more stable (still not very stable tho) and less blurry (although I could just be getting used to how it looks).

I will say this game still crashed like a mother fucker though. Played for about 5 hours yesterday and had 4 crashes.

Shifty1897

• Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

This is my favorite patch note ever.

V4skunk

Banned
I am just bitching about minimums, that market place this one

77c303c6a66f9870b644ccb106fc3052.jpg

Drops to lowest i saw 49 ( cpu limitation it seems ). Mostly everywhere else its about 70+ tho but that's a gpu limitation really as my 1080ti isn't really pulling its weight anymore in this game. U need DLSS to play this shit at max quality on 1080p even without raytracing.
I have a 2600k OC @ 5.0ghz, 16gb RAM and 2080TI.
Running in 1080P all ultra/psycho, RT on and no DLSS. I locked to 60fps because 60hz monitor, get small drops below 60fps when im driving about in the rain at night.
Overall i'm pleased at the performance and it will only get better with new patches and better gpu drivers.

Last edited:

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, cdpr isn't going to slowdown patching the Ps version.

The Ps version getting put back up on the store is hinged on getting the Ps version to a decent shape.

Theyll have to recert again through Sony, and this time sie is going to magnify glass that shit.

Taking the game off a second time would be a massive blunder for Sony. Taking it off once looked bad on them, they ain't gonna do that shit a second time.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Yeah, cdpr isn't going to slowdown patching the Ps version.

The Ps version getting put back up on the store is hinged on getting the Ps version to a decent shape.

Theyll have to recert again through Sony, and this time sie is going to magnify glass that shit.

Taking the game off a second time would be a massive blunder for Sony. Taking it off once looked bad on them, they ain't gonna do that shit a second time.
It didn't really look bad on Sony. Their reasoning was simple:

aX9Qpcd.jpg

CDPR owns the shit trophy for this debacle.

Mikey Jr.

It didn't really look bad on Sony. Their reasoning was simple:

aX9Qpcd.jpg

CDPR owns the shit trophy for this debacle.

I dunno man.

Cdpr gave Sony that shit version, and without that day 1 patch even, and Sony was like "yeah, that's good enough".

They should have been like "no, I'm sorry. This is unacceptable".
But they gave cdpr a pass on the "promise" that the day 1 patch would fix everything.

It didn't.

Sony's cert process failed.

Chabbles

This is the traffic bug im experiencing all over the map. They must have heavily cut back on the very near traffic. (and that video is on 1.4)

Last edited:

MadYarpen

This is the traffic bug im experiencing all over the map. They must have heavily cut back on the very near traffic. (and that video is on 1.4)

I think it is just some terrible technical solution. It happens also on pc with mix of high and ultra settings, so by no means it's exclusive to consoles.

I think the cars in the distance are just a 2d texture rolling on the roads. From far away it looks okayish, although when you look down at the city from the hills and zoom in it is rather bad. For example they are not source of light so at night it's very visible.

If you get to close they disappear and nothing is loaded instead. It's worst in the badlands. Don't know if it is bug, or just poor design / programming / another shortcut to the release date...

Chabbles

I think it is just some terrible technical solution. It happens also on pc with mix of high and ultra settings, so by no means it's exclusive to consoles.

I think the cars in the distance are just a 2d texture rolling on the roads. From far away it looks okayish, although when you look down at the city from the hills and zoom in it is rather bad. For example they are not source of light so at night it's very visible.

If you get to close they disappear and nothing is loaded instead. It's worst in the badlands. Don't know if it is bug, or just poor design / programming / another shortcut to the release date...

Yeah, but it can happen fairly close, and its a real immersion killer. specially at night with all the disappearing headlights.

Heres another video showing it on PC

vpance

Despawning cars before the player can get close...

Looking forward to their presentation on this at GDC.

MadYarpen

Yeah, but it can happen fairly close, and its a real immersion killer. specially at night with all the disappearing headlights.

Heres another video showing it on PC

Yes, it breaks immersion, I hate it. Didn't mean it is fine! I am just not sure it is a bug (bug would be a better thing actually).

And it doesn't make it any better that disappearing headlights are just .JPG whit flare effect. So no light but a flat image.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member

Don't think this is a bug, this is their solution to fake distanced traffic. But when you're in the Badlands you have a massive line of sight so it's SUPER easy to spot.

They simply don't have a "transition to actual render model" or anything so the looped objects just disappear.

It actually works pretty okay in the city where most of your sight is obscured, and gives the city a dense feeling. It's just moments like these in your video where it's just... disappointing.

Last edited:
Welp, finished the game and everything that I could do within my only current playthrough after 119.5 hours.

Booted up to test 1.05 patch and I really feel like the performance got worse, so I'm not gonna bother with a second playthrough until months later.

Loved the game deeply for its story, the bugs only began to annoy me much later in the game such as for missions like "Atomic Love" and "Walk the Line" where I faced quest breaking bugs that I either had to do look up online, or just straight up restart from before I even started the mission.

"Walk the Line" glitch is the worst. Did you guys know that the game does a bit of a reset each time you reload a save file? That shit breaks quest sometimes as you can find yourself locked out from progressing the quest because when you reloaded - the game thought you've passed the autosave checkpoint. Happened to me on that quest right before the end of it where I reloaded at the big fight before meeting the guy. Couldn't progress once I reloaded, every entrance closed up.

Sometimes, however, reloading saves a quest from breaking as characters that were missing from the quest would then be reset into place once reloaded.

Dumbest glitch that annoyed is the end to the "Beat the Brat" side quest storyline - just don't do the last fight until January or February patch, you'll be severely disappointed as the game bugs out once you win the fight.

I swear if CDPR didn't have pretty goddamn great quest line developers and writer, Cyberpunk 2077 would have been the worst game I've played all year.

Top Bottom