• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk free DLC coming early 2021

EDMIX

it wasn't

Sir....their own statements about NPC's THAT close to release shows it clearly was something they where working on. Suddenly it has nothing to really do with the game? Sounds like it very much did 6 months ago.

Its even worst if it wasn't as what the fuck are you really saying about them?

It wasn't really a goal to have that? So....it wasn't really priority, the only goal was to what? Say it to get sales or?

K.S v2.0

Banned
It really boggles my mind that some people are willing to 'defend' CDPR. That's just shilling taken to another level.

Those losers at CDPR lied and obfuscated and delivered a dumpster fire of a video game yet you have people almost lying to defend them.

How fucking pathetic

The same way people defend Activision, EA, Ubisoft, et al after years upon years of shitty scummy business practices.

No matter what, CDPR are never going to be the lowest of the low.

harmny

Banned
Sir....their own statements about NPC's THAT close to release shows it clearly was something they where working on. Suddenly it has nothing to really do with the game? Sounds like it very much did 6 months ago.

Its even worst if it wasn't as what the fuck are you really saying about them?

It wasn't really a goal to have that? So....it wasn't really priority, the only goal was to what? Say it to get sales or?

yes to be rich that was their only goal. they wanted to get rich. whatever makes yo happy edmix. why didn't kojima finish the last chapter in mgsv? why did he sell ground zeroes and the phantom pain separated? greedy bastard.

It really boggles my mind that some people are willing to 'defend' CDPR. That's just shilling taken to another level.

Those losers at CDPR lied and obfuscated and delivered a dumpster fire of a video game yet you have people almost lying to defend them.

How fucking pathetic

thanks for accepting i'm only speaking the truth

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Early 2021... yeah add dlc that will most likely add more problems that need to be fixed when you still have a lot to go already. Very smart.

This shouldn’t be said because it is common sense but to CDPR management apparently it is not. Keep that free stuff to yourself for now. Fix the glaring issues with AI/game systems + consoles + next-gen versions THEN free dlc.

And no. Just because you’ll give a new hair-cut option or a t-shirt or a weapon set for free doesn’t excuse the launch state CDPR. So focus on fixing the game first because this stupid gesture that suppose to make things better for the reputation of you and the game will only make things worse.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what to tell you bud, this is literally a good 6 months or so before release

So...sounds to me like it very much was a "priorty" for them

Also stop with the fucking strawman arguments. No one is saying for it to be like GTAV in here as a genre as much as many of us are saying for it to be like the very fucking game they marketed and told people it was.

Do you have a statement of them walking back or confirming that NPC bullshit was not in the final game?

Bullshit man, did you read the article you shared?

Among this long list of new information, the Cyberpunk 2077 and Witcher 3 developers stated that the 1,000+ NPCs each have their own "hand-made" routine. The devs compared this to The Witcher 3 where some villagers in-game would not have daily routines at all. A "hand-made" routine could mean anything from washing clothes or visiting different locations at certain times, to simply rocking in a chair for the entire day.\

I have no doubt there are 1,000+ NPCs each with their own hand-made routines. Roaming the city, you run into so many named street vendors, shop owners, and people just doing shit on the street like playing instruments, dancing, etc. etc. Each of them technically has a "routine." It's definitely comparable to The Witcher 3 in that regard. Basically, the random NPCs are window dressing, but nothing more than that.

harmny

Banned
Bullshit man, did you read the article you shared?

I have no doubt there are 1,000+ NPCs each with their own hand-made routines. Roaming the city, you run into so many named street vendors, shop owners, and people just doing shit on the street like playing instruments, dancing, etc. etc. Each of them technically has a "routine." It's definitely comparable to The Witcher 3 in that regard. Basically, the random NPCs are window dressing, but nothing more than that.
yep. basically like the witcher 3. like the article says.
"A "hand-made" routine could mean anything from washing clothes or visiting different locations at certain times, to simply rocking in a chair for the entire day."

Don't care, still refunding.
you can. that's the good thing

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member

How fucking pathetic

With how CDPR operates, I wouldn’t rule out the idea of CDPR PR having accounts on here honestly.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Got Cyberpunk for Christmas (On ps4) and I honestly thought people were posting screenshots of random places in the game with bad lighting. Holy crap was I disappointed. Going to get this on PC/ps5 and hope its better.

If you have it on PS4, you have it on PS5.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. Free DLC for what im expecting to be my 2021 game of the year (waiting for the next gen upgrade) sounds great to me plus expansions later on. Hell yeah!!!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Do you mean because I have the digital copy so literally I would have it on ps5 or was this a slight jab stating how it performs and looks on ps4 will be the same on ps5?

My understanding is that the PS4 version runs at a higher resolution and mostly locked 60 FPS on PS5, but the visuals (textures, lighting, etc.) are more or less unchanged. There will be an upgraded PS5 version released separately, but anyone with the PS4 version (disc or digital) will automatically have access to it.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance

How fucking pathetic
Don’t get me wrong, I have sunk 40 hours into the game and enjoy it but it is not the experience they promised and certainly isn’t the “next generation of open world games.”

Kadayi

Banned
ITT people who don't understand that development studios can work on a variety of different tasks at the same time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Warablo

There's no reason there couldn't have just been a vanity tab for each clothing slot. Hopefully a tile vanity slot that is invisible.

Very least, we need:
  • a plastic surgeon/barber/tattoo artist with wider selections. (like people have said, shocking that this isn't in the game already that is about implants)
  • Recolor options for cars, clothes, weapons
  • Apartment stuff/mansion open up
  • Garage for viewing or customizing our vehicles
  • NG+
  • difficulty retooling/balancing?
  • Vanity slots
  • Crafting retooling/balancing?
I'd leave the DLC for new cyberware upgrades, interiors/missions, level cap increase. Hopefully a hover car of some kind one day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
yea that sounds like hyperbole to me.

I'd get that argument if they didn't directly compare the routines in the game to what we saw in The Witcher 3. Did you play that game and see what kind of "routines" were in it? The NPCs were nothing more than window dressing (well crafted however) and you couldn't interact with the vast majority of them. It's mostly the same in Cyberpunk, but there's a lot more and they move around in a larger area. You can kill a lot of them, too.

I am genuinely dumbfounded that anyone can defend this studio.

Look, it's perfectly fine if you played this game and thoroughly enjoyed it. Opinions are subjective and everyone is going to feel differently about any given title, even when it's released in the dumpster fire state that this game is in.

What's not subjective, is how the development studio attempted to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. We're talking investors and public alike. You don't have to worry about the details and contrast them with how you feel about the current state of the game... because the investors are rallying against the studio for the objective deception that's openly available to read online (conference calls with investors that were transcribed). That a bunch of content that was supposed to be in this game just... isn't. That the studio tried to rig the early reviewing as best they could by sending NDA's that shouldn't have been signed. That the people working on this game are pissed. That's all objective. It's hard to argue against that, and anyone that does is just trying to hold on to the pristine vision of the studio they don't want to let go of.

Side note: I've seen a number of writers in the industry stand up for one another, and say no, they had to sign the NDA, and it's all CDPR's fault... which, no, there's enough blame to go towards complicit media outlets as well.

Anyway, in terms of development, these things obviously happen all the time... a development team has pie in the sky dreams but a crushing deadline looming over their heads leads them to make difficult choices, and the choices can get -really- tough depending on how much of their initial vision has to be sacrificed.

But this is different. This game doesn't feel like it's complete... it feels woefully unfinished. As if it were forced to a point of relative completion, still without enough time to even get a basic cut of the game ready for public consumption. And yet, it was kicked out the door anyway.

The main and side quests are 100% what holds this game together. They're interesting. They're fun. There's good characters and decent dialogue. There's some pretty creative stuff about the world and the story they've carved around that world.

But it's only in those main and side quests. Nowhere else.

There's no reward for exploration in this game. At all.

"Welcome to every RPG ever."

I've already seen this sort of 'hot take' in this thread. Most every open world RPG I've ever played allowed you to find quests organically, just by finding new people and chatting with them. Cyberpunk 2077 just dumps them all in your lap, and not even with appropriate pacing. Just... you hit Act II, and BAM! Your phone is ringing and beeping like crazy. Call after call. Text after text. "I've got jobs." "I've got cars." They created this huge, magnificent city that's just dripping with a Blade Runner-esque aesthetic... and is there any reward for exploring any of it? No. The only thing outside of the quests to do in this city is to find small squads of enemies and annihilate them. So you can earn street cred. From the cops.

*coughs*

It's a pretty good narrative experience with fantastic visuals to feast on... but one thing this is not, is a good open world RPG. This is probably why so many people argue that they loved the game while others chastise it. Some people are fine with sticking with the story and little else. Others want a world with dynamic events that you can find just by walking around... stuff that's been happening in RPG's since before Oblivion. Hell, probably since before Morrowind.

But Cyperpunk? You cross a border into another district of the city and then you're midnlessly pelted with 'content'.

The studio has really dug themselves into a hole with this game. They need to not just fix the bugs and optimize the game on consoles and deliver a competent product with their next-gen updates.... no, I think they'd really need to add to this game over the course of time in a big, big way. Like, Hello Games level of support, with numerous content additions to come over a course of -years-. That's what this game needs. CDPR took a calculated risk to push this unfinished mess out the door, hoping they could then lean on their 'good guy' status to buy extra time and work themselves towards redemption.

But people didn't pay $60 for early access. They paid for a game. At Christmas time. Microsoft had a deal for marketing and even had a Cyberpunk themed console... for a generation of hardware that couldn't even run the game properly. I'm sure they didn't spend all the money they did for this tragedy of a release either.

You could at least argue that Hello Games were new to the scene and just... made a lot of mistakes, which of course led to lying to a bunch of people even during live interviews. But CDPR's deception just feels much nastier, because they knew -exactly- what they were doing.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned

Look, it's perfectly fine if you played this game and thoroughly enjoyed it. Opinions are subjective and everyone is going to feel differently about any given title, even when it's released in the dumpster fire state that this game is in.

What's not subjective, is how the development studio attempted to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. We're talking investors and public alike. You don't have to worry about the details and contrast them with how you feel about the current state of the game... because the investors are rallying against the studio for the objective deception that's openly available to read online (conference calls with investors that were transcribed). That a bunch of content that was supposed to be in this game just... isn't. That the studio tried to rig the early reviewing as best they could by sending NDA's that shouldn't have been signed. That the people working on this game are pissed. That's all objective. It's hard to argue against that, and anyone that does is just trying to hold on to the pristine vision of the studio they don't want to let go of.

Side note: I've seen a number of writers in the industry stand up for one another, and say no, they had to sign the NDA, and it's all CDPR's fault... which, no, there's enough blame to go towards complicit media outlets as well.

Anyway, in terms of development, these things obviously happen all the time... a development team has pie in the sky dreams but a crushing deadline looming over their heads leads them to make difficult choices, and the choices can get -really- tough depending on how much of their initial vision has to be sacrificed.

But this is different. This game doesn't feel like it's complete... it feels woefully unfinished. As if it were forced to a point of relative completion, still without enough time to even get a basic cut of the game ready for public consumption. And yet, it was kicked out the door anyway.

The main and side quests are 100% what holds this game together. They're interesting. They're fun. There's good characters and decent dialogue. There's some pretty creative stuff about the world and the story they've carved around that world.

I've already seen this sort of 'hot take' in this thread. Most every open world RPG I've ever played allowed you to find quests organically, just by finding new people and chatting with them. Cyberpunk 2077 just dumps them all in your lap, and not even with appropriate pacing. Just... you hit Act II, and BAM! Your phone is ringing and beeping like crazy. Call after call. Text after text. "I've got jobs." "I've got cars." They created this huge, magnificent city that's just dripping with a Blade Runner-esque aesthetic... and is there any reward for exploring any of it? No. The only thing outside of the quests to do in this city is to find small squads of enemies and annihilate them. So you can earn street cred. From the cops.

*coughs*

It's a pretty good narrative experience with fantastic visuals to feast on... but one thing this is not, is a good open world RPG. This is probably why so many people argue that they loved the game while others chastise it. Some people are fine with sticking with the story and little else. Others want a world with dynamic events that you can find just by walking around... stuff that's been happening in RPG's since before Oblivion. Hell, probably since before Morrowind.

But Cyperpunk? You cross a border into another district of the city and then you're midnlessly pelted with 'content'.

The studio has really dug themselves into a hole with this game. They need to not just fix the bugs and optimize the game on consoles and deliver a competent product with their next-gen updates.... no, I think they'd really need to add to this game over the course of time in a big, big way. Like, Hello Games level of support, with numerous content additions to come over a course of -years-. That's what this game needs. CDPR took a calculated risk to push this unfinished mess out the door, hoping they could then lean on their 'good guy' status to buy extra time and work themselves towards redemption.

But people didn't pay $60 for early access. They paid for a game. At Christmas time. Microsoft had a deal for marketing and even had a Cyberpunk themed console... for a generation of hardware that couldn't even run the game properly. I'm sure they didn't spend all the money they did for this tragedy of a release either.

You could at least argue that Hello Games were new to the scene and just... made a lot of mistakes, which of course led to lying to a bunch of people even during live interviews. But CDPR's deception just feels much nastier, because they knew -exactly- what they were doing.

refund it

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

*coughs*

Not going to read all that, but there are plenty of quests and items that you find by exploring and are not given to you by fixers or otherwise over the phone, so you're wrong about exploration not mattering at all.

*coughs*

Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Loved the game, clocked 125 hours by now and completed the all story and side missions. But the game literally crumbles under it's own weight when not held up by its story missions and side missions.

Once the amazing story and side missions dry up, there's very little hiding how shallow and hollow the open world segments of the game is.

It's literally empty, with absolutely nothing to do other than continue finding the few baddies around the city.

Its truthfully disgusting how shallow and empty the game is when even compared to a game like the original Mafia 1 - where at least there was quirks like refilling gas at a station, paying off cops when being chased, and a few things here and there that even made the segments you're driving around the map feel more lively.

I think my biggest issue is how much you know theres so much you could be doing in Night City, but you can't, so you hope a DLC comes out to add that in.

But that's just it, the fact that basic side activities like barbershops or a garage don't exist in the game from the start is mind boggling.

Edit:
It does not mean I want GTA V levels of side activities, but its painful to me to be so immersed into a city they built, but feel like I don't belong in the city because I cant do anything inside of it once I'm done with the story.

To be fair though, if bowling was a thing, and you can invite your friends for bowling in the game like GTA IV, I'd be out going bowling every day with Panam.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair though, if bowling was a thing, and you can invite your friends for bowling in the game like GTA IV, I'd be out going bowling every day with Panam.

Maybe it's just me, but I almost never do these kind of repeatable/rewardless mini activities in open world games. It's cool that they exist, but I just rarely give a damn about them. Open worlds are always just the stage for the adventure to me. Maybe that's why I'm not particularly bothered by Ubisoft world design, even though I also appreciate games with more interconnecting systems that allow for emergent gameplay.

Redefine07

Keep it for yourself CDRP it's just a cut down part of the game and they give it for "free" keep your mess for yourself !

cryptoadam

Banned
Why does anyone want cops chasing you? I dont need cops chasing me after every time I kill some dudes I just ran into on the way to a mission.

At this point I don't really know what people wanted from this game.

This game feels like the natural next step from the Witcher 3. I mean this game is pretty much playing by the Witcher 3 rulebook.

Both have at least 3 main story quests lines you can do in any order(Go to Skelige or not. Do the Takumara stuff or something else first).

Both have pretty important side quests built around major characters that result in either them disliking or liking you that may effect the ending or a important battle.

Then they have less important side quests that are small stories about the game world.

Both even have moments where you play a more action charged piece as another character.

Following that you have typical open world busy work(enemy areas and so on) and small GTAIV like citizen missions that can be pretty varied themselves. Oh and some of the busy work missions themselves are varied and at least don't all feel copy and pasted. One random gig made me go through a trap house to save a media. One was just kill all these people, it can change.

This is'nt GTA. It is'nt a sandbox game. It is'nt about emergent storytelling. Night City and the Open world are atmosphere, there to facilitate storytelling. You can't follow random npcs and see their cycle. Oh boy, who gives a shit. Cops don't allow for random "how long can you survive horde mode". I don't give a fuck. I find that stuff lame in GTA. Maybe CDPR shouldn't have given the impression about this being a GTA like open world, but I also don't know how that's your impression or desire beyond the fact that both take place in an urban city. Which honestly is great to me. Night City is the best gaming environment to me. The things I've seen are incredible. The amount of art creation I've witnessed is beyond most gaming. I visited the Malestrom bar and was there for maybe a minute yet CDPR created this entire unique and cool looking environment for me to take in, complete with glimpses of it's own characters and personality.

This is a game world created for you to experience it's characters and stories. Maybe you don't like those things. Maybe they are bad. That's a different argument than the cops are stupid or the npcs are lifeless. Which I find funny because the NPCs, well their character designs anyway are the definition of volume. So many unique ones that add to the culture of Night City. Sorry, they are on simple walk cycles or don't move past the showcases they've been assigned to. I don't care, because witnessing them adds enough color anyway.

I guess as a gamer that dosen't like to do tedious bullshit in Ubisoft games, never fights the cops for fun in GTA, liked Mafia 2, and so on. These criticisms don't apply.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
honestly i don't know what people want from cdpr at this point.

if you don't like it they offered refunds to everyone. no questions asked (on console of course). they agreed with sony the removal of the game from the store because that was the only way to offer refunds. many people actually beat the game and refunded it and then joked about that. cdpr didn't care. the game has no drm on pc you can literally download it and play it for free if you hate the "greedy" cdpr and they don't care.

they admitted the launch was a disaster and said they were going to fix the game. on top of that they'll release free dlc like the witcher 3.

you are all acting as if cdpr was your SO and they cheated on you with your best friend. what are you so angry about?
they lied! they deceived! they betrayed us! i don't think they really did. but so what? what did you lose? $60 bucks at most? you can get them back. here...
what now? what more do you want? for them get fucked in court? for developers to get fired? for management to step down from their own company that they founded decades ago? the work of their life? what would make you happy? you want to see someone suffer? trust me everyone in cdpr is suffering.

if you want to know why i defend them. I defend cdpr because they are good for the gaming industry and i want them to keep making games. and I defend them because you may hate how horrible the launch was. but their respones has been as good as it gets and you should reward that. especially in the gaming industry we have today.

but most of all. it's because of the developers. i'm a developer too. they spent years creating this amazing game and the reward they get is people shitting on them 24/7 and saying that the game is worse than than a piece of shit wrapped in aluminium foil because i can't talk about the weather with random npcs (also they are bigots racists. transphobes and sexists). they're getting sieged from every side. now that the hate train is rolling people at looking are every single thing in the game to see what they can criticize. things they never even thought about in other games. uploading videos with the sole purpose of shitting on the game because it's the new trend. making ridiculous comparisons.

keep punishing innovation but then don't cry when you get the same game every year and you don't understand why. Cdpr made 4 main games. all of them different. bethesda has been making the same game for 15 years. nobody cares.

thank god hello games kept working on the game and stopped reading online comments because they are cancer. i hope cdpr does the same thing.

PS: Marcin you know my account number you can deposit there. also you have my wife's number you can fuck her whenever you want.

Last edited:
Special shoutout to all those gonks who finished the game then tried to or got refunds. Hard to take any base console complaints seriously when the game is good enough to complete.

First DLC is cops who don't forget you when you turn a corner and a second line of dialogue for the NPCs.

So a bunch of stuff that is non-essential at best. Cops in GTA and RDR have always been the worst, most tedious parts of the game that actively keeps me from enjoying and moving on with the game.

Last edited:
So you must be as poor as Cyberpunk NPCs AI then. I hope CDPR can hire a better attorney than you, otherwise the legal action will be very costly to them.

Hell no my friend. Even a Ubi fort mission is 10 times more complex than shooting 5 guys standing still in a map. You get walls, rooms, stealth, hiding in shadows... NPCs reacting to you. Guards who don't teleport 2m behind you. All those things those Cyberpunk missions don't have.

Every dialogue with NPCs is better than what we get with the braindead Cyberpunk zombie NPC. they don't even look at you lol. They have one liners and don't react when you're 10 cm from them. Cyberpunk open world is inferior to open worlds from 15 years ago. Try again.

It's not about making it GTA, just making the world a little believable when you play.

Here is where your argument is completely flawed. You're comparing the 4 to 5 soldiers around a loot crate in CP to a fort in FC. Those "forts" in CP are Gigs which also offer dialogue, world building via events or calls, shards, emails and vastly more entry points and combat variety than any Far Cry game ever.

Dazraell

Knowing CD Projekt they will probably follow with a similar stuff like they did with free DLC's for both The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 3, so it will probably be some new smaller quests, quality-of-life features, item packs and New Game+. They will probably leave major new features for expansions.

Maybe I'm hoping for too much, but I want a plastic surgery (and a barber) npc, to change our V's physical appearance. Also minigames, there was some sick pool in one of the trailers, let me play that!

Yeah, those are my main wishes too. Not being able to change your appearance (not even hairstyle) is weird, but even more so the fact that there's basically no side activity or minigame worth a damn. The story missions are awesome, the side missions with Panam, Judy, etc. are lovely, but then it's cop calls and infiltration missions that may as well have been procedurally generated for how little variety or care they show. Even shops are boring, and supposedly fun places like slots or brothels don't have enough going for them to make it worth visiting them more than once.

Maybe it's just me, but I almost never do these kind of repeatable/rewardless mini activities in open world games. It's cool that they exist, but I just rarely give a damn about them. Open worlds are always just the stage for the adventure to me. Maybe that's why I'm not particularly bothered by Ubisoft world design, even though I also appreciate games with more interconnecting systems that allow for emergent gameplay.

Same for me, if this was more akin to Deus Ex type game than what we have in our hand which is akin, and also quite marketed as, as an open world game where you can become the legend of night city with a variety of characters that are very well written.

I'm not saying its needed, I'm saying that it feels woefully undercooked as a game marketed as such. The core gameplay and story quest designs are top notch, but what else is within this grand beautiful world they built?

Why make it painstakingly immersive if it's just going to be merely set dressing when all is said and done?

I'm thankful that by the end, they focused on what matters most - but because of it, you begin to realise how this game was announced too early, didnt pick up steam until years after announcement, and then rushed out the door because they said it's coming out for PS4/XBOX because lo and behold the generation is over.

They should have said taken their own words to heart when they said they said the game will be out when it's ready.

Or just shut up until it was at a playable state instead of blowing their load before they had anything to show for.

Mato

How fucking pathetic

Perhaps some people simply enjoyed the game? I've never played anything else by CDPR, I have no reason to wish to defend them. I just had a good time in Night City. The game has sold more than 13 million copies, surely you don't expect everyone to hate it?

vkbest

the open world npcs don't really "need" any work. nobody cares about them except the people playing the game as gta. nobody complained about how braindead the npcs are in HZD. Ghost of Tsushima. Spiderman. The Witcher 3. Assassins Creed. Mass Effect or Dragon age. they are probably gonna make them better via updates though. but not because they think it's important but because of people like you that cry online about features that are not really relevant in a narrative driven open world action adventure rpg. so you should be happy.

Yes because those companies didn’t sell the game like a living world.

Keihart

The jacket from the trailers doesn't even glow anymore, i hope they could add that in at least as DLC.
iu

Top Bottom