• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 refunds are now reportedly being offered by GameStop

He's right though, this is people who are using exploits to fill up their inventory with 1000+ items.
I've been playing the game for around 6 hours so far and I'm still in the prologue as I've been doing side stuff. The game has items LITTERED EVERYWHERE in the world. I have no doubt that it would be extremely easy to get a huge inventory just from picking stuff up if you aren't doing a lot of inventory management.

I am speaking of other people's experiences, as they've reported from their own mouths.
And that's your problem. You fell for internet drama and are now spreading BS. There are exact 0 complains about save file size on this forum. The only people complaining about it are the same idiot YouTubers who just a few days ago were posting guides on how to abuse item duplication glitch.

Poetic justice.

Go and play the damn game, you might actually like it. As long as you play on the PC. :messenger_sunglasses:

And that's your problem. You fell for internet drama and are now spreading BS. There are exact 0 complains about save file size on this forum. The only people complaining about it are the same idiot YouTubers who just a few days ago were posting guides on how to abuse item duplication glitch.

Poetic justice.

Go and play the damn game, you might actually like it. As long as you play on the PC. :messenger_sunglasses:
I'm already playing the game, firstly. Secondly, given the myriad of other issues which have been proven and documented in this game, as well as constant small bugs and glitches I've experienced myself with buggy textures, shadows, floating NPCs; not to mention the awful AI, I'll choose to believe the people who have actually had their save corrupted and have said that they did not use any glitch, rather than one single person who dismisses them just because it didn't happen to them. It's not like this is the game's only supposed issue, it's not like it has a good track record of polish so far.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This is a HUGE lie! None of those games were worse than this.
Were those games a bigger blunder than this? No. Were they launched in worse shape than Cyberpunk? Certainly. I mean No Man's Sky wasn't just buggy it was totally missing like, most of the game they promised. And Shadow of Mordor last-gen was missing the nemesis system and ran like a bag of assholes. Anthem was literally bricking systems, and barely even a game.

Cyberpunk is an excellent game that runs shitty on base consoles and crashes a lot for some (but not all) users. But I know plenty of people playing on console who really like it. I am playing on PC and it's probably gonna be my GOTY.

This backlash is not because this game is the most broken high profile game, or even anywhere close, it's because 1) it was one of the most anticipated games ever 2) They immediately fell on their sword and promised refunds, creating a giant shitstorm with partners.

That's really the main reasons this is being amplified to quite the extent it is.

Were those games a bigger blunder than this? No. Were they launched in worse shape than Cyberpunk? Certainly. I mean No Man's Sky wasn't just buggy it was totally missing like, most of the game they promised. And Shadow of Mordor last-gen was missing the nemesis system and ran like a bag of assholes. Anthem was literally bricking systems, and barely even a game.

Cyberpunk is an excellent game that runs shitty on base consoles and crashes a lot for some (but not all) users. But I know plenty of people playing on console who really like it. I am playing on PC and it's probably gonna be my GOTY.

This backlash is not because this game is the most broken high profile game, or even anywhere close, it's because 1) it was one of the most anticipated games ever 2) They immediately fell on their sword and promised refunds, creating a giant shitstorm with partners.

That's really the main reasons this is being amplified to quite the extent it is.
None of those games were even remotely in as bad a shape as CP77 on PS4 and Xbox One. But the game is a huge blunder, missing features and very buggy on all platforms. The worst part of all of this however is the lying by CDPR about how it performs on base consoles, but also about many features missing from the game.

Also the Anthem bricking consoles thing is fake, I literally posted a link showing that earlier in this thread:
False, that was shown to be untrue: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ue-next-week-review-finds-no-consoles-bricked

The game had crashes, while were fixed very quickly. Cyberpunk crashes far more frequently on consoles, with no fix yet in sight, with ALL the other problems I mentioned which Anthem did not have.

Last edited:
And what's wrong with speaking about other people's experiences? Isn't that how the world works?
Nothing wrong about it. But I take my own experience over experience of some random dude on some forum somewhere.

I played the game with a heavy focus on looting and crafting skill-tree for 113 hours. I finished every activity and mission in the game. Looted every location that I came across. I used in-game methods like crafting a very rare granades only to dismantle them to get more parts. I reached level 20 in technical abilities and got every perk related to crafting. My file size is 5.8MB. There's no way in hell you can reach 8MB without glitching the game or playing for hundreds of hours.

Is it a problem? Yes, it is. Will it affect anyone who just plays the game without using duplication glitch? No way.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
On the plus side maybe I can pick up a console version for $20 soon to hold for when everythiing is fully patched.

I checked my PC save and it is only 4.5mb after 35 hours and some crafting mixed throughout.

Mega_Deth

Really should have delayed the game by 4-6 months. I'm sure it will eventually be a very good game but the game has now been tarnished. It is unlikely that all the people who got refunds will purchase the game later down the line when it is finally fixed.

Nothing wrong about it. But I take my own experience over experience of some random dude on some forum somewhere.

I played the game with a heavy focus on looting and crafting skill-tree for 113 hours. I finished every activity and mission in the game. Looted every location that I came across. I used in-game methods like crafting a very rare granades only to dismantle them to get more parts. I reached level 20 in technical abilities and got every perk related to crafting. My file size is 5.8MB. There's no way in hell you can reach 8MB without glitching the game or playing for hundreds of hours.

Is it a problem? Yes, it is. Will it affect anyone who just plays the game without using duplication glitch? No way.
So you - literally a "random dude on some forum somewhere" - wants other people to trust you that there is nothing wrong because you haven't experienced it yourself, over multiple random people on some forum who are reporting an issue? This, in a game which has many other confirmed issues, lending credit to the idea that there might be more of them? The irony writes itself.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
None of those games were even remotely in as bad a shape as CP77 on PS4 and Xbox One.
I respectfully disagree. Anthem, No Man's Sky, Fallout 77 were not only buggy, they were bad games, missing shitloads of content, and at least a year away from complete. Cyberpunk is a complete, high-quality game that is missing a couple months of polish. There's a huge difference.

But the game is a huge blunder, missing features and very buggy on all platforms. The worst part of all of this however is the lying by CDPR about how it performs on base consoles, but also about many features missing from the game.
There are not "many features missing," the game very closely resembles what was demonstrated in playables over the years. Yes, they cut wall-running because it broke the game, yes there are vestiges of what was probably meant to be a more GTA-like police system that got cut, but the game is fucking lavish with content by any measure, so that feels pretty petty when comparing to shit like Fallout 77 or Anthem which were barely even games at launch. Cyberpunk is a very good game, even with the bugs. Could it have used more time for polish and balancing? Abso-fucking-lutely. But it's a lot closer to being finished than any of these others.

I do agree that lying made it worse. I don't think people have picked up on it yet, but even the Pro and One X footage they showed is not representative of the game that shipped, with LODs higher than the XSX and PS5.

Last edited:
So you - literally a "random dude on some forum somewhere" - wants other people to trust you that there is nothing wrong because you haven't experienced it yourself, over multiple random people on some forum who are reporting an issue? This, in a game which has many other confirmed issues, lending credit to the idea that there might be more of them? The irony writes itself.

I can confirm all other issues: non-existing police AI, weird vehicle collision, floating objects, objects that can't be picked from the ground, T-posing characters, fucked up quests... you name it, I experienced them all in my now 145+ hours with the game.

But this right here, this save file size controversy - non issue.

I've been on this forum long enough to say that some people here will value my opinion/experience with the game over fake-drama click-bait-attention-hungry-YouTube whores or random nobodys on other forums. :messenger_sunglasses:

Hr27PqA.jpg

Why are you defending CDPR? It shouldn't matter if it hit 8MBs or not. The save should get corrupted either way.

I said as much, myself, but apparently pointing out reasonable things like the fact that most people won't encounter this because you need to exploit the game to experience it is some kind of defense? No, I'm attacking drama clickbait morons who exaggerate everything for clicks.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

But if it's 100s of experiences of random people on the internet, then at some point maybe they found an issue that you did have. And are you sure you can say what I bolded? I don't think you have enough data to prove that.

Neil Young

I played the game for 113 hours on my first playthrough. I specialized my character in crafting (maxed it out), crafted shit ton of items, weapons, clothing, you name it. My save file is 5.8MB.

The only people with save file size problems are the same who are abusing economy and using duplication glitches etc. If you're glitching the game you shouldn't cry when your save glitches out.

Internet drama, that's what it is.
Yeah, I thought I misread the original complaint. They seemed to gloss over the "exploiting a glitch" part.

I'm about 30 hours in on One X. Game runs fine, looks great, has not crashed for me once, and many of the glitches I encounter involve bodies getting stuck in the environment after I kill them.

Like I mentioned in another thread, if I didn't visit this site and follow gaming news in general, I would have no idea that the game had problems worse than any other game.

Yeah, I thought I misread the original complaint. They seemed to gloss over the "exploiting a glitch" part.

I'm about 30 hours in on One X. Game runs fine, looks great, has not crashed for me once, and many of the glitches I encounter involve bodies getting stuck in the environment after I kill them.

Like I mentioned in another thread, if I didn't visit this site and follow gaming news in general, I would have no idea that the game had problems worse than any other game.
Amen to that. Game is an amazing achievement. Can't wait for expansions and DLC. There's so much potential in the city they created and in the setting.

I hope for Night City in 2020 DLC with that classic retro-futuristic look and feel to it.

mckmas8808

Fallout 76 says hold my beer

That was a terrible launch, but Bethesda were better in dealing with that bad launch than CDPR. I mean for god sakes CDPR were bragging about making a profit after 2 days of sales. Like dude.......whereas Bethesda were warning people a week before launch that Fallout 76 was broken.

You guys sound like crazy people. You're acting like Trump after he lost the election. Your reality, isn't the majority reality. You're living in a fantasy land if you think Cyberpunk 2077 had a good launch and everything else is overblown.

Last edited:
That was a terrible launch, but Bethesda were better in dealing with that bad launch than CDPR. I mean for god sakes CDPR were bragging about making a profit after 2 days of sales. Like dude.......whereas Bethesda were warning people a week before launch that Fallout 76 was broken.

You guys sound like crazy people. You're acting like Trump after he lost the election. Your reality, isn't the majority reality. You're living in a fantasy land if you think Cyberpunk 2077 had a good launch and everything else is overblown.
Bethesda handled that game and it's PR for 6 months about as well as a Simp with his money. I would agree that probably the console versions of CP are worse but that game was so damn broken and not even from a glitch perspective. The amount of exploits and cheating in 76 was crazy.

Hey gamers, remember that canvas bag we promised? To fucking bad, we don't plan on doing anything about it. How that game didn't get pulled from store shelves I will never know. Oh and the MCC was literally UNPLAYABLE for months with it's online component.

This video still misses on a lot of other problems that the game faced.

Last edited:

as1m

Banned
No Mans sky? Really? Cyberpunk is way better than nms was at launch.
Not denying those games. But it’s not entirely unreasonable to imagine that CDPR may have had some contractual obligations with partners eg Sony, on the basis that a day 1 patch would resolve such issues. Maybe the failed to deliver and thus were GTFO’d as a result.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Side note: Gamestop stock is now at $18. Up $3 today. Investors are buying up, including institutions and Chewy(?).

This stock bottom at about $3.

CP2077 is way worse though. Like the game shouldn't have been made on last gen worse.
I agree with that. But imo 76 and the MCC were worse as they affected ALL platforms equally bad. Hell, 343 only had ONE fucking platform to optimize for and the MP was still broken for months and even then it took them 3 years to get the game to the level it was intended to be. I had more crashes on MCC just playing campaign alone than I ever did with CP. Im not defending CDPR, just pointing out this pattern has repeated in this industry for a long time now and they will still continue to do so. The only thing unique about CP is that the base console ports are shockingly bad. Im willing to bet they did them last minute before the launch and they jumped the gun on refunds without first talking to Sony or MS. They tried to be "the good guys" once they were caught with their pants down.

Poetic justice.

Look at this guy. A prime example of ignorance.

There's people on the official cyberpunk forum that get game save corruption without doing item crafting glitches.

CDPR already admitted there is an issue with the game save system and is looking into fixing it asap. The thing is broken. The game is broken and there are alot of pissed off people and rightly so. It's been nothing but shit show after shit show with this game.

But sure yeah, we are all buying into internet drama and spreading BS.

Neil Young

I don't know what to tell you. The game works for me. Maybe I'm playing it wrong? Ive been doing a ton of gigs. I see an icon on the map, it's usually a gig. I do the mission. It works. It has ALWAYS worked to this point. Yes, there are glitches, but nothing game breaking. Like I said, usually clipping after a shotgun blast. I think it looks incredible. The alleyways are super atmospheric. If the game turns to shit and crashes, I'll mention it in one of the threads that pop up.

spawn

It's amazing that these companies are giving these refunds, but when it came to Fallout 76 or Aliens: colonial Marines these retailers said "oh well, you're not getting a refund"

mckmas8808

It's amazing that these companies are giving these refunds, but when it came to Fallout 76 or Aliens: colonial Marines these retailers said "oh well, you're not getting a refund"

I also think that this refund stuff is happening "BECAUSE OF" incidents like Fallout 76 and Aliens: Colonial Marines. It's like the straw that broke the camels back. CDPR had NO intention of selling a real product to base PS4 and Xbox One S users. They didn't test it, nor did they even plan for it to look close to the advertised PC version. It was all a scam to pocket 100s of millions of dollars from last gen gamers.

And it was just too much!

Crazy poster, right here, do not engage the troll.

mckmas8808

Crazy poster, right here, do not engage the troll.

No troll. They didn't make Fallout 76 knowing that the consoles couldn't play it at all. They had a plan to make Fallout 76 into something and it didn't work. That's different that making it illegal to show the PS4 version of the game in a review by a publication.

No troll. They didn't make Fallout 76 knowing that the consoles couldn't play it at all. They had a plan to make Fallout 76 into something and it didn't work. That's different that making it illegal to show the PS4 version of the game in a review by a publication.

Yeah, they totally made something illegal, after all they're part-time job is writing legislation.

Top Bottom