• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077's next-gen patch will launch today together with a free trial

Seems like PS store in EU fucked us, and will only offer a trial even though I got the disc in, for now. I hope when they clock in to work tomorrow they'll sort it out.
I am from EU and I just bought the game ps4 edition and it let me select to download the ps5 version directly after on the ps app

Can I DL the trial on ps5, play it , and then use my save once the ps4 version i bought shows up?
I'm guessing it will still use the same ps5 install, and just use the ps4 disc to validate when launching?

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Can I DL the trial on ps5, play it , and then use my save once the ps4 version i bought shows up?
I'm guessing it will still use the same ps5 install, and just use the ps4 disc to validate when launching?
Wondering the same thing. Saves me the wait of having to download in the day.

If anyone knows, would be nice.

Last edited:
cyberpunk2077_01.jpg

This looks good to you?
Is this the Xbox one version 😂 never looked like this when I played it.

Smether

I for one am quite hyped to play it. I have been waiting since I don't tolerate buggy games, but once I get through Forbidden West I'll be looking to jump right back into this one on PS5!

Rykan

Xbox series S once again offering that "Same experience, just at a lower resolution" experience again I see.

Good to see Series X and PS5 got proper updates. I'm not sure if its really the big update we were hoping for, but still glad they released it. Timing is a bit surprising though.

VFXVeteran

Banned
You can just tell by looking at the really flat lighting and the characters that it's just last gen looking. It's honestly one of the worst looking games I've seen recently.
Nearly every game still uses GI probe lighting with a crude SS ambient occlusion. Consoles much more so.

Metro Exodus, Spider-Man, Ratchet and Clank, Little Nightmares 2, Resident Evil Village... should I keep going?
When people talk about RT, they are talking about the full RT lighting equation. Not just reflections. That culls your list down to 1 game - Metro.

Last edited:
Nearly every game still uses GI probe lighting with a crude SS ambient occlusion. Consoles much more so.

When people talk about RT, they are talking about the full RT lighting equation. Not just reflections. That culls your list down to 1 game - Metro.
Metro doesn't have RT reflections

Portugeezer

Can confirm that If you download the PS5 trial then upgrade the PS4 version, you won't have to download the PS5 again; the trial just becomes unlocked.

Raven117

Gold Member
I’ll give this a go eventually. But man… too much good stuff coming out over the next few weeks to really care about this right now

So following up on this,
I installed the trial and played about 4 hours, save file exists.
Received the PS4 copy today, inserted play disc, and went back to the Trial Tile on the PS5
In the lower right icon after hitting down, I clicked on the PS5 upgrade, it took me through a quick "Free" PS5 upgrade purchase and then simply removed the trial in the icon name, leaving it just PS5. There is still a tile when you insert the ps4 play disc but the copying is always set to "paused" , and you don't need to use that icon. Just use the PS5 icon and everything works, including the save.

Top Bottom