• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Official Ray Tracing PC Requirements

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

CD Projekt RED has revealed the official Ray Tracing PC requirements for Cyberpunk 2077. Furthermore, the team has further detailed the non-RT PC requirements for this upcoming RPG.

Cyberpunk-2077-Ray-Tracing-PC-Requirements.jpeg

As CD Projekt RED noted, for gaming at 1440p/Ultra, PC gamers will need an Intel i7 4790K or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with 12GB. PC gamers will also need an NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 or an AMD Radeon RX5700XT.
For gaming at 4K/Ultra, CD Projekt RED recommends using an RTX 2080 Super, RTX3070 or an AMD Radeon RX 6800XT.

Now what’s really interesting here is that CD Projekt RED has not listed any AMD GPUs for its Ray Tracing PC requirements. NVIDIA has stated that Cyberpunk 2077 uses DXR for all of its Ray Tracing effects, and that all DXR-compatible GPUs should be able to support them.
Thus, we are not certain whether AMD’s GPUs will indeed support RT at launch.

But anyway, CD Projekt RED recommends using an RTX2060 for gaming at 1080p with Medium Ray Tracing. For Ultra Ray Tracing at 1440p, the team recommends using an RTX3070. Finally, for 4K/Ultra Ray Tracing, CDPR recommends using an RTX 3080.
Lastly, CD Projekt RED has not listed the framerate that these specs target. However, we can safely assume that they target 30fps.

4.png
Sans_titre.png
5.png
1.png
2.png
3.png

Official Nvidia page:

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I've said it in a few other threads, but I don't think we'll see "decent" RT support for AMD until they release their next-gen updates for the consoles. Which to me, makes the most sense, get it running on consoles with the AMD hardware on those and then just bring those improvements over to the PC side for AMD cards.

Glad to see that my 1080ti still putting in that work in case I can't grab a 3080 before launch. Was disappointed, but less so knowing that the 1080ti will still perform great.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

CD Projekt RED has revealed the official Ray Tracing PC requirements for Cyberpunk 2077. Furthermore, the team has further detailed the non-RT PC requirements for this upcoming RPG.

Cyberpunk-2077-Ray-Tracing-PC-Requirements.jpeg

As CD Projekt RED noted, for gaming at 1440p/Ultra, PC gamers will need an Intel i7 4790K or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with 12GB. PC gamers will also need an NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 or an AMD Radeon RX5700XT.
For gaming at 4K/Ultra, CD Projekt RED recommends using an RTX 2080 Super, RTX3070 or an AMD Radeon RX 6800XT.

Now what’s really interesting here is that CD Projekt RED has not listed any AMD GPUs for its Ray Tracing PC requirements. NVIDIA has stated that Cyberpunk 2077 uses DXR for all of its Ray Tracing effects, and that all DXR-compatible GPUs should be able to support them.
Thus, we are not certain whether AMD’s GPUs will indeed support RT at launch.

But anyway, CD Projekt RED recommends using an RTX2060 for gaming at 1080p with Medium Ray Tracing. For Ultra Ray Tracing at 1440p, the team recommends using an RTX3070. Finally, for 4K/Ultra Ray Tracing, CDPR recommends using an RTX 3080.
Lastly, CD Projekt RED has not listed the framerate that these specs target. However, we can safely assume that they target 30fps.

4.png
Sans_titre.png
5.png
1.png
2.png
3.png

May wanna link the actual source that has more complete info

Anyway, hopefully this will make my 3070 sing.

Last edited:

Banned
RT Lighting > RT Shadows > RT Reflections.

I would bet you wouldn't be able to tell if RT lighting and shadows were on if noone told you they are on in 99% of scenes.

RT lighting and shadows are literally a waste of resources at the moment, developers can fake lighting very well without it, look at Demon's Soul

meanwhile it is pretty obvious if RT reflections are on... because then they actually look correct lol

Madflavor

First day I'm gonna set graphics to med/high, turn on RTX reflections and lighting only, and see what the fuck happens with my 2060

Mister Wolf

I would bet you wouldn't be able to tell if RT lighting and shadows were on if noone told you they are on in 99% of scenes.

RT lighting and shadows are literally a waste of resources at the moment, developers can fake lighting very well without it, look at Demon's Soul

meanwhile it is pretty obvious if RT reflections are on... because then they actually look correct lol

If you gave Demon Souls the same RTGI and RT emissives Metro Exodus has it would look better.

Last edited:

Rengoku

Damn, It brings tears to my eyes seeing my ageing i7-6700k on their spec sheets, lol.

My current setup is a i7-6700k with a 3080. Was worried about cpu bottleneck for awhile, but good to see I can probably still hold on for a bit longer with this setup.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
my specs:

32gb
rtx 2080

i should be able to hit 1440p 60fps at high/ultra with no RTX. if this is native 1440p then i should be able to hit 60+ fps if i run at 1080p and enable DLSS which i will do.

if i want RTX then maybe need to run at 1080p 60fps with RTX medium + DLSS (assuming this doesnt account for DLSS...)

I just need to get a 3080 and I’ll be comfy couching this bitch at 4K with RT all day
that's a lot of money to spend for just 30fps ..... lol

Last edited:

Dampf

Everyone should experience this with Raytracing ON. With it off, it will still look good, but you might as well play it on the consoles.

Raytracing = Next Level Graphics!

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Will I be able to run RT high (1440p) with a 2080S? My PC smashes the rest of the reqs and as far as I know the 2080s has similar performance with the 3070? slightly less? I havent kept up with this. Not going to upgrade my graphics card for this game, so I'll run no RT if my HW can't I guess.

Alienware

I'm currently, literally point for point, in the ultra bracket (except I play at 1440p). I should be in the RT Ultra bracket by the game's launch.
Didn't expect the Ryzen 3600 to be in the top bracket, good stuff.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I've never been more annoyed at buying the damn 2070.

I'll probably do 4k Ultra w/o raytracing. See how it goes. Maybe drop gfx settings to "high" if it's unacceptable. I'm ok with 4k30

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I'll be targeting 4K @ 60 frames per second at maximum settings with ray tracing enabled. So, I guess I'll be using DLSS Performance Mode (1080p to 4K); hopefully the quality is as good as that of Control.

My PC's specifications:

1. Ryzen 9 3950X
2. Asus X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI)
3. G. Skill Trident Z RGB 64GBs (2 x 32GBs) DDR4 RAM @ 3600 MHz
4. EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
5. Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA SSD (Windows OS and non-gaming programs)
6. Sabrent "Rocket" PCIe Gen 4.0 NVMe 2TB SSD (games)
7. Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD
8. Western Digital Blue 4TB & 6TB HDDs
9. Corsair TX850M 850 Watt 80+ Gold PSU
10. Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG

Last edited:
Top Bottom