• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Choo Choo Choombas!!

good Job on the OT.

got the game preloaded. gonna watch some cyberpunk movies and read world of cyberpunk today to try pass time!

edit: omg black chamber liked this! star struck!! Lol

Last edited:
Nice OT you lot have there, sets the standard for next gen OTs.

impressive-very-nice.gif

I'm so hyped for this game. I keep checking my shipment tracking for my Series X to arrive, imma wait it out to play fresh on that baby.

killatopak

Gold Member
God the waiting sucks.

What’s more I was not the one who preordered my physical copy. It was my friend who I asked to order a copy for me as well. He has work the whole day of the 10th and has the pre order receipt. So I have to wait for him to get off work and go home and only then can I go to his place and get my copy. I’m not even sure if he has night shift as well.

Fuck me.

Maddux4164

Grand. Simply grand. OT well done! Top lads

MniHQie.jpg

We have too many threads tho. Let’s bring or guidesome of that traffic here.

I’ve 2 question.
Is the main story 11h, 15h or 30h?
Completing all three different life paths=50h ?
Every single reviewer except DreamcastGuy, has stated it‘s 20-30ish for their playthroughs. No one even knows how long a completionist run is. They all guess. As no one has done it.

harmny

Banned
Grand. Simply grand. OT well done! Top lads

MniHQie.jpg

We have too many threads tho. Let’s bring or guidesome of that traffic here.

I’ve 2 question.
Is the main story 11h, 15h or 30h?
Completing all three different life paths=50h ?

the consensus seems to be that the mains story is around 20-25 hours. BUT
if you play sidequests you can unlock different endings that you wouldn't get just by playing the main story so it seems to be important to play more than just rushing through the main story

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
It’s worth noting.... you CAN NOT continue playing the game AFTER you beat it

so save up or get a new run ready
Is there a new game plus at launch and is it the same with W3 where you carry over levels and equipment?

I also hope that ng+ allows us to change our appearance/gender as well.

Maddux4164

Is there a new game plus at launch and is it the same with W3 where you carry over levels and equipment?

I also hope that ng+ allows us to change our appearance/gender as well.
Based on reviews. Nope.

CDPR has talked already on NG+ and they’ll add it. But it’s not a launch feature

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Wow amazing OT! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to play it this year but now I have so many different versions I don't know which one I'm going to play and which one I'm returning. HYPE!!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm not getting a Series X till next year by the looks of it. I'm trying to hold off playing the game on One X, but I know my buddy has already pre bought it (home sharing), so it'll show up in my library soon. He doesn't care as he's already got a Series X.

If anyone wants to share their One X experience when they play it, please do.

I'm tempted to play it if it runs well and lots of these janky bugs are stomped out in these early patches instead of waiting till 2021. But if it's shit, I'll wait for 2021.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
I’ve got family responsibilities until Sunday, so unfortunately I won’t be in on launch day. May take Monday off work and just binge it :messenger_grinning_sweat: Hard to believe that it’s almost here. We did it, Samurais!

Maddux4164

Why? How many CRPGs have you played? 2? It's a perfectly fine decision that combined with relatively short main story will encourage replaybillity and experimentation. I love it.
It’s fine. Just that most people, speaking for myself, enjoy mopping up side quests after the story ends.

I am aware the game “let’s you know” it’s the end. So you can choose to save and bang out side quests then

Sakura

Where's the cheapest place to get this? Steam wants 8778 yen, which is like 84 dollars, and GOG wants 70.99 dollars. Surely this game can be had for like 60 bucks, no?

Maddux4164

I could have sworn YongYea said you could.
You’re not wrong. He mentioned something like that, but several reviewers went out of their way to say “hey... it can’t be played after and the game informs you like, this is it” type stuff. I’m assuming YongYea made a save prior to and simply refers to that

Paltheos

A little excited. I've tried to stay dark on this game as much as I can (sans the drama). I've avoided any of the gameplay trailers, but I was very impressed by the earlier stuff that showed off the city in daytime. First work of anything that showed me a cyberpunk city in daytime that convinced me it got the aesthetic. The only title in... years? I think that nearly all my friends are also buying. I'm looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom