• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk hotfix 1.05 is out for PlayStation, Xbox and PC

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Me, waiting for the patch to release on PC & hoping that he fixes the crash I have in one of Judy's quest (the one with the Clouds)

giphy.gif

x@3f*oo_e!

Anyone else has the feeling it looks a lot less shitty on ps5 like the resolution is increased and the temp aa isn't total shit anymore?

They tweeked some of the post-processing I think might be that. (if the game is performing better then the dynamic resolution will stay at a higher res too .. [maybe])

Last edited:
For me, one of the worst thing visually with this game are all the artefacts created by the temp AA. On One S and PS4, it's very ugly.

Hugare

Seems that it starts to really improve on Xbox One S and One X

Wow

Resolution bump in the Series S is VERY noticeable

Also, +13 fps on the Base Xbox One

This proves what I was saying, that the "7 years old machines" arent to blame.

It was just shitty optimization

Even Digital Foundry saying that base consoles were underpowered and these versions should have been canceled was embarassing. They should know better.

Last edited:
Series S baby!

did it get a resolution bump?

performs pretty good, I like it.

Yeah, I have watched the video on my phone when I post it, I have seen after the Improvement at frame rate level, but on TV, that's clear that Series S is really improved in resolution. Series X is also improved in some scene no? I'm mistaking ?
For One S, the last part of video, that's night and day.

Last edited:

Woggleman

Wow

Even Digital Foundry saying that base consoles were underpowered and these versions should have been canceled was embarassing. They should know better.
Exactly. Hopefully this is a sign that they are starting to right the wrong. I am actually playing it and it is almost like night and day on One X.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Well depending on what hardware you are playing on there's a version of the game that's buggy but still pretty great, and there's a version of the game that's an even buggier, blurry, 720p, 20 fps (sometimes less) shit show.
So it makes sense reactions are different.

And yeah I know every game has different levels of performance depending on the hardware. But this is a case where the differences are way bigger than usual.

Yup. People on platform with those buggier, blurry 720p20fps doesn’t want to wait for the game to be great (since it will be many months if not years), because the game’s reputation has been tarnished on their platform, so they want the game to be dissociate as much as possible on their platform.

RPS37

Honestly, this doesn’t make me want to continue playing.
If anything, it seems like they’ve probably “barely scratched the surface” with the issues with this game.

McCheese

Still had 4 crashes today on PS4 Pro, one fucked up a mission and had to roll back to an older save.

Framerate still tanks too, especially in large gun fights.

Really hasn't been improved much since launch day other than quest fixes.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Looking forward to the PC patch as I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I haven't gone back to Series X as I've decided to wait for the next gen patch there.

Hugare

+10 fps on the Xbox One

This proves that it was shitty optimization all along, not the hardware.

Embarassing to see so many people saying that it was the hardware's fault, even DF

Resolution bump in Series S was very noticeable. One X now runs almost 30 fps locked.

Performance in PS4 seems to be the same, but it looks sharper. Maybe some optimization from the Xbox will come to PS4 on another patch.

My god, looking at the list of issues, yet people had the nerve to pretend NOHTING was wrong with the game?
I take it you don't check out patch notes of other games? This is pat for the course on most open world and rpg games. These aren't linear shooters or fPS arenas.

Hugare

HDR still looks like shit here (PS4)

Maybe this is one of those fixes that come first for the Xbox?

Anyone can confirm?

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Tons of devs have released broke ass games without offering refunds or anything at all.

It’s hilarious that everyone was earlier this year applauding Microsoft purchasing Bethesda when Fallout 76 was just as big a shitshow. Bethesda was selling on their own platform and didn’t even bother with refunds. For another launch disaster there was Batman Arkham Knight which was so broken on PC they removed it from Steam shortly after release.

It’s amazing how people get selectively pissed off at some companies and give others a free ride.

Imo we should be applauding their refund policy and demanding it for other games. They want to make things right. That’s more then you can say for some studios
Just to be clear, offering a refund for an isolated game does not constitute a policy.

So apparently the fix was just for the XBox consoles, I've seen people complaining performance is worse on PS5 now and PS4 still crashes a lot?

well, the game still seeing mostly positive reviews on Steam right now indicate that most people on Steam is sharing your sentiment.

Yup nearly 200,000 positive reviews on steam. I myself have 109 hours in the game so far (on my second playthrough and can't wait to do a third). I really wish CD had just launched the fucking PC version now and left the console version cooking for another year or two. That would have made more commercial sense when you consider the PC version sold the best out of the 3 platforms. Now the rep the game has garnered from not being able to run on 7 year old hardware is gonna drag the whole game down. Ah well what is done is done.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow

All these game sites saying last gen systems were capped was due to them assuming 2077 is so sophisticated, there's nothing more that can really be done to boost Xbox One and PS4 OG to anything much better. What you see is what you get.

But ya, as this patch shows boosting Xbox One OG and also making One X FPS more solid, it shows these game editors know nothing.

ripeavocado

Banned
Digital Foundry has no idea what they are talking about, they just collect data and repeat technical words, non of them ever worked on games.

Last edited:

Bombolone

Gold Member
Neat stuff. CP2077 (PC) getting better and better.

• Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
I think if they open it up to the community in a big way, it could get them some brownie points.
Tools & Kits. Let the CP community (PC) help make it that much more.

JerC

Game won't even launch on PC after this patch. Just flatlines every time. Time to attempt another refund.

Digital Foundry has no idea what they are talking about, they just collect data and repeat technical words, non of them ever worked on games.
They have the best breakdowns whether they worked on games or not.

Their performance vs quality video helped me to get optimal settings. Game looks fucking incredible and runs really well thanks to them.

cebri.one

Seek times on HDD are horrible. When I get the new NVME it goes directly into there.

edit: It's been installing the patch for 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Game won't even launch on PC after this patch. Just flatlines every time. Time to attempt another refund.
Try to Verify Integrity of Game Files. I had to do this for the last Patch because some files were broken.

MMaRsu

Banned
Still too many bugs for me. Even on PC. I also don't think they deserve $60 for what they did.

Hmkk sure bud I can count the number of bugs on two hands in 70 hours on pc.. also its only their second open world game, graphically its beyond amazing, the story is great so far as are the characters. The gunplay is pretty damn decent as well

Guess you need to game to be perfection itself before you spend 60€ lmao

Top Bottom