• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 tops Playstation charts.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Hopefully after all that launch disaster with that game, instead of discouraging them it will make them improve and not make those same mistakes in the future.
The "mistakes" probably earned them more money. They went out of their way trying to hide the bug ridden gameplay disaster from their fans. Fuck CDPR, and fuck Cyberpunk. Never pre order something from these people.

Dlacy13g

I thought nobody wanted to play this game since it was decreed "unplayable" even after all the fixes? Go figure...

Flabagast

I thought nobody wanted to play this game since it was decreed "unplayable" even after all the fixes? Go figure...
I agree with you it is confusing, plus it must be the first time in the history of the medium that a "dead game" (at least according to twitter gamers) tops the monthly charts on the most selling platform.

Who to believe eh?

THEAP99

Banned
Because CD PROJEKT RED released a falsely marketed and unfinished product. Yet, people are buying it anyways. Making the whole "after cyberpunk everything changes" bit meaningless since idiot gamers forgive and forget so easily.

Fredrik

Somebody is triggered that they chose the wrong gender when starting the game and now they either can't get Judy, or Panam.
A friend fell into that trap, made a mix gender character for the luls or whatever and got pissed off because there was no Panam booty for him 😆

Fredrik

Because CD PROJEKT RED released a falsely marketed and unfinished product. Yet, people are buying it anyways. Making the whole "after cyberpunk everything changes" bit meaningless since idiot gamers forgive and forget so easily.
Have you seen the patch list? It’s not like it’s the same game as it was at launch.

I’m playing on PC though so I don’t know if things are still broken on console. I just hope CDPR realize that the nextgen version needs to be a free upgrade for those who bought the PS4/XB1 version. There is still ways to end up on a positive note if they do things correctly.

Armorian

Banned

Most games these days can be considered "unfinished" before some patches. Massive amount of bugs yes but in terms of performance - it was in line with what was released by the end PS360 gen, devs and publishers didn''t get much backlash about games performing ~20FPS (that includes GTA5) on these consoles so CDPR thought they wouldn't too. Targeting PCs first and foremost was clearly a mistake, no devs will do that again.

False advertising is about missing features in game or what? Most games are showed running on PC before release or the best console version so it's nothing new that we didn't see any footage before release.

This was a perfect shit storm for CDPR - game itself isn't bad at all.

if you play this on ps5, is it just playing the ps4 pro version?

PS4 Pro version in 60fps

nowhat

False advertising is about missing features in game or what?
Dismissing the fact that no, it doesn't run "surprisingly well" on previous gen, we have a story where your decisions and origin matter a lot (ehh...), a city with 1000s of NPCs with their own day-and-night cycle (ehhhhhhh....), the police and crime system in general (let's not even go there), you can purchase several apartments and do vehicle customizations (ehhhhhhhhhh.....), stuff like wall-climbing as shown in the demos or hell, just being able to have a drink at your own leisure (not adding stuff to your inventory).

None of these were features the players requested, at least initially. These were all features that were advertised, by CDPR themselves, some of them up until about a month before release. You may like the game for what it is, that's fine. But it is undeniable that CDPR lied to their customers in such a spectacular way that I don't think any AAA publisher has in recent memory, and that is something.

Last edited:

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
Why so negative? As if CP 2077 was nothing at all. I liked it on PC - great level design, great characters, great graphics. Unfinished - yes, but it's a good game that was unfinished to me.

ZoukGalaxy

Fuck this game.

Fuck this post.
P.S. I never even played this game to begin with. I do not support garbage developers.
Is there anything you don't fuck ?

troll GIF

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Why is everyone hating on CP2077? It's not a masterpiece, but definitely a decent game imo.
Many people didn't think it was good while others think it was. I've seen both sides posting here. Even if it was good in my opinion, the hate for the game is justified.

lucius

It’s pretty good on PS5, just the HDR you really have to adjust all 3 HDR settings in the game to get it looking it’s best. Some of the updates crashed more for me, but now seems stable. But I kind of want to wait for the full upgrade.

Bryank75

Banned
I have every ending..... it's alright. Decent but nothing special really..... very much a PC RPG.

Played it on PS5.

Those charts are disgusting, European gamers just have no clue. They just buy whatever is popular in the charts it seems. Pisses me off.

i would say it's not very good in comparsion to any other AAA open world game that has been released in the last 15 years, because underneath the mountains of bugs it's

- an open world that is absolutly dead with brainless peds that disappear as soon as they turn a corner and no traffic ai that doesn't even know how to drive past you if you stop in the middle of the road or clips through walls.
- an rpg with basically no choice & consequence, a skill tree where certain perks are completly pointless (the underwater perk) or don't work at all (knife throwing) and all the others are perks that give you lame stat boosts
- a shooter with the most braindead enemy AI, bullet sponges and just awful looter shooter gameplay
- a story that is short and completly unremarkable,. the mission, design consists of bad call of duty style linear fps sequences and walking somewhere with another npc listening to them talk

on top of that it has bad driving, bad UI, bad loot with the same couple guns dropping over and over again, terrible and pointless crafting. it doesn't even have good characters, 80% of the game consists of driving somewhere, getting a phone call that goes like "ayo V you need to kill these random cyberpsychos/gangers/corpos. deets attached"

it's top to bottom an awful game. you can't even customize your character after you start the game even though "style is everything in night city", not that it matters much because you barely see your character anyway and if you want to go for the best equipment he/she always looks like a clown.

get the fuck out of here with trying to imply that games such as fallout, or ubisoft titles (a direct competitor mind you). comes close to this as far as the gameplay, presentation, or quest writing/variation mixed all into one. The games that directly compete do not do all 3 better than cyberpunk at all. their gameplay is typically shittier (bethesda) their quests are procedural (bethesda,) and the presentation doesn't remotely compete. We'd be in an AMAZING place in the gaming market if games were really just shitting all over cyberpunk. we aren't there. at all. games aren't even coming close to the witcher 3 in consistent quality. and that SAME dev suddenly forgot how to do that well? fuck outta here. You guys are gonna fuck up my hobby if you can't tell who has talent and who doesn't, letting Ubisoft get away with murder creatively and hating on an actual good dev.

you know damn well those games had fetch quest galore, procedural generation, etc. and didn't do anything near what this game did from a quest writing standpoint. One again, do you think CDPR went from the witcher 3 to SUDDENLY not knowing how to do quests?

secondly, the fact that you put an emphasis on the peds, indicates you didn't even go into the game knowing what the priorities would be.

It's literally like judging the witcher 3 on the basis of how the guards interact with you, sounds dumb for that game right? because the witcher 3 clearly isn't about that, same here, but we're dealing with kids who started gaming in the 360 generation, and brains go full potato when they see first person, guns and cars, so they think GTA.

not what this game was going for...

Garbage developers? Do you even know what the work is, lol?

the fact that these children are calling cdpr of ALL devs, a garbage dev, is indicative of 2 things:

1. the bandwagon affect is real. the people on this forum are younger than I think.

2. These are people that aren't into the medium enough to trace back pedigree, or respect it. or even apply that pedigree properly toward the next title that said dev has coming. for example, if the developer made the witcher 3, and now they are doing a new sci-fi open world rpg, it more than likely is going to be designed similar to the witcher 3, than it is GTA V. But people are either stupid, or teenagers to early 20 yr olds. Who don't really knw much...

falsely marketed?

I expected the game that was demonstrated at E3 long ago, you know, when they showed that whole maelstrom questline? that alone impressed everyone? well the game is that quality, and has that exact quest, and quests that exceed it.

I expected a CDPR style game, It is exactly that. the fuck did you expect? did you not think of who was making the game?

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
The split down the middle in opinion on this discussion is fascinating. It's almost like there are two parallel universes intersecting through this game :D

In these times where everything has to have the most extreme opinion of all, I figure the truth is that it's likely an okay game with flaws.

The split down the middle in opinion on this discussion is fascinating. It's almost like there are two parallel universes intersecting through this game :D

In these times where everything has to have the most extreme opinion of all, I figure the truth is that it's likely an okay game with flaws.

My thing is this, what are these majestic titles that are shitting all over cyberpunk...especially within it's genre.

did half life 3 come out and nobody told me?

because i'm seeing alot of shit that wasn't remotely as ambitious or good in 2020.

people were happy with assassins creed valhalla but pissed about cyberpunk....suspect.

it's like a girl being mad the sexy guy didn't make her cum, but letting the fat guy get away with not making her cum because she didn't expect him to lmao a.k.a. we're teaching devs to never be ambitious lol be mediocre and people wont expect much.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
My thing is this, what are these majestic titles that are shitting all over cyberpunk...especially within it's genre.

did half life 3 come out and nobody told me?

because i'm seeing alot of shit that wasn't remotely as ambitious or good in 2020.

people were happy with assassins creed valhalla but pissed about cyberpunk....suspect.

it's like a girl being mad the sexy guy didn't make her cum, but letting the fat guy get away with not making her cum because she didn't expect him to lmao a.k.a. we're teaching devs to never be ambitious lol be mediocre and people wont expect much.
God I watched my friends play Valhalla. I'm sorry, but what a dogshit bland game, but that's sameysoft for you.

I also agree. Where are all these supreme examples that surpass Cyberpunk in every way? It feels like the whole AAA industry is stuck in mediocrity. Some Indie games even try to emulate that mediocrity.

Thank god for all the niche games I play that keep me sane 🤪 😄

TastyPastry

before competing with half life 3, how about cyberpunk 2077 takes on gta 3 from 2001 first. that game's traffic AI knows how to drive past you if you stand still in the middle of the road. yeah i think if you are claiming you work on the most "immersive open world city yet", which is a direct quote from cdpr it's kinda important to have some sort of traffic AI because cars just standing still forever is a little immersion breaking, same with peds disappearing into thin air as soon as you turn around. i'm not asking for too much here, there are 10 year old chinese mobile games that have better traffic AI and more realistic ped behavior than cyberpunk. as for bethesda, i don't think they have ever sunk so low as to put car chase/turret sections into the game where it doesn't even matter if you shoot the enemy or not. ubisoft games might not be the best in terms of writing but they have working Ai that knows how to find you if you shoot at them from a distance. the skill tree in a far cry game is miles ahead of the one in cyberpunk and more importantly every skill works in an ubisoft game. cyberpunk didn't even manage to do that. cyberpunk tries a lot of things but the problem is it fails in almost every aspect it attempts to do.

but pls tell me what aspects about cyberpunk are so great, i'm all ears. i thought even the writing was very mediocre, in the end i didn't care about a single person i met or interacted with in the game. i'm not a huge bioware fan but mass effect shits all over cyberpunk in terms of story and characters. i'm sorry i know panam has a fat ass but that doesn't make her a great character. btw i played through cyberpunk 2077 on my pc.

TYRiAX

Just finished the game, played through entirely on game ver 1.23 on the PS5 and had 2 game crashes. My feeling on it were 6/10

Top Bottom