• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk hotfix 1.05 is out for PlayStation, Xbox and PC

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Wow this game has really evolved into two factions - ones who absolutely hate it and ones who absolutely love it. Really weird.

Personally I’m sure the devs worked really hard on this. Out of their control that Mgmt pulled a dick move. I want the game to succeed as I think there’s something great underneath the lack of polish. Here’s hoping for more updates.

certain people are trying to bury the game because it perform worse on their platform, and they feel that it reflect badly of their platform of choice.

Rikku-X

This can’t be real.
As much as I liked playing the PS4 version on the PS5, they should really just cancel the last gen ones. I can't help but think it's going to be one step forward one step back. They should work on the SX, PS5 and PC. Come out with the SX and PS5 version, in say June. Working on the PS4 and xboxone is just going to push the next gen back and I don't think they will ever be really fixed.

Mahavastu

AVX is a powerful instruction set, wonder if removing it is going to result in more CPU power being needed overall to make up for its removal...
Of course it does.
Anyway, this seems to be no performance relevant part of the game, so it would not matter much.

I assume they wanted to get out the patch fast and such they removed the usage of AVX.
The correct way would be a switch, which avoids AVX for those processors without and uses it with the CPUs which have this feature. But that change would take longer, would need more testing and therefore would they would not be able to ship this change now and instead would have to wait until the patch in january.

Mokus

As much as I liked playing the PS4 version on the PS5, they should really just cancel the last gen ones. I can't help but think it's going to be one step forward one step back. They should work on the SX, PS5 and PC. Come out with the SX and PS5 version, in say June. Working on the PS4 and xboxone is just going to push the next gen back and I don't think they will ever be really fixed.
Right now, that's impossible. They sold way to many games. They could abandon it/stop supporting it, but that would be very damaging for their reputation.

My god, looking at the list of issues, yet people had the nerve to pretend NOHTING was wrong with the game?
Is this your first time looking at patch notes?

Edit: And I mean ACTUAL patch notes. Not vague "Various improvements" patch notes that you can view through the PS4 UI (and maybe Xbox, I don't know)

Last edited:
So many updates...

Anyway, at least they're trying to patch the game ASAP for more enjoyment on the consoles, but they are not quite there, and they've most likely left stuff out.

I went into the settings menu to configure a few things and it wouldn't let me exit. I switched from the DualSense to the DS4 and nothing.

I rebooted the game and was greeted with an error message. It said the "user settings data appear to be corrupted and cannot be loaded."

Seriously, CDPR, this is ridiculous.

Krisprolls

Banned
certain people are trying to bury the game because it perform worse on their platform, and they feel that it reflect badly of their platform of choice.

No, most people have legitimate complains against it even outside bugs and performance : open world is lifeless and bland (on PC too) due to braindead NPCs AI, and choices don't matter really, the quests stay roughly the same (on PC too), which makes it more of a linear action adventure game than a true RPG. That's without even talking about the tons of filler quests and the lack of balancing, with overpowered weapons making the game extremely easy, or the terrible UI.

But yes, the story and characters are great, so there are reasons to like the game too. I actually do.

It's just very divisive and it depends on what you focus on in the game... A masterpiece it is not, more of a flawed gem.

Last edited:

Fbh

Wow this game has really evolved into two factions - ones who absolutely hate it and ones who absolutely love it. Really weird.

Well depending on what hardware you are playing on there's a version of the game that's buggy but still pretty great, and there's a version of the game that's an even buggier, blurry, 720p, 20 fps (sometimes less) shit show.
So it makes sense reactions are different.

And yeah I know every game has different levels of performance depending on the hardware. But this is a case where the differences are way bigger than usual.

Last edited:
I don't get it. Ether you have a half-year delay or this. Gaf cried about delays so we got this.
Why do idiots still think the game launched because of people being pissed at delays?

CDPR shipped the game because of financial obligations and investors getting REALLY impatient. Delaying a project even further means sinking another few millions (of zloty I guess?) having to keep everyone around. Ship the game, fire everyone that isn't important anymore to cut costs, keep a small core to do patching and get sales in time for the financial reports to woo even more investors.

They [CDPR] fucked up because they judged the game to be playable and signed waivers during certification to meet standard by the deadline. They didn't.

EDMIX

The game has bugs but in my 70 hours on pc I can count them on two hands and Ive seen worse bugs in many Ubisoft and Bethesda games so I dunno man

Peoples is overreacting rn

With all the Youtubers I've seen that are literally unable to properly stream it on PC, I doubt its a overreaction.

Revolutionary Revolutionary Nah bud, for a game that many kept claiming didn't have theses issues, they seem to be trying to fix a shit load of stuff. Here is an example of Ghost Of Tsuhima's patches.

It wasn't out here with a fucking laundry list of fixes for issues on like 80% of the quest or something

Edit. Yet the videos he is showing of his issues are not fucking fake, you clearly can see cops spawning in the room with him, getting stuck in walls. Stop defending this shit show.

Last edited:
I doubt its a overreaction.
My dude, 99% of Angry Joe's content is overreaction for views.

Revolutionary Revolutionary Nah bud, for a game that many kept claiming didn't have theses issues, they seem to be trying to fix a shit load of stuff. Here is an example of Ghost Of Tsuhima's patches.

It wasn't out here with a fucking laundry list of fixes for issues on like 80% of the quest or something

So I was right, and this is the first time you've seen actual patch notes. Take another look at the link you provided, and you'll see their patch notes has generic "bug fixes" and "improvements" instead of actually listing what the fixes and improvements were, which is what ACTUAL patch notes would do.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Just noticed this

LOL
It was placebo? lol

In said in the thread that if the dev didn’t make a auto way to define these settings they were amateur.

I was crushed by PC lovers saying on PC you have these options to fix yourself the game lol

Last edited:

EDMIX

I mean, they're definitely putting fixes in, gotta give it to them for that.

Well they have to. We already paid for the fucking game.

CDPR: “coming when it’s ready”

Also CDPR: “we’d appreciate it if you gave us a chance”

So lets just pretend we didn't just pay for a product with the expectation of it actually working correctly?

Revolutionary Revolutionary Nah bud, I've seen many patch notes before, this game is simply fucking broken and many of you are triggered at this situation.. The patch notes are revealing just how fucked up this game actually is. (also put on the ignore list as it seems even with the developer admitting the issues, many are still trying to find any excuses to shill as if this is fucking normal for a game to have THIS many issues)

The irony of a CYBERPUNK game having a fanbase willing to defend corporations to the death should never be forgotten. Have a good one =)

Last edited:
I don't get it. Ether you have a half-year delay or this. Gaf cried about delays so we got this.
The people that complained about another delay are dumb. Personally, I thought it was insane when they delayed only to December. I was suspicious. I wish like anything they would have delayed to Marchish. It shouldn't have been on old gen and it's frustrating to see it as a half assed start to next gen.

Krisprolls

Banned
Well depending on what hardware you are playing on there's a version of the game that's buggy bit still pretty great, and there's a version of the game that's an even buggier, blurry, 720p, 20 fps (sometimes less) shit show.
So it makes sense reactions are different.

And yeah I know every game has different levels of performance depending on the hardware. But this is a case where the differences are way bigger than usual.

Sure the game runs like shit on base Xbox One (and to a lower degree on base PS4), but every version including PC has problems not linked to technical performance or bugs like the linearity, the NPC AIs, filler quests and complete lack of balancing. That, and the fact you choices barely matter, which is a big fault for a RPG.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
With all the Youtubers I've seen that are literally unable to properly stream it on PC, I doubt its a overreaction.

Edit. Yet the videos he is showing of his issues are not fucking fake, you clearly can see cops spawning in the room with him, getting stuck in walls. Stop defending this shit show.

Joe was playing the day one version of the game before any patches, its already vastly improved from 1.0

I watched Shroud stream 50% of the game (havent watched past my own progress yet) and he barely encountered bugs too so..

MMaRsu

Banned
Sure the game runs like shit on base Xbox One (and to a lower degree on base PS4), but every version including PC has problems not linked to technical performance or bugs like the linearity, the NPC AIs, filler quests and complete lack of balancing. That, and the fact you choices barely matter, which is a big fault for a RPG.

What do you.mean your choices barely matter

As far as Ive seen your choices do in fact make a noticble impact on the story and gameplay

EDMIX

No thats not true, you need a 3090 rtx to have cops work correctly like you see in GTA3 from 2001...... /s

You need 2x 3090 rtx to have lips move when they speak.

'That, and the fact you choices barely matter, which is a big fault for a RPG"

Ok, but thats clearly because you don't have enough ram bro, trust me /s

MMaRsu MMaRsu " your choices do in fact make a noticble impact on the story and gameplay" Not really man, they failed at even being the very thing people argued this game was MAINLY suppose to be about. The biggest fucking excuse was "derrr its a RPG, so its ok the NPCs don't work, the AI is slow", yet you have this bare bones skill tree that is only about just getting more of something by degree ie (plus this much health, plus this much ammo finds) etc. The story simply doesn't make that much impact, at least not as much as any other game that does this shit. Thats like saying in Mass Effect Andromeda it does that, if we are saying this about ANY damn move even if its just a different ending or something, we might as well say the same shit about Mass Effect Andromeda, Ghost Of Tsushima etc

Last edited:
Well they have to. We already paid for the fucking game.

CDPR: “coming when it’s ready”

Also CDPR: “we’d appreciate it if you gave us a chance”

So lets just pretend we didn't just pay for a product with the expectation of it actually working correctly?

Revolutionary Revolutionary Nah bud, I've seen many patch notes before, this game is simply fucking broken and many of you are triggered at this situation.. The patch notes are revealing just how fucked up this game actually is. (also put on the ignore list as it seems even with the developer admitting the issues, many are still trying to find any excuses to shill as if this is fucking normal for a game to have THIS many issues)

The irony of a CYBERPUNK game having a fanbase willing to defend corporations to the death should never be forgotten. Have a good one =)
I'm not defending anything lmao. Just pointing out how stupid you look for thinking that detailed patch notes means "OMG THE GAME IS BROKEN LOLLLLOLOLO". It's no wonder you're an Angry Joe fan, because you are both dumb and gullible.

Also, being on your ignore list is a badge of honor, knowing that I'll never see your stupidity in response again.

giphy.gif
A Mare has to keep in tip top shape

EDMIX

The game is clearly better than Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided, but I guess if you expect GTA youll be dissapointed.

As someone that owns Cyberpunk 2077 day 1 and all of the Deus Ex titles.........no sir, it is no where NEAR Deus Ex, it fails in almost every department. Its not a bad game, but its not the best in the RPG department, its not the best in the open world department, this game imho isn't the best in almost every area. The whole thing doesn't make for the worst game of all time, but no area imho is the best compared to other open world titles or RPGs.

Thats like fucking say Far Cry is a better RPG then Deus Ex.

I'm not expecting GTA, I'm fucking expecting tires to go flat when you shoot them as that happens in real life, I expect HUMANS to behave as such as that happens in real life, I expect a CITY to fucking have barbershops and tattoo places as this game is the one even fucking telling us how individualism is sooooo important to Night City.

So you telling me tattoos and hair cuts exist in fucking AC Valhalla, yet IN THE FUTURE they stopped existing? yet hey, this isn't GTA so its not allowed.

Here is getting a hair cut in GTA, something I guess you can't find in a RPG as clearly only GTA can have that.

Here is the link to it in GTA...

=)

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Tons of devs have released broke ass games without offering refunds or anything at all.

It’s hilarious that everyone was earlier this year applauding Microsoft purchasing Bethesda when Fallout 76 was just as big a shitshow. Bethesda was selling on their own platform and didn’t even bother with refunds. For another launch disaster there was Batman Arkham Knight which was so broken on PC they removed it from Steam shortly after release.

It’s amazing how people get selectively pissed off at some companies and give others a free ride.

Imo we should be applauding their refund policy and demanding it for other games. They want to make things right. That’s more then you can say for some studios
Like we should keep accepting broken games forever in the industry lol

What happened in the past is bad but it is past.

We should complain what is happening now and makes sure our voices is be out enough to publishers thinks twice before do that shut again.

If the movement happened with your beloved CPDR doesn’t matter... they did a shit rushed launch for the game and should be called out.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
" 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended"

I don't think so? After doing that Hex edit that was floating around my 5800x (8 cores) finally decided to wake up
Ditto! I did the hex edit and got an extra 10-15 fps. CPU usage went from 50% to 75-80%

ethomaz

Banned
The game has bugs but in my 70 hours on pc I can count them on two hands and Ive seen worse bugs in many Ubisoft and Bethesda games so I dunno man

Peoples is overreacting rn
PC users reported crashes in a lot of occasions... you seems to be luck.

BTW there is luck guys that finished the PS4 version without her crash too... well that is even more luck than PC users without crash.

People saying PC is fine are just trying to cover the issues... it is not fine... it runs better because the hardware is stronger but the “Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined” become meme on PC due the crashes not consoles.

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
What do you.mean your choices barely matter

As far as Ive seen your choices do in fact make a noticble impact on the story and gameplay

I mean that for example, every quest gives access to the same later quests.

Try it yourself, reload your save and choose another direction, you'll be surprised how it doesn't really change anything. The game is pretty good at hiding that though. Look at act 1 for example.

The world itself doesn't change either based on your decisions.

Last edited:

Aenima

I went into the settings menu to configure a few things and it wouldn't let me exit. I switched from the DualSense to the DS4 and nothing.

I rebooted the game and was greeted with an error message. It said the "user settings data appear to be corrupted and cannot be loaded."

Seriously, CDPR, this is ridiculous.
Same happened to me. But after restarting the game, i can now enter and exit the game settings without problems.

I played a good amount of time on the new patch and dont noticed that many improvements. Still a long way untill the game feels polished.

hemo memo

Gold Member
The jan and feb patches will hopefully be bigger once they have more time to fix things up.

People who think this has a lot of fixes haven't seen the patch notes of games like Skyrim or The Witcher 3 lol.

Hopefully early January.

Woggleman

I find it funny it funny how people criticize this game for lack of player choice and then in the next breath talk about how better GTA V is. At least I don't get a mission failed in this game if I go slightly off the beaten path. The complaints about the state of it on last gen consoles are well deserved but it does many things better than some other open worlds.

Holdfing

Bugs are at best half of this game's problems. The rest would take years, if the 7(?) year dev time gave us this shit.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
I find it funny it funny how people criticize this game for lack of player choice and then in the next breath talk about how better GTA V is. At least I don't get a mission failed in this game if I go slightly off the beaten path. The complaints about the state of it on last gen consoles are well deserved but it does many things better than some other open worlds.

The Witcher 3 plays very differently bases on your choices. It goes from simple dialogue change to different side quests to different cutscenes or even major characters dying.

Top Bottom