• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077's next-gen patch will launch today together with a free trial

Draugoth

Gold Member
wv6gcKu.jpeg

FLpjltsWQAI7g1K

Patch 1.5 for Cyberpunk 2077 which includes PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X versions is releasing today. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Members can play the next gen version for 5 hours using free trial.

• 4K with dynamic scaling
  • ray tracing features
  • faster loading times
  • variety of other visual and technical improvements
  • DualSense controller’s adaptive triggers and haptic feedback
  • Free Upgrade

FLplJ-GXMAIAQgM

Last edited:

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Well, the tweet is not there anymore. But it does seem real to me. If it is on Gamepass, it's weird they don't mention that, but do mention the free 5h trial.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
The account is real at least, Microsoft only recently started using it. The Tweet itself is just a timezone fuck up I think.
Yeah, I can see it is. Well, I would very much welcome this news. I bought it for 19,99€ in a sale (only physical game I own) for series X and it would make February 2022 (with Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring launching as well) one of the best months for me in a very long time. Since I never even started it, it will feel like a new game to me.

However, I don't think it will be on Gamepass, because I don't see why they wouldn't promote that but a free trial instead.

Last edited:

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Good, I bought 3 ps4 copies when Best Buy had a sale for me and my pals.

Played it on PC but I wouldn't mind more couch gaming time.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It’s really not thst bad right now on PS5 but I have been waiting to finish it with this upgrade .
I think right from the beginning, PC was easily the best version and X and PS5 decent.

It was the last gen systems that got crushed hard.

But if CDPR is promoting next gen console versions are supposed to be boosted a lot with next gen upgrades, then I guess the new patch will be much better than launch.

Mobilemofo

I bought the steel case edition from amazon with art cards, massive map etc. 😆 this will be like a rebirth..well, either that or a C section.

Last edited:

Arthimura

I'm waiting since 2020 to play Cyberpunk, but I refused to play without the next-gen features.

I got a copy of the game in waiting, but now it's a bad time for this, this semester already has too many games that I'm interested, like Elden Ring, Horizon: Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, Ghostwire: Tokyo and Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins.

Maybe I'm going to play it later in the year.

Got this for a Christmas 2020. Still sealed, so this is a hype moment for me if it drops today on ps5! With no interest in Elden Ring or Horizon (will play when I’m less open world fatigued), this gives me a nice filler between now and the wallet draining March that is about to happen ❤️

NickFire

This might save me some money. I’ve been on fence about a couple games dropping this month, mainly cause GT is so close. Now I can play this until GT, and revisit next purchases when Easter sales and summer sales pop up. Win win.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The visuals in Cyberpunk 2077 are straight next gen level (I played it on PS5), imagine what this game would look like in 4K, abandoning last gen and launching without bugs.

If it drops on PS5 and it's solid, I'll absolutely give it a shot. Hoping the rumours are true. If they manage some rudimentary ray-tracing, I'll be more than pleased if it's not buggy and comparable to PC.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I wouldnt get my hopes up tbh. The game is very taxing on PC with ray tracing. It was running at like 5 fps with ray traced lighting and shadows without DLSS on a rtx 2080 and the consoles are only equivalent to that card in non-RT games. They perform like a 2060 Super in RT games.

Hopefully there is a standard mode as well which still looks pretty decent, but the RT mode is where its at, and only the highest Psycho RT lighting makes it look amazing.

NickFire

I wouldnt get my hopes up tbh. The game is very taxing on PC with ray tracing. It was running at like 5 fps with ray traced lighting and shadows without DLSS on a rtx 2080 and the consoles are only equivalent to that card in non-RT games. They perform like a 2060 Super in RT games.

Hopefully there is a standard mode as well which still looks pretty decent, but the RT mode is where its at, and only the highest Psycho RT lighting makes it look amazing.
My hopes are up for a solid game regardless of specific bells and whistles. After a disaster of a last gen launch, I can’t fathom they completely drop the ball again. Will know soon enough. Fortunately I have very little money riding on this bet thanks to Black Friday sales.

Fbh

Would be nice.

Strange how the PS5 is left on those "leaks", maybe its Xbox time exclusive?

The "leak" is from an official Xbox twitter account. Usually official channels only mention their respective console.
Look at any trailer for any multiplatform game on the official Playstation youtube channel and you'll see no mention of Xbox either

Top Bottom