• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.5 | Satisfied?

Are you satisfied with this update?

• Yes

Votes: 223 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 20.4%
  • It's a first step

Votes: 279 44.2%

• Total voters

Fredrik

Yeah, but I was too invested in her story so the rejection hurt me. Biggest strength of Cyberpunk is those characters there.
Yeah I think many of us got a bit hurt, Judy has to be one of the prettiest characters the industry has produced. I usually play as a male in RPGs so I never succeeded with the romancing either. I’m toying around with a female V now though, not sure if I should do a playthrough with her or go with the usual viking dude.

wKjCNKV.jpg

The new lighting model when changing appearance is great, makes me want a better screen, 1080p LCD is not doing this game justice.

Last edited:
I havnt played this since launch started it today and didn’t know what button did what had to restart from the start,but it looked nice the sky during the day still looks grainy even tho I have film grain off.

intbal

In case anyone is curious, here's ten minutes of someone playing with the new patch on a base Xbox One. Looks like it drops to 15-25fps during the shootout. Seems ok during driving. But it sure is an ugly game.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yeah I think many of us got a bit hurt, Judy has to be one of the prettiest characters the industry has produced. I usually play as a male in RPGs so I never succeeded with the romancing either. I’m toying around with a female V now though, not sure if I should do a playthrough with her or go with the usual viking dude.

wKjCNKV.jpg

The new lighting model when changing appearance is great, makes me want a better screen, 1080p LCD is not doing this game justice.
It's not how she looks, it's mainly how she talks. I am way more attracted to voice. After you do few missions for she, she starts to call you and REE. They definitely got me with that.

JayK47

Looks like the game should have been delayed until at least 2022. I did enjoy it at release but clearly it was not finished.

Kacho

Gold Member
Balance changes are the most interesting thing here. Doesn't sound like its enough to jump back in for.

yurinka

Any base PS4 impressions? Is the current state decent enough with this patch to jump in? I still didn't get it, I'm waiting for them to fix it.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Unless they've made huge strides to AI then it's going to be underwhelming. All I remember is tons of clones and AI just being dumb as shit.
Perhaps read the patch notes. They've made good improvements to the AI - including NPC behaviour, combat, and crowd based. Some of the crowd additions are restricted to the next-gen versions, likely due to the computational overhead. The combat AI changes should make for more interesting firefights. And they have specifically listed improving the diversity of the crowds, however, this appears to be limited based on IO speed, as they stated that the slower HDD mode is automatically detected and will limit crowd variation accordingly.
No, but CDPR needs to move on. Game is beyond repair.
Lol, this kind of hyperbole is fucking embarrassing.
In case anyone is curious, here's ten minutes of someone playing with the new patch on a base Xbox One. Looks like it drops to 15-25fps during the shootout. Seems ok during driving. But it sure is an ugly game.

Caveat: it's a next-gen patch, focused on next-gen consoles, whose notes specifically state that most of the improvements are best felt on next-gen machines. I wouldn't expect much on last-gen machines.

The_hunter

Played it for 2 hours, I'm going to keep waiting, mainly due to the lack of a FOV option. I encountered a few bugs, and npc with a book clipping through his hands, and jackie walking right through a car, some texture flickering. The positives of the game was the dense crowds on PS5.

SJRB

Gold Member
PC here, Game keeps crashing on startup, even after verifying files. So after downloading a 45 gig update I now uninstalled and have to download the game, 62 gigs.

Not a great start.

Lone Wolf

Wasn’t the city supposed to have a transit system? Did that ever get put in? I heard the game had unfinished tracks and stations when it launched.

OverHeat

« generous god »
PC here, Game keeps crashing on startup, even after verifying files. So after downloading a 45 gig update I now uninstalled and have to download the game, 62 gigs.

Not a great start.
I will save you the time even after a redownload it still crash on startup

Considering the game doesn't look anything like it did in the pre release marketing no I'm not satisfied. Like it's an OK game if you got it for $10 and aren't aware of what they promised the game would be.

intbal

Caveat: it's a next-gen patch, focused on next-gen consoles, whose notes specifically state that most of the improvements are best felt on next-gen machines. I wouldn't expect much on last-gen machines.
Of course.
Which is kind of weird since the number of people who own the game on Xbox One/S/X probably outnumbers Series S/X owners 10 to 1.

Synless

"After the first tests, the Cyberpunk 2077 PS5 performance mode runs at a common/frequent 1440p resolution at 60FPS. More info coming soon."
Didn’t Xbox Series X run it at 4K 60? I thought someone mentioned that earlier on.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Of course.
Which is kind of weird since the number of people who own the game on Xbox One/S/X probably outnumbers Series S/X owners 10 to 1.
Why is it weird for a next-gen patch to focus on delivering for next-gen consoles? In truthfulness, having played CP2077 on my PC, that it was able to run on last-gen consoles at all is pretty wild. I will say though: I'd have taken the refund option if I were on base Xbone. Was and is beneath my quality standards.

winjer

Gold Member
Had to change my vote to not satisfied.
More than a year later, and a still no option to toggle ADS. What a screw up.
This is a first person shooter and this option is important, because some players prefer hold to ADS and other Toggle to ADS.

Also, seems like RT is broken with this update, at least on PC.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Wasn’t the city supposed to have a transit system? Did that ever get put in? I heard the game had unfinished tracks and stations when it launched.
There was a train like thing on rails that you couldn't ride. It also would go straight through buildings because the tracks clipped through them.

The rail system was one of the many things shown off and eventually cut, and all you can do is go the the "stations".

Last edited:
I was more than satisfied when Cyberpunk released. Granted, I was playing on Series X and, other than a few crashes/oddities here/there, it was easily my GOTY 2020, and one of my favorite games ever.

I just bought it on PS5 so I can give it another go; like on Series X, it will be beaten, loved and I will do literally everthing on the map.

One of the best ever, is Cyberpunk 2077.

SSfox

Man it's really hard to choose with those modes, bro i already can't wait for PS5 Pro so it will make it easy to choose, 4K,60FPS with RT always in all games!!!!

Braag

Started a new playthrough on PC. Played until the part you meet Dex so haven't really gotten to the meat of the game yet but I gotta say the image quality is vastly improved from what I last played (patch 1.2). With DLSS at quality the game looks pretty crisp with no artifacts so far, I remember it being pretty damn blurry before.

I mean, I’ve played through this game already not too long ago. I’m not sure what they could have realistically done to make me want to revisit it.

thatJohann

Played the trial on both PS5 and XSX using 30fps RayTracing mode. It looked and felt great, big improvement over what I played when it launched in 2020.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Seems like it's still FAR from the game they were promising. And what I've seen of the PS5 version doesn't look very good really. Better than the pathetic last-gen versions of course, but not impressive in any way.

WitchHunter

Banned
I know I'm not, and you?

unknown.png

The list of changes can be found here: click me

Don't get me wrong, it's a good start but after more than a year, here's what I was expecting:

- a real overhaul of the AI, not just small adjustments
- a real customization of our apartment
- an overhaul of the food system, so that all food, drinks etc... is finally used for something
- real content (weapons, secondary missions, skills, vehicles)
- open all part of Pacifia which are still closed
- THE DAMN WHIP
- tattoo artists and hairdressers with PHYSICAL stores
- total overhaul of the police
- the bounty system
- elements that promote roleplay such as being able to sit down, ordering at restaurants, more interactions with the crowd and the AI

This is just what comes to my mind. And you, are you satisfied with this update?

You can find here the thread recapping the update, and go here for some next gen gameplay !
A popcorn reaction icon is very much needed.

Top Bottom