• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen upgrade gameplay PS5 and XSX

ethomaz

Banned
Lol, I know this game has some really bad bugs but it must be pretty funny to a Dev when someone makes a five minute video standing in the middle of their living and breathing future metropolis, demonstrating how firing into water makes no splash.
The point that is a trivial and basic thing demonstrate the ridiculous state of game.
Cyberpunk at release lacked too many basic things.

It was rushed.

They released a game and Alpha state.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

The problem is Fidelity FX is shite compared to DLSS, if it was up to par it wouldn't be an issue, you'd get full RT at about 1440p in a performance mode.

Leyasu

Banned
I was just watching some PS5 footage running in performance mode. It looks pretty damn good imo. RT is nice and all, but it looks good already and running at 60hz

I'm playing it on series x right now, and honestly it's a fucking amazing game......the only problem....the damned controller. Its honestly absolutely awful on console. I can't see how anyone could play the combat sections well.

This game on pc with mouse and keyboard, I can easily see why it would scores 9s and 10s.

Looks amazing on series x in performance mode but I dunno if I can hack playing with the pad.
Game is superb, as an rpg it’s…okay. V deff is his/her own person tho. Not much customization personality wise there.

intbal

I'm playing it on series x right now, and honestly it's a fucking amazing game......the only problem....the damned controller. Its honestly absolutely awful on console. I can't see how anyone could play the combat sections well.

This game on pc with mouse and keyboard, I can easily see why it would scores 9s and 10s.

Looks amazing on series x in performance mode but I dunno if I can hack playing with the pad.

Every console the game was released on supports mouse and keyboard input. It's up to CDPR to enable it.
I'm not sure if they listen to anything but the loudest complaints, though. Like Sony yanking the game from digital sale because of performance.
I doubt there will be enough people complaining about the controls to get them to care. It would probably require millions.

nkarafo

So how many more updates do you think this game needs to get to the promised state?

I want to play this at some point but i don't want the open world aspect to be the worst of any open world game.

Bojji

So how many more updates do you think this game needs to get to the promised state?

I want to play this at some point but i don't want the open world aspect to be the worst of any open world game.

Open world here is just like open world in Jak 2 for example, it exist to move from one place to another, show how city looks/functions etc. By itself it's not that important so all the stuff that is not here but is in GTA (really doesn't matter much for player if you play this game like intended and not another GTA clone. Missions are superb, story is great and now game looks and runs very good on consoles. I'm surprised how much they improve since 1.0 and wasn't expecting that many changes honestly.

Cyberpunk is like Deus Ex MD but in open world city with vehicles. COMPLETLY NOT like GTA game where city is the main selling point (and gameplay aspects are not the most important aspect for developers).

I completed the game (~60h) and not even once fought with the police, there is no point. You focus on main/side missions, story, upgrading your character etc. GTA5 is weak in comparison, nothing to do outside of main quest.

The key to controller play in cyberpunk is to aim without holding left trigger. Lineup your shoot by positioning the right analog stick where it needs to be first, and then pull LT. Made a massive difference in my combat effectiveness. Another challenge for me was to not think of the game like a normal shooter. Damage is gradual and based on DPS, so you are a lot tougher than you think you are.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I understand the game is getting a patch but a game is much more than performance, or graphic, physics, the cyperpunk hate did some good and created change, I hope games release better.

Saber

Gold Member
No way in hell, this game has one of the best first person camera designs i've seen in an RPG. Making it third person and adding a whole bunch of dialogue cutscenes like The Witcher 3 would only subtract from the experience.

I played and beat this game, and I disagree.
A Deus Ex HR treatment(meaning its not full first person) would do fucking wonders to combat, specially if you're under covers.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I dont agree. The cover system is actually really good in Cyberpunk & better than many « true » FPS imho

Disagree. Experience with the game showed me that covers are basically a wall to block your vision of enemies and used to duck while reloading(similar to any generic fps).
No way I think first view is better than 3rd person view during cover, where you can totally see the place around you and keep track of enemies movement.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I played and beat this game, and I disagree.
A Deus Ex HR treatment(meaning its not full first person) would do fucking wonders to combat, specially if you're under covers.
I really hated that cover system. It was very artificial too since enemies would detect you as soon as you stopped the "cover mode" depending on their position, which made it very counter intuitive at times.

But what i meant more is that i liked it for the way it handled dialogues, i don't like very much when FP RPGs start these "cutscenes" when you start talking to someone, where you get locked into that conversation and somehow the outside world disappears. CP2077 feels much more natural in that regard, and less intrusive.

Last edited:

FrankWza

So many actually good games coming out, doubt I will have time for this disaster of a game.
Yeah. I’ll come back to it at a later time. Maybe they’ll continue to add and update. It’s not bad it’s just not good enough against what’s out now and what will be released over the next few months

GTA5 is weak in comparison, nothing to do outside of main quest.

What? You can plau golf, explore underwater, Do taxi missions, play tennis, Try and get 5 star wanted level, Buy business and do missions for your business, Do stranger missions, Go on triathlon, Steal military jet, Do rampages, Mess around with cheat codes, Win car Street race.

Oh I didn’t even mention GTA Online

Agreed. This game needs some auto aim or magnetism. This is the perfect example of why anyone who wants zero aim assist is objectively wrong.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
What? You can plau golf, explore underwater, Do taxi missions, play tennis, Try and get 5 star wanted level, Buy business and do missions for your business, Do stranger missions, Go on triathlon, Steal military jet, Do rampages, Mess around with cheat codes, Win car Street race.

Oh I didn’t even mention GTA Online
Yeah that guys comment was just strange.

On ps5, game doesnt stop the spotify app playing music so while cruising consider playing some synthwave especially at night. Hell just put on the Drive soundtrack and youre pretty much Ryan Gosling in Night City.

Last edited:

Popup

This game is all about immersion, and release version was cutting corners in that department that no game since 2000 has done. Indeed, water physics may seem trivial but it looks goofy as hell.

2077 was filled with tons of missing features that may seem trivial on their own, but all added together made a huge deal in the moment-to-moment gameplay. Water not reacting, vehicles unable to drive around you, crowds not reacting to things you do.. The list was basically endless.

I'm glad they're finally addressing a lot of these quirks.
I'm glad too of course and completely agree. The video of the guy shooting the water just made me chuckle and ponder about such things from a Devs perspective.

Last edited:
GTA5 is weak in comparison, nothing to do outside of main quest.
NOV19-Gervais-Laughing.gif

Braag

The AI during combat seems smarter too. Overall combat feels harder. It's been a long time since I last played this but I remember it being way easier or my aim has gotten worse.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
The AI during combat seems smarter too. Overall combat feels harder. It's been a long time since I last played this but I remember it being way easier or my aim has gotten worse.

This might be a dumb suggestion but the update basically resets all your stat points making combat way harder if you haven't used them.

dcmk7

Banned

Some Xbox Series S owners are unhappy with how Cyberpunk 2077 runs on the console in the wake of yesterday's 1.5 patch, and CD Projekt Red is taking note. The developer is pledging to look into bringing the experience on Series S closer to the other next-gen versions.

…the developer said they've heard the request for the improvement, and are looking into the possibility of implementing it. However, CD Projekt says they are "investigating our options but don't know if this will be possible".
You would think that CD PR have much better uses of their time than investigating something like that. Must be frustrating for them.

Weird situation to be in, when the console was designed to have the exact same experience as XSX just at lower resolution. Guess the consoles specs must prevent it in most scenarios.

Thaedolus

Checked out the PS5 trial just to see it ray traced and HDR on the OLED- very nice. Seems perfectly playable, except lol at the driving sensitivity. I’ll probably restart on PC now…I can’t do ray tracing on my 1080ti but I’ll have m+kb and >60FPS

Banned
You would think that CD PR have much better uses of their time than investigating something like that. Must be frustrating for them.

Weird situation to be in, when the console was designed to have the exact same experience as XSX just at lower resolution. Guess the consoles specs must prevent it in most scenarios.

they simply didn't bother.

the Series S runs this at a dynamic 1440p30fps and apparently holds to that upper limit pretty well
simply reducing the resolution by half, so slightly below 1080p should mean it should run at 60 or around 60 without issue. then there's also always the option to lower some of the settings, as the Series S runs the game with higher settings than the Xbox One S.

Last edited:

ManaByte

I think the HDR10 on the PS5 version gives it a slight edge over the XSX.

The disc install bug is so annoying I‘m tempted to just buy the digital for $25 so I don’t have to keep deleting the PS4 version

Shmunter

Yeah, extra dev costs and time. And not every dev will take it, they’ll make it run nice on s and just slap it onto the big guys with extra rez and no one can complain.

Elginer

Playing on PS5 and it’s great! For shits and giggles also am playing it Xbox Series S and it’s surprisingly solid there too. Gifted a friend a copy who also has a Series S.

Hoddi

I'm really happy with the upgrade on PC. I also tried the trial versions on both my PS5/XSS and it really feels like the game has been 'fixed' for the consoles.

I'm sure I'll play it at some point now.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Windows central called it “lackluster performance” compared to the lead consoles. Even if they’re able to raise the cap, it’s gonna take a lot of work, Obviously. I thought it was just supposed to be a flip of a switch to scale but I guess not.

Braag

This might be a dumb suggestion but the update basically resets all your stat points making combat way harder if you haven't used them.
I started a new playthrough as last time I had played the game was patch 1.2.

Dampf

When are the console vs console vs pc comparisons dropping? D dark10x , NXGamer NXGamer
I wonder what crowd density setting the consoles use. It can be hard to compare as its just sets the max number of NPCs on screen. Sometimes I will be like, yeah that's definately the high setting and other times I'm like nope it's medium.

Last edited:
I beat it on PC/3090 and Series X at launch, two playthroughs...and I said I was gone leave it alone but my curiosity got the best of me so I installed it on Series X and PC last night and ran around for a few hours this morning.

Maybe its the OLED im using and im spoiled...but I thought it looked phenomenal on Series X...As someone whose criticized the game quite a bit even after dumping tons of time in it, it felt great and looked damn good.

The PC Version seems to have lost quite a few FPS from my playtime with the old patches for some reason...Is this being reported elsewhere?..It does look a bit cleaner/more refined so maybe its just the extra stuff under the hood im not seeing.

So, this game is worth playing now..? Anyone done so on PS5?
Honestly, can’t believe how good it looks/plays on PS5. I put in over 100 hours on PC and seriously considering double dipping on ps5 after the demo.

And shout out to the dualsense implementation, really well done and really ups the immersion factor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom