• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.5 | Satisfied?

Are you satisfied with this update?

• Yes

Votes: 223 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 20.4%
  • It's a first step

Votes: 279 44.2%

• Total voters

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
No word of a lie, I think this is going to be my GOTY 2022 if it carries on. Fuck me this game has got me. I adore it.
what The game is….it’s really great. Yes, I understand if you got it at launch it could have very well been piss annoying on consoles but I waited so long and now I have a game that I’ve just settled into the groove and I’m loving it.

it’s a very special game for me now. The pace, the acting, the missions, the side content, the world…absolutely top tier stuff.

Last edited:

Bojji

No word of a lie, I think this is going to be my GOTY 2022 if it carries on. Fuck me this game has got me. I adore it.
what The game is….it’s really great. Yes, I understand if you got it at launch it could have very well been piss annoying on consoles but I waited so long and now I have a game that I’ve just settled into the groove and I’m loving it.

it’s a very special game for me now. The pace, the acting, the missions, the side content, the world…absolutely top tier stuff.

Only people with PC version could fully experience this until now. I waited 6 months after they patched some things and had a blast, amazing game.

Haters mostly focused on non important stuff (traffic ai, police...), under delivering on some premises (justified) and lackluster console version (yeah it performed like Far Cry 3 on PS3, justified too but nothing never seen on consoles before) but this game was amazing all along. Now more people will see this.

K' Dash

I just tried this after the patch and it looked like a slideshow, it was on raytracing mode by default and the game was struggling, I'm pretty sure it was in the low 20s.

I changed it to performance and it was mostly 60fps.

This is on Series X.

JayK47

Have they updated the roadmap yet? Are we getting any more substantial patches or free DLC? If not, maybe I can play it for a second time.

Inviusx

Have they updated the roadmap yet? Are we getting any more substantial patches or free DLC? If not, maybe I can play it for a second time.

There isn't a new roadmap available and as per their previous one the next gen update was the last thing on there.

Superkewl

I just tried this after the patch and it looked like a slideshow, it was on raytracing mode by default and the game was struggling, I'm pretty sure it was in the low 20s.

I changed it to performance and it was mostly 60fps.

This is on Series X.
I found the same thing with the default settings, but after showing the advanced options under "controls", and setting all the turn bonus and ramping up stuff to zero, and turning off additive camera motions(head bob), the RT mode seemed smoother, however still 30fps.

Roni

Gold Member
I'm assuming quick hacking was altered at some point? I used to be able to stealth in and out of places unseen using breaches and quick hacks.

Now they will triangulate my position after deploying certain quick hacks and instantly find my position even if I'm hidden away in a corner somewhere.

Not sure I entirely like this new system and I cant seem to figure out if I can block their attempt to locate me.

Why did they change this?
It was a couple of bug fixes... The NPCs would eventually be locked out of hacking you by a bugged internal state variable and something else... You can prevent being found by damaging the hacker through the cameras or disabling the camera he's using on you.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Only people with PC version could fully experience this until now. I waited 6 months after they patched some things and had a blast, amazing game.

Haters mostly focused on non important stuff (traffic ai, police...), under delivering on some premises (justified) and lackluster console version (yeah it performed like Far Cry 3 on PS3, justified too but nothing never seen on consoles before) but this game was amazing all along. Now more people will see this.
The things is for me, is I can instantly see that the generic crowd AI is just window dressing to the world really. Im not really paying attention to them apart from seeing them as that….saying that, it is awesome to just see them hanging out in stair wells etc while doing my missions.

not really had too many run ins with police, I’m not playing this like a GTA. I’m playing it like a heavy guided RPG where I’m hunting down targets and doing missions as a sword armed wielding ninja shotgun warrior with an almost heart of gold ….where I can.

im even knocking out a lot of the enemies, just becuase I know how brutal I can be.

love the crafting, the cybernetics, the dialogue and acting….the world is amazing imo.

I can totally see why reviewers who played this onPC showered it with 10/10s.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Fired it up for a look on my PS5 and man what a fecking looker this is, the crowd density is insane, people everywhere and the city looks incredible.. can't aim for shit though wish there was an option to lock to a target, anyhoo I held off and waited for next gen and from my initial couple of hours this looks and feels like it's gonna be a fucking amazing game for £20 absolute bargain

Codiox

Wake me up when we are at 2.0

The bugs wasn't the biggest problem this game has. It's the lifeless open world.

Neff

Bought it ages ago dirt cheap when it was on sale for PS4, got the PS5 update and gave it a go last night just to see what it was like.

Was still playing it at 3am in the morning. Negligible technical issues, fun gameplay, great visuals, amazing atmosphere, no crashes.

Not bad at all.

Synless

Bought it ages ago dirt cheap when it was on sale for PS4, got the PS5 update and gave it a go last night just to see what it was like.

Was still playing it at 3am in the morning. Negligible technical issues, fun gameplay, great visuals, amazing atmosphere, no crashes.

Not bad at all.
I had the same experience, I got min for Xmas in 2020. I played for about an hour before I shelved it (got to see some of the hilarious errors that existed then).

Downloaded the PS5 version last night, put it on performance mode and played until just past 2am.

Worst bug I encountered was a random car exploding into the air for no reason.

I think it looks great overall.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
It has more "life" than W3 for sure. What is "lifeless" about it in 1.5 version?

There's nothing lifeless about it. It's actually quite amazing how lively the city feels now. They really improved the variety of NPCs and their routines / unique animations in specific parts of the city. This combined with new crowd and traffic AI really makes a huge difference. It's so immersive now and helps a lot with role-playing. Of course you will never please people who expect GTA style police chases with tanks and helicopters.

From the patch notes:
  • Crowds and communities of Night City are now more diverse during the day and at night. Increased occurrences and added more variety of conversations in all districts.
  • Improved crowd reactions, pathfinding and despawning.

So patch 1.51 just dropped.
According to Stam users, it's around 10G.
I'm on GoG and it's downloading the whole game, at 62GB. WTF....

Thanks for the heads-up. Downloading now. I would be so pissed if I wanted to play in the evening and was greeted with 62GB download.

Patrick S.

Banned
Unsatisfied, because my Xbox One X doesn't get the improved crowd reactions. Fucking why? Every damn open world game in the last twenty years had decent crowd reactions, but CDPR are once again showing that they are fucking inept.

Tschumi

For me graphics and performance has never been an issue - maybe because i grew up with underpowered hardware, i don't care about slight slowdown and such - I just want them to layer in more and more world interactivity and exploration.

I only play one playstyle - faux deus ex - going for a nonlethal achievement that doesn't exist as far as i know, for my approach the game is a giant playground, loved it

Wunray

Anyone else game started updating again, like it's downloading the 1.5 patch again. My game is already up to 1.5 (this is on PC btw)

RafterXL

It's a start. I think the entire problem is the open world was just too ambitious. They should have gone more Witcher 2 than Witcher 3, and they could have packed more cool storytelling and stuff into a tighter package. As it is, most of the open world feels useless, fake and not fun. I dunno, I enjoy the meat of the game, but if a lot of the open world stuff were cut no one would miss it and the parts that are good could have been even better.

nemiroff

Gold Member

Yeah there's a good reason for why I have 172 hours (some @ idling though) in the PC version.. There's a brilliant game in its core. If the virtual city/world simulation with AI and animations was properly in place I'd have triple my current hours by now. But hopefully we'll get there eventually.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Yeah its absolutely a great game. I can't stop playing it either. I just like the atmosphere, the NPC's etc. Where it falls flat imo, is shootouts. If I alert everyone, i'm enjoying the combat less. But if I keep fucking around, hacking stuff, potshotting lured enemies, blinding or setting them on fire, its really fun. I like driving around, doing gigs close to me or beating a psycho which are essentially boss battles. I enjoy using sniper rifles, handguns, hacking and stealth, so I mostly spec on these. Its pretty cool if you have high enough technical ability and you can just pry open a door for a clean exfil.

The things that kind of bring the experience down are the crashes, I've had 3 or 4 on PS5 so far. And sometimes the game glitches, it stays in that hazy biochip virus vision even though the dialogue is over. Its very annoying. Just save, and reload it and its gone. One time the controller never stopped vibrating until I reloaded. The game still has plenty bugs which is unfortunate but in my experience most big open world games do. Its not like GTA never crapped out.

Filben

CP is again updating for 66GB (!) this time on PC. I already had the 1.5 patch installed.

What's going on? A new patch? New content? I don't find anything online.

Flabagast

Just finished act 1, man oh man. I applaud with CDPR is doing. An open world game with this kind of presentation, story telling and gameplay. It's like they gotten a sniper rifle and aimed it straight at my scifi pleasure center.
Yep. Storytelling in this game is utterly incredible. It does things no other game has ever done.

Hugare

I've played it for 90h on the PS4, finished it many times, and I'm enjoying the hell out of this next gen version

But man, some minigames and the ability to sit at a bar and drink something would go a loong way with immersion. Stuff like that.

They put in some police chases with this latest patch, but they are scripted. Making it dynamic would be awesome.

Romulus

Feels like an update that should have came 3-5 months after release. This was too long.

Last edited:

Denton

It's a start. I think the entire problem is the open world was just too ambitious. They should have gone more Witcher 2 than Witcher 3, and they could have packed more cool storytelling and stuff into a tighter package. As it is, most of the open world feels useless, fake and not fun. I dunno, I enjoy the meat of the game, but if a lot of the open world stuff were cut no one would miss it and the parts that are good could have been even better.
Disagree. Not every open world has to be sandbox filled with "activities" and "interactions". It is fine for some games to have focus elsewhere, and provide open world simply to provide connective tissue between missions and sense of place and atmosphere.

Mafia 1 for example. It had no sandbox. But it would be vastly worse game without its city. Same with Cyberpunk.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Yeah there's a good reason for why I have 172 hours (some @ idling though) in the PC version.. There's a brilliant game in its core. If the virtual city/world simulation with AI and animations was properly in place I'd have triple my current hours by now. But hopefully we'll get there eventually.

Yeah, game is incredible imo. I’m about 25 hours in and just got to act 2. Shits gone down and I’m blown away. I spent like 12 hours just doing the 22 gigs for the woman before I even went and did the main missions.

I hope it keeps up as I’m already massively invested in my character. Man I wish CDPR could incorporate cross platform saves.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
New players. As soon as you get access to the entire map make sure to follow this guide to get Quadra Turbo-R (car from all the marketing materials).

You can get it by sneaking around so don't worry about enemies that will surely outlevel you.

Played a few hours on steam on pc when it came out. It was fine. I had no bugs but I didn't get far as couldnt be arsed to play on my laptop.

Double dipping today as saw it was only £20 in Asda for xbone version (it offered next gen patch as soon as I started installing it). Gonna give it a chance..

Edit

Played to the end of the rescue mission. Zero bugs, silky framerate and fantastic look. I was genuinely impressed by the body fat on the guy eating the burger in the coyote. I may alter the controls a touch (but serviceable anyway).

The game simply required more time in the oven and decent console specs.

Last edited:

MomsNewBoyfriend

Neo Member
Disagree. Not every open world has to be sandbox filled with "activities" and "interactions". It is fine for some games to have focus elsewhere, and provide open world simply to provide connective tissue between missions and sense of place and atmosphere.

Mafia 1 for example. It had no sandbox. But it would be vastly worse game without its city. Same with Cyberpunk.
It fails horribly in this regard. The quests are somehow more generic than skyrim

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
The game has me in its grip again. PLaying at 60+fps on Ultra/psycho settings (RT off ... it's really not needed imo) is a joy. Still can see some bugs here and there. There is just something about it where you know from a sandbox perspective it's just not as good as GTA. It's just not. Physics or engine or something ... you can just see too much under the hood stuff with pop-in and things like that. It's not nearly as bad as it was. If you can look past that though you'll find a game full of lore and great storytelling - in that regard better than GTA. I hope they continue to work on it and I hope they put out a Blood & Wine type of large addon pack which they can also use to fix some of the misses from the base game. I also hope we get a sequel or two because the setting is fantastic. 100% worth a play at this point if you've never tried it.

Yep. That unbroken first person perspective alone. Being able to talk to people without being locked in. All cutscenes, conversations, intimate moments...all from first person, in this fidelity, in a 150 hour RPG.
Also, there is a reason why there is no other RPG on the market that would take place in a gigiantic modern open city. It is hard as fuck to make this combo. Deus Ex is great, but small hubs, no cars. GTA is great, but linear storytelling, no detailed character progression. Etc.

I went for a walk today. If you told me 20 years ago when I played first Deus Ex that this is how games are gonna look one day I'd flip the fuck out.

1091500_2022021720360mikna.png

1091500_2022021720391b4j15.png

1091500_20220217203613jjse.png

1091500_2022021720433iqkdh.png

1091500_2022021720350dxj3k.png

Exactly, for all the minor details it lacks compared to a GTA, there are things it does that not even GTA or other open world titles can claim. This is the most convincing open world city environment I've seen in a videogame.

SkylineRKR

I don't like GTA but I love Cyberpunk right now.

Its because Cyberpunk is an RPG. You make you char, you make a certain build out of your char. You can loot everything, which is something I always enjoy as long as you don't deal with carry limits. You can sell or dismantle, craft gear and weapons and increase your DPS. And you can build relationships with characters. You have choices that might not have real impact, but they do alter the progress of certain missions. There are enemies and missions that are still too high, with skulls, but after some grinding and upgrading you'll find they're down to Moderate and you can clear them easily. Cyberpunk is an RPG through and through.

I did like TW3 more though. I think TW3 was more focused in terms of story, mission design, builds and characters. TW3 starts out in White Orchard, which is a smaller open map that lays the groundwork in an excellent way. Then it gradually opens up. You're not bombarded with mission indicators, calls (however the fuck they want to do that in TW's universe) and what not. I think the pace of TW3 was better, and I found the main story to be more interesting.

But if we look at TW3 on console. It had a kinda low framerate, long load times, also glitches, bad horse controls, bad controls in general. Yet it was utterly revered. Essentially the list of issues TW3 had was the same as Cyberpunk had and still has. I think the difference is that at its core, Cyberpunk is less focused, more of a mess which makes the bad performance and gameplay stand out more. And we've progressed some years, ofcourse. I don't know if Cyberpunk should've been better on PS4 and Xbox One, as I think it should've skipped those consoles altogether. It should've been better on PC though, and then a good next-gen console version following suit.

A lot of the hate comes from the obviously unfinished launch build, and the last-gen consoles that simply couldn't do this game justice. I think this won't go away. Which is a shame because Cyberpunk is an extremely addicting and competent RPG right now, and can be bought for a low price at that. I never jumped in at launch. It was my most anticipated game for some time, but I never wanted to play it on my PS4. I expected TW3 like jank and long load times, or worse since Cyberpunk would be far bigger in scale. But there isn't much wrong with it on PS5/SX. It does crash and does have glitches, like most other games this size do. I've had Days Gone, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and recently Mass Effect 1 glitch out as well.

I wanted a next-gen version. This took longer than I expected (because of all the drama surrounding its launch), and my interest faded away. I bought it because of the demo + low price, and happy I did. I won't buy Horizon anytime soon, i will play this until GT7.

SiD0

Neo Member
It is way better for sure, this is how it should have been released. Give me some transmog so I don't look like a clown and i would be happy at this point to pay for further DLC.

Top Bottom