• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk hotfix 1.05 is out for PlayStation, Xbox and PC

Romulus

I think people would have a right to complain if this was in development for 4 years. But 7?
Just the fact that this game will likely receive 5-10 huge patches before its playable on base consoles says everything. No way in hell you can defend this.

source.gif

Who got a hold of my work picture?

TheMan

Not gonna lie, I do feel bad for devs who at one point were hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel...
but instead it's gonna be crunch, crunch, and crunch some more. All for a game that's good but not even as good as WIII.

sertopico

I think people would have a right to complain if this was in development for 4 years. But 7?
Just the fact that this game will likely receive 5-10 huge patches before its playable on base consoles says everything. No way in hell you can defend this.
Development started in fact in 2016, not 2013. They were still working on TW3 and expansions at that time.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Not gonna lie, I do feel bad for devs who at one point were hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel...
but instead it's gonna be crunch, crunch, and crunch some more. All for a game that's good but not even as good as WIII.

I mean you have giving the dev the time like (Rockstar) and there is the extreme where if you don’t put a deadline they’ll never finish it (Ico team).

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
LOL this patch has introduced a new bug (PS4/5 version)
If I choose to play using HDR in the video settings I cannot get out of the settings screens back to game pressing circle....
I restarted the game and it stated that the personal settings were damaged and would be replaced with the default settings....

This is what happens when you are tired and forced to rush patches through in a super complex mega game. You risk making things worse.

Last edited:

Elios83

This is what happens when you are tired and forced to rush patches true in a super complex mega game. You risk making things worse.

Happens to me at work as well :messenger_grinning_sweat:

And btw HDR is still fucked up (I went into the settings to check just that for curiosity and I experienced the new bug).

Last edited:

Dynasty8

Happens to me at work as well :messenger_grinning_sweat:

And btw HDR is still fucked up (I went into the settings to check just that for curiosity and I experienced the new bug).

Yeah, I refuse to start the game on my Series X until at least HDR is fixed. HDR for me makes the biggest difference visually... It's night and day.

EDMIX

LOL this patch has introduced a new bug (PS4/5 version)
If I choose to play using HDR in the video settings I cannot get out of the settings screens back to game pressing circle....
I restarted the game and it stated that the personal settings were damaged and would be replaced with the default settings....

The fuck? lol!

Damn, I wanted to play with HDR on with the PS4 Pro too. I turned it off as it just wasn't working and I was reading that it can help with performance. Bruh....

They need that patch for the patch, aka...da patchy patch

Last edited:

Elios83

Ummm thanks for posting but I doubt it's true.
Probably they were referring to patches 1.04 and 1.05.
Today it's already 19 December and 1.05 was just released. I doubt a new patch will be released in a couple of days.
According to their schedule they won't work during the christmas holidays (and rightfully so) and there will be one big update in January and an other one in February.
So I wouldn't expect much before mid January. Let's see if things were changed by the removal of the game from PSN though.

Bragr

Banned
It wasn't in development for 7 years, that was just the announcement that they bought the license. It's been in development for about 3-4 years.

Fitzchiv

Tons of devs have released broke ass games without offering refunds or anything at all.

It’s hilarious that everyone was earlier this year applauding Microsoft purchasing Bethesda when Fallout 76 was just as big a shitshow. Bethesda was selling on their own platform and didn’t even bother with refunds. For another launch disaster there was Batman Arkham Knight which was so broken on PC they removed it from Steam shortly after release.

It’s amazing how people get selectively pissed off at some companies and give others a free ride.

Imo we should be applauding their refund policy and demanding it for other games. They want to make things right. That’s more then you can say for some studios

I hate what F76 stands for as a game but it's now apparently very playable and most of not all issues were ironed out long ago

It only started properly in the middle of 2016, the summer of 2016 and it was rebooted at least once

Its clear by the state the game launched in that it wasnt made in more than 18 months. This particular version. They probably scrapped and started multiple times.

x@3f*oo_e!

AVX is a powerful instruction set, wonder if removing it is going to result in more CPU power being needed overall to make up for its removal...

[hot take] AVX was a mistake (brought in from Larrabee so you know it). Using it causes the CPU to thermally throttle really quickly.

Any processor modern enough to have AVX will have plenty old fashion (256bit) SIMD to run the game (source : in my head)

x@3f*oo_e!

[edit] Do they mean they disabled avx256 not just avx512 (avx2) ??

wtf is going on over there ??

They disable multithreading (smt) on AMD processors and it's "working as intended", but it's ok on Intel. Hard to explain the reasoning behind this. Mental retardation works as one. Holy shit. This trainwreck just keeps giving.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
holy christ
the game was truly in Beta mode, THAT many fixes?

Now please just get the next gen version out. Take a break for the Holidays and release that shit asap in 2021

In that case Valhalla is in even worse shape. Here's what Ubisoft fixed just in the most recent patch that came out this week:

Added in-game support for the Settlement expansion and Yule Festival

• The Yule Festival is a time-limited event with several festivities to enjoy and rewards to obtain. To bring this and future festivals to life, you'll see the arrival of the revellers just east of the current settlement.
  • We’ll provide more details about the Settlement expansion and the Yule Festival in our upcoming Yule Season Preview article. Stay tuned. 😊
Miscellaneous

• Legendary animal trophies will now correctly appear in the Longhouse.
Balancing

• Tweaked the NPC power level behaviour.
    • NPCs power will now be at a maximum difference of 51 below the player.
    • NPCs that are 51 power below the player will be highlighted in green.
    • World bosses will match the player's power level when the power exceeds the world bosses’ base level. (also applies to: Alpha animals, Zealots)
    • This change applies to all difficulties.
  • Added loot-able chests to the Grand Magaester's hideout.
    • Note: This hideout is only available from a very specific moment in the game. Spoilers. :)
  • Addressed an issue where the Crit. Spark rune would not work when slotted into bows.
  • Addressed an issue where wrong weapon stats were displayed for specific items.
    • Royal Guard
    • Viper Bow
    • Death-Speaker
    • The Mark of Sol
    • Doppelhander
    • Hundtoth
Game improvements
Performance and Stability

• Improved stability and performance.
  • (PC) Addressed some freezes when performing specific actions for the first time.
  • (PC) Addressed an issue that could cause freezes during Splash Screen.
Graphics, Audio, Animation

• Addressed various graphics issues.
  • Addressed various character or NPC animation issues.
  • Addressed various clipping issues.
  • Addressed an issue where fish may lay on its side during the fishing animation.
  • Addressed an issue where some NPCs would cut the air instead of wheat. practice doesn’t always make perfect.
  • Addressed an issue where NPCs that are being assassinated while being unconscious would sometimes get up during the animation.
  • Addressed an issue where Mimir's head tattoo would not be displayed correctly.
  • Addressed an issue with jagged sea foam.
Quests, World Events, Side Activities

• Addressed an issue in A Sword-Shower in Anecastre where Aelfgar didn't move to the assault location.
  • Addressed an issue where players cannot complete Honor's Hubris.
    • Note: This fix will spawn Ljufvina again, reset her position, and restart the quest.
  • Addressed an issue that caused Tarben to follow Eivor everywhere when The Baker's Plaint wasn't completed. Your watch has ended, Tarben.
  • Addressed an issue where Fast Travel wouldn't be available under certain conditions when returning to England after completing the Hordafylke arc.
  • Addressed an issue where Allies would not help Eivor opening doors at the Isle of Ely Monastery. Team work makes the dream work!
  • Addressed an issue with the Settlement Anomaly's light beams that prevented players from completing the anomaly.
  • Addressed an issue in Well-Traveled where the objective would not update under certain circumstances.
  • Addressed an issue where Fenrir could get stuck underground.
  • Addressed an issue where Eivor would sometimes be levitating during Assault outros. No more Wingardium Leviosa for this one.
  • Addressed an issue in Defensive Measures where Jotuns would be able to pass through the shield after the Bring the Invaders into the Shield objective was completed. You shall not pass!
  • Addressed an issue in Brewing Rebellion where the cutscene wouldn't trigger when the door was opened by an NPC by accident.
  • Addressed an issue in The False Ealdormancy that prevented players from completing it under certain conditions. This Hunwald ain’t loyal...
  • Addressed an issue in Kingdom’s End where Guthrum doesn't leave the Hamptun Blockade area after releasing the prisoners or could randomly become inactive.
  • Addressed an issue in A Sword-Shower in Anecastre that prevented players from completing the quest.
  • Addressed an issue in The Goddess of Birth that prevented players from completing the event.
  • Addressed an issue in Glory Regained where players could become stuck on the platform with the horn.
  • Addressed an issue in View Above All where the quest objective would sometimes not update after closing the gates.
  • Addressed an issue in A Rivalry for the Ages where players couldn't complete the quest under certain circumstances.
  • Addressed an issue in The Boar with the Golden Nose where players couldn't complete a world event due to Lady Trotters not spawning.
  • Addressed an issue in Defensive Measures where players would die when returning to Asgard.
  • Addressed an issue in Cruel Destiny that prevented players from proceeding to the second phase of the boss fight. Quest name checks out.
  • Addressed an issue in Madness of the Stones that prevented players from proceeding with the quest.
  • Addressed an issue in Bleeding the Leech that prevented players from completing the quest.
  • Addressed an issue where Petra would run into the opposite direction of the Elk. See this, Petra?
  • Addressed an issue where players could sometimes not get back into the room with the Norns.
  • Addressed an issue in Giants of Fimbulwinter where Eivor could get stuck inside the quest area.
  • Addressed an issue in Smashing the Compass that prevented players from completing the quest.
  • Addressed an issue in War Weary where players couldn't re-enter the church under certain circumstances.
  • Addressed an issue in War of the Collectors where the world event wouldn't be completed under certain circumstances.
  • Addressed an issue in The Big Finish where the quest objective wouldn't update further.
  • Addressed an issue that prevented players from entering Skyrmir's Mitten in The Lost Cauldron.
  • Addressed an issue in Firing the Arrow where the quest objective would sometimes not update.
  • Addressed an issue where some players couldn't progress the game anymore upon reaching England after Title Update 1.0.4.
  • Addressed an issue with the SteinnBjorn encounter.
World

• Addressed various object or texture placement issues.
  • Addressed various instances where the player could become stuck on objects.
Gameplay, Combat, AI

• Addressed various NPC behavior/animation issues.
  • Addressed an issue that allowed players to shoot targets through walls (without using Piercing Shot).
  • Addressed an issue with spears not being effective to destroy windows.
  • Addressed an issue where the fishing hut kid was roaming Ravensthorpe instead of being at their house. You’re officially grounded.
  • Horses will now run away when being hurt with a torch.
  • Addressed an issue where Jotuns could sometimes warp into walls when shape shifting. Gidgud
  • Addressed an issue where monks would sometimes stand still and not perform their tasks.
  • Addressed an issue where hitting a horse with a Saxon boat will cause it to disappear when mounting it. Insert what.gif here
  • Sprint will now be interrupted by actions other than dodging.
  • Addressed an issue where Eivor would become invisible to AI detection when fast travelling during a dice game.
  • Addressed an issue where NPCs may randomly start pirouetting on a Saxon boat. Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Abilities, Perks, Skills

• Addressed an issue where players couldn't perform heavy attacks with Frostruin or Sinner Skull.
  • Addressed an issue where Frostruin's perk wouldn't activate even when conditions are met.
  • Addressed instances where players were able to open barred doors with the Dive of the Valkyries ability.
  • Addressed an issue where the Level 2 Incendiary Power Trap couldn't be detonated a second time when the first trap was set off by an NPC.
  • Addressed an issue where Man's Best Friend wouldn't deal any damage to Zealots in some instances. Good boi.
  • Largely increased Mastery Points cap.
User Interface / HUD

• Addressed various UI/HUD issues.
  • Addressed various localization issues.
  • Items that are part of a bundle in the Animus Store will now show the corresponding items in the Details Page.
  • Addressed an issue where players could sometimes lose weapons when performing a dual weapon swap.
  • Tweaked Reda's Informer icon to make it appear smaller.
  • Changed Adrenaline Fiend icon to make it more distinguishable from Adrenaline upgrades.
  • Torches/oil jars can now be dropped/put on the ground with Y/Triangle.
  • Addressed an issue that allowed players to get the beggar reward several times.
  • Addressed an issue where stats wouldn't update after leaving offline mode.
  • Addressed an issue where players couldn't interact with Reda anymore.
  • Added "OFF" to Quick-Time-Event Input type in the menu. (Turning this option off will allow the game to bypass mashing actions during some boss encounters)
  • Addressed an issue with Alpha Animals where players wouldn't be awarded the skill point when animals were not killed by the player.
  • Addressed an issue where Opals would not disappear from the map under certain conditions after collection.
  • Addressed an issue where Experienced Travelers would unlock locations for the wrong territory.
  • Addressed an issue where players wouldn't be able to create or load a manual save anymore.
  • Addressed an issue where Layla's laptop couldn't be navigated with Focused navigation.
  • Named Cloud saves appropriately.
    • Cloud saves will now be named Autosave/Manual/Episode Save CLOUD
  • Addressed an issue where Saves could be displayed as corrupt when saving when the internet connection is lost.
  • Addressed an issue on where the pathfinder setting resets to Custom after rebooting the game.
  • Addressed an issue on where cloud saves could disappear under certain conditions.
Photo Mode

• Addressed an issue where filters reset to no filter when adjusting other values in Photo Mode.
  • Addressed an issue where the Photo Mode camera could get stuck in objects.
  • Photo Mode Frames will now function correctly.
System

• (PC) Addressed an issue with the benchmark tool that caused the tool not to collect data for a moment after unpausing the session.
  • (PC) Addressed an issue where VRAM indicators did not correspond with actual VRAM consumption.
  • Reduced intensity and duration of the parry rumble. Controllers go brrrr.
  • (PS5) Addressed an issue on PlayStation®5 where the Season Pass wouldn’t be displayed as OWNED after purchase.

nowhat

So I'm experiencing (on a Pro) a new and quite consistent bug - whenever I exit a vehicle, it's like I'm encumbered (which I'm not) and walk at a snail's pace. This is easily rectifiable by going to the menu and back to the game, but it's still annoying. This game is still far from release-level quality.

R6Rider

Gold Member
So I'm experiencing (on a Pro) a new and quite consistent bug - whenever I exit a vehicle, it's like I'm encumbered (which I'm not) and walk at a snail's pace. This is easily rectifiable by going to the menu and back to the game, but it's still annoying. This game is still far from release-level quality.

This bug has happened since launch for me. It happens leaving dialogue and scripted events too.

Wow this game has really evolved into two factions - ones who absolutely hate it and ones who absolutely love it. Really weird.

Personally I’m sure the devs worked really hard on this. Out of their control that Mgmt pulled a dick move. I want the game to succeed as I think there’s something great underneath the lack of polish. Here’s hoping for more updates.
Honestly, I feel like the backlash has entered circlejerk territory now. I keep seeing "I haven't played it yet, but I watched a video and it sucks because......." type posts about it. I am playing it on a Series X and while it has crashed twice on me and there are small random bugs in a few missions that have caused me to reload, it is no less buggy than Watch Dogs Legion or AC: Valhalla has been for me. I'm also really enjoying the game (I must be in the "love it" camp). It is one of my favorite games of the year so far, and even though I keep telling myself to put it aside and wait for the next gen graphic upgrades to arrive, it is the game I can't stop thinking about and want to keep going back to. Now if I was playing on the base Xbox One console I'd probably be pissed, and I do agree that should have postponed those versions. It was shady how they had a review embargo on last gen versions.....

Seems that it starts to really improve on Xbox One S and One X

Huge improvement for just a Hotfix, and on all platforms. I think the game reception would have been better if they would have delayed the game 10 more days for this current patch.

I said it, I noticed noticeable boost in performance right away after playing it on base PS4.

x@3f*oo_e!

Seems that it starts to really improve on Xbox One S and One X

Wow framerate is literally doubled on XboxOne. Not abvious from youtube if there were any changes - maybe more aggressive resolution reduction , or maybe they just clicked the 'no drama' setting in the config file after generating even more launch publicity than they would have got if they'd released a functional game.

I suppose this makes XONE users happy about 720p+ 30fps performance .. kindof like taking away a dogs food and then making them happy when you give it back...

I suppose PS4 is similarly improved.

Woggleman

I was planning on waiting until I got a next gen console before jumping back in but I might just finish it after this patch.

You're right, I'm sorry if that sounded directed to you. It was meant to be directed at liminalcadet liminalcadet and anyone else spreading false information in the hopes of making one console appear inferior to the other. The guy went as far to imply the game is great on Series X AND S, yet basically unplayable on PS5.

But, you are right in that there are subtle differences in how the game runs even between Series X and PS5. It is just debatable which is better. And either way the differences between how it runs via BC on those machines are small.
I only mentioned PS5 as Sony took the game down from PSN completely. I thought it was broken on both. Sorry if I goofed.

Wow framerate is literally doubled on XboxOne. Not abvious from youtube if there were any changes - maybe more aggressive resolution reduction , or maybe they just clicked the 'no drama' setting in the config file after generating even more launch publicity than they would have got if they'd released a functional game.

I suppose this makes XONE users happy about 720p+ 30fps performance .. kindof like taking away a dogs food and then making them happy when you give it back...

I suppose PS4 is similarly improved.

It seems that in the video description the average resolution has increased on all plateforme. So if it the case on One S + the clear improvement at frame rate level, that's a really good step!

Edit: I think (and hope) it is the same on PS4

Last edited:

SSfox

Man i remember when Rockstar delayed RDR2 and a lot of people were whining "muh muh why you just don't release a game now MUUUUH MUUUUH". And to this day i'm sure those whining people still don't get it why Rockstar delayed RDR2 for 6 months twice.

That being said can't wait for 2021 big next gen update, give me that RT+60fps mode, PLS CDPR i know you can do it.

Top Bottom