• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 tops Playstation charts.

killatopak

Gold Member
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/07/09/playstation-store-june-2021s-top-downloads/

US / CanadaEurope
1Cyberpunk 2077Cyberpunk 2077
2Grand Theft Auto VFIFA 21
3NBA 2K21Grand Theft Auto V
4MinecraftMinecraft
5Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarNBA 2K21
6Chivalry 2Red Dead Redemption 2
7Rust Console EditionThe Crew 2
8MLB The Show 21CarX Drift Racing Online
9God of WarCall of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
10FAR CRY 5Gran Turismo Sport
11Knockout CityChivalry 2
12Red Dead Redemption 2Far Cry 5
13Friday the 13th: The GameeFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE
14CarX Drift Racing OnlineAnthem™
15Guilty Gear -Strive-TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX | SIEGE
16Mortal Kombat 11Far Cry 3 Classic Edition
17FIFA 21Friday the 13th: The Game
18Dark AllianceARK: Survival Evolved
19Need for Speed HeatGreen Hell
20UFC 4Gang Beasts

Kinda surprising that it did even when Sony was advising people not to buy it for the PS4.

One caveat though is that this chart is the PS4 charts and not the PS5 charts. Cyberpunk does not count towards PS5 games even if you bought it for the PS5.

This is for the month of June.

I'll download it again on PS5 or PC as i'm contemplating picking up a gaming laptop or desktop (still so fucking undecided lol)

There's always a chance to reverse bad fortune. CDPR has this chance so i'm hopeful they can pull something off.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Animated GIF

is this game good yet? Played it for 10 hours or so at launch on PS5 and crashes just drove me crazy. Plus it was really not very good either.

RGB'D

I'll download it again on PS5 or PC as i'm contemplating picking up a gaming laptop or desktop (still so fucking undecided lol)

There's always a chance to reverse bad fortune. CDPR has this chance so i'm hopeful they can pull something off.
Just get the gaming PC. It's the best option out there, especially since you won't miss out on the PS exclusives since you have a PS5. Cyberpunk was a great experience on PC even at launch with minor bugs. I have a good (not great) rig and had no problems.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I mean, it makes sense. Most people out there don't follow gaming news closely and don't have an opinion about the game one way or another, they just know that they couldn't buy it for a while. Now they can.
But a quick search would show you how garage the game is. I don’t follow movies news but a quick IMDB and I know how to avoid an awful movie.

Just get the gaming PC. It's the best option out there, especially since you won't miss out on the PS exclusives since you have a PS5. Cyberpunk was a great experience on PC even at launch with minor bugs. I have a good (not great) rig and had no problems.
The laptop and desktop has an RTX 3080. One can say its a bit overkill for Photoshop edits of astrophotos lol but I don't care. I need a machine that can blow anything away. Not in a hurry to buy so will take my time to find best possible deal.

EDIT: Sorry this is off topic.

Last edited:

Brofist

I got both Cyberpunk and PS5 on the release and actually enjoyed it a lot, lucky enough for no game breaking bugs/glitches, 81 hours played and waiting for more once PS5 version will be out.

So I can imagine that someone can enjoy it at its current state.
The negativity is way overhyped with this games. Most of the posts in these type of topics are hive mind "durr everyone said it sucks" opinions from people who haven't played it.

I get the feeling a lot of people wanted this game to fail from the get go, especially a certain group of fans of certain platform that jerk off each other to GotY awards that didn't want this to win, and they just troll these topics.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The laptop and desktop has an RTX 3080. One can say its a bit overkill for Photoshop edits of astrophotos lol but I don't care. I need a machine that can blow anything away. Not in a hurry to buy so will take my time to find best possible deal.

With laptop be wary about Max-Q and Max-P ratings, first means that you will get RTX 3080 maybe on sticker slapped to the lid.

Astrophotos you say?

075.jpg

I'm only a few months into this so called deep space astrophotography hobby and damn what a ride it's been.

Woggleman

I have a feeling this game will have longer legs than people expect. There will also be people who are expecting a piece of garbage with no redeeming qualities and they find out that while far from perfect it does have a lot going for it when it runs well. Expectations are so low now that the game just has to be halfway decent to please newcomers.

Woggleman

This is why it was such a dumb move for them to release this before it was ready. It has the bones of something truly great but they forgot to put flesh on it. If they would have just waited they could have made a much better first impression.

Animated GIF

is this game good yet? Played it for 10 hours or so at launch on PS5 and crashes just drove me crazy. Plus it was really not very good either.
How did you find the first 10 hours "not very good" lol in comparison to what game?

I swear you guys found a way to turn a bugged launch into the quality of the game being bad.

You should have this mich vigor towards ubisoft, theyre fucking up our medium more than a bugged launch of an actual game that had some ambition.

How many 15 to 22 year olds are on this site lol

Last edited:

Beelzebubs

I mean the entire situation was fantastic for MS as CDPR/Sony essentially made it a timed exclusive for them. Would really love to see overall sales numbers in a year or so and see if PlayStation has sold more copies.

odhiex

I mean the entire situation was fantastic for MS as CDPR/Sony essentially made it a timed exclusive for them. Would really love to see overall sales numbers in a year or so and see if PlayStation has sold more copies.

I think that they sold more copies on Playstation compare to XBOX, despite not being on the PS Store for months.

I am sure that the PC version has been selling the most.

Last edited:

SNPlayen

I bought it recently physical for $39 AUD (around $30 US dollars) but dont intend on playing it until PS5 version comes out.

With laptop be wary about Max-Q and Max-P ratings, first means that you will get RTX 3080 maybe on sticker slapped to the lid.
Yeah pretty much all the Razer laptops in my area is Max-Q lol. Looking at the desktops now. I don't want none of that Max-Q bullshit. Nvidia is scummy. Best you gona get with laptop 3080 is performance on par with a desktop 3070 and that's if you're really pushing it.

EDIT: Sorry for double post.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Happy with that, it's one of my favourite games in my ps4 pro.. still think they shouldn't have released for ps4 base console in the first place

TheGrat1

Happy with that, it's one of my favourite games in my ps4 pro.. still think they shouldn't have released for ps4 base console in the first place
There is no way Sony/MS would have certified the game if it ran on enhanced consoles only. It would not make sense from a business perspective for either them or CDPR.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yeah pretty much all the Razer laptops in my area is Max-Q lol. Looking at the desktops now. I don't want none of that Max-Q bullshit. Nvidia is scummy. Best you gona get with laptop 3080 is performance on par with a desktop 3070 and that's if you're really pushing it.

EDIT: Sorry for double post.
This is more on the heads of the Laptop makers, the chips is pretty much identical...on LN2. Definitely go for dektop.

Top Bottom