• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 tops Playstation charts.

I did it.

i7 11700k
ROG Strix RTX 3080
1TB PCIE 4.0
32GB Ram

34 inch ultrawide 165Hz gaming monitor 1440p

Picking it up on Friday

EDIT: Actually picked up my new desktop today lol. Store called me this afternoon to collect and typing this now on the PC 😁😁😁
FUCK YES BRO! Can't wait for you to get it and get aquatinted with everything! You gotta add me on Steam and discord, and we'll get you going. I probably have a handful of steam codes I can give you too.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Wont touch this until the next gen version is available.

But some of us knew this might happen once Sony allowed it back on PSN. Like someone said it was basically a timed exclusive when Sony pulled it. Now that its back, #1. So....do timed exclusives hurt a game's sales? 🤷‍♂️

Like with so much in life, it depends.

Last edited:

Pallas

It’s a great game that had a very rough unfortunate start. I can sit here and argue all day on why it should have stayed next gen only but that’s a really tired subject. Putting aside the developers(and the way they hyped the game pre launch), the game has a really fascinating world with a lot of interesting characters.

Kenpachii

I can see why it sells

6633a69a66fbe50e6e5d6e8e47c43228.png

Sane price.

before competing with half life 3, how about cyberpunk 2077 takes on gta 3 from 2001 first. that game's traffic AI knows how to drive past you if you stand still in the middle of the road. yeah i think if you are claiming you work on the most "immersive open world city yet", which is a direct quote from cdpr it's kinda important to have some sort of traffic AI because cars just standing still forever is a little immersion breaking, same with peds disappearing into thin air as soon as you turn around. i'm not asking for too much here, there are 10 year old chinese mobile games that have better traffic AI and more realistic ped behavior than cyberpunk. as for bethesda, i don't think they have ever sunk so low as to put car chase/turret sections into the game where it doesn't even matter if you shoot the enemy or not. ubisoft games might not be the best in terms of writing but they have working Ai that knows how to find you if you shoot at them from a distance. the skill tree in a far cry game is miles ahead of the one in cyberpunk and more importantly every skill works in an ubisoft game. cyberpunk didn't even manage to do that. cyberpunk tries a lot of things but the problem is it fails in almost every aspect it attempts to do.

but pls tell me what aspects about cyberpunk are so great, i'm all ears. i thought even the writing was very mediocre, in the end i didn't care about a single person i met or interacted with in the game. i'm not a huge bioware fan but mass effect shits all over cyberpunk in terms of story and characters. i'm sorry i know panam has a fat ass but that doesn't make her a great character. btw i played through cyberpunk 2077 on my pc.
Dude with your logic, red dead 2 just shits all over witcher 3 because witcher 3's horse A.I. and animations don't compete. Thats how asinine putting as much emphasis on the traffic in cyberpunk 2077 is....

Not exactly the feature that makes or breaks what that game is prioritizing. Are you just...imposing your own desires on what you want the game to be?

And look at you, excusing bethesda and ubisoft like they made a better game recently lol cdpr didnt have the gull to not even a WRITE their quests. The quest "The Hunt" was a better quest than any of the uninspired shit you get from any of those devs. That alone should let you know what cyberpunk does well.

Did you even like the witcher 3 dude? I cant see how you can go from respecting a game like that, and think none of the traits within it would carry over to this game. Unless your a kid who doesnt even respect the witcher 3 or understand or value what it did so well, and in that case you are looking for a completely different thing than what cdpr is going for.

You care more about car chases and rampages clearly from your gripes, why else would you give 2 shits about the cops and traffic unless you were in fact trying to play this like it was 2001 GTA. And usually dumb people approach games that way lol

Yep, stupidity of some CP2077/CDPR haters is beyond me. Company did many things wrong and game was a bugfest at launch but that doesn't translate to product = shit
The lack of nuance in these people is astounding. Their minds can't seperate a bugged launch from the substance of the title.

And to shit on cdpr of all devs is what gets me...
How as a gamer you cant respect this dev more is beyond me

Unless the age rabge of these people are...young. then i can see it.

Last edited:

TastyPastry

Dude with your logic, red dead 2 just shits all over witcher 3 because witcher 3's horse A.I. and animations don't compete. Thats how asinine putting as much emphasis on the traffic in cyberpunk 2077 is....

Not exactly the feature that makes or breaks what that game is prioritizing. Are you just...imposing your own desires on what you want the game to be?

And look at you, excusing bethesda and ubisoft like they made a better game recently lol cdpr didnt have the gull to not even a WRITE their quests. The quest "The Hunt" was a better quest than any of the uninspired shit you get from any of those devs. That alone should let you know what cyberpunk does well.

Did you even like the witcher 3 dude? I cant see how you can go from respecting a game like that, and think none of the traits within it would carry over to this game. Unless your a kid who doesnt even respect the witcher 3 or understand or value what it did so well, and in that case you are looking for a completely different thing than what cdpr is going for.

You care more about car chases and rampages clearly from your gripes, why else would you give 2 shits about the cops and traffic unless you were in fact trying to play this like it was 2001 GTA. And usually dumb people approach games that way lol

dude it wasn't me who decided to make cyberpunk 2077 an open world game in a big futuristic city. it was cdpr themselves, so their game gets compared to other open world games, simple as that. in know that rockstar is leagues ahead of everyone else in that regard, i never expected cdpr to get to the same level in terms of an open world but cyberpunk 2077 is the second most expensive game that has ever been made so why can't the game get compared to something like saints row or sleeping dogs when it comes to making a believable open world city? i want to emphasize this because i know you will just try to make it sound like i want cyberpunk to be a different game with rampages and stuff but it's not about that for me, it is simply about immersion and i just can't get immersed into the game if the city the game takes place in feels artificial and dead. traffic AI is not my priority it is just something that kinda has to exist to make a big open world city with cars in it believable and other devs made that possible 15 years ago with far fewer resources, so why can't cdpr? if they can't do those basic things why did they make cyberpunk an open world game in the first place? i'm not asking for much here i just want cars to drive past me if i stand still in the middle of the road ok? i want peds to shoot back or run away or do anything other than just squatting on the floor once you go do one of those ncpd scanner missions and a fight breaks out. i want night city to offer me at least SOMETHING other than markers on the map with people to shoot. i'm not into trains but a working metro would at least make the city feel a little bit more alive. that's the point i was trying to make.

i never claimed ubisoft games are better written than cyberpunk 2077, it is true that cyberpunk has a little bit better writing than the typical ubisoft game but it's also true that the writing is nothing special. like i said mass effect and also the witcher series shit all over cyberpunk in terms of story and characters. if you don't agree then tell me where are the characters in cyberpunk that people connected with as much with as a garrus or a liara? you can't even talk to most characters outside of story missions. you can call panam on the phone and she gives you the same three lines forever. you can visit judy at her house but there is no way to interact with her in any way. i guess that wasn't a priority either right?

also it's quiet funny that you just picked my point about traffic AI but you won't say anything about all the other points i made. what about the terrible crafting, the non working perks, the terrible UI, the unbalanced game economy, the stupid enemy AI, the non existent difficulty curve, the bad loot system, the bad driving physics, the fact that you look like a clown if you go for the best stats with your clothing. let me guess, all of those systems were not their priority. so what was their priority? the story? well if you have only read one cyberpunk book in your life or watched the bad altered carbon show on netflix you've already seen far better.

Last edited:
It's probably worth mentioning that Sony seemed to have worked a deal with CDPR for the return as it's now a budget game on the PlayStation, not in terms of being discounted as such but the listed price is now 20% lower on PlayStation platforms as standard than it is on Xbox platforms.
Much like the PlayStation listing, the game does also carry a warning against "playing it on first generation Xbox One" due to performance issues.

Woggleman

I just looked at some PS5 footage out of curiosity and the streets really are dead. You can walk for blocks and see maybe a few people. I don't know why it seems so much more lively and crowded on Series X.

skit_data

I just looked at some PS5 footage out of curiosity and the streets really are dead. You can walk for blocks and see maybe a few people. I don't know why it seems so much more lively and crowded on Series X.
Its just running the PS4 Pro version.

It is more crowded on Series X because it is a One X game that has some changes in it that takes Series X added horsepower into account, likely due to Xbox marketing deal.

iHaunter

I'll download it again on PS5 or PC as i'm contemplating picking up a gaming laptop or desktop (still so fucking undecided lol)

There's always a chance to reverse bad fortune. CDPR has this chance so i'm hopeful they can pull something off.
PS5 still fucked up but way better than PS4. PC is best atm.

Woggleman

Its just running the PS4 Pro version.

It is more crowded on Series X because it is a One X game that has some changes in it that takes Series X added horsepower into account, likely due to Xbox marketing deal.
I heard that the PS5 doesn't even have the option to choose between 30 or 60s FPS. It seems that the Series X has some extra stuff added to the version that the original X Box version doesn't have.

skit_data

I heard that the PS5 doesn't even have the option to choose between 30 or 60s FPS. It seems that the Series X has some extra stuff added to the version that the original X Box version doesn't have.
Yes, that’s correct. Not a full next gen upgrade but better than the One X version. It’s a pretty curious case IMO.

Well, it is not a surprise that Cyberpunk 2077 tops Playstation charts. Although it had a rough start, The game overall is amazing, I'm not finished yet, I try and complete as many side quests as possible and most side quests are deep story-driven missions that feel like its own story by itself (almost like the main mission). I'm currently on plus/minus 56 hours of gameplay and I have enjoyed every second of it. I'm currently playing Cyberpunk 2077 on my Xbox one X, it has an odd couple of frame drops but the overall experience is great. I personally haven't had the game crash on me nor have I had any game-breaking bugs.

Armorian

Banned
I started playing in December and even didn't encounter many bugs back then, but overall negativity about the game forced to put in on hold. So I'm playing again and game is quite great so far. I couldn't care less about traffick ai, this game isn't about driving through city... Reminds me that jak 2 had open world but only for getting from one mission to the other.

Armorian

Banned
I hope this game regain some good will with next gen upgrade because right now on PC it looks amazing, majority of bugs are fixed and even Hideo Kojima is in it!

Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2021.07.17---19.56.42.86.png

Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2021.07.17---19.33.57.78.png
Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2021.07.17---20.35.13.45.png

Puskas

A fool and his money are soon parted.

At this point I’m just happy not having bought this shit show and trying to justify my money’s worth.

Braag

A fool and his money are soon parted.

At this point I’m just happy not having bought this shit show and trying to justify my money’s worth.
Are you saying anyone who enjoyed this game is trying to justify their money's worth?

Armorian

Banned
I guess watching endless hours of glitch compilations of this game online can distort one's brain to think anyone who liked the game has to be wrong.

Many people developed hate for this game after watching stuff like this and they think game is shit without even playing it. We have many examples in this thread.

I'm surprised how amazing this game is right now, and PC version has been like that for quite some time I think.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
On one hand I'm perplexed to why people would buy a game thats a broken mess, but on the other hand with the boost in popularity I'd like to think CDPR will eventually fix and add great content. I haven't touched the game since early February and still have no interest whatsoever in playing this game until a next gen patch anyway.

assurdum

Banned
Because Xbox console has higher grafic setting of the playstation. Yes even the Xbox one base. And people said just Sony would be capable to ask cutbacks in the multiplat counterparts (aka the infamous RE8 exclusive deal contract). lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom