• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

When CD releases one of those big yellow tweets you know it's bad news.

Kind of is as they manned up to shitty last gen games. On the plus side they commit to patches and refunds. Good on them for that. Not very often a studio will outright say you have the right for refunds.

By the time March comes around the game will probably already have about 6-7 patches. Wow.

teezzy

Banned
Could they not have delayed the base PS4/Xb1 versions?

Feels so weird the game even came out on those whatsoever, especially considering how poorly optimized it is on all but top tier PCs

elektrokats

Banned
How to be OP early on in Cyberpunk 2077

-Get the Fenrir SMG immediately and upgrade it as you play through
-Farm about 55k eddies (Sell guns, do police missions)
-Purchase the Double/Charge Jump for 45k and Legendary Armor mod for 14k from the Ripperdoc in Kabuki

Enjoy. You are now an unstoppable Terminator with the ability to jump across rooftops. The Fenrirs's burn damage and fire rate just shreds through enemies and cyberpyschos. This gun will carry you for a long time.

Combine with Black Unicorn Katana to finish off anyone who survives

KmfGZ8j.jpg

scalman

Anyone else spend time building a nice stealthy pistol build and within 20 seconds all hell breaks loose and out comes the shotty?
Shottys too slow for me as enemies with better upgrades moves so fast i found anything shooting fast and powerfull wins.
Jumping across roofs so good there feels so much parkour style as dying light.

Last edited:

Isendurl

They should shut up because they’re communicating with their fans?

And what good that will do? Everybody is so fucking pissed.

Its like when you mess up your girlfriends favorite dress and now she is screaming her lungs out at you.
If you try to talk her down she will scream even more.

Just keep your mouth shut and do something nice for her later. Thats the best way of this situation.

Last edited:

Hobosluz

Neo Member
And what good that will do? Everybody is so fucking pissed.

Its like when you mess up your girlfriends favorite dress and now she is screaming her lungs out at you.
If you try to talk her down she will scream even more.

Just keep your mouth shut and do something nice for her later. Thats the best way of this situation.

So you want them to go dark and work on the game with no communication on understanding that they have messed up, you really cant win with this though.

If they say nothing there is outrage they just went quiet and didn't say anything worst company ever give us an update on what you are going to do!
VS
Saying something and then the outrage that they should stop tweeting and communicating and just work on the game, you know that the people doing the social media updates wont be the same people that will more than likely be in damage control crunch working on it regardless of what social media rep 1 is doing that day.

Freeman76

Are any of the main quests time limited? I was in the badlands with Panam (flight 815) and the Arasaka quest Down on the Street just autocompleted. With there being so many bugs its hard to tell if it was intended to be that way?

How hard is it to make a mod where NPC’s have umbrellas when it’s rain? Now it just looks stupid tbh.
I guess it's hard as you see floating cigarettes and mobile phones on every street corner. Small shit like that stands out, just imagine floating umbrellas everywhere.

Loostreaks

Some of u act like we have no reason to be mad

I like Skillup's videos, but he's not really good when it comes to rpgs...I remember him saying one time Baldur's Gate reinvented rpgs and stands as pinnacle of the genre ( despite having rigid stat system, shallow levelling, no choices, linear level design).
Cyberpunk absolutely delivers on rpg mechanics: stats, skills, perks, playstyle builds, narrative choices, open ended level and quest design.
Only thing I would've liked to see more is personality dialogue options.

Isendurl

Sorry i meant they CDPR cant win either way in terms of them speaking up or staying quiet, not that you cant win.

Yes, but Actions speak louder than words, if they patch the game and its good, everybody will forgot in what state it released in.

I like Skillup's videos, but he's not really good when it comes to rpgs...I remember him saying one time Baldur's Gate reinvented rpgs and stands as pinnacle of the genre...

He is right and you are wrong. Baldurs Gate 2 is still best RPG of all time. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

scalman

When you do double jump and trying enter photo mode in air looks like game dont have double jump pose so they just put that allways instead
ONQ8vYb.png

Once i double jumped on npc's moving car and looked in photo mode it was this pose on top car in air lol

P.s. anyone else want flashlight in game? So many too dark places would be good

Last edited:

asustitan

Banned
I'm not sure why people get so wound up about a few bugs just load it up again, I don't get offended by them. Just accept it is something you are most likely to deal with playing this type of game at release.

danowat

Banned
I'm just not really sure the game knows what it wants to be, a third of it is almost a walking sim/visual novel, a third of it is a FPS, and the last third is an open world RPG, it's probably just me but the 3 parts just don't seem to gel particularly well, and as such the gameplay loop just feels a bit disjointed.

At times I am having fun, like when I am running and gunning with a mad ass shotgun on one of the NCPD suspect or evidence missions and sometimes I am both annoyed and having fun at the same time, in the linear / scripted sections, and sometimes I am in the open world, which is nice, but it just feels like a box ticking exercise.

Then there is a loot and crafting system which is both deep and throw away at the same time, I just think the game is trying to be too much, and because of that it falls apart.

Kadayi

Banned

Excellent news. It's extremely unfortunate the game has come out in the state that it is (I thankfully haven't encountered a lot of bugginess myself) but I do sympathise with the console players, esp on the base systems. however, I day say that by the end of January the games should be a significantly better state than before and I can envisage that CDP will be taking on board a tonne of the feedback and introducing some QoL improvements on top of bug fixes.

Ogbert

Excellent news. It's extremely unfortunate the game has come out in the state that it is (I thankfully haven't encountered a lot of bugginess myself) but I do sympathise with the console players, esp on the base systems. however, I day say that by the end of January the games should be a significantly better state than before and I can envisage that CDP will be taking on board a tonne of the feedback and introducing some QoL improvements on top of bug fixes.

That’s a significant decision.

Loostreaks

He is right and you are wrong. Baldurs Gate 2 is still best RPG of all time. :messenger_sunglasses:
Ehh, I like the game, but it really isn't a good rpg ( in terms of mechanics and char progression). Most of it's rpg elements come from selecting a class and rolling up stats, before you've even started playing the game.

tassletine

I'm playing on PC and haven't seen a huge amount of bugs so that's encouraging, but one thing CDP do need to do is just get rid of that stupid duck and cover reaction from pedestrians.
Those are everywhere and really immersion breaking. I've never seen anyone do that in real life and the fact it's included here seems more like a joke, or hangup from last gen.
It doesn't serve a purpose, except maybe to stop the AI looking as awful as it seems to be, with pedestrians bumping into each other constantly. Other than that the game is very enjoyable.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ehh, I like the game, but it really isn't a good rpg ( in terms of mechanics and char progression). Most of it's rpg elements come from selecting a class and rolling up stats, before you've even started playing the game.
That's how classic D&D character creation is done. Maybe in modern versions it's different, but back then you give your character a name, pick a class, roll dice for STR, INT etc.... and that's what you got all game. Your bonuses come from magic items or temporary magic boosts. But your core stats stick.

Crafting in this game is broken. With some clever crafting / disassembly I was able to maxed out my crafting level to 20 in like 40 minutes. Or maybe it's a feature? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I only rock Legendary items from now on.

mejin

I'm actually worried next gen console version won't come next year or if it comes it will also need several patches after launch.

John2290

I'd imagine the one where you track the corrupted cars down?

Edit : Oh, it might be the Nakatomi plaza one (/s)
If that's the case it'd be hard to say as that's a side mission.

Edit: Oh, if it's the plaza mission then you haven't finished the "prologue" yet as people are calling it which in game is called "Act 1" Depending on what you do after act 2 starts it could be 7-10 hours if reviewers are to be believe to finish it or 50 - 150 hours if some gamers and CDPR team members are to be believed.

Last edited:

Serianox

Just convinced a car not to commit suicide so I'm pretty sure this game is quite good. Also driving around Pacifica looking for one of Delamain cabs gave me the same feelings i got when going by car through some of the more run down parts of my hometown.

How early in the game am I if I have completed the Delamain mission

If it's the go around the city looking for the rogue cars then it's quite early in the game that you unlock it. To complete probably you should be around mid game since one of them requires a gunfight in a more leveled up part of town.

hemo memo

Gold Member

They knew EXACTLY what they were doing. There is a reason no console footage was shown before release and there is a reason why they didn’t send console codes to review and there is a reason why they didn’t allow capture footage from PC before release. They know EXACTLY that not everyone will go through that horrible horrible experience of refunding a game from Microsoft or especially Sony.

As much as I love their support for Witcher 3. This is just ridiculous. It would be better if they said nothing than this obvious bullshit. C’mon CDPR, get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Tahj

Hate to see that update, that it was needed, I mean, but glad to see it too, for those wanting refunds.

Started doing some 'real' SQ's last night, after my confusion the night before. Having a blast, as expected.

Trunim

For comparison, was witcher 3 really this buggy on launch as well? How long did it take them to sort that one out?

Last edited:

Chris Walken

Neo Member
I have to say that even with the poor AI, which for the love of god it needs to be adressed in future patches (fingers crossed), the actual gameplay of the game is pretty good, it has great gunplay mechanics and character control around the world.

I mean of course it's not Dishonored 2 kind of AWESOME (amazing game btw), but for an first person rpg is really good, specially if you compare it against Bethesda games, New Vegas or even the current Deus Ex games.

It's a huuuuuuge step up over The Witcher 3, which has really poor gameplay mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom