• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Console : Best TV settings

Ok everyone, we all know Cyberpunk is a shit show with bugs galore etc.

I just wanted to try and make the game look the best it could on my set up...

I’m using a PS5 / LGCX and the game look jank out of the box. (no game mode!!!!)

I changed the HDR settings to (1000nits), had to up my sharpness to (25), Brightness down to (45), Contrast to (100) and Colour to (60)...

Now the game is looking more solid and vibrant.

Any other tweaks that are worthwhile on console? Please list your settings and TV make!

Last edited:
Pushing the sharpness to 0 on the CX looks like shit (imo)

plus HDR looks ok from my perspective once tweaked using the settings - without tweaking it looks like crap

Yeah - hahaha

loads of bullshit.

Only post if you are actually interested in getting the best image quality out of the current release and not PC tweaking bullshit that only makes 3080 owners wank off even though they can’t max out this game after spending £2500 like absolute pricks

Kuranghi

You'll get a proper black level out of the game if you disable HDR and use SDR, which will look much better on an/your OLED. If the content is telling the TV to never display 0-nits (Or really close to it at least) then it won't do it. You can crush the black level + pump the colour to "fix" the HDR but its a bandaid and SDR on its own will be better.

Play in SDR and turn on dynamic tone mapping and you'll still get brighter/more detailed highlights and black level is already deeper than HDR anyway.

You'll get a proper black level out of the game if you disable HDR and use SDR, which will look much better on an/your OLED. If the content is telling the TV to never display 0-nits (Or really close to it at least) then it won't do it. You can crush the black level + pump the colour to "fix" the HDR but its a bandaid and SDR on its own will be better.

Play in SDR and turn on dynamic tone mapping and you'll still get brighter/more detailed highlights and black level is already deeper than HDR anyway.

I completely agree with this, and would like to add that yes the colors will not be as vibrant. But with HDR current broken, SDR is the best way going forward for now.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
SDR looks better atm them HDR on my LG CX. Much sharper image quality with Cuberpunk 2077.

Last edited:

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Turning your tv off and playing the pen and paper version instead is the best setting
I saved for a year to own an LG OLED....
aLEK0nb.gif

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
So much inaccurate information in this thread. Cyberpunk is made to the same standard all games are made to, which is the same standard all films are made to etc. Calibrate your tv to as close to reference level as possible. There shouldn't need to be per game tweaking other than the HDR to your tvs capabilities.

No sharpening
No extra contrast/vivid mode
Warm 2
All post processing off
Game mode
Limited/limited or Full/Full or Auto/Auto

HDR 600, Paper White 30, Tone Curve = 1.5. Chromatic Abomination and film grain off.

Why yes, my LGCX could do better. I'm not wasting pixel life on this mess until blacks are black, unless this is one of those games.

SDR looks good, but I like how HDR let's me get a real low HUD brightness on the useless elements. Again, I'll save my screen for games that don't purposely distort the image.

Last edited:

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
HDR 600, Paper White 30, Tone Curve = 1.5. Chromatic Abomination and film grain off.

Why yes, my LGCX could do better. I'm not wasting pixel life on this mess until blacks are black, unless this is one of those games.

SDR looks good, but I like how HDR let's me get a real low HUD brightness on the useless elements. Again, I'll save my screen for games that don't purposely distort the image.
I think you won’t risk anything with SDR on.

I finally relented and just gave up on HDR in this game. The raised blacks destroy the image and as has been shown, it is a broken implementation right now.

Lowering the gamma gives some nice black levels.

AnotherOne

So much inaccurate information in this thread. Cyberpunk is made to the same standard all games are made to, which is the same standard all films are made to etc. Calibrate your tv to as close to reference level as possible. There shouldn't need to be per game tweaking other than the HDR to your tvs capabilities.

No sharpening
No extra contrast/vivid mode
Warm 2
All post processing off
Game mode
Limited/limited or Full/Full or Auto/Auto

Ex

Wasting pixel life? Bruh they're rated for 60k hours.. enjoy your tv.

Ex

Wasting pixel life? Bruh they're rated for 60k hours.. enjoy your tv.

Will do. I'm on track for 10,000 hours in 3 years. The tv will be half as bright by 50,000 hours...the game doesnt manage HDR for highlights. It goes to peak brightness for big splotches in shots rather than for highlights in an authored way. Just a preference. It's not easy to look at even if there is immaterial wear over a relatively short game.

Top Bottom