• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Cyberpunk 2077 needs 4-5 months of work to be polished and ready" Reddit undercover CDPR dev vetted by Jason Schreier

ClosBSAS

so just release it on PC and have crappy last gen consoles that hold every pc game back launch later. just bring next gen versions.

Haven’t they rushed every major release theyve ever done out the door? Come on now. It’s gonna come out with some problems if it’s def 10th or March 10th. Just rip the bandaid off

luffie

If you haven't seen Schreier's rabid agenda against CD Projekt and their work practices, you have not paid attention.

It's funny that you'd accuse anyone else of "bias" to defend literally the most shamelessly biased "journalist" (more like a closet politician and mediocre book peddler) in the industry.

Incidentally, it's funny how this supposed developer moves the goalposts from one post to the other.

First, the game is "not terrible" then it suddenly turns into "coming out to be a great game."

Never trust "sources" that lack internal coherence. But of course, Schreier will trust them when they fit his agenda and narrative.
proof? Anything? Expected, 0. But ppl gotta trust your word tho lol.

what is Jason's agenda? Showing that Cdpr makes promises and then break them is an agenda? Again, what's your evidence? Cdpr can just show a single proof that Jason lied and boom, there he goes.

You have so much bias that you nitpick the developers comment on "not terrible" and "great game" as if those 2 contradicts each other. What's that supposed to show anyway? That the crunch is fake? That Jason falsely report it? I defend Jason? Nah, I trust facts and Jason presented it while you just throw claims with absolutely 0 proof.

You think Cdpr ceo is so scared of Jason that he let out an email apologizing to all the staffs about crunch and noting that his comment on crunch was just terrible?

Clearly you have not paid attention to your own bias. So bias in fact that you have to bring in comments about how his book is mediocre when it has nothing to do with the topic. Please look at the mirror.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I...don't think i can wait that long. It goes against everything I've said about delays before, but they shoulda just said mid 2021 to start. I woulda been ok then.

luffie

You think they'll delay it again after just delaying it for three weeks longer? I wonder if they'd have the balls to do it
Lol, the ceo says "confident but not comfortable", I wouldn't 100% bet on it.
But their balls must be titanium to delay it again, if I'm him, I'll just say its released at Christmas and then release it earlier if possible.

EDMIX

proof? Anything? Expected, 0. But ppl gotta trust your word tho lol.

what is Jason's agenda? Showing that Cdpr makes promises and then break them is an agenda? Again, what's your evidence? Cdpr can just show a single proof that Jason lied and boom, there he goes.

You have so much bias that you nitpick the developers comment on "not terrible" and "great game" as if those 2 contradicts each other. What's that supposed to show anyway? That the crunch is fake? That Jason falsely report it? I defend Jason? Nah, I trust facts and Jason presented it while you just throw claims with absolutely 0 proof.

You think Cdpr ceo is so scared of Jason that he let out an email apologizing to all the staffs about crunch and noting that his comment on crunch was just terrible?

Clearly you have not paid attention to your own bias. So bias in fact that you have to bring in comments about how his book is mediocre when it has nothing to do with the topic. Please look at the mirror.

Completely agreed I'm not saying the dude's not a scumbag, but ultimately the things surrounding this game have much more to do than what a single journalist is saying and my opinion about him is irrelevant ot facts.

He's not putting a gun to anyone's head to tell them something weird like they will "not have mandatory crunch" only for them to come back and tell people they will have Crunch and nobody's forcing anyone to say shit like "no more delays" only to come back to apologize about another delay, for god sakes this game is had 4 fucking release dates in 2020 ultimately we can't keep trying to just argue a single journalist somehow made those things happen.

So I might personally not like a journalist or developer or even a user on this forum but I never let that personal decision affect how I view something objectively if I feel the person is likely telling the truth, even if I dislike them, its why many times on here I might disagree with someone on one thread, but agree with them on another. I don't let a personal disagreement get in the way of a very logical and rational argument.

For God's sakes I'm making a criticism about this developer and I'm still fucking buying Cyberpunk 2077, just like how I made criticisms about Red Dead Redemption 2 but I'm still going to buy the third game or Grand Theft Auto 6 day 1. People need to understand you need to leave your personal issues with some developer aside to objectively get to an answer instead of using any type of weird personal bias as a fucking argument to ignore reality.

So I might personally dislike this Jason character, but there is merit to what this person is saying, there is literally something to argue that they might be correct about this literally because of the things going on right now.

CDPR made this situation what it is. No one fucking told them to make those dumb statements as how many fucking publishers do we really see today making such odd claims? Don't need to have a reversal, apologize, back peddle etc if you just stfu on those statements in the first place. Even the MTX shit was NEVER going to hit the fan the way it did if these dumbasses didn't make statements like "leaving the greed to others" only to then have MTX in their own games themselves.

Blame the media? Nah, blame the developer for making dumbass statements they need to walk back or do we need to remind folks about that no downgrade lie with the Witcher 3?

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
'Reddit Undercover dev at CDPR'
iu

At this point, everyone at CDPR should keep their mouth shut, buckle down and get the game out the door.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Lol, the ceo says "confident but not comfortable", I wouldn't 100% bet on it.
But their balls must be titanium to delay it again, if I'm him, I'll just say its released at Christmas and then release it earlier if possible.

Putting aside the delirium in your previous post that I'm not even going to deign with a reply (I'll just say that "facts" doesn't mean what you think it means. Reports entirely based on anonymous sources have nothing to do with "facts"), that statement has been quoted entirely out of context, and if you bothered to actually look at the publicly-available and full source instead of just blindly believing cherry-picked snippets for hits, you'd know. But looks like blindly believing is your drift.

Since I'm feeling charitable, here's the actual source for your perusal.

Kichinski expresses nothing but confidence that the game's going to come out perfectly fine. The "not comfortable" snippet does not refer to doubts about the release date. It simply means it's not time to relax just because they have a few weeks more.

Last edited:

EDMIX

keep fanboying Jason

smh. So anyone that disagrees with you automatically must be a fanboy of Jason? No middle ground or in-between at all huh?

Kichinski expresses nothing but confidence that the game's going to come out perfectly fine

Ok...I'm sure he did the last several times it was suppose to come out, thats getting a bit old and its starting to question wtf is happening with the development or management of this game. Sir....this game had 4 fucking release dates in 2020.

The "not comfortable" snippet does not refer to doubts about the release date

I greatly disagree. After several delays and 1 delay literally after the game went gold, I feel its very much show they may not be certain of that date as many of us here are not. That shit gets old.

So Jason didn't make em say this.

or this.

or this....AGAIN

https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-boss-re-commits-to-non-obligatory-crunch-on-cyberpunk-2077/

or this

orrrrr this

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/4045...n-graphics-for-witcher-3-wild-hunt/index.html

So unless you can PROVE 100% that this Jason person wrote all those articles and CDPR has never made any statements like that and never lies etc, its really, really hard to make it look like this developer's issues stem from a single fucking journalist. I think they are making really bold, absolute statements and promises that they can't keep. The more any of you preach that crunch is normal and delays are normal, the more it questions why you didn't find it odd that they CDPR seemly are saying otherwise with these fucking statements.

When you tell me or anyone else how normal crunch is or its ok for a game to get delayed its normal, please say that to CDPR sir, they are the ones telling you they won't have crunch and won't have delays.

Last edited:

GenericUser

I will buy it day one and see for myself. Witcher 3 had no game breaking bugs on my end here so I have zero reason to believe CP2077 will have them. In fact, the only problem I can remember having were some slowdowns in a swampy area in velen, apart from that, smooth sailing.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Wouldn't trust anything that Jason character shits out his mouth.

But still wouldn't be surprised if the game is delayed to April/May. I'll be surprised if it comes out in December.

sxodan

smh. So anyone that disagrees with you automatically must be a fanboy of Jason? No middle ground or in-between at all huh?

Ok...I'm sure he did the last several times it was suppose to come out, thats getting a bit old and its starting to question wtf is happening with the development or management of this game. Sir....this game had 4 fucking release dates in 2020.

I greatly disagree. After several delays and 1 delay literally after the game went gold, I feel its very much show they may not be certain of that date as many of us here are not. That shit gets old.

So Jason didn't make em say this.

or this.

or this....AGAIN

https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-boss-re-commits-to-non-obligatory-crunch-on-cyberpunk-2077/

or this

orrrrr this

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/4045...n-graphics-for-witcher-3-wild-hunt/index.html

So unless you can PROVE 100% that this Jason person wrote all those articles and CDPR has never made any statements like that and never lies etc, its really, really hard to make it look like this developer's issues stem from a single fucking journalist. I think they are making really bold, absolute statements and promises that they can't keep. The more any of you preach that crunch is normal and delays are normal, the more it questions why you didn't find it odd that they CDPR seemly are saying otherwise with these fucking statements.

When you tell me or anyone else how normal crunch is or its ok for a game to get delayed its normal, please say that to CDPR sir, they are the ones telling you they won't have crunch and won't have delays.

1. I don't see how is this an issue? They were probably confident about that release date at that time. What's the solution here? To release the game even though you know it's not in an acceptable state? Surely it's better to delay it again, though, I would say they should have delay it to 2021, instead of December.

2. For every crunch story, you have a dev saying it's not that bad and that some people are just so devoted to release this game, they want to work longer hours. You know that right? And why isn't Schreier writing about that in his repports? As always with him, no objectivity and he is only talking about one side of the story.

3. They explicitly said, about a 100 times now that Cyberpunk 2077, the single-player RPG will have ZERO mtx. None, nada, zero. The multiplayer component, which is coming in 2021 will have some but knowing CDPR, you'll get plenty of value for your money.

edit: I don't want to defend CDPR but really, sometimes it feels people are just trying to find something just to shit on them. Look at those jerk-offs at resetera, they are completely crazy, they want to ban the game there.

Last edited:
I couldn't decide which one so heres all of them:

Jokes aside maybe its a good thing for me (and others in same boat) because I plan on playing it on PS5 so hopefully it'll be ready to go around the time of the next-gen patch.

Yeah same this would take a back seat to Demon's Souls until nxt year anyway.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Who the hell still plays large games that haven't been in a long public early access or beta on release day?

Are these people insane?

luffie

Putting aside the delirium in your previous post that I'm not even going to deign with a reply (I'll just say that "facts" doesn't mean what you think it means. Reports entirely based on anonymous sources have nothing to do with "facts"), that statement has been quoted entirely out of context, and if you bothered to actually look at the publicly-available and full source instead of just blindly believing cherry-picked snippets for hits, you'd know. But looks like blindly believing is your drift.

Since I'm feeling charitable, here's the actual source for your perusal.

Kichinski expresses nothing but confidence that the game's going to come out perfectly fine. The "not comfortable" snippet does not refer to doubts about the release date. It simply means it's not time to relax just because they have a few weeks more.

Lol, what a a convenient excuse. 0 proof and just saying "facts doesn't mean what you think it is", I don't go with your alternative facts. Still 0 proof.

So what's the agenda that you have been accusing about? Still 0 proof, but of course, ignore and continue spouting nonsense.

So what has the transcript proof? What are you trying to prove? That the CEO says the game is going to release on time? What is your point? Did Jason says the game isn't going to release on time? No. So what do your transcript bring as evidence for the context on cdpr crunching? 0 facts.

Cherry picked snippet hits? C'mon put the whole quote here in context and prove to me I'm lying, it's soooo easy right? But lol you can't, and merely says "I'll just say that "facts" doesn't mean what you think it means".

Was the OP stating that cdpr is lying about it's release date? No. But your bias agenda is trying to paint someone lying over here. OP merely stated the game needs more work to be polished... which is exactly what CDPR is trying to do with all these delays. So what's your point on the transcript? Nothing, but merely a diversion from your plain prejudice.

Never trust "sources" that lack internal coherence.

VBJCEOo.jpg
rDjW16w.png

So which one of this is a lie? Maybe CDPR can't point it out but you can... because you are credible? lol. See? It lacks internal coherence! I'm gonna bet on the next reply you still haven't have any evidence on Jason's agenda and will try to ignore the 2 image I've posted here. But go on, guess your words are truth with no bias, even with 0 facts.

luffie

Completely agreed I'm not saying the dude's not a scumbag, but ultimately the things surrounding this game have much more to do than what a single journalist is saying and my opinion about him is irrelevant ot facts.

He's not putting a gun to anyone's head to tell them something weird like they will "not have mandatory crunch" only for them to come back and tell people they will have Crunch and nobody's forcing anyone to say shit like "no more delays" only to come back to apologize about another delay, for god sakes this game is had 4 fucking release dates in 2020 ultimately we can't keep trying to just argue a single journalist somehow made those things happen.

So I might personally not like a journalist or developer or even a user on this forum but I never let that personal decision affect how I view something objectively if I feel the person is likely telling the truth, even if I dislike them, its why many times on here I might disagree with someone on one thread, but agree with them on another. I don't let a personal disagreement get in the way of a very logical and rational argument.

For God's sakes I'm making a criticism about this developer and I'm still fucking buying Cyberpunk 2077, just like how I made criticisms about Red Dead Redemption 2 but I'm still going to buy the third game or Grand Theft Auto 6 day 1. People need to understand you need to leave your personal issues with some developer aside to objectively get to an answer instead of using any type of weird personal bias as a fucking argument to ignore reality.

So I might personally dislike this Jason character, but there is merit to what this person is saying, there is literally something to argue that they might be correct about this literally because of the things going on right now.

CDPR made this situation what it is. No one fucking told them to make those dumb statements as how many fucking publishers do we really see today making such odd claims? Don't need to have a reversal, apologize, back peddle etc if you just stfu on those statements in the first place. Even the MTX shit was NEVER going to hit the fan the way it did if these dumbasses didn't make statements like "leaving the greed to others" only to then have MTX in their own games themselves.

Blame the media? Nah, blame the developer for making dumbass statements they need to walk back or do we need to remind folks about that no downgrade lie with the Witcher 3?
I agree, he might be a scumbag, I dunno him in real life, anyone can hate his looks for all I care, but he didn't get into this position with this credibility without merit. He has proven it with many other studios and it was CDPR themselves who approach him to promise about the crunch, and failed to deliver.

It's a weird bias and arrogance to think that the journalist CDPR goes for pr credibility actually made up lies about CDPR that CDPR can dismiss with a single proof and somehow you/we/random guy can just come in and have a more accurate take based on 0 evidence. Jason does not dictate anything within CDPR and CDPR isn't scared of Jason.

I hate what CDPR is doing with crunch, but at the same time and not contradictory, CDPR managers are also not these evil overlords slaving the developers while smoking cigars (like their senior designers said). There's a lot criteria with marketing, advertising spots etc to consider when pushing a delay, and they simply made what is probably the "not popular choice that is crunch".

And yes CDPR dug themselves a hole with their poor estimation and promises that they could not keep. They hurt less people by keeping more things to themselves and allow more time for polish. Happier developers, better game, better reputation, happier customers.

//DEVIL//

"vetted by Jason Schreier"

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Incidentally, one developer in a team of hundreds almost never has good visibility on the overall state of a game.
This is typical of jason. They gave him the finger by ignoring him and his attention seeking ,now he is trying to find dirt on the game. Notice as of late he doesn't report on anything but this ?

Poor guy is going crazy butt hurt

Gamezone

Gold Member
The devs should be in no hurry and take their time to finish the game. There shouldn't be any pressure to kill themselves to deliver a game that has issues, be it with bugs or general level of polish.

Sure Covid could be reason for the game suffering development setbacks but the devs should know when they can finish the game and set expectations beyond that timeframe to cover themselves in case the process gets interrupted again for some reason.

We are not going to see this game released come December. Of that I am 100% sure. This is a 2021 game.

No way. They've announced that the game has gone gold. Has major delays after such announcements ever happened?

Hostile_18

Banned
It's weird because theres still plenty of gamers that play offline. What kind of experience are they going to have with the game if it's not good enough to release 🙈.

That been said I can understand how this unfortunate situation happened. The pressure to release vs the pressure to create the best game ever after amazing precious success, like 3D Realms before them, must be intense.

An RPG is a particularly difficult genre to "finish" with this mindset. At some point you've got to let your baby go. December the 10th here we come!

N30RYU

it's gonna be delayed again... there's not a chance that they are gonna make it... Poland has moved from 500 new covid infected Sep 1st... to 20,000 yesterday...

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I think the best thing right now would be to delay for longer, and get those next gen patch versions completed as well. Then pick a date next Spring/Summer and release on all platforms at once. Then you can be a bit more honest about how gash it inevitably looks on 2013 technology.

This game should have been moved to just next gen years ago.

Last edited:
Now this is worrying.

I only noticed this due to a Twitter post when searching up for any updates on Cyberpunk, and this account which has been confirmed as a real CDPR dev by Jason Schreier posted something which in light of the recent delay makes very bleak reading.

Eld40LfXEAAbNgP

This reddit post is a few weeks old so their statement still rings true, and given the lack of full confidence from CDPR to hit that December 10th date going off their latest round of teleconference calls: Adam Kiciński said: "We feel — maybe not comfortable, but confident [in the new release date]." Again, not the kind of comment that you want to hear if you're betting on Cyberpunk hitting its new date.

Even Michal Nowakowski, vice president of business development, doesn't seem totally sold on the idea. When asked if the game would definitely launch on the 10th December, he replied: "That's more or less what I'm saying, I guess — yes."

At least there are plenty great games dropping prior to Cyberpunk 2077 so we can try and cast our attention away from the continual disappointing delays this game is receiving.

Think on the bright side, game will be much better with the more polishing time it gets, and other games can shine which may had been overlooked prior to this recent delay.

o8jwp39lrp551.jpg
Necessary day one patch.... What I hate the most about modern gaming.

I cannot even defend CDPR if this is true and I love them.

This gen is just gonna be most games requiring or "highly recommending" day one patches. Bonus points when those patches are large.

Ugh.

They should`ve just went the "When it`s done" way instead of playing Bingo with release dates again and again.....

Last edited:

Horatius

i will never understand why dumbass game journos care so much about crunch

it's not an issue anyone outside twitter gives a damn about but half the stories on these websites are like "people had to do overtime at this job"

Sybrix

As always ill wait before i order, if this news is true then i may pick this up next year when a few patches have been released

DustQueen

Banned
Those kinda big games with complex systems are always have their final polish AFTER the release. Cos it is one thing when ur in-house QA testers have their hands on the game and another when millions of players pounding ur code left and right breaking ur game in all kinds of ways.
So yeah. Cyberpunk ll be a bit raw on release... Did anyone expected different?

Do u even remember that Witcher 3 released as what essentially was beta version of the code?

Last edited:

Madflavor

I might eat crow with this, but I still see quite a lot of people saying that it's going to get delayed again, and I just have a really hard time seeing that. It would be such a PR nightmare if they were to delay it a fourth time. People would go absolutely nuclear on them. There was such a backlash for that last delay, and that was only 3 weeks. Not to mention it's obvious at this point that CDPR has tarnished a lot of the good will and faith that they've earned over the years from people. What's going to happen if they delay it another 4-5 months?

They should honestly just release it. At worst it sounds like there will be some performance issues and bugs that'll get ironed out in the coming months. It is what it is. At least it still sounds like it's going to be a great game.

Starfield

why cant they just release a small demo where you can create your character and maybe play the intro. That way alot less people would be mad for any further delays. Demos existed for a reason back then

wolywood

Unless there's something absolutely game breaking that was somehow discovered after going gold, just release the damn thing already. There's going to be bugs at first, and I think CDPR are underestimating how tolerant people will be of initial fixes, as long as they have something that's playable. Hell tons of people are gladly forking over 60 bucks for a beta version of Baldur's Gate 3.

TW3 a year after its release was much better in many ways, all these delays lead me to think that it will be the same with this title, I honestly look forward to it.
I have an infinite back log so... I'll wait.

Last edited:

mr.dilya

Banned
It’s possible to call out Schreiers hate boner for CDPR and at the same time recognize that they haven’t handled development and release of this game well at all.

I honestly think they let the success of the Witcher 3 get to their heads and they went a little off the rails with the marketing of Cyberpunk. I hate rockstar games but they should take notes on how they handle their franchises...stay tight lipped until you know you are fully prepared to show the goods.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
So unless you can PROVE 100% that this Jason person wrote all those articles and CDPR has never made any statements like that and never lies etc, its really, really hard to make it look like this developer's issues stem from a single fucking journalist.

That's an enormous strawman argument.

All developers have issues, especially developers who make complex and ambitious games like CD Projekt, which is, mind you, a good thing. Developers should push the envelope and CD Projekt is beloved because they do. That comes with a price and obviously, CD Projekt is willing to pay it.

But Schreier has made a point to unload as much shit on them as he possibly can because they conflict with his obvious and absolutely shamelessly displayed political views, massively overinflating the perception of any issues they may have among those naive enough to listen to him. Of course, that's extremely scummy, but not surprising from him.

Yet, this is going to be short-lived. The game is almost here and it's most likely going to be great, and this will put all his screeching back into the closet it belongs. He knows he doesn't have much time left to shit on them before it becomes irrelevant, so he's pushing that turd really really hard.

blah blah blah

You've gone completely delirious.

Last edited:
(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

VBJCEOo.jpg
rDjW16w.png

Fact #1:

Jason posted the following tweet (my emphasis):

"Capitalism is fine, it's unregulated capitalism that's going to be the end of us all. One good way to make capitalism serve people rather than billionaires would be for it to be illegal to be a billionaire" (source)

Fact #2:

"Marcin Iwinski - CD Projekt Red Founder And CEO, The Witcher Franchise’s Godfather - Is Officially A Billionaire" (source)

Fact #3:

Jason also tweeted the following:

"Objectivity leads to bad reporting" (source)

Now that that's out of the way, let me focus on the substance. In no way does Adam Kiciński's apology vindicate Jason's take. Setting aside Kiciński acts as CDPR's spokesman for investor and financial matters, and so he better watch his tongue, the point still stands. According Jason's own admission people were crunching vo-lun-ta-ri-ly before mandatory overtime kicked in and they were getting paid for the extra hours and they will be getting a bonus on top of all that. Their crunch was voluntary, as in quite possibly out of a sense of decency and work ethic and professionalism. Got that? As for mandatory crunch there's no reason to believe it breaks contracts, as it would probably expose CDPR to a slew of court cases.

So at the end of the day, don't like it there? Try to bargain. Still didn't get what you thought you deserved? Fuck off and hit the road go somewhere else. If you're a good professional, CDPR will realise the error of their ways and probably refrain from making the same mistake in the future.

CD Projekt RED has no obligation to pay you the kind of money you might think you deserve, doesn't have to set your workload according to your personal needs and circumstances, doesn't have to adjust in any shape or form to cater to you. They can do it, and if they want to attract and retain the best they probably will have to, but they are not under any sort of obligation. It's their company, their money, their business, therefore their decision.

Jason is flat out wrong
If he wants to build a career as the trade unionist of the videogame industry, he's free to do it. He should know, though, that activism is not compatible with journalism.

Top Bottom