• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters

Isendurl

I mean....do you not hear what you are saying?...

I dunno, do you actually read what you are typing? Because it reads like rambling of the crazy person, maybe you should work on that pal.

Im also not interested in arguing with people saying stuff like "investors are suing them, that means they lied to us about those features!"
It genuinely feels like arguing with kids who just learned that Santa isn't real.

Sorry if I spoiled the surprise for some of you kids,

Last edited:

EDMIX

I dunno, do you actually read what you are typing? Because it reads like rambling of the crazy person, maybe you should work on that pal.

Im also not interested in arguing with people saying stuff like "investors are suing them, that means they lied to us about those features!"
It genuinely feels like arguing with kids who just learned that Santa isn't real.

Sorry if I spoiled the surprise for some of you kids,

Personal attacks doesn't really answer anything though, simply sounds like a way to avoid any discussion. They lied already, thus its within reason to question most of what they are saying afterward if they will lie about the state of the game.

I mean....do you not hear what you are saying? Sir they're literally being sued for omitting information to their own investors why would they not then omit information from consumers? I have no fucking problem with a game missing a few features but the purposeful LACK OF TRANSPARANCY of the massive laundry list of things that are missing in this game are so substantial it's starting to make it sound as if there's a fraud involved as in it was their intent to tell people about a feature that literally was never going to be put in the game with the hopes that consumers would purchase the game based on something that did not exist.

So I'm willing to excuse stuff like wall running or even the train not being in the game for you to ride but when you're omitting information like the artificial intelligence of the NPCs not having their daily lives like the bullshit that was stated previously or the cops having the ability to accept bribes or the weather being Dynamic with acid rain I mean my God the list just goes on and it tells me there was intent to continue to say this stuff to mislead the public especially since they're fucking being sued for misleading their investors.

It means the company's comment cannot be taken at face value you cannot actually accept what they're saying if they're already lying about other things.

Even if we want to run on the classic BS excuse of "things change over the years doe" 2 months? What on Earth happened to the car tuning?

So...in 2 months, that shit didn't exist? Yet this game was suppose to fucking come out in April 2020... So I'm greatly questioning how much of this game really was going to exist back in April if this is what we are getting in December. They lied to investors, I see no reason to then believe they wouldn't lie to consumers.

edit.

and before anyone starts to pretend that none of us expected some tuning shit, never forget.....

We simply expected the game to be what the developers in clear English told us it would be. So I followed this game for years, I've criticized them for a long time too, but even I was expecting 2 fucking months from release they'd have features they are telling us IN THE FUCKING TRAILERS of the game. Why make this if its not working at all? It sounds like the intent was to get sales more then actually making a working, functional product.

Wait? Where in that official trailer does it say there was going to be a vehicle customization feature??? Can you point out the exact minute and second where it explicitly says so and shows you can actually costumize vehicles, please? Cause I don't see it anywhere.

Also, have you actually played the game? Cause what I see in the video is exactly what I get playing the game. If you refer to the scene at 2:01 minute mark, where one of the characters in the game is under a 4x4 car, which actual scene is where you get to have a conversations with her while she is doing mechanical repair to her own car... then, you imagined things by yourself...

I expect you to respond, cause either you got too confused and imagined things by yourself, or you are directly trolling here.

Although, I might be wrong but I think I remember an interview where they confirmed there wasn't going to be vehicule customization, we wouldn't not get anything like a Need For Speed game, like months ago.

About the missing features. In some interviews we got certain details about features the game would have some way or another, details coming directly by own game designers and developers's mouth, and that we never ended up getting within the actual game, or not getting them in the way how they actually described or we expected them. However, the majority of the stuffs we didn't get at all were from just old trailers and old gameplay videos that explicitly said the message "Work in Progress - some game features are subject to change"; so did they lie? maybe. Where the things they said months, even years ago subject to change?? Definitely. They had been very explicit about the "subject to change" thing a while ago, and everything they showed up after the message stop showing is, right now, there in the game.... Including everything we see in the video about vehicles...

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Wait? Where in that official trailer does it say there was going to be a vehicle customization feature??? Can you point out the exact minute and second where it explicitly says so and shows you can actually costumize vehicles, please? Cause I don't see it anywhere.

They repeatedly said in interviews there was no vehicle customization feature in the game. Not even tuning. You won't convince EDMIX though.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Also, have you actually played the game? Cause what I see in the video is exactly what I get playing the game. If you refer to the scene at 2:01 minute mark, where one of the characters in the game is under a 4x4 car, which actual scene is where you get to have a conversations with her while she is doing mechanical repair to her own car... then, you imagined things by yourself...

I expect you to respond, cause either you got too confused and imagined things by yourself, or you are directly trolling here.

Although, I might be wrong but I think I remember an interview where they confirmed there wasn't going to be vehicule customization, we wouldn't not get anything like a Need For Speed game, like months ago.

About the missing features. In some interviews we got certain details about features the game would have some way or another, details coming directly by own game designers and developers's mouth, and that we never ended up getting within the actual game, or not getting them in the way how they actually described or we expected them. However, the majority of the stuffs we didn't get at all were from just old trailers and old gameplay videos that explicitly said the message "Work in Progress - some game features are subject to change"; so did they lie? maybe. Where the things they said months, even years ago subject to change?? Definitely. They had been very explicit about the "subject to change" thing a while ago, and everything they showed up after the message stop showing is, right now, there in the game.... Including everything we see in the video about vehicles...

I recall they very much state tuning would be a thing, I mean...in the very trailer its staying "Their powerful engines and exchangeable parts make them perfect for tuning.". What many of us thought was that customization in terms of BODYWORK was not going to be in the game.

Yup

This was right after they announced the first release date (which I bet the devs weren't even aware of)

I recall they very much state tuning would be a thing, I mean...in the very trailer its staying "Their powerful engines and exchangeable parts make them perfect for tuning." What many of us thought was that customization in terms of BODYWORK was not going to be in the game.

"On top of this, the new footage includes some new vehicles and in an interview with IGN, lead quest designer Pawel Sasko talked about these vehicles and whether players will be able to steal and customise their rides.

Sasko confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077 will not have vehicle customisation, which will be a huge disappointment to many players. "When it comes to vehicles, as a player, you can own different vehicles but you do not really customise them, you actually own vehicles that have already been customised," Sasko explained . "You can find different vehicles that are already tuned-up but you do not do it yourself."

https://www.altchar.com/game-news/cyberpunk-2077-wont-have-vehicle-customisation-aonab8e3yY6b

They confirmed back then the game won't let you customize cars. And I remember the same news being everywhere, cause every single minor detail about the game was basically "Break News" due to how ridiculously hyped this game was. Perhaps another missing feature from the "Game in Progress" list, but it was confirmed months ago.

About the "Their powerful engines and exchangeable parts make them perfect for tuning"; basically talking about lore. If there had been indication of customizable vehicle or tuning, they would've shown it off right there in the video that is just talking about the type of cars you encounter within the game and their descriptions, basically lore. You are basically showing us a video claiming the game doesn't have a feature showed right in that specific video, as if it have any screen about customization options showed off for the viewer..

"On top of this, the new footage includes some new vehicles and in an interview with IGN, lead quest designer Pawel Sasko talked about these vehicles and whether players will be able to steal and customise their rides.

Sasko confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077 will not have vehicle customisation, which will be a huge disappointment to many players. "When it comes to vehicles, as a player, you can own different vehicles but you do not really customise them, you actually own vehicles that have already been customised," Sasko explained . "You can find different vehicles that are already tuned-up but you do not do it yourself."

https://www.altchar.com/game-news/cyberpunk-2077-wont-have-vehicle-customisation-aonab8e3yY6b

They confirmed back then the game won't let you customize cars. And I remember the same news being everywhere, cause every single minor detail about the game was basically "Break News" due to how ridiculously hyped this game was. Perhaps another missing feature from the "Game in Progress" list, but it was confirmed months ago.

About the "Their powerful engines and exchangeable parts make them perfect for tuning"; basically talking about lore. If there had been indication of customizable vehicle or tuning, they would've shown it off right there in the video that is just talking about the type of cars you encounter within the game and their descriptions, basically lore. You are basically showing us a video claiming the game doesn't have a feature showed right in that specific video, as if it have any screen about customization options showed off for the viewer..

Yeah, cut at the last minute like I said

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. Dunkey had a *ROUGH* time with this game if all of these clips are actually his.

I haven't experienced even like 1% of the jank displayed in this video in my 47+ hours with the game thus far.

Hilarious video, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit. Dunkey had a *ROUGH* time with this game if all of these clips are actually his.

I haven't experienced even like 1% of the jank displayed in this video in my 47+ hours with the game thus far.

Hilarious video, though!

I enjoyed the game at first but I gave up due to many of the things this guy said. The bugs were annoying (albeit sometimes funny) the the story wasn't great and the phone calls going off every few mins was annoying and I oukdnt even remember what I was doing.

Braag

Hilarious video, though!

Pretty sure most are from compilation vids. I've seen most of them a dozen times posted before.
I mean Dunkey's whole thing is to make a funny meme video after all.

More than halfway into this video... he said he was out to address how the CORE of the game has issues... not seeing that at all. This video is mostly just about what was marketed and if it exists in the game as well as bugs. His problems with the core gameplay are mostly just one off comments he makes.

Most of his actual criticisms are fine but he does some disingenuous stuff a lot of critics of the game have been doing, sometimes outright lying? They usually state things in such a way it SOUNDS LIKE they're telling you what the game always does instead of what it did sometimes, but there's plausible deniability there to an extent, still when he tells me looking away and looking back causes cars to appear/disappear or pedestrians to appear/disappear it's kinda weird that 90% of the time I play it on PC I can't replicate this thing he claims is the "norm". Same with the stuff about the sound, he mentions only playing on PC but uses console footage for this, meaning to me he used someone else's footage because for him the sound played fine when he played it. It's a problem that happens, it's an annoying glitch but he's using it to deride the game's sound in general when it's not an example of what the sound is like in that particular section for everyone, nevermind the entire game.

The over-promises is true, but the same happened with Witcher 3, he just wasn't part of that game's hype cycle. I'm not sure why people can so easily "settle" for what Witcher 3 turned out to be but not Cyberpunk. 90% of this video isn't judging the game for what it is, but what he wanted it to be or what it was said to be by marketing at some point. It's fine to be mad about that but it's not how games ought to be reviewed. He also calls them out for not telling us features were cut... but they did tell us lots of the features he complains about got cut, he complains a good deal about wall running for instance but that was something they specifically told us wouldn't be in the game any more.

This NPC following him forever is pretty funny.

I got this black bar, but saving and then hitting load got rid of it.

The bugs during scripted missions definitely should have been found and fixed, so I agree with that. He's once more claiming footage is his game while using console footage, btw.

Complains too much about how much dialogue there is in an RPG.

No in-depth stuff on gameplay mechanics, quality of dialogue, characters, story, visuals, etc. This is not an actual review and much like CDPR he doesn't do what he promised to do, he doesn't address things that can't be patched and fixed. Most of what he addresses are things that very likely will be patched and even things that will probably change with free DLC down the line. Not a fan of these sorts of metoo "I have a complaint about broken promises and bugs, too!" vids which he claimed his video wasn't... but it is.

I find it funny how this game gets criticized for not having the same animations as RDR2 but didn't people spend the past two years criticizing RDR2 for having those animations? I swear certain parts of the gaming community are like nagging wives who are never satisfied.
The game is flawed at other aspects. Most of all is the ai being non existent or everything being mostly scripted like all car chases or ur dialogues having 98% no actual meaning etc...

This game is flawed in many other ways that animation is the last thing to worry about .

Hugare

The game is flawed at other aspects. Most of all is the ai being non existent or everything being mostly scripted like all car chases or ur dialogues having 98% no actual meaning etc...

This game is flawed in many other ways that animation is the last thing to worry about .
"Dialogues having 98% no acutal meaning", is such bullshit

Right after finishing The Gig during the beginning of the game, you may block yourself of having a cool sidequest if you choose different dialogue at the end of the quest.

Yesterday I saved one of the most important sidecharacters in the story that I could have let it die if I did nothing, and the story would go on

There's a mission where you can decide the fate of a whole gang, killing all of them if you choose so

"Oh but the main story progresses the same". Doesn't matter, you are changing the world around you and the fate of its characters.

I can only think of one game that had more important choices than this one: Fallout NV.
But that game reused a lot of things already established in F3, looked like shit, had a waay less ambitious open world design and etc.
Doing something like that in Cyberpunk would be 10x harder and more expensive.

Last edited:
"Dialogues having 98% no acutal meaning", is such bullshit

Right after finishing The Gig during the beginning of the game, you may block yourself of having a cool sidequest if you choose different dialogue at the end of the quest.

Yesterday I saved one of the most important sidecharacters in the story that I could have let it die if I did nothing, and the story would go on

There's a mission where you can decide the fate of a whole gang, killing all of them if you choose so

"Oh but the main story progresses the same". Doesn't matter, you are changing the world around you and the fate of its characters.

I can only think of one game that had more important choices than this one: Fallout NV.
But that game reused a lot of things already established in F3, looked like shit, had a waay less ambitious open world design and etc.
Doing something like that in Cyberpunk would be 10x harder and more expensive.

And even then Fallout New Vegas only has two final missions, this game has multiple ways to do the final mission with more endings that are far more than just narration telling you what happened.

The game is a massive let down and does not fulfill nearly any of the promises made
It's an ok game, 7/10

just lol at the CDPR fanboys standing up for this MASSIVE FAIL

Woggleman

The game is a massive let down and does not fulfill nearly any of the promises made
It's an ok game, 7/10

I am not a CDPR fanboy. This is the first game of them I ever played and while I admit the flaws I am greatly enjoying myself with it.

ur dialogues having 98% no actual meaning etc...

This is 100% false. Did you play the game thoroughly or are you just quoting some lying Youtube grifter?

It's an ok game, 7/10

Did you actually play it? Let's see some receipts. They made back the cost of the game through pre-orders alone. What a "fail."

Lol at a "broken, unfinished" game living rent free inside peoples' heads a month after release.

THEAP99

Banned
Thoughts on every Gamer's favorite youtube reviewer?

ErmPhE4XcAAPmnl

azz0r

Banned

Hilarious video, though!

When people say they don't see the issues Cyberpunk has, I can only wonder how bad my copy is for some reason, because I can turn the game on and within 2 minutes something like the below would have happened;

- Had random npcs dropping to the ground
- Something falling through the floor
- Some building or road texture wont load in properly
- Being thrown randomly when running and clipping anything
- npcs disappearing entirely
- Something dropping from the sky
- My body or arms not loading
- Being unable to jump
- A crash

etc

Madflavor

"Fuck man. This one hurt."

Yes. Yes it did Joe. Both TLoU2 and CP77 failed me last year. FFVII Remake is the only one that stuck the landing of my most anticipated games.

martino

Hilarious video, though!

same here.
But i'm also the guy that have played 500H+ of bethesda games without even one bug.
When people say they don't see the issues Cyberpunk has, I can only wonder how bad my copy is for some reason, because I can turn the game on and within 2 minutes something like the below would have happened;

- Had random npcs dropping to the ground
- Something falling through the floor
- Some building or road texture wont load in properly
- Being thrown randomly when running and clipping anything
- npcs disappearing entirely
- Something dropping from the sky
- My body or arms not loading
- Being unable to jump
- A crash

etc
50 h+ gameplay on my end :
- Had random npcs dropping to the ground (never happened)
- Something falling through the floor (never happened)
- Some building or road texture wont load in properly (never happened)
- Being thrown randomly when running and clipping anything (happened a few times)
- npcs disappearing entirely (happened a few times)
- Something dropping from the sky (never happened)
- My body or arms not loading (never happened)
- Being unable to jump (happened a lot)
- A crash (never happened)

i also got strange tree behaviors 2 or tree times some physics bugs using the bike off road and one t character in the night club but that's all.

Last edited:

John2290

same here.
But i'm also the guy that have played 500H+ of bethesda games without even one bug.

50 h+ gameplay on my end :
- Had random npcs dropping to the ground (never happened)
- Something falling through the floor (never happened)
- Some building or road texture wont load in properly (never happened)
- Being thrown randomly when running and clipping anything (happened a few times)
- npcs disappearing entirely (happened a few times)
- Something dropping from the sky (never happened)
- My body or arms not loading (never happened)
- Being unable to jump (happened a lot)
- A crash (never happened)

i also got strange tree behaviors 2 or tree times some physics bugs using the bike off road and one t character in the night club but that's all.
Had everyone of those things happen multiple times and a list triple it's length on 30 hrs.

Top Bottom